Maul and Savage vs. AOTC Anakin and ROTS Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins?

DARTH POWER
Sabers- Jedi (but it will be close).

Force- Sith (It won't be close).

All Out- Sith.

Nephthys
Anakin is quite the weak-link. I don't see him surviving very long against Opress.

Of course, Kenobi has already defeated these 2, but he was pushed to his very limits and he didn't exactly out-duel them. Tempest also claims that they weren't going for the kill in that fight, so theres that as well.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Of course, Kenobi has already defeated these 2, but he was pushed to his very limits and he didn't exactly out-duel them. Tempest also claims that they weren't going for the kill in that fight, so theres that as well.

For reference purposes, note that Maul demanded Obi-Wan's surrender and later confirmed that he never planned on killing . Shadow Conspiracy also observes that the environment played a decisive role in Kenobi's advantage.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So the saber strikes at Kenobi were just for show, and if Obi didn't block them.. they would've pulled up before striking him? Please, let's use common sense here

The_Tempest
Common sense like when a guy demands another guy's surrender and says he never planned on killing him... That he probably didn't want to kill him? mmm

Nahhhhhh.

DARTH POWER
Anakin is quite the weak-link. I don't see him surviving very long against Opress.

In the Force, No. In a pure Saber duel he can win (or at least do well). He gave Count Dooku a fair bit of trouble according to the novel.

Of course, Kenobi has already defeated these 2, but he was pushed to his very limits and he didn't exactly out-duel them.

Of course he outduelled them. What else did he do? He didn't exactly best them with Force TK.

Tempest also claims that they weren't going for the kill in that fight, so theres that as well.

Tempest isn't a canon source. When Dave Filoni says that they held back against Obi-Wan then I'll believe it. But considering Filoni gave an in depth interview on why/how Obi-Wan was able to do so well against the brothers and never once even hinted at Maul and Opress holding back, It's pretty unlikely that they were.

As for him "preferring" to take Kenobi alive (so he can torture the hell out of him) let's not pretend Maul would cry if he was forced to mortally wound or even kill Kenobi.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Common sense like when a guy demands another guy's surrender and says he never planned on killing him... That he probably didn't want to kill him? mmm

Nahhhhhh.

So when they wre trying to cut him down.. are you claiming that if he was unable to block one of their strikes.. they would've stop short of hiting him?

mnat801
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
In the Force, No. In a pure Saber duel he can win (or at least do well). He gave Count Dooku a fair bit of trouble according to the novel.

Of course he outduelled them. What else did he do? He didn't exactly best them with Force TK.

Tempest isn't a canon source. When Dave Filoni says that they held back against Obi-Wan then I'll believe it. But considering Filoni gave an in depth interview on why/how Obi-Wan was able to do so well against the brothers and never once even hinted at Maul and Opress holding back, It's pretty unlikely that they were.

As for him "preferring" to take Kenobi alive (so he can torture the hell out of him) let's not pretend Maul would cry if he was forced to mortally wound or even kill Kenobi. thumb up

Vensai
I think AoTC Anakin could hold off Savage (he held off Dooku alone for a while) while Kenobi kills Maul before the two team up on Savage.

Regarding the taking alive argument, that does not mean the brothers would have minded chopping a few limbs off him. Let us not pretend Maul cared for a second if he actually killed him or not.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So when they wre trying to cut him down.. are you claiming that if he was unable to block one of their strikes.. they would've stop short of hiting him?

mmm

Looks like you aresomeone is more than willing to differentiate between the performance of a fighter seeking an enemy's capture and the performance of a fighter seeking an enemy's death when it suits your argument.

So with this in mind, let me ask you a question...

Check your double standards at the door, bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.