Luke Skywalker & Mara Jade vs. Eragon & Arya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
All combatants are at their peaks, Eragon's and Arya's swords are both able to block lightsabers, but the Riders do not get aid from Saphira or Firnen in any form other than energy for magic, however they do get the Eldunari.

In a single, all-out fight to the death, which side wins and why?

BloodRain
EU Luke?

jmoul
That is implied when I said that ALL are at their peaks. So yes, EU Luke.

BloodRain
Then I'm gonna go with 'cosmic rape' as my answer.

I dont know nothing about Eragon but cant see it being this powerful.

AuraAngel
Well Eragon is rather weird because there are apparently 12 words to cast death on things but they never get used.

But lol EU Luke. He stomps the Eragon verse while laughing.

jmoul
Eragon and Arya are both incredibly skilled with a sword, they have the speed and strength of the elves (Arya was born an elf, Eragon is a human magically transformed to be more elf than human), they both can use magic, which isn't limited to just TK but includes a whole slew of other deadly attacks, such as multiple spells which kill instantly without much energy from the caster. Finally, they can use their minds to try to take control of their opponents or even kill them with a mental assault which only those with the strongest of wills can hope to survive.

One thing I should add: don't comment unless you know enough about both sides to make an accurate and informed prediction, otherwise, it will sink to an insult-fest faster than what is normal for these threads.

AuraAngel
If I recall Eragon's best feat for reaction is catching an arrow. Luke is much faster than that.

Granted the Eldunari gives Eragon powers that may be sufficiently powerful enough to put up a moderate defense but how much I can't say for certain. And I've only heard that Luke's force feats from the EU are insane.

BruceSkywalker
Luke and Mara tcb

Utrigita
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Well Eragon is rather weird because there are apparently 12 words to cast death on things but they never get used.

But lol EU Luke. He stomps the Eragon verse while laughing.

The reason the 12 words of death never get used is because every magic user in the Eragon Universe shields himself from those, you can if I understand correctly power you way through the magic shields, but it's a very consuming process.

The major question is how the magic will affect Luke and Mara Jade...

KingD19
Eragon after he became half elf was pretty beastly if I recall. He was cutting down men by the dozen before they could react, and was speedblitzing seasoned elves with hundreds of years of combat experience.

Utrigita
Originally posted by KingD19
Eragon after he became half elf was pretty beastly if I recall. He was cutting down men by the dozen before they could react, and was speedblitzing seasoned elves with hundreds of years of combat experience.

Against EU Luke, Eragon isn't imo bringing this home by being engaging Luke in a duel.

Impediment
EU Luke stomps while Mara Jade oils up her ass for the pending victory sex.

Pwned
Yeah, there just isn't a way for Eragon and Arya to keep up.

Luke has just done way too much... Including permanently cloaking a planet with the Force. There is a rough indication of his strength, may be a bit low.

Eragon.... Has some impressive feats, but given that Luke has fought at a speed where the only reason he could be seen (by another Force User I must add) was his lightsaber (this was DE, where he fought Palpatine. And is not his most powerful)

All in all, Eragon and Arya tend to lead in with sword. And they will be dead in moments. That is just because Luke will try to talk them out of the fight until Mara, being the pragmatic one, points out they can't. So Luke just wins.

Nephthys
Personally I'm not seeing a way for Luke to survive if Eragon busts out his 12 words of death.

Unless we take that 'all-out' bit literally. Luke is powerful, but he has the unfortunate trait of not busting out the big guns..... ever. You won't see him running up and cutting Eragons head off before he knows what the **** or twisting his head off like a cork because thats just not how Luke does things. But if he's really going all out he might be able to whoop the pair before they can kill him.

Pwned
He could immobilize his jaws, or redirect their attention. Magic is utterly useless if you can't focus on what you want to affect.

Nephthys
I think the magic duo can use magic without needing to say the words out-loud. Don't quote me though.

AuraAngel
They can. It's how they beat the Big Bad actually.

Mind you I think that was the first time they used it nonverbally.

Scarlet Fox
Eragon and Arya have the Mind thing where they can enter anothers mind to try and take the person over... This would be pointless against Luke since he is FAR from weak willed.

Eragon and Arya can use sword. Luke is faster and near unable to be seen at that.

Eragon and Arya can use Magic. Luke has the Force... Seriously.

I dont see Eragon and Arya winning.

Dolos
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I'm not seeing a way for Luke to survive if Eragon busts out his 12 words of death.

Unless we take that 'all-out' bit literally. Luke is powerful, but he has the unfortunate trait of not busting out the big guns..... ever. You won't see him running up and cutting Eragons head off before he knows what the **** or twisting his head off like a cork because thats just not how Luke does things. But if he's really going all out he might be able to whoop the pair before they can kill him.

Eragon gets a few milliseconds into the first of the twelve words and is dead.

/thread

Pwned
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think the magic duo can use magic without needing to say the words out-loud. Don't quote me though. They can, however it is extremely dangerous. If their attention is diverted from the subject for just a moment, then it has a good chance of backfiring. Which is why that won't work on these two. Mara did it all the time as a Hand, and Luke is quite proficient in the technique as well, since otherwise he'd always get mobbed by reporters.

jmoul
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Eragon and Arya have the Mind thing where they can enter anothers mind to try and take the person over... This would be pointless against Luke since he is FAR from weak willed.

Eragon and Arya can use sword. Luke is faster and near unable to be seen at that.

Eragon and Arya can use Magic. Luke has the Force... Seriously.

I dont see Eragon and Arya winning.

First, the mind control is not completely pointless, when it has enough force behind it, a mental assault can stop a person dead in their tracks. Also, keeping anybody from gaining control of your mind requires complete focus on a single thing, which incredibly difficult for one to do, especially in combat and when one has the Force, which allows one to take in all of their surroundings, but not actually focus on one thing in particular.

Also, on the Magic vs. Force problem, the Force, while it allows one to perform any number of incredible feats, the most impressive ones require intense concentration, whereas, with magic in the Inheritance Cycle, it takes intent, energy and the Ancient Language to do it perfectly every time, unless one's energy is insufficient to perform the magic. By using this method, Eragon and Arya are able to perform any number of feats with little to no concentration necessary, other than on the incantation's pronunciation, if the spell is lengthy.

Finally, for the sword aspect. In the Inheritance Cycle, when Eragon and Arya are in sword fights, they are described as going so fast, most of their enemies don't even react before they have fallen to their blades. Eragon and Arya both have magic imbued in their bodies and are able to fight stronger, faster, and longer than almost any other soldiers.

So Eragon and Arya are at least Luke's equal in skill and close to it in speed, they are also not essentially limited to TK as Luke and Mara often are, and Eragon's and Arya's mind control could be highly effective against both Jedi. So it won't be as big of a blow out as many of you are trying to make it out to be.

Sources: I have read each book in the Inheritance Cycle at least 6 times since their releases..

Dolos
ROTS Sids moved like a phantom, DP Plagueis, his superior master, moved like a bolt of lightning, Luke moved like a Hindu God by FOTJ.

It was explained he looked as though he was twenty Jedi wielding lightsabers as oppossed to one.

Utrigita
Originally posted by jmoul
So Eragon and Arya are at least Luke's equal in skill and close to it in speed, they are also not essentially limited to TK as Luke and Mara often are, and Eragon's and Arya's mind control could be highly effective against both Jedi. So it won't be as big of a blow out as many of you are trying to make it out to be.

If Eragon and Arya was perceived as moving so fast that they was wielding 20 sabers, by people equal to them I could follow that line of thought, but they wasn't. Secondly to think that the only thing Luke and Mara has is TK is a misunderstanding, Luke can also use electric judgement a lightside version of lightning. And the force generally is much more simpel to utilize in a fight then the magic system Eragon and Arya uses.

Nephthys
If I recall Luke was only perceived as such while he was under a Battle Meld with his niece and nephew, which would have given him a nice boost to his combat abilities. Luke has been unable to blitz characters before who have no notable ability with speed, such as Lumiya.

Pwned
He and Sidious were fighting at blur speeds, weren't they?

Not to mention fighting several Sith at once would require a good amount of speed.

Regardless, I don't think Eragon or Arya have ever been shown to keep up with Force user speeds. They are ever fighting at speeds where nobody can see them, just humans.

jmoul
Okay, you understood what I was trying to say with the 'TK limitation' comment: the incredibly devastating attacks that Luke and Mara could unleash would be minimized due to the intense concentration required to perform them, however they can use the more basic, less deadly attacks without much concentration.

Eragon and Arya on the other hand, can cast spells that are often as devastating as some of the most powerful Force Attacks, with the concentration required for the basic Force attacks, since they only need the Ancient Language and the will to cast them. Not to mention both of them know the true name of the Ancient Language (The Name of All Names, as Paolini calls it at times), which allows them to change the very nature of things (end of Inheritance).

With the Name of All Names as a factor, Luke and Mara, even with all their power and whatever shielding abilities the Force allows, could have their power stripped away for a second, long enough for Eragon or Arya to use a simple Letta (Stop) and literally freeze them in place with magic and then go to kill them with literally no trouble.

Pwned
Unless, you know..... He immobilizes their jaw after figuring out they are going to use verbal stuff...

Then diverts their attention from him and Mara.

That means a win.

jmoul
Eragon and Arya can cast spells without speaking as well, so that renders your argument invalid.

Pwned
Originally posted by Pwned
Then diverts their attention from him and Mara. I know they can do that. However, Luke and Mara can do this. That means no magic, when they can't speak or focus on them.

And in a fight where Luke and Mara have the Force but Eragon and Arya have no magic..... Its a stomp.

jmoul
The fight is all-out, not just a sword-fight, so Eragon and Arya have magic.

Pwned
Read my argument instead of just replying to the last sentence.

It nullifies their use of magic by making it impossible to verbalize it, and then too dangerous to use mentally because they can't focus. Thereby becoming an all-out on the part of the Skywalkers, and a sword fight on the part of Eragon and Arya.

Not sure how to tack in a facepalm, but if somebody would be so kind, please do so.

ScreamPaste
mariofacepalm

Pwned
Thank you Scream big grin

Scarlet Fox
Magic is dangerous in Inheritence. If they over do it they can kill themselves. With the Skywalkersw having so much power of mind as well as body it would be understandable that any 'Death' words would kill them before they kill the Force users. Not to mention their swords would be shredded by the Lightsabers anyway... I know the 'Discussion Rules' say they block them but.. come on.

All in all the power of the Dragon Rider comes from the Dragon. Which is why it is said a few times in the book that it is dangerous for either to be seperated since they cant help each other from long distances away.

Again with Magic there is a limit. The Force just has a limit for Concentration. You either know you can do something and you do it or you dont think you can and you dont. With magic if you do too much you die.

I understand both sides are powerful in their own way, but in an all out sword Fight, Skywalkers take it and when it comes to Magic/Force usage, Skywalkers dont really have a limit while Eragon and Arya do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.