The Mad Celestials vs Tiamut/Exitar/Arishem/Ziran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
big grin stick out tongue

zopzop
Team Two.

ThereIsHope
Yeah definatly team two

yaadaveyaa
team two huge landslide

guy222
Team two

Mindset
Team 1.

Galan007
The Mad Celestials merge and one-shot Team 2. thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
The Mad Celestials merge and one-shot Team 2. thumb up Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Utrigita
Team 2 for the win.

guy222
Good to see ya

Slaanesh
The Mad Celestials merge and one-shot Team 2. thumb up

Exitar can match their merge form..without merging..team 2 stomp..with merging..team 2 still win..

TheGodKiller
How many Mad Celestials are there in this thread? Is it just the 4 that fought Galactus/Franklin, or the whole race that attacked the Council?

basilisk
Team two utterly destroy team one.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
How many Mad Celestials are there in this thread? Is it just the 4 that fought Galactus/Franklin, or the whole race that attacked the Council?

Galan007
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Exitar can match their merge form Based on what, exactly? Give me a feat Exitar has under his belt that is superior to one-shotting(possibly killing) Galactus amped by four worlds. Give me a feat Exitar has under his belt that is superior to tanking a blast from the UN.

Slaanesh
Based on what, exactly? Give me a feat Exitar has under his belt that is superior to one-shotting(possibly killing) Galactus amped by four worlds. Give me a feat Exitar has under his belt that is superior to tanking a blast from the UN.

being more powerful than the entire 4th host combine..

the UN is capable of universal destruction..that feat just seems stupid..those Celestial can't even beat Galactus..

guy222
Woo hoo just four MC

Oliver North
that feat just seems stupid

wait, what?

we are allowed to make that call now?

guy222
Who wins

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Oliver North
wait, what?

we are allowed to make that call now?

i'm just saying it's stupid..it's still canon..that UN probably didn't work on that Celestial(i think his name was Eson) because that Reed mind wasn't strong enough..who knows..i'm just guessing here..

Galan007
being more powerful than the entire 4th host combine.. ...And what has any member of the 4th Host done on panel that is superior to one-shotting(possibly killing) Galactus amped by 4 worlds, with a casual hand-blast? I'm asking a legit question here; there may very well be a feat I am unaware of.

the UN is capable of universal destruction..that feat just seems stupid. This might be your opinion, but it is still fact that the energies from the UN physically struck Eson:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15161674/1.jpg.html

And afterward Eson was none the worse for wear:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15161675/2.jpg.html

---

Heck, even a random/no-name Mad Celestial tanked a blast from the UN at the beginning of the arc:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15161676/3.jpg.html

TheGodKiller

guy222
Only a few smile

TheGodKiller
^How many?

guy222
I said four earlier. Still have Tiamut"s team winning

Branlor Swift
...And what has any member of the 4th Host done on panel that is superior to one-shotting(possibly killing) Galactus amped by 4 worlds, with a casual hand-blast? I'm asking a legit question here; there may very well be a feat I am unaware of. Yeah, it took a millenia (iirc) for Exitar to gather enough energy to kill the big Watcher.

Slaanesh
...And what has any member of the 4th Host done on panel that is superior to one-shotting(possibly killing) Galactus amped by 4 worlds, with a casual hand-blast? I'm asking a legit question here; there may very well be a feat I am unaware of.

This might be your opinion, but it is still fact that the energies from the UN physically struck Eson:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15161674/1.jpg.html

And afterward Eson was none the worse for wear:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15161675/2.jpg.html

---

Heck, even a random/no-name Mad Celestial tanked a blast from the UN at the beginning of the arc:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15161676/3.jpg.html

none of the mad Celestials can oneshot Galactus..they got beat up by him..only the Voltron Celestial oneshotted Galactus..so i don't think i need to give an example of the 4th host oneshotting Galactus cuz that's impossible..the writer says those mad Celestials are at least equal to their 616 counterpart..so Exitar being more powerful than the entire 4th host combine kinda make me think he's about equal to the voltron Celestial..

well..if u look at those reed that fire the UN..they kinda have trouble with it..it makes me think that they are not that competent in wielding the UN..it's either that or that feet is kinda stupid cuz they can't even beat Galactus..

Galan007
the writer says those mad Celestials are at least equal to their 616 counterpart..so Exitar being more powerful than the entire 4th host combine kinda make me think he's about equal to the voltron Celestial.. I think it might be possible that Exitar is equal to the mecha Celestial, but it's extremely hard for me to put him on that level when he's got no feats that are remotely comparable to what the mecha Celestial did.... One-shotting a massively amped Galactus with a casual hand-blast is an unbelievably impressive feat. I really can't stress that enough.

well..if u look at those reed that fire the UN..they kinda have trouble with it..it makes me think that they are not that competent in wielding the UN..it's either that or that feet is kinda stupid cuz they can't even beat Galactus.. Reed was focusing that hard on using the UN because he didn't want to be nullified as well(which was a foolhardy endeavor in the end.) However, that doesn't change the fact that he still blasted Eson with the UN and Eson tanked those nullification energies.

...As did the no-name Mad Celestial earlier in the arc.

Slaanesh
I think it might be possible that Exitar is equal to the mecha Celestial, but it's extremely hard for me to put him on that level when he's got no feats that are remotely comparable to what the mecha Celestial did.... One-shotting a massively amped Galactus with a casual hand-blast is an unbelievably impressive feat. I really can't stress that enough.

Reed was focusing that hard on using the UN because he didn't want to be nullified as well(which was a foolhardy endeavor in the end.) However, that doesn't change the fact that he still blasted Eson with the UN and Eson tanked those nullification energies.

...As did the no-name Mad Celestial earlier in the arc.

i know..that feat is insane..but from my point of view..being more powerful than the entire 4th host combine is insane too..that's why i put them at about equal..unless u believe Galactus can take on the entire 4th host of coz..then i'll understand why u think Exitar can't match the voltron Celestial..

that's why i said it's a stupid feat..if Eson can really tank a true UN blast which is capable of destroying and recreating universe..why the hell can't 4 of them beat Galactus??so i have to assume those UN blast isn't at true power..one of those Reed died after using the UN rite??

Galan007
i know..that feat is insane..but from my point of view..being more powerful than the entire 4th host combine is insane too..that's why i put them at about equal..unless u believe Galactus can take on the entire 4th host of coz..then i'll understand why u think Exitar can't match the voltron Celestial.. What is the 4th Host's best feat? Cumulatively(key word) defeating Odin /w/ Destroyer? Given that NINE Celestials comprise the 4th Host, and ALL of them had to attack Odin in unison to win, Exitar being more powerful than them doesn't overtly impress me... Also recall that Exitar had to gather energy for "several thousand years" just to become powerful enough to beat The One(an oversized Watcher.) :/

Do I think Exitar might be able to defeat an amped Galactus? Possibly. Do I think he could do so as effortlessly as Voltron did? No. Exitar has done absolutely nothing on panel indicative of such. Speechification only goes so far.

that's why i said it's a stupid feat..if Eson can really tank a true UN blast which is capable of destroying and recreating universe..why the hell can't 4 of them beat Galactus?? Because Galactus was amped. Massively.

so i have to assume those UN blast isn't at true power..one of those Reed died after using the UN rite?? Your assumption is incorrect. Reed being destroyed when he activated the UN is just a side effect of the UN itself(this has been stated in almost every medium the UN has appeared in.) Either way, the user dying doesn't make the nullification energies in the initial blast any less... Nullify-ie. The UN only fires one type of energy.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by guy222
I said four earlier. Still have Tiamut"s team winning
You said a few, not four.

h1a8
Good points Galan.
These type of debates aren't usually my cup of tea (I argue heralds the most).
But I know a good argument when I hear one.

guy222
Agreed

TheLordofMurder
Mad Celestials form Voltron and defeat the 616 Celestials...

With the 616 Celestials, we have statements which indicate that they may be superior; with the Mad Celestials we have better `feats which point to superiority...

Mad Celestials for the win...

guy222
Okay. I will respectfully disagree

Slaanesh
What is the 4th Host's best feat? Cumulatively(key word) defeating Odin /w/ Destroyer? Given that NINE Celestials comprise the 4th Host, and ALL of them had to attack Odin in unison to win, Exitar being more powerful than them doesn't overtly impress me... Also recall that Exitar had to gather energy for "several thousand years" just to become powerful enough to beat The One(an oversized Watcher.) :/

Do I think Exitar might be able to defeat an amped Galactus? Possibly. Do I think he could do so as effortlessly as Voltron did? No. Exitar has done absolutely nothing on panel indicative of such. Speechification only goes so far.

Because Galactus was amped. Massively.

Your assumption is incorrect. Reed being destroyed when he activated the UN is just a side effect of the UN itself(this has been stated in almost every medium the UN has appeared in.) Either way, the user dying doesn't make the nullification energies in the initial blast any less... Nullify-ie. The UN only fires one type of energy.

if u want feat..i can't give it too u..the 4th host doesn't really have many feat..but the writer says those mad celestial is equal to their 616 counterpart..u do see why i think being more powerful than 9 celestials is impressive rite..9 celestials that is equal to those mad celestials..u probably don't care much about what the writer says..but i do..

u think he was amp to the point he can take on 4 being who tank a device that can destroy and recreate reality??he ate 4 planet..not a galaxy..Galactus is powerful..but not that powerful..

if i'm not mistaken..the user only died if their mind wasn't strong enough..them not being strong enough effect the power of the nullifier rite..like i said..it's either they are not competent enough to use the UN or that feat is stupid..

guy222
Who would u say is the most powerful of T2

Slaanesh
Exitar

eaebiakuya
Galan do you believe Eson and the no named Celestial could tank the same attack that was used in Abraxas arc ?

Mr Master
I agree with both Galan and Slaneesh.

Galan is right and I've also argued this before,
it makes no difference what size the nullification sphere is,
the same energies that erase Space-Time shoot out of the UN
to erase an atom or the Multiverse.

ie. If a being/entity gets hit by the UN and survives,
then said being/entity is withstanding the same amount of force
that erased Abraxas/Eternity/Infinity.

That said, Slaneesh .. I agree. That shit makes No sense!

That is to say, Celestials (specially Eson) should not be tanking UN hits.

@Galan ... Thanos survived using the UN in Reality 9777, so has Galactus in 616.

That detail depends on the will. (survival after using it)

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mr Master
I agree with both Galan and Slaneesh.

Galan is right and I've also argued this before,
it makes no difference what size the nullification sphere is,
the same energies that erase Space-Time shoot out of the UN
to erase an atom or the Multiverse.

ie. If a being/entity gets hit by the UN and survives,
then said being/entity is withstanding the same amount of force
that erased Abraxas/Eternity/Infinity.

That said, Slaneesh .. I agree. That shit makes No sense!

That is to say, Celestials (specially Eson) should not be tanking UN hits.

@Galan ... Thanos survived using the UN in Reality 9777, so has Galactus in 616.

That detail depends on the will. (survival after using it)
Well the way it was portrayed in that arc, it appears that for the blast to be fully effective, the wielder has to have the utmost focus while firing the Nullifier. The slightest deviation in concentration causes it to backfire back on the wielder.

Anyways, a Celestial was hit with another alternate UN in Fantastic Four#572 during the first confrontation of the Council and the Celestials. The blast managed to at least appear to damage that Celestial on-panel(we never saw whether that Celestial survived or not because it never reappeared on-panel), before the UN backfired on the Reed:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/69/celestialsvsreeds.jpg

On a sidenote, Hickman greatly exploited plot-based constraints like IGs only functioning in their native universes and UNs backfiring on their wielders in order to give the Celestials a decent chance against the Council.

kgkg

TheGodKiller
^Yup.

guy222
I hate Reed

Mindset
I hate Reed laughing out loud

zopzop

Galan007
u think he was amp to the point he can take on 4 being who tank a device that can destroy and recreate reality??he ate 4 planet..not a galaxy..Galactus is powerful..but not that powerful..My friend, Franklin Richards(a confirmed universal reality warper) was unable to defeat 3 Mad Celestials solo, and had to literally sacrifice himself via a last-ditch kamikaze attack just to defeat Eson. That should help you gauge just how powerful Galactus must have been to take on the Celestials.

Point: even without merging, the MCs were hella powerful.

if i'm not mistaken..the user only died if their mind wasn't strong enough..them not being strong enough effect the power of the nullifier rite..like i said..it's either they are not competent enough to use the UN or that feat is stupid.. Again: the user being nullified by the UN backlash doesn't make the nullification energies in the initial blast any less... Nullify-ie. The UN only fires one type of energy, and nullification is nullification.

Originally posted by Mr Master

That detail depends on the will. (survival after using it) I understand. I'm just saying that whether the user dies or not, the UN is still releasing a burst of nullification... And that burst is what Eson tanked.

Mr.SunKing
My friend, Franklin Richards(a confirmed universal reality warper) was unable to defeat 3 Mad Celestials solo, and had to literally sacrifice himself via a last-ditch kamikaze attack just to defeat Eson. That should help you gauge just how powerful Galactus must have been to take on the Celestials.

eh, really wouldn't consider it a kamikaze attack/ sacrifice, he wasn't killed in the process, (which has been confirmed)

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
eh, really wouldn't consider it a kamikaze attack/ sacrifice, he wasn't killed in the process, (which has been confirmed) Sorry, when I said kamikaze attack, I simply meant that when Frank launched his final attack against Eson, he appeared to have released the sum total of his energies.

TheGodKiller
^That probably was Eson's juices splattering all around upon being blown up.

Strange though, that even after Doon owned y'all, that you guys still seem to cling(reflexively) to the notion of Frank having sacrificed himself during that battle. laughing

Galan007
If you read that battle without reading the formspring comment Hickman posted after the comic was released, it certainly appeared that Frank sacrificed himself, and G resurrected him(much like Frank resurrected G in that very same issue.)

We know now, though, that Hickman intended differently. I clarified above what I meant by 'sacrifice/kamikaze'. Save the arrogance for people who care. thumb up/laughing

TheGodKiller
^I did read that battle, and it didn't appear as clear cut to me as it was showcased in that thread. In fact, before joining this site, I was one of the first posters to upload the whole battle on comicvine, and I'd also discussed the issue with the more reasonable(something which is rare over there) posters on that site. Tbh, there were a lot of interpretations floating around that arc, not just limited to Frank's death and resurrection. Some people thought that the blue ball which Frank fed the Big-G was the baby universe that kid Frank had been nurturing in prior issues, although we now know this wasn't the case.

I see that I started a trend with following Hickman's formspring replies. I am the catalyst of a revolution on the KMC comic battleboards now.

Galan007
^I did read that battle, and it didn't appear as clear cut to me as it was showcased in that thread. In fact, before joining this site, I was one of the first posters to upload the whole battle on comicvine, and I'd also discussed the issue with the more reasonable(something which is rare over there) posters on that site. Tbh, there were a lot of interpretations floating around that arc, not just limited to Frank's death and resurrection. Some people thought that the blue ball which Frank fed the Big-G was the baby universe that kid Frank had been nurturing in prior issues, although we now know this wasn't the case.

I see that I started a trend with following Hickman's formspring replies. I am the catalyst of a revolution on the KMC comic battleboards now. You lost me when you said comicvine posters can be reasonable.

Also formspring is a great tool... When Hickman actually answers questions lol.

TheGodKiller
You lost me when you said comicvine posters can be reasonable.

Also formspring is a great tool... When Hickman actually answers questions lol.
There are some good posters over there. Like one in a hundred or so, but good enough. Most of them left that site though or got unfairly banned(like yours truly), so CV has become a KMC-plagiarizing cesspool.

Its also great for posting lulzworthy stuff on the Ownage thread, written by people like Tom Brevoort.

Mr Master
Well the way it was portrayed in that arc, it appears that for the blast to be fully effective, the wielder has to have the utmost focus while firing the Nullifier. The slightest deviation in concentration causes it to backfire back on the wielder.

Anyways, a Celestial was hit with another alternate UN in Fantastic Four#572 during the first confrontation of the Council and the Celestials. The blast managed to at least appear to damage that Celestial on-panel(we never saw whether that Celestial survived or not because it never reappeared on-panel), before the UN backfired on the Reed:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/69/celestialsvsreeds.jpg

On a sidenote, Hickman greatly exploited plot-based constraints like IGs only functioning in their native universes and UNs backfiring on their wielders in order to give the Celestials a decent chance against the Council.
thumb up

guy222
Hickman prolly won't redeem himself. Stupid bastard laughing out loud

ThereIsHope
Its not as bad as the guy who put SS in an armbar. I heard that writer is doing the funnies in newspapers.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Its not as bad as the guy who put SS in an armbar. I heard that writer is doing the funnies in newspapers. yeah that's what he's doing...

Is it Hell's newspaper?

Galan007
I honestly don't understand what the Hickman hate is about.

Branlor Swift
I honestly don't understand what the Hickman hate is about. zopzop was a massive Celestial supporter, and a massive Galactus hater before they fought
You can imagine how that turned out

Guy didn't like the Celestials losing like they did

That's all

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
zopzop was a massive Celestial supporter, and a massive Galactus hater before they fought

That's all Bran, please tell me: when did losing to universal powers become a low/bad showing? Have things always been this way?

zopzop
Its not as bad as the guy who put SS in an armbar. I heard that writer is doing the funnies in newspapers.
It's worse actually.

A PIS Magnet temporarily holding the Surfer (who was holding back by the way) is INFINITELY less insulting to common sense than having the Jobber King take out alt reality Celestials (who according to the moron that wrote that issue, were the equal to their 616 counterparts).

The only thing that can redeem Hickman now is the Starbrand.

Branlor Swift
Bran, please tell me: when did losing to universal powers become a low/bad showing? Have things always been this way? Zop hates Galactus, again.
Naturally the Odin fight overrides this, and thus Hickman is the hack.

You should have seen Zop before, during and after. Hilarious.

Guy just really likes Celestials, even more than he likes Frank.

TheGodKiller
zopzop was a massive Celestial supporter, and a massive Galactus hater before they fought

That's all
You make it sound like he reformed.

Anyways, after Hickman's formspring replies were made public, zop gave credit where credit's due, even though it was more of an admittance of the Celestials' supposed semi-stellar performance, rather than a nod to G. He's still a Galactus-hater. Always will be.

Plus, he was also upset with Hickman surrounding that entropy gun incident in Fantastic Four#572.

Edit: laughing @zopzop'z above and below reply. I spoke too soon.

zopzop
Zop hates Galactus, again.
Naturally the Odin fight overrides this, and thus Hickman is the hack.

You should have seen Zop before, during and after. Hilarious.

Guy just really likes Celestials, even more than he likes Frank.
Shut up sad

Hickman IS a moron. Random gun in Reed's closet >>>>>>>>>>>> Ultimate Nullifer? Phuck that and him. mad

TheGodKiller
Dwayne McDuffie died quite some time ago...

zopzop
Dwayne McDuffie died quite some time ago...
And even he had more sense than Hickman! RIP Dwanye.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop
And even he had more sense than Hickman! RIP Dwanye. The guy made BP tank a cheapshot from Stardust, the Surfer incidents, Storm tear apart Stardust, he had Epoch at the mercy of Galactus, and then had Gravity fill Galactus completely up.

Oh wait, you like that kind of stuff... except Galactus having Epoch completely helpless

zopzop
The guy made BP tank a cheapshot from Stardust, the Surfer incidents, Storm tear apart Stardust, he had Epoch at the mercy of Galactus, and then had Gravity fill Galactus completely up.

Oh wait, you like that kind of stuff... except Galactus having Epoch completely helpless
He straight up stated that Stardust and Surfer were holding back to get info from Storm and Panther.

Epoch is a nothing, you know this right? She was Eon's daughter and a complete neophyte when it came to anything cosmic. Having Galactus own her makes perfect sense. Sh|t, she needed BINARY'S help to save the sun because she couldn't do it herself! laughing

The Gravity/Galactus thing could be a high showing for Gravity. Everyone has them.

Branlor Swift
He straight up stated that Stardust and Surfer were holding back to get info from Storm and Panther.

Epoch is a nothing, you know this right? She was Eon's daughter and a complete neophyte when it came to anything cosmic. Having Galactus own her makes perfect sense. Sh|t, she needed BINARY'S help to save the sun because she couldn't do it herself! laughing

The Gravity/Galactus thing could be a high showing for Gravity. Everyone has them. Scan

I realize. She's still above her heralds.

Not a low showing for Galactus, of course. The guy who was lower than Surfer/Stardust can simply hurt and fill up Galactus.

Plus with Hickman, he actually used elements from Millar's run (also an excellent run) to include in his FF. Duff Duff didn't give a shit about anything, it was just mindless fun. Hickman's FF was story heavy.
It's no comparison. Hating Galactus or not.

zopzop
Scan

I realize. She's still above her heralds.

Not a low showing for Galactus, of course. The guy who was lower than Surfer/Stardust can simply hurt and fill up Galactus.

Plus with Hickman, he actually used elements from Millar's run (also an excellent run) to include in his FF. Duff Duff didn't give a shit about anything, it was just mindless fun. Hickman's FF was story heavy.
It's no comparison. Hating Galactus or not.
Scan of what?

What did Epoch do that makes you think she was above her heralds?

Hickman was fail. The Galactus bullsh|t was just icing on the cake. According to him, any time something happens just call Reed. Maybe the LT should have summoned him instead of Scathan to deal with the Protege! laughing

TheGodKiller
The guy made BP tank a cheapshot from Stardust, the Surfer incidents, Storm tear apart Stardust, he had Epoch at the mercy of Galactus, and then had Gravity fill Galactus completely up.

You're forgetting the Watcher being the owner of the Ultimate Nullifier. shifty

TheGodKiller
Scan
Mcduffie explained it on his forums. I posted the link quite sometime ago.

Branlor Swift
That's just him doing clean up. He also tried to say that BP had leverage because that makes sense.

It still doesn't make his arc make sense

Scan of what?

What did Epoch do that makes you think she was above her heralds?

Hickman was fail. The Galactus bullsh|t was just icing on the cake. According to him, any time something happens just call Reed. Maybe the LT should have summoned him instead of Scathan to deal with the Protege! laughing Them holding back to extract information.
IIRC, Stardust was in "Kill you" mode when she cheapshotted BP and he was pretending to be KO'ed

Give them the power... mostly...

Yup, all boils down to Galactus
Just because Reed wanted to fix everything, doesn't mean he could. He's always been that way. Hickman just put a bunch of Reed's together, and then the Celestials wiped every single one of them out minus 616. Frunklun and Geractus were the real heroes of that arc.
Funny you should mention Reed, LT, and fixing things considering LPS though...

TheGodKiller
That's just him doing clean up. He also tried to say that BP had leverage because that makes sense.

It still doesn't make his arc make sense
Yeah I know. He got quite a lot of backlash for that armbar showing. When I posted that link back then, I wanted to give his own perspective over the story though.

Edit: I think the BP having leverage tidbit came out of Brevoort's mouth.

Branlor Swift
Yeah I know. He got quite a lot of backlash for that armbar showing. When I posted that link back then, I wanted to give his own perspective over the story though. He was just trying to do damage control

He wrote a crappy story, and the fans zopped him. Scramble to appease them

TheGodKiller
^Yeah, that pretty much sounded like it. Previous post is edited btw.

Branlor Swift
Edit: I think the BP having leverage tidbit came out of Brevoort's mouth. His forum was linked to this one shortly after that book came out, and I'm pretty sure he said the part about leverage there.

Brevoort could have also said it, but I'm pretty sure Mcduffers said it first

TheGodKiller
His forum was linked to this one shortly after that book came out, and I'm pretty sure he said the part about leverage there.

Brevoort could have also said it, but I'm pretty sure Mcduffers said it first
If by leverage, you mean physical leverage, then it was Brevoort for sure. Other than that, I don't know.

Branlor Swift
If by leverage, you mean physical leverage, then it was Brevoort for sure. Other than that, I don't know. Well, I'm not looking for it either way.

zopzop
He was just trying to do damage control

He wrote a crappy story, and the fans zopped him. Scramble to appease them
At least he had enough common sense to realize he phucked up.

Hickman, on the other hand.................. sick

Branlor Swift
At least he had enough common sense to realize he phucked up.

Hickman, on the other hand.................. sick Hickman can't apologize for some of his readers smelling of foot cheese zop.

erm

zopzop
Hickman can't apologize for some of his readers smelling of foot cheese zop.

erm
Meh, we'll see. Like I said, only the Starbrand can redeem him now. But I'm not holding out hope.

Branlor Swift
Meh, we'll see. Like I said, only the Starbrand can redeem him now. But I'm not holding out hope. You'll love it up until Starbrand gets punched out by Galactus...

Just like the Mad Celestials

zopzop
You'll love it up until Starbrand gets punched out by Galactus...
It's funny you should say that, see what's going on in the upcoming issue of the Avengers?

Shut up sad

Branlor Swift

It's funny you should say that, see what's going on in the upcoming issue of the Avengers?

Shut up sad eh?

zopzop
eh?
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6757/comicbookresources.th.jpg
The IG is gone and the Illuminati are apparently turning to Galactus for help, this ties in to what's going on in the Avengers issue concerning the Starbrand.

I swear to christ, if Hickman has Galactus beat the Starbrand, I'm declaring a comic jihad.

Branlor Swift
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6757/comicbookresources.th.jpg
The IG is gone and the Illuminati are apparently turning to Galactus for help, this ties in to what's going on in the Avengers issue concerning the Starbrand.

I swear to christ, if Hickman has Galactus beat the Starbrand, I'm declaring a comic jihad. Oh I knew about that. I thought something was released like dying Galactus and Starbrand

Although I'm curious if Galactus and Starbrand user guyman will even meet.

Also this:
http://i50.tinypic.com/k3ku3n.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/ohjyp2.jpg

If Galactus doesn't beat Starbrand, then it's giant pis. smile

guy222
agreed

Slaanesh
My friend, Franklin Richards(a confirmed universal reality warper) was unable to defeat 3 Mad Celestials solo, and had to literally sacrifice himself via a last-ditch kamikaze attack just to defeat Eson. That should help you gauge just how powerful Galactus must have been to take on the Celestials.

Point: even without merging, the MCs were hella powerful.

Again: the user being nullified by the UN backlash doesn't make the nullification energies in the initial blast any less... Nullify-ie. The UN only fires one type of energy, and nullification is nullification.

I understand. I'm just saying that whether the user dies or not, the UN is still releasing a burst of nullification... And that burst is what Eson tanked.

well..a cube being who can warp universe says a random 616 celestial is way more powerful than him..the Celestials are equal..even the writer says so..i'm not gonna agree with u that those mad celestials are more powerful than the 616 version..

that makes no sense whatsoever..reed pull out a gun and oneshot a mad celestial..u really believe that gun is more powerful than the UN??even johnny with the cosmic control rod manage to harm the Celestials if i remember correctly..

zopzop
Also this:
http://i50.tinypic.com/k3ku3n.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/ohjyp2.jpg

If Galactus doesn't beat Starbrand, then it's giant pis. smile
Meaningless. We don't know how much of the Starbrand that Reed was wielding. Even when the Starbrand passes on to a new host, the old host retains a tiny portion of it.

Quasar with ONE MILLIONTH of the Starbrand reconstituted himself after being NULLIFIED by the UN, killed by his Death Avatar, and blown to bits in the White Room. He then went on to pwn the Marvel Boy clone Thanos created with the IG and exorcise the Possessor from his body.

Branlor Swift
Meaningless. We don't know how much of the Starbrand that Reed was wielding. Even when the Starbrand passes on to a new host, the old host retains a tiny portion of it.

Quasar with ONE MILLIONTH of the Starbrand reconstituted himself after being NULLIFIED by the UN, killed by his Death Avatar, and blown to bits in the White Room. He then went on to pwn the Marvel Boy clone Thanos created with the IG and exorcise the Possessor from his body. And then eventually the power grows and gets back to the original power level... so yeah, full power.
Although I doubt it sticks if they died. And if it even works that way in Marvel anymore since Erek is weak as shit. Quasar doesn't have the full power or even 10 percent right now, Stranger doesn't have it, etc.

Plus, if it worked like you're implying, then Erek was only using like 30% of the Starbrand's power... erm

Good for him. Celestials killed the shit out of a full user.

zopzop
And then eventually the power grows and gets back to the original power level... so yeah, full power.
Although I doubt it sticks if they died. And if it even works that way in Marvel anymore since Erek is weak as shit. Quasar doesn't have the full power or even 10 percent right now, Stranger doesn't have it, etc.

Plus, if it worked like you're implying, then Erek was only using like 30% of the Starbrand's power... erm

Good for him. Celestials killed the shit out of a full user.
Which is IMPOSSIBLE since the Starbrand is back in the New Universe multiverse in Skeletron's possession. So Stranger, Quasar, or Erishkigal wouldn't have jack crap of it.

The only person in 616 reality that probably still has a tiny portion of it is Kayla. And she was always a reluctant user anyway. So yeah.....

Branlor Swift
Which is IMPOSSIBLE since the Starbrand is back in the New Universe multiverse in Skeletron's possession. So Stranger, Quasar, or Erishkigal wouldn't have jack crap of it.

The only person in 616 reality that probably still has a tiny portion of it is Kayla. And she was always a reluctant user anyway. So yeah..... So what you're saying is that the 10% thing doesn't exist anymore?

So yeah, Starbrand Reed 100% got killed to death, and now new Starbrand user is set to appear.

zopzop
So what you're saying is that the 10% thing doesn't exist anymore?

So yeah, Starbrand Reed 100% got killed to death, and now new Starbrand user is set to appear.
No I'm saying the last place we saw the Starbrand was in the New Universe with Skeletron.

Quasar, Stranger, Erishkigal's portions are burnt out. The only other person left would be Kayla with a small portion of it.

So we have NO clue how much of it that Reed had.

Last canon appearance was with Skeletron.

Branlor Swift
No I'm saying the last place we saw the Starbrand was in the New Universe with Skeletron.

Quasar, Stranger, Erishkigal's portions are burnt out. The only other person left would be Kayla with a small portion of it.

So we have NO clue how much of it that Reed had.

Last canon appearance was with Skeletron. And why would that take the portions with them?

Why would 10 percent of infinity burn out? Why would 10 percent of infinity that was said to regrow to the original 100 percent burn out?

100 percent. Just like all Starbrand users. Otherwise, Skeletron would again, have like 20% following your logic.

Last canon appearance was in FF 583. Before that was in Ellis New Universal which was part of the Marvel Multiverse.

zopzop
And why would that take the portions with them?

Why would 10 percent of infinity burn out? Why would 10 percent of infinity that was said to regrow to the original 100 percent burn out?

100 percent. Just like all Starbrand users. Otherwise, Skeletron would again, have like 20% following your logic.

Last canon appearance was in FF 583
Skeletron absorbed ALL the Starbrand (even the portion of it that caused the "White Event" on New Universe Earth). So that's that.

Quasar, Stranger, and Erishkigal's portion burnt out. The only one that would have any of it worth mentioning in 616 reality is Kayla. The rest of it is the New Universe with Skeletron.

This was explained in the Starblast event.

New Universal was a flashback no? Because the New Universe was still alive.

At the end of the Starblast event, it was an empty husk with nothing but Skeletron with the Starbrand in it.

Branlor Swift
Skeletron absorbed ALL the Starbrand (even the portion of it that caused the "White Event" on New Universe Earth). So that's that.

Quasar, Stranger, and Erishkigal's portion burnt out. The only one that would have any of it worth mentioning in 616 reality is Kayla. The rest of it is the New Universe with Skeletron.

This was explained in the Starblast event. He absorbed from the New Universe dimension, and Stranger iirc.

Stranger's was siphoned, which should have regrown back. Quasar and Erek doesn't make sense to burn out, as it should have regrown, and if it burned out, that means that's 20% Skeletron never got, as well as with Kayla. Plus, I don't think it was shown that he got the Star Child's part. It would have still been under 50%
Or that changed, but whatever.
Or all of that can be answered that it doesn't weaken as it's passed on.

You realize that Ellis "revamped" the series and brought back the Starbrand in another universe, don't you?

Branlor Swift
Also, like the best feat from the Starbrand completely on its own is from Starbrand Reed when it killed a Celestial...

zopzop
He absorbed from the New Universe dimension, and Stranger iirc.

Stranger's was siphoned, which should have regrown back. Quasar and Erek doesn't make sense to burn out, as it should have regrown, and if it burned out, that means that's 20% Skeletron never got, as well as with Kayla. Plus, I don't think it was shown that he got the Star Child's part. It would have still been under 50%
Or that changed, but whatever.
Or all of that can be answered that it doesn't weaken as it's passed on.

You realize that Ellis "revamped" the series and brought back the Starbrand in another universe, don't you?
Nope. I just now realized that "Newuniversal" is more recent than Untold Tales of the New Universe : Starbrand and not a continuation of the "Untold" issue(s).

I have almost every issue concerning the Starbrand except the Newuniversal line.
Rot in hell Marvel. I wish you crash and burn.

Mindset
Who do you think wins, moptop?

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
Who do you think wins, zopzop?
Team Two.

Mindset
Reported for editing my post.

Branlor Swift
Nope. I just now realized that "Newuniversal" is more recent than Untold Tales of the New Universe : Starbrand and not a continuation of the "Untold" issue(s).

I have almost every issue concerning the Starbrand except the Newuniversal line.
Rot in hell Marvel. I wish you crash and burn. Hickman is following the Newuniversal origins.

Your soul is entirely mine

guy222
Tiamut>Exitar>Arishem>Ziran>MC

Trufh

laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
Tiamut>Exitar>Arishem>Ziran>MC

Trufh

laughing out loud You really think Tiamut is above Exitar?

Maybe the ascended, but I have it Exitar>Tiamut>Arishem>Ziran = MC

But that's based on status in 616, since alt Eson seemed like Arishem level.

guy222
I do

Before the change, it was supposed to b Tiamut leading the Celestials into battle vs Galactus

Agreed on Eson

guy222
Bump stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.