Do you really want new Star Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
The original naive thinking was star wars ended after EP VI. Do you really want more Star Wars?

Jedi Sheriff
I only said yes because there was no Hell Yeah option.

Jedi Sheriff
Even if they're awful I'll enjoy being disappointed by them.

Imaginary
I'm going to love the anticipation, it'll be one hell of a rush.

But it really does depend on the story.

Lord Lucien
I'm indifferent.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Imaginary
I'm going to love the anticipation, it'll be one hell of a rush.

But it really does depend on the story.

Pretty much.

In the end, it's ****ing Star Wars. I can't not want it.

C-3POTheClever
I don't want there to be, because to me the Star Wars saga feels complete as 6 film's, & I especially don't lik the idea of sequels to Episode 6. Episode 6 is the perfect ending!

DARTH POWER
Well we don't "Need" it. But I'm sure many of us would "Want" it.

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I don't want there to be, because to me the Star Wars saga feels complete as 6 film's, & I especially don't lik the idea of sequels to Episode 6. Episode 6 is the perfect ending!

Was a perfect ending before the PT. Now there seems to be a few unanswered questions.

Either way though Luke and Leia maybe in the new ones, I doubt the story will focus on the Skywalkers anymore. I think their main story ended with ROTJ.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Either way though Luke and Leia maybe in the new ones, I doubt the story will focus on the Skywalkers anymore. I think their main story ended with ROTJ.

sure they really dont have much to do with anything after ep6 besides the rebirth of the jedi order. boooooooriiiiiiing. i want to see more congressional debates over the taxation of trade routes. EP7: rise of the new legislative process

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i want to see more congressional debates over the taxation of trade routes.

I actually enjoyed those parts embarrasment

dadudemon

As others have argued, the film was actually complete with 3 films: the OT.

We already knew how the PT ended.

C-3POTheClever
Well, I thought the Prequels explaned some rather important things, & I've herd that it was his intention to make a Episodes 1-3 in the first place, but there wasn't enough tecnolagy. But at the same time; it's true that there are some unaswerd questions & the Prequels certainly could have been better.

focus4chumps
morbid curiosity plus a fool's hope = yes for me.

Lord Lucien
Well, I thought the Prequels explaned some rather important things ?

I say no only because I don't want to see the OT characters dragged out from the depths of cinematic history with 30+ years of age to their faces simply for the sake of getting fanboys hard. I'm fine with this universe being explored more on film, but I think the characters from the OT need to be let go. They've already emasculated Indiana Jones, leave Han Solo and friends alone. Come up with new characters who we actually feel a new-found sense of curiosity for, and who we know will be in some kind of danger (we all know they won't actually endanger Luke or Leia etc. in any way).

OB1-adobe
I went through a wide range of emotions when I first heard the news. I was excited, yet concerned, then in denial, then pessimistic, now I am totally fine with it, but I don't think its going to hit me until I see the first trailer. I still can't get over the fact of "hey we're making a new trilogy, but we have no script what so ever."

Making more movies just to make them, bugs me

Whatever, this was going to happen at some point. I would rather see the series continue rather than be rebooted ( I am so sick of that shit). Comic book movies I understand, everything else, dumb.

It's going to be interesting to see.

JediRobin23
Well, I thought there would be more true OT fans saying no.

I'm guessing there just not around or gave up with star wars after the PT. I didn't mind the PT and I thought I was a die hard OT fan.

With new star wars there's a big chance (risk) that it would totally ruin it. Then again, I think of Indiana Jones, and its easy to forget about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Although, Indiana Jones is no where as good as star wars in my books.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Well, I thought there would be more true OT fans saying no. Ahem.

Temple of Doom gets too many free passes. It was sporadically bad thanks to Willy and Short Round. Crystal Skull was uniformly bad.

-Pr-
I'm an OT fan, ever since I had the original movies on VHS.

There's no reason that a new movie has to be as bad as the prequels managed to be at times.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Ahem.

Temple of Doom gets too many free passes. It was sporadically bad thanks to Willy and Short Round. Crystal Skull was uniformly bad.

The only problem I had with Temple doom was it was based in 1935, a prequel to Raiders which was 1936. Then in the beginning of Raiders, Indiana doesn't believe in supernatural stuff, after seeing all the craziness in Temple of doom? Terrible plot hole

queeq
Well, I would like to see Hamill as and old and wise Master Luke.

Q99
My pile of EU stuff indicates, yes, I have use of new Star Wars.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by queeq
Well, I would like to see Hamill as and old and wise Master Luke. I really want that to! I really hope that'w what they do.

focus4chumps
do they have any other options?

i hope luke speaks english.

Vensai
Eh... Right now yes... Might change later.

queeq
Uh-oh

JediRobin23
C-3P0TheClever and Lord Lucien are my heroes.

Thanks for saying no

queeq
And what about me then? confused

JediRobin23
Not sure, I only see 2 'no' on the poll

focus4chumps
hey here's an idea then: don't see it!!! eek!

ROTJ Vader
Cant wait to see more.

queeq
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Not sure, I only see 2 'no' on the poll

Ah, heroes say no?

JediRobin23
Originally posted by queeq
Ah, heroes say no?

Yes, they say no in this case.

I was excited about Episode 1-3. Now, its doesn't seem cool anymore. Maybe, it will be different (or worse) when a trailer comes out

focus4chumps
give it a chance. if you end up hating it, you can always voice your opinion here and make all the fangirls cry and accuse you of destroying this forum/star wars/their lives.

quanchi112
Yes.

FistOfThe North
I always wanted a Steven Spielberg directed Star Wars. Crossing my fingers

Imaginary
I just hope it's good and maintains the magic of the saga to date (I am not a prequel hater).

Lord Lucien
You should be.

focus4chumps
yes

give yourself to the darkside evil face

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Imaginary
I just hope it's good and maintains the magic of the saga to date (I am not a prequel hater).

Im not a prequal hater either. However, when I had a star wars question, I always thought of what George Lucas would say

queeq
We all did... laughing out loud

Doctorwho?
I'm gonna wait till the story and actors are revealed before I make judgement. Then wait till the trailer for further judgement.

Master Han

Is it really? The original trilogy does nothing to address the very obvious issue of what happens to the Galactic Empire after Palpatine's death, what the Rebel Alliance does from there, etc. Indeed, one of the issues with the originals is that the actual war and circumstances behind it are never gone into - it's just a tool to get the main characters to do stuff.

Doctorwho?
Originally posted by Master Han
Is it really? The original trilogy does nothing to address the very obvious issue of what happens to the Galactic Empire after Palpatine's death, what the Rebel Alliance does from there, etc. Indeed, one of the issues with the originals is that the actual war and circumstances behind it are never gone into - it's just a tool to get the main characters to do stuff.
That's one of the reasons why I kinda like Episode VII, just hopefully they do it right

Kickballjedi
Originally posted by Master Han

Excellent points Master Han. I'd like to add:

1) Where did the Sith come from? If they had been absent for thousands of years, how did Plaguis and Sidius suddenly appear?
2) What are Sith exactly and where do they get their powers? How do they do forced lightning but Jedi can't?
3) What are the Jedi Trials? And why is Vader so impressed when Luke appears with his own Lightsaber? Is there a challenge to make them?
4) With Luke being the last Jedi, what will happen to that ancient religion after episode 6? Will he start training others? Did other Jedi hide during the purge?
5) What happens to the Empire? We see they still have an armada of ships around the forest moon when the Death Star II is destroyed. Did they survive? Do they become the new rebellion against the New Republic?
6) If Luke or Leia have children will they be powerful with the force, and if so are they susceptible to the Dark Side influence as their grandfather was?
7) In the PT we see there were other non-Sith bad guys like Grievous and Dooku, were there any other power hungry leaders in the Empire to take control after Palpatine's death?

Any of these questions could be foundations of a new trilogy, or at least new stories. Many questions yet unanswered in the canon universe.

Doctorwho?
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
Excellent points Master Han. I'd like to add:

7) In the PT we see there were other non-Sith bad guys like Dooku,

...What? Just...what? Dooku was a Sith Lord...His Sith name was Darth Tyranous, but they never used it. But yeah....Dooku is a sith.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Doctorwho?
His Sith name was Darth Tyranous, but they never used it.

sidious actually did refer to him as 'lord tyranus' once in AOTC

though in your defense, i can understand how it's easy to forget since it was spoken toward the very end of an exhaustingly tedious and forgettable movie.

Doctorwho?
Yeah, though I think I see why he prefers dooku, would you be happy if your sith name had anus in it? :P. But yeah I forgot about that scene. Unfortunatly I couldn't forget about the scenes that came before it sick

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Doctorwho?
Yeah, though I think I see why he prefers dooku, would you be happy if your sith name had anus in it? :P. But yeah I forgot about that scene. And there was nothing tyrannical about him. We see him do exactly one bad thing in the movies: ... ummm... that time when he--no...

He led a secessionist movement, but didn't attack or invade anyone. Yoda and the clones did that.

He presided over the legal executions of three spies and infiltrators who arrived illegally and without permission. One of whom just whipped out his lightsaber and started killing people who were rightfully defending their catacombs.

He asked Mace and the Jedi to stand down, offering to spare their lives if they did so, even after they stormed and invaded his ally's home world.

He defended himself when said Jedi brazenly pursued and attacked him.

He didn't even bother to attack Yoda when he was distracted.

He fought a war that the Jedi started on a whim, without even congressional authorization. They just up and left.

Why is Dooku considered a bad guy again?

Doctorwho?
Does him having a red lightsaber count as a reason for him being a bad guy?

Lord Lucien
Absolutely! Red is the color of meanies and big smelly willies.

Doctorwho?
....I lost it after reading that

KyleAP
It will interesting to see the sequel. With regards to the Star Wars legacy, i doubt it will live up to the Originals, but when comparing to the prequels, JJ Adrams and Michael Arnts have very little to lose.
The prequels were so horribly written and directed! And now after 30 years, Star Wars movies have again a director and writer who know what works in their production roles, and will use their time to the best of their abilities.
I also hear they are looking for a good balance between real things (Locations and characters) and CGI in the sequel.
One of the things that sucked the humanity out of the prequels was George Lucas's obsession to shove as much CGI on the screen as possible, which didnt follow the laws of physics and brought very little tension to the scenes
The orginals felt real in many ways with characters we could relate to and locations and action scenes where we knew what was going on.

Doctorwho?
But what if it sucks?

Lord Lucien
Then we'll have even more bad Star Wars movies to b*tch about.

Doctorwho?
Sweet!

JediRobin23
Cant do that to star wars. Expect them to ruin it further than B7tch about it

queeq
What ARE we to b7tch about then? wink

sweersa
I told you it would happen! Hahaha

queeq
You're a true visionary.

JediRobin23
Looking at this poll, 10% dont want star wars, 34% want the sequel trilogy, and the 52% wont decide until they see it..,...52% is a big number...

Ace Hambone
I voted yes, and I'm looking forward to ep VII. If I change my mind between now and then, I just won't see it.

JediRobin23
Ok

queeq
Hehehe... quite the poll. wink

JediRobin23
Good poll...says something...no wonder all the data gathering companies make money...

Sith Master X
I wanted a new Star Wars only if George Lucas was directing.

I'm worried Abrams will try too hard to capture the magic of Phantom Menace and end up overdoing it.

queeq
The.... the.... the "magic" of TPM????

Sith Master X
Sorry, I meant Attack of the Clones.

Boy I was way off.

smile

JediRobin23
Lol. Tpm..

NTJack0
Let's have some confidence, I doubt Abrams can compete with making an atrocity that bad.

Sith Master X
I would really love a spinoff movie about this guy though.

http://i.imgur.com/H3Un291.jpg

Lord Lucien
His nose looks like a set of lungs.

JediRobin23
Or butt cheeks

queeq
Leaked footage looks good though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snph22qSUMU

JediRobin23
I liked that. Looked very realistic. Heard it was homemade, not sure from where

queeq
yeah was nicely done.

JediRobin23
Back to the original question. I think it come down to the willing audience. If your ok with more Star Wars. It may be interesting to develop stories indefinitely....but it takes away the current Star Wars ep 1-6 and turns it to, who knows what.... Funny,people are not willing to leave a classic alone. If people like EU then go new EU. Now, it's gonna be different....

Sith Master X
I hear we may be getting a trailer before the end of the year. John Williams is supposed to score the music for the trailer in a couple weeks.

JediRobin23
trailer

http://youtu.be/aoDoOiFJMGM

queeq
He... SW and Dune.

chilled monkey
No. I love the EU and it makes me very angry that we most likely won't get anymore novels featuring the characters I like.

JediRobin23
After seeing the trailer. I think I want new star wars!

queeq
Looks okay, very Abramsy, but I'd like to see it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.