aquaman vs magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mighty adam
New 52 aquaman vs current mags. Fight takes place 50 miles from sea.

mighty adam
Two very underrated characters I say its 50-50

-Pr-
Magneto kills him.

Mshinu
Mags faster than AM can pee his pants.

-Pr-
On topic, please.

mighty adam
Aquaman has far superior strength and fighting skills. Plus aquaman if he knock the helmet off its over aquaman will get threw his shields in time.

SevenShackles
Isn't current magneto working at a painful fraction of his power?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bz9y3vpgxtM/UPgwv94c89I/AAAAAAAAFQg/6WNXxmgjSW4/s1600/UNCANNYXMEN1Teaser.jpg
As seen in the above comic.

mighty adam
People give aquaman very lil respect he can run on land very fast I see a speed blitz with aquaman calling in giant sea things plus his class 500 ton strength mag will have a hard time here

mighty adam
Last I recall no. I could be wrong tho

-Pr-
Originally posted by mighty adam
People give aquaman very lil respect he can run on land very fast I see a speed blitz with aquaman calling in giant sea things plus his class 500 ton strength mag will have a hard time here

Huh?

armedforbattle
500 ton strength
http://i.imgur.com/jMpt3.gif

SevenShackles
http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/magneto-traitor.jpg
his powers are in question. He failed to tear apart sentinels and when he did use his powers suffered intense pain and needed to be healed by one of the young mutants that was with them.

So aquaman beats mags stupid.

mighty adam
If aquaman can swim at 10000 feet per hour he should be fast on land and aquaman has held up a city block flipped tanks he ain't top tier strength but he's high mid tier

mighty adam
Originally posted by SevenShackles
http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/magneto-traitor.jpg
his powers are in question. He failed to tear apart sentinels and when he did use his powers suffered intense pain and needed to be healed by one of the young mutants that was with them.

So aquaman beats mags stupid. yea hmm this is spite well its classic mags then.

-Pr-
The way Aquaman is going, 500 tonnes isn't really out of his reach. Heck, you could argue he already did it with the cruise ship and the land-mass underwater.

mighty adam
Originally posted by -Pr-
The way Aquaman is going, 500 tonnes isn't really out of his reach. Heck, you could argue he already did it with the cruise ship and the land-mass underwater. yea and its 10000 feet per sec. So he should be around 400 500 + mph on land aquaman isn't not push over but... Mag can stack 100 cars on top of him, throw him in space etc I leaning in fishboy lane but its still close

comicfan11
yea and its 10000 feet per sec. So he should be around 400 500 + mph on land aquaman isn't not push over but... Mag can stack 100 cars on top of him, throw him in space etc I leaning in fishboy lane but its still close

Aquaman has shown superspeed on land before.
More recently in JL 15 vs WW.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125513/2828574-justiceleague_16_thegroup_005_super.jpg

And his most recent lifting feat is the ocean liner in JL

http://namtab.com/aquablog/justiceleague10pg6.gif

These ships weigh in excess of 100000 tons.

I think AQ can take current Mags if he is at the level suggested in this thread

-Pr-
Not really sure a tackle is a speed feat as much as it's a strength and speed one.

comicfan11
Not really sure a tackle is a speed feat as much as it's a strength and speed one.

He moves from one place to another very fast. It might be derivative of his strength but the point is how fast he can move from one place to another. Strength is needed to be able to actually tackle WW.

ColossusGrundy
AM in the DCnU is a badass and finally getting some respect.

IF he can get his hands on Mags, or get some sort of projectile that isn't metal, he has a good chance to win.

If he doesn't get near him, Mags can beat him down all day from afar.

armedforbattle
The way Aquaman is going, 500 tonnes isn't really out of his reach. Heck, you could argue he already did it with the cruise ship and the land-mass underwater.
Well I did a little research, and an average cruise ship weighs about 60-120 tons.
So its not near 500 ton strength

-Pr-
Originally posted by comicfan11
He moves from one place to another very fast. It might be derivative of his strength but the point is how fast he can move from one place to another. Strength is needed to be able to actually tackle WW.

it was a very short distance, though, is all i'm saying.

Originally posted by armedforbattle
Well I did a little research, and an average cruise ship weighs about 60-120 tons.
So its not near 500 ton strength

where did you read that? cruise liners weigh thousands of tons.

armedforbattle
Aquaman has shown superspeed on land before.
More recently in JL 15 vs WW.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125513/2828574-justiceleague_16_thegroup_005_super.jpg

And his most recent lifting feat is the ocean liner in JL

http://namtab.com/aquablog/justiceleague10pg6.gif

These ships weigh in excess of 100000 tons.

I think AQ can take current Mags if he is at the level suggested in this thread
I'm not sure where you got that number. That would be 200000000 lbs.

armedforbattle
http://drbj.hubpages.com/hub/Worlds-Largest-Cruise-Ship--Review
225,282 tons.
Worlds largest cruise ship

But the average is 60000-120000 tons

So yeah its right around class 100 strength(assuming its an average size cruise ship)

armedforbattle
it was a very short distance, though, is all i'm saying.

where did you read that? cruise liners weigh thousands of tons.
There were supposed To be more zeros on there. Sorry
Haha

-Pr-
oh laughing out loud

comicfan11
I'm not sure where you got that number. That would be 200000000 lbs.

There have been nine or more new cruise ships added every year since 2001, all at 100,000 GT or greater

Aquaman is lifting a ship like the Costa Concordia that capsized last year. The issue was a refference to that.

The Costa Concordia weighs 114,137 GTons

Info for the weights from wikipedia

comicfan11
PR I agree the distance was not so big, but the speed shown is very fast. Fast enough to tackle WW after she attacks him from behind (with the lasso). Even if AQ can only use bursts of speed like that, it's still a huge advantage in every fight, especially against opponents who are slower.

armedforbattle
There have been nine or more new cruise ships added every year since 2001, all at 100,000 GT
The Costa Concordia weighs 114,137 GTons

I already corrected myself (I had left out 4 zeros) my bad there.
But yeah 114,137 tons
Class 100 strength is lifting upwards of 100 tons,
So AM is definitely class 100 strength.

yaadaveyaa
yea mags is far more powerful here if there is any metal anywhere close am dies

comicfan11
I already corrected myself (I had left out 4 zeros) my bad there.
But yeah 114,137 tons
Class 100 strength is lifting upwards of 100 tons,
So AM is definitely class 100 strength.

OK
I hadn't seen it when before I posted the numbers.

mighty adam
People need to understand its not just AM Strength but his speed and fighting skills he can beat or put up a great fight with most now on the other hand mags got rang and shields plus he can suck the iron out his blood and yes rip his atoms apart but its good to see people ain't just writing AM off ass easily any more on these forums

-Pr-
PR I agree the distance was not so big, but the speed shown is very fast. Fast enough to tackle WW after she attacks him from behind (with the lasso). Even if AQ can only use bursts of speed like that, it's still a huge advantage in every fight, especially against opponents who are slower.

you'd have to quantify "very fast" though stick out tongue

mighty adam
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
yea mags is far more powerful here if there is any metal anywhere close am dies yes mags got the durability edge. Still AM ain't going down from just 5 cars thrown on him. Now if mags got crazy, and slam a cruise ship on him on land then AM is out. Fight is 50 miles from water so.....

yaadaveyaa
if there is metal around ne where i dont think he'd ever be able to break thru mags shields am def has a phsyical strength advantage but thats about it

comicfan11
you'd have to quantify "very fast" though stick out tongue

Fast enough to tackle a non surprised WW and crash her through the docks. That's good enough I think. Given WW's speed I'd say it's faster than most non flying "bricks". The artwork with the way the water is split makes it seem almost instantaneous.

-Pr-
I'm not ready to argue that Arthur's reflexes are on par with Diana's just yet, tbh.

comicfan11
I'm not ready to argue that Arthur's reflexes are on par with Diana's just yet, tbh.

It's early of course, but the feat is legit. I'm sure we'll see more of it.

mighty adam
I'm not ready to argue that Arthur's reflexes are on par with Diana's just yet, tbh. his fighting skills are.

yaadaveyaa
ww=am in fighting skills? idk about that?

carver9
Mags stomps this.

comicfan11
his fighting skills are.

I'd argue WW has always been better due to specific mentions of her training.
AQ is good, better than most bricks I'd argue and he has appearances that mention his training as a warrior, but WW traditionally is regarded as one of the most skilled class 100s. It's kind her "thing"

Though in the NuDCU not everything has been revealed. We know both of them had fighting experience before the JL vs Darkseid fight (and in AQ's case we've seen strategic feats also), but still WW is traditionally one of the top fighters.

mighty adam
I'd argue WW has always been better due to specific mentions of her training.
AQ is good, better than most bricks I'd argue and he has appearances that mention his training as a warrior, but WW traditionally is regarded as one of the most skilled class 100s. It's kind her "thing"

Though in the NuDCU not everything has been revealed. We know both of them had fighting experience before the JL vs Darkseid fight (and in AQ's case we've seen strategic feats also), but still WW is traditionally one of the top fighters. no doubt. But I was just saying he's up there. and with his skills speed strength gives him a high chance vs stronger people like hulk. Now before I get hate I'm not saying he will beat the hulk but he could and if water is around he could and would beat ww, hulk and more.

comicfan11
no doubt. But I was just saying he's up there. and with his skills speed strength gives him a high chance vs stronger people like hulk. Now before I get hate I'm not saying he will beat the hulk but he could and if water is around he could and would beat ww, hulk and more.

I'll say that these fights would be a lot more tough than most people would like to admit (due to ignorance for AQ's abilities), but I don't think he could take out Hulk (due to his regen). He most certainly could hurt him with the trident, but Hulk is well Hulk, few characters can beat him physically (not counting anything above High Herald). But near water against WW would be a great fight. The few panels in JL 15 are an indication of this.

-Pr-
It's early of course, but the feat is legit. I'm sure we'll see more of it.

it's a good feat, but it's not nearly enough to suggest he's as fast as diana, tbh.

he needs tons more feats.

his fighting skills are.

as much as i wish that were true, he hasn't shown us proof of that.

comicfan11
it's a good feat, but it's not nearly enough to suggest he's as fast as diana, tbh.

he needs tons more feats.

as much as i wish that were true, he hasn't shown us proof of that.

Yeah of course it's not enough to put him on Diana's level, but he is at least fast enough to tag her. Given her usual speed, that's impressive, more impressive than most ground "bricks". That's all I'm saying.

And I agree AQ is certainly very skilled, but not on WW's usual level.

mighty adam
I'll say that these fights would be a lot more tough than most people would like to admit (due to ignorance for AQ's abilities), but I don't think he could take out Hulk (due to his regen). He most certainly could hurt him with the trident, but Hulk is well Hulk, few characters can beat him physically (not counting anything above High Herald). But near water against WW would be a great fight. The few panels in JL 15 are an indication of this. yea it would be a kool fight him and ww. I have to ask tho you don't think aquaman can beat hulk in water I mean namor has. I've always seen them as tied in strength with a edge to AM cuz of other powers. Plus hulk is slow I think AM speed will help him vs hulk but you have a point hulk reg plus durability if he grabs AM its gonna get ugly.

comicfan11
yea it would be a kool fight him and ww. I have to ask tho you don't think aquaman can beat hulk in water I mean namor has. I've always seen them as tied in strength with a edge to AM cuz of other powers. Plus hulk is slow I think AM speed will help him vs hulk but you have a point hulk reg plus durability if he grabs AM its gonna get ugly.

Current Hulk is far more impressive in the last decade. He can breath underwater now. AQ could do a lot of damage with the trident and his speed, but I really don't know if it's enough to physically KO Hulk. I also don't believe currently Namor would beat the Hulk.

-Pr-
Namor generally has better feats of strength than Aquaman. Of course, the gap is getting a lot smaller nowadays.

comicfan11
Namor generally has better feats of strength than Aquaman. Of course, the gap is getting a lot smaller nowadays.

I agree, but the point is that Hulk's regen and durability are far more impressive these days. Namor didn't get weaker (I think). It's just that Hulk has become kinda "broken" when it comes to physical confrontations.

mighty adam
I agree, but the point is that Hulk's regen and durability are far more impressive these days. Namor didn't get weaker (I think). It's just that Hulk has become kinda "broken" when it comes to physical confrontations. well it makes sense. The hulk should be a persona of physical power I do believe he should be faster no light speed or anything but like 700mph. Still water is aquamans kingdom and they should make him near unbeatable in it. I never understood why they never gave him control over water.

-Pr-
I was speaking more about the gap between Aquaman and Namor than Hulk.

well it makes sense. The hulk should be a persona of physical power I do believe he should be faster no light speed or anything but like 700mph. Still water is aquamans kingdom and they should make him near unbeatable in it. I never understood why they never gave him control over water.

Probably because of Mera. He had it with the water hand, which was cool I guess.

mighty adam
I was speaking more about the gap between Aquaman and Namor than Hulk.

Probably because of Mera. He had it with the water hand, which was cool I guess. I think it should be cannon in current comics. He should be to form it control every aspect of it. Still its good they are trying to give the character more shine. By the way I know namor has more strength feats but I always seen them as tied.

ThereIsHope
I've heard good things of the recent incarnation of Aquaman.

-Pr-
I think it should be cannon in current comics. He should be to form it control every aspect of it. Still its good they are trying to give the character more shine. By the way I know namor has more strength feats but I always seen them as tied.

I honestly prefer him without it, but fair enough.

Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I've heard good things of the recent incarnation of Aquaman.

It's awesome. You should read it.

ThereIsHope
Magneto needs his own series also.

Raisen
Have these boards really gotten this bad? This is crazy. MAGNETO stomps. I don't care how "fast" aquaman is. how he getting past being land locked? how he getting past the shields? how he getting past the fact that Magneto thinks far faster than a human?

Odekahn
Current magneto obviously gets butt devastated.

Classic mags would decimate AQM.

yes, current mags is like a low-mid meta, so most characters would wreck him. a fully functional magneto would seal the fight as soon as he raises a force-field. AM's only hope would be to blitz him before that to remove the helmet and mindrape or pummel him down very fast. taking into account mag's reaction times, his physical stats when channeling his powers, his tp resistance feats even without the helmet and their respective levels of CIS. mags would crush him IMO.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Raisen
Have these boards really gotten this bad? This is crazy. MAGNETO stomps. I don't care how "fast" aquaman is. how he getting past being land locked? how he getting past the shields? how he getting past the fact that Magneto thinks far faster than a human?

Being "land locked" isn't going to make a difference unless the fight becomes incredibly prolonged.

Originally posted by 753
yes, current mags is like a low-mid meta, so most characters would wreck him. a fully functional magneto would seal the fight as soon as he raises a force-field. AM's only hope would be to blitz him before that to remove the helmet and mindrape or pummel him down very fast. taking into account mag's reaction times, his physical stats when channeling his powers, his tp resistance feats even without the helmet and their respective levels of CIS. mags would crush him IMO.

Not that I disagree, but CIS?

Being "land locked" isn't going to make a difference unless the fight becomes incredibly prolonged.

Not that I disagree, but CIS? how likely aquaman is to blitz vs how likely mags is to raise a shield preemptively

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
how likely aquaman is to blitz vs how likely mags is to raise a shield preemptively

Oh, that. Aquaman isn't really a blitzer, tbh.

This isn't a fight that he's very suited to win if Magneto is at standard levels.

deathlife
Classic Magneto would win but current Magneto has been nerves pretty bad (call it the Bendis effect).

I don't know enough about current Mags to make a judgement one way or the other.

Sixth_Winged
Current Magneto will get easily taken out by Arthur overwhelming his shields.

Classic Mags will have Arthur run for his life as his Trident comes to life and tries to impale him.

carver9
Lol...some of Magneto BEST fts happened during his current state. I don't see how Aquaman is pulling a single win. This fight doesn't favor him at all and imo, it isn't even close.

iceman24567
carver you realize Magneto has some crappy fear too right? He got ninjaed by Betsy

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
carver you realize Magneto has some crappy fear too right? He got ninjaed by Betsy

He was mind controlled but yeah, I know about that.

celeyhyga17
Bad matchup for Aqm...

Originally posted by carver9
Lol...some of Magneto BEST fts happened during his current state. I don't see how Aquaman is pulling a single win. This fight doesn't favor him at all and imo, it isn't even close. No they didnt carver. youre thinking about fraction's magneto in utopia who had one exhaustion moment and a string of great feats with protheus, the breakworld bullet, nimrods, etc.

the depowering we're refering to is the current phase of allnew and uncanny x-men: ever since AvX, magneto's, cyclop's, emma's, piotr's and magyk's powers have been malfunctioning due to their exposure to the PF.

on an unrelated note bendis handling of the both wings of x-men in all new and uncanny has been garbage, especially magneto's most recent collaboration with shield to bring down summers . why the **** couldnt kieron gillen get those ****ing titles instead?

carver9
@753...

In his AVX fight, the guy was pulling power from an entire solar system worth of planets. It's even debatable he was pulling it outside of his solar system since he felt the destruction of another planet that was done by the Phoenix force. That's a ft we have not seen of classic Mags.

Philosophía
@753...

In his AVX fight, the guy was pulling power from an entire solar system worth of planets. It's even debatable he was pulling it outside of his solar system since he felt the destruction of another planet that was done by the Phoenix force. That's a ft we have not seen of classic Mags. You have no idea what's being talked about here, as you don't read comics.

Stop, before being further embarrased.

@753...

In his AVX fight, the guy was pulling power from an entire solar system worth of planets. It's even debatable he was pulling it outside of his solar system since he felt the destruction of another planet that was done by the Phoenix force. That's a ft we have not seen of classic Mags. that was before carv. were talking about the current all new x-men and uncanny x-men runs. pick all new x-men 1-4 and uncanny 1 and youll get the picture

mighty adam
Its not a stomp for mags. Aquaman can win fight takes place 50 miles near water so AM can be dropping whales and bringing in every giant sea monster you can think of into this fight plus his strength and speed and what not would give mags trouble

how would he bring the whales 50 miles into land and just wtf would they do?

What are his best seamonsters? Can they fly? I can only half-remember one that stalled SM for a short while or something. didnt seem very impressive.

I know people mock him unfairly for his powers, but control over sealife really isnt a herald level schtick.

Mindset
Its not a stomp for mags. Aquaman can win fight takes place 50 miles near water so AM can be dropping whales and bringing in every giant sea monster you can think of into this fight plus his strength and speed and what not would give mags trouble lol

Branlor Swift
Its not a stomp for mags. Aquaman can win fight takes place 50 miles near water so AM can be dropping whales and bringing in every giant sea monster you can think of into this fight plus his strength and speed and what not would give mags trouble AM will be breaking Mag's shields with his mighty whale attacks.

Or Magneto rips out all the metal in the earth to stalemate like 3 whales

-Pr-
Lol...some of Magneto BEST fts happened during his current state. I don't see how Aquaman is pulling a single win. This fight doesn't favor him at all and imo, it isn't even close.

Read comics. Seriously, your comment is completely untrue.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
AM will be breaking Mag's shields with his mighty whale attacks.

Or Magneto rips out all the metal in the earth to stalemate like 3 whales I recall he need a device to amp his power to control the earths magnetic fields

Mindset
AM will be breaking Mag's shields with his mighty whale attacks.

Or Magneto rips out all the metal in the earth to stalemate like 3 whales Magneto can block the first whale with a planet sized bullet, his shield can tank another, but surely the 3rd whale will be too much for him to handle.

mighty adam
AM has sea monsters they can do major damage. All that plus AM beating on hid shields they will break threw. 50 ft tall octopuses will stop mags from flying away.

Mindset
AM has sea monsters they can do major damage. All that plus AM beating on hid shields they will break threw. 50 ft tall octopuses will stop mags from flying away. thumb up

What is Magneto gonna do when he goes up against octopuses, guys?

They have 8 legs!

mighty adam
Originally posted by Mindset
thumb up

What is Magneto gonna do when he goes up against octopuses, guys?

They have 8 legs! I'm dead ass 30 ft tall octopuses can do damage. And if all else fail AM cam use his trident for magical attacks.

Branlor Swift
What is AM going to need the trident for when he's got octopuses, whales, and sea cucumbers?

Mindset
I couldn't agree more.

One octopus and one whale are probably enough to win.

Branlor Swift
Plus we're forgetting the dreaded giant squid

mighty adam
Yall with DAT bs

Mindset
We're agreeing with you.

AM has sea monsters they can do major damage. All that plus AM beating on hid shields they will break threw. 50 ft tall octopuses will stop mags from flying away. but no, seriously. how does he win?

Branlor Swift
Can Piranhas live in the sea?

and if so, can AM call them to battle? I'd imagine that would devastate Mags

Especially those ancient piranhas from that highly informative movie

i think those flying piranhas would be the way to go. nothing short of an army of flying fish large enough to block out the sun could beat magnus

-Pr-
1. No sea-life is going to break through Magneto's shield, or stop him. Sea-life is full of metals for the most part too.

2. Stay on topic guys.

StiltmanFTW
Bendineto is already betraying Scott...?

yup. mags is now a collaborator. **** bendis. he even tried to offer chucks death as part of the reason mags was pissed, but mags had unflinchingly stuck behind scott after chuck bit the dust. obviously, new mutants popping up should be the most relevant development in mags' worldview, but nope, resentment over his powers malfunction is a bigger deal

mighty adam
1. No sea-life is going to break through Magneto's shield, or stop him. Sea-life is full of metals for the most part too.

2. Stay on topic guys. dropping 6 blue whales will break his shields. Then if that not enough AM pounding on them will do it in for sure. Really if mags shields drop even for a sec fight is over. Now on the other hand its not that easy to drop AM.

h1a8
I don't see how AM could win here.

mighty adam
Next people gonna be saying mags can give supes a reason to even look his way. AM can piss supes or high LV earth based characters off or even beat a few. Mag is a att to supes shazam black bolt sentry etc.

iceman24567
dropping 6 blue whales will break his shields. Then if that not enough AM pounding on them will do it in for sure. Really if mags shields drop even for a sec fight is over. Now on the other hand its not that easy to drop AM. Wrong

Estacado
Am calls Mega Shark or Sharktopus.....sneer

Oliver North
50 ft tall octopuses will stop mags from flying away.

unless AM plans on using the octopus to blanket or tether Magneto to the ground, no, it wont.

octopuses have no bones. This would be the equivalent of a 50 ft wet towel.

/nerd

dropping 6 blue whales will break his shields. Then if that not enough AM pounding on them will do it in for sure. Really if mags shields drop even for a sec fight is over. Now on the other hand its not that easy to drop AM. This is straight up one of the best posts I've ever read in this forum

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
yup. mags is now a collaborator. **** bendis. he even tried to offer chucks death as part of the reason mags was pissed, but mags had unflinchingly stuck behind scott after chuck bit the dust. obviously, new mutants popping up should be the most relevant development in mags' worldview, but nope, resentment over his powers malfunction is a bigger deal

Are you really surprised? This is bendis.

mighty adam
Originally posted by 753
This is straight up one of the best posts I've ever read in this forum a blue whale weight 100 tons so so that's 600 tons plus AM 500 plus ton strength mags shields will give

mighty adam
The hype yall give mags is godlike. This I's like back in 06 when I first joined people said batman can one shot LT with perp

-Pr-
a blue whale weight 100 tons so so that's 600 tons plus AM 500 plus ton strength mags shields will give

It would take more than that, tbh.

The hype yall give mags is godlike. This I's like back in 06 when I first joined people said batman can one shot LT with perp

It's not hype when he has the feats to show it.

mighty adam
It would take more than that, tbh.

It's not hype when he has the feats to show it. no no nope batman can have 60 years perp LT is getting all in his ass period.

mighty adam
Mags shields have gotten caved in by less. If he amp his powers with earth field he mite hang in there but other wise no.

-Pr-
no no nope batman can have 60 years perp LT is getting all in his ass period.

i was talking about magneto, not batman.

Mags shields have gotten caved in by less. If he amp his powers with earth field he mite hang in there but other wise no. or really? please post the scans of his shields being breached by less

mighty adam
Originally posted by 753
or really? please post the scans of his shields being breached by less I'm typing from my phone but look on the net or read a few comics.hulk has broke em

StiltmanFTW
Even if that's true (which I really doubt), it's not exactly "less"...

Originally posted by 753

He should take a vacation from writing or something...

I'm typing from my phone but look on the net or read a few comics.hulk has broke em
nice dodge, I see you have nothing to offer as proof

even accepting your unbacked claim that hulk broke through the shields, hulk is far far above AM and any number of whales you care to mention.

Ill just leave these here:

Thor and she-hulk
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/magfiresstonesshield7jj.jpg/

captain universe spider-man
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1623/magshieldeasilydeflectscapt0fq.jpg

nukes
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/3455/magtakesamegatonbomb9cn.jpg

phoenix
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/371/magtakesphoenixblast7nn.jpg/

physical stat amping:

http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/3473/maggoesh2hwithcolossus9xs.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/492/magcolagain3pg.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5774/sgrip3pj.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2320/magsgetsphysical7sp.jpg

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Even if that's true (which I really doubt), it's not exactly "less"...

He should take a vacation from writing or something... he should take a vacation from life

mighty adam
Originally posted by 753
or really? please post the scans of his shields being breached by less the best you showed was PF AM strength is greater then she hulk and a on the LV or a nuke

StiltmanFTW
I love how you ignored Thor in that scan.

Just stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself. Pre-depowerment Mags wrecks Arthur, period.

-Pr-
Aquaman doesn't have the feats to a suggest he could breach Magneto's shield.

I wish he did, obviously...

Mindset
Aquaman doesn't have the feats to a suggest he could breach Magneto's shield.

I wish he did, obviously... You obviously haven't factored in sea animals.

the best you showed was PF AM strength is greater then she hulk and a on the LV or a nuke thor was there as well, you should stop posting. AM's punches are on the level of a nuke? ima need some evidence. even if they are, mags withstood the nukes

iceman24567
You obviously haven't factored in sea animals.
laughing

-Pr-
You obviously haven't factored in sea animals.

well, we don't all have to live in constant worry of crabs, you know.

Mindset
well, we don't all have to live in constant worry of crabs, you know. Crabs?

Lol, this amateur.

StiltmanFTW
I could see Aquaman throwing a starfish capable of shattering Mags' forcefield. That's a really devastating attack, Darkseid was lucky Arthur was out of starfish.

Mshinu
All I know is Arthur will have to throw that trident away after what Mags does to him.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I could see Aquaman throwing a starfish capable of shattering Mags' forcefield. That's a really devastating attack, Darkseid was lucky Arthur was out of starfish.

laughing out loud

mighty adam
I see aquaman is still treated as booty. He's a king dammit bow down

Blair Wind

Aquaman is cool. He's strong, tough, and King of the Seas. As a character, both in powers and narratively, he has been receiving a lot of developments.

Doesn't mean that he is powerful enough to win against a Magneto who isn't weakened or powered down.

So, kindly, shut up.

leonidas
i haven't followed this, but if it's regular mags v arthur, this should have been closed a long while ago. am has no chance against a full powered magneto imo.

-Pr-

Aquaman isn't treated like that at all by most people. The guys in this thread don't count. Ever.

You just picked someone tailor-made to beat Aquaman in a fight, is all.

Mindset
The guys in this thread don't count. Ever.
This racist...

-Pr-
Oh, it has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.

Just you, as a human being, really.

Mindset
I'm letting Bruce and carver know about this right now, expect pms from them soon.

-Pr-
I'm letting Bruce and carver know about this right now, expect pms from them soon.

laughing out loud

mighty adam
You have a good point PR. Still I think AM can pull off a win yes mags have shown tp resistance ok. I know that if AM drop the shields if over. And I hope they keep developing AM he got some underrated comics his stories be alot more serious.

mighty adam
A few years back they had AM getting slapped up by everybody you put him against on these forums. Dc keeps giving him more and better feats and bring back the water hand

even without shields mags has endured blows from namor and colossus. his reaction times (1/15 of a human) have proven fast enough to intercept northstar and SS midblitz. his amped strengh has broken him free from a hercules bear hug and his traded boows with colossus while weakened as an equal.

he can fly, has very powerful ranged and AoE energy attacks, hemoglobin manipulation, nervous system manipulation, can rip tectonic plates apart so on and so forth.

just getting behind his shields doesnt secure an instawin

CosmicComet
Originally posted by 753
even without shields mags has endured blows from namor and colossus. his reaction times (1/15 of a human) have proven fast enough to intercept northstar and SS midblitz. his amped strengh has broken him free from a hercules bear hug and his traded boows with colossus while weakened as an equal.

he can fly, has very powerful ranged and AoE energy attacks, hemoglobin manipulation, nervous system manipulation, can rip tectonic plates apart so on and so forth.

just getting behind his shields doesnt secure an instawin

There's no phucking way your reactions can only be stated to be 15 times greater than a human's yet fast enough to tag the likes of a Northstar or Quicksilver.

It's PIS. Just like any other time a person with high street level speed--which Mags is no greater than--tags a speedster that is hundreds/thousands/millions of times etc faster in muscle movement and thought than them.

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet
There's no phucking way your reactions can only be stated to be 15 times greater than a human's yet fast enough to tag the likes of a Northstar or Quicksilver.

It's PIS. Just like any other time a person with high street level speed--which Mags is no greater than--tags a speedster that is hundreds/thousands/millions of times etc faster in muscle movement and thought than them. Then his reaction time is faster than 1/15 of a humans. thumb up

carver9
Let's not forget the showing where it was stated Magneto was flying through space at 99% the speed of light.

juggerman
Magneto wins.

abhilegend
Let's not forget the showing where it was stated Magneto was flying through space at 99% the speed of light.
That never happened.

Mindset
carver said it happened, so it happened.

CosmicComet
Then his reaction time is faster than 1/15 of a humans. thumb up

Impossible.

You can't react much faster than your body can move. The duration of an eye blink is not much faster than the duration of a punch from start to return.

How fast can Magneto run? Certainly nowhere near as fast as Northstar or his son. His arms thus, cannot, move much faster than his legs.

Simply thinking/seeing fast enough is like putting a global slow motion mode on for a video game. Yeah, you can see shit coming easier, but you can't move any faster since your speed is still in proportion to everything else, since you're also in slow motion.

Mindset
Impossible.

You can't react much faster than your body can move. The duration of an eye blink is not much faster than the duration of a punch from start to return.

How fast can Magneto run? Certainly nowhere near as fast as Northstar or his son. His arms thus, cannot, move much faster than his legs.

Simply thinking/seeing fast enough is like putting a global slow motion mode on for a video game. Yeah, you can see shit coming easier, but you can't move any faster since your speed is still in proportion to everything else, since you're also in slow motion.
Someone let boxers know their arms can't move faster than they can run.

CosmicComet
Someone let boxers know their arms can't move faster than they can run.

*facepalm*. Try not to dumb everything down to the most base form of unqualified factors like everyone else does here, things are not a simple matter of A against B, and such C.

Also, learn to read; "His arms thus, cannot, move *much* faster than his legs."

If it takes them a 1/5 of a second to throw a punch, they can take a step forward in a comparable amount of time. Reading is fundamental.

Magneto can't even come close to outrunning a bullet with his leg speed. His arms thus cannot be fast enough to move as fast as a bullet does. If his brain was simply fast enough to see the bullet, yet he moved no faster than a fit human, then his own body would be so slow to him that he would feel slower than someone stuck in quicksand.

TLDR; No, your arms are not thousands of times faster than your legs. They move at a proportionate speed.

Branlor Swift
Yeah, Mags is at least 15 times better than a human in reactions

CosmicComet
How fast can Mags run?

We can then generously multiply that by 2 for his arm speed.

Branlor Swift
How fast can Mags run?

We can then generously multiply that by 2 for his arm speed. Half of lightspeed since he can tag Northstar pretty easily. thumb up

CosmicComet
Cool beans, at least you know the score. thumb up

Branlor Swift
Cool beans, at least you know the score. thumb up

Do you really think that's applicable to comics though, honest q
Especially when Magneto is all mutated and shit. Probably got green pubes

CosmicComet
Do you really think that's applicable to comics though, honest q
Especially when Magneto is all mutated and shit. Probably got green pubes

Is PIS of the highest order, nothing more. The same as things like Deathstroke being able to tag a Flash--which would require him to move his arms at a good enough speed in comparison to Flash's reflexes that he can land a hit in the first place...lets say Wally was going lightspeed in that instance and his reflexes matched his speed, that would require Deathstroke's upperbody to move at least a comparable speed, elsewise he would be easily dodged as he could range anywhere from a slug to a statue in relative speed to Wally.

Muscle movement, is of course muscle, movement, and thus we'd have to accept that Deathstroke can run comparably fast in comparison to his upper-body speed.

Think about how stupid the idea is if he couldn't move all around comparably; If some time-dilation shit was going on that made lightspeed movement seem like normal human speed movement, Slade's upperbody would seem like its moving at normal human speeds, but when he suddenly tries to run, he'd be taking what, years to take a single step? lol.

It's stupid as hell. If you aren't comparably fast to a speedster in both brain speed and physical movement speed, you can't tag a speedster, unless you have some more exotic shit going for you.

I could understand if narration explained that to be specifically possible for a specific character, but Mags doesn't have that explanation going for him, he's basically in the same boat as someone like Slade who has done similar shit.

No bias here either, I'm not going to claim Thanos can react at faster than light speeds or Kratos can do something like react to lightning speeds, both of them are among my favorite characters and both of them have had those arguments for them in the past from specific scenes, and it just doesn't add up now that I think about it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>