Weakest character that can takke over the real world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Who can bring all significant political and economic institutions in the world, be them national/supranational entities or private ones, under direct or indirect control with the least amount of power?

Any method whatsoever is allowed and they can take their time to do it.

1. Let's say they have 10 years.

2. 1 year maximum

Branlor Swift
Sex Luthor

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Sex Luthor good one. added another scenario to the op.

pym-ftw
Red Skull

armedforbattle
Are they taking it by force? Or by talking and smarts?

any method is acceptable: overt conquest, assassination, mindcontrol, manipualtion etc.

any superpowers will function normally, but they'll have to make due with whatever technology they can scrape up from the real world. any theoretically plausible tech within the scope of the mad scientists' intellects/knowledge can be created if the raw materials exist.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by 753
any method is acceptable: overt conquest, assassination, mindcontrol, manipualtion etc.

any superpowers will function normally, but they'll have to make due with whatever technology they can scrape up from the real world. any theoretically plausible tech within the scope of the mad scientists' intellects/knowledge can be created if the raw materials exist.

IMO pretty much anybody who can survive a nuke can take over our earth, as that is out most powerful weapon.

Any telepath who can affect minds on a global scale could do pretty easily.

Technopathy would be a very easy route in today's society, if somebody could crash/takeover earth's technology they could easily send us back to the dark ages.

Intangibility would be a very easy method too, simply go wherever you want, access to anything you want, cannot be harmed by any means.

Weather Control would be insanely powerful on the real earth.

SquallX
Ra's al Ghul with connections.

Lex Luthor either manipulate/blackmail eveyone, or just straight up walk the UN and declares himself Emperor of the world. Anyone who disagrees gets there country nuked because he already hacked all the system in the World. Luthor being ego manic that he is would give the world back and try to find a way to go back to the comics because Superman's not there to challenge.

Batman-Prime
Dr. Doom

Originally posted by armedforbattle
IMO pretty much anybody who can survive a nuke can take over our earth, as that is out most powerful weapon.

Technopathy would be a very easy route in today's society, if somebody could crash/takeover earth's technology they could easily send us back to the dark ages.

Intangibility would be a very easy method too, simply go wherever you want, access to anything you want, cannot be harmed by any means.

Weather Control would be insanely powerful on the real earth. yes telepaths could certainly do it, but there must be weaker folks.

surviving a nuke isnt enough as folks like regular colossus can probably survive a nuke and he cant take over the world.

technopathy is good, but crashing systems wouldnt suffice, one must be able to control geopolitics in a global scale.

what I want is people with the means and the smarts to do it. even powerful people may not be good enough strategists, propagandists etc.

Endless Mike
Batman

Mindset

Weather Control would be insanely powerful on the real earth. What if they're hit with more than one nuke?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Batman

Would fail tbh.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Mindset
What if they're hit with more than one nuke?
I don't see our world leaders deciding to drop a shit ton of nukes on a single enemy.
If anything they would nuke him, then when they realize that won't work they would surrender.

Dolos

The Flash says hi.

But the Speed Force eliminates him here, as it is a perpetually accelerating ball of energy that builds exponential momentum every moment.

Mindset
I don't see our world leaders deciding to drop a shit ton of nukes on a single enemy.
If anything they would nuke him, then when they realize that won't work they would surrender. Or hit him with 2 nukes.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Mindset
Or hit him with 2 nukes.
laughing out loud
Well generally if _____ could survive one nuke They could survive 2

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud
Well generally if _____ could survive one nuke They could survive 2 true

No one ever wears down

If you survive 1 nuke, what's 49 going to do?

SamZED
Power - Colossus.
Smarts - Osborn.

Endless Mike
Batman could definitely do it. He could make enough money to buy out Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined, then invent a technology to mind control everyone.

byrdgang21
Vandal Savage
Maxwell Lord
Mr. Sinister
Mandarin

Originally posted by SamZED
Power - Colossus.
Smarts - Osborn. I really dont hink either of these could do it.

Cogito
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Would fail tbh.
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Batman could definitely do it. He could make enough money to buy out Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined, then invent a technology to mind control everyone.
Brother Eye

Placidity
Batman

Mystique

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Cogito
Brother Eye

In a World populated with extraterrestrial Technology sure but it would be impossible to build most stuff in our world, even for Batman.

As I understand it. You give a Comic char some money and resources from our World and say, here go on play. Batman is smart enough to do it but he has a conscience. IMO to take over the World you would need to use all means necessary, even kill or let some people die, that's nothing Batman would ever do. Dr. Doom on the other hand...

Endless Mike
He could easily be convinced that he's doing it for the greater good

ThereIsHope
The Joker

Cogito
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
In a World populated with extraterrestrial Technology sure but it would be impossible to build most stuff in our world, even for Batman.
That's ridiculous. He's Batman, he'd do it.

It's like saying Reed wouldn't be able to do anything in the real world because the advanced tech he's used to using doesn't exist. Their intelligence allows them to create what they need with the resources available.

LordofBrooklyn
TAO

I win!

TheLordofMurder
Lex Luthor could do it, and is the "weakest" character I can think of, but he is very vulnerable to assassination...

According to the Tierings here at KMC, the Enchantress is a Mid Meta (I strongly disagree with this), but given her strong magic, excellent durability, and her extremely powerful ability to charm men (which very well may be her best ability here) she should not only be capable of taking over the Earth, she should be capable of maintaining that control for a long time (all she really has to do is get to our world leaders and seduce them; that would be easy for her with her illusions, teleportation, and her natural good looks/charms)...much longer than Lex could at any rate.

dmills
Yojiro Hanma

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
TAO

I win! that you do. I consider the OP question answered. TAO would get the best success rate with the least power in both scenarios.

Originally posted by dmills
Yojiro Hanma sup man
not familiar. who is this?

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Yojiro Hanma
Yo dawg! Long time no see, where've you been?

Konton
Emma comes to mind, as she can mind wipe everyone and in diamond form doesn't need to sleep or eat. The problem with someone like Kitty or Mystique is that they are still vulnerable when the sleep nd one mistake will take em out.

its not just that, how would kitty and mistique actually control the globe? at best they'd be supreme saboteurs. emma could do it, TP is an easy hack

SquallX
Originally posted by 753
sup man
not familiar. who is this?

Hanma is from a manga, it's the main characters father, and he's also the main antagonist.

He's a martial artist that's call the worlds strongest creature. He's powerful enough to drop a giant elephant with one hit. The elephant was said if left enough would eat all of Africa in left than a week.

He casually beat a prehistoric man that used to hunt T-Rex's.

He also casually stops an earthquake with his index finger.

He's also feared by the worlds military, and casually punks the United States and the President. George w. Bush to be exact.

Uriel005
Originally posted by SquallX
Ra's al Ghul with connections.

Lex Luthor either manipulate/blackmail eveyone, or just straight up walk the UN and declares himself Emperor of the world. Anyone who disagrees gets there country nuked because he already hacked all the system in the World. Luthor being ego manic that he is would give the world back and try to find a way to go back to the comics because Superman's not there to challenge. which is considerably more impressive when you consider that our nuclear arsenal and most other nuclear arsenals are on closed circuit systems meaning they can't be remotely accessed armed and fired.

SquallX
Originally posted by Uriel005
which is considerably more impressive when you consider that our nuclear arsenal and most other nuclear arsenals are on closed circuit systems meaning they can't be remotely accessed armed and fired.

That's why he's Lex Luthor.

Oliver North
Originally posted by 753
all significant political and economic institutions in the world

all of them?

nobody could do it by force. You are delusional if you think tanking a nuclear weapon would make the American, Chinese and Russian militaries "surrender". I'm not saying the world's militaries have the ability to stop someone like Black Adam, but I can't see the people of the world simply surrendering to him until he has essentially committed genocide against the majority of them.

Like, it is almost politically untenable as well. This person is just going to, what, solve the mid-east? There are Muslim nations that wont let you in if you have visited Israel, this person is going to have to now bring all of these nations together under one rule with Israel and the Untied States? Lex Luthor walking into the UN and threatening everyone with nuclear warfare isn't really going to solve this issue, nor is nuking the Palestinians, and if all major political bodies need to be brought under the rule of this individual, they are going to have to find a way to reconcile these types of political issues.

So like, a psychic would have the best shot, for sure, but only if they had the ability to control, idk, I'd say at least 50-75% of the planet's population. Maybe not all out mind control, but at least make them not revolt, though they would still need to provide the basic services of government to keep it that way. I'm not totally read up on Emma's recent feats, but I don't think I've seen anything like that from her. Charles at his best, ya, probably.

Luthor probably could, if he wore one of those suits that would prevent UN security from just shooting him. Doom probably could, but given he is just shy of Reed in brains and Strange in magic, that is hardly a "weakest". In both cases though, there would be widespread resistance and would probably require nuclear war against most nations to quell the resistance, and maybe not even then.

I'm trying to think if there is a character like Purple Man who could take over some major media conglomerates and get on TV/YouTube, etc, and do it that way, but I'm drawing a blank. idk, all I'm saying is I think people are low-balling majorly here.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by 753
that you do. I consider the OP question answered. TAO would get the best success rate with the least power in both scenarios.

What do I win? cool

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Oliver North
all of them?

nobody could do it by force. You are delusional if you think tanking a nuclear weapon would make the American, Chinese and Russian militaries "surrender". I'm not saying the world's militaries have the ability to stop someone like Black Adam, but I can't see the people of the world simply surrendering to him until he has essentially committed genocide against the majority of them.

Like, it is almost politically untenable as well. This person is just going to, what, solve the mid-east? There are Muslim nations that wont let you in if you have visited Israel, this person is going to have to now bring all of these nations together under one rule with Israel and the Untied States? Lex Luthor walking into the UN and threatening everyone with nuclear warfare isn't really going to solve this issue, nor is nuking the Palestinians, and if all major political bodies need to be brought under the rule of this individual, they are going to have to find a way to reconcile these types of political issues.

So like, a psychic would have the best shot, for sure, but only if they had the ability to control, idk, I'd say at least 50-75% of the planet's population. Maybe not all out mind control, but at least make them not revolt, though they would still need to provide the basic services of government to keep it that way. I'm not totally read up on Emma's recent feats, but I don't think I've seen anything like that from her. Charles at his best, ya, probably.

Luthor probably could, if he wore one of those suits that would prevent UN security from just shooting him. Doom probably could, but given he is just shy of Reed in brains and Strange in magic, that is hardly a "weakest". In both cases though, there would be widespread resistance and would probably require nuclear war against most nations to quell the resistance, and maybe not even then.

I'm trying to think if there is a character like Purple Man who could take over some major media conglomerates and get on TV/YouTube, etc, and do it that way, but I'm drawing a blank. idk, all I'm saying is I think people are low-balling majorly here.

TAO could do everything you speak of with ease.

TAO would have Luthor commiting suicide in a few panels.

@ inimalist

yes, at least all the major ones.

and you are quite right about surviving a nuke having nothing to do with it. but there are characters who could still do it by force by wiping out all military in the planet (some without even killing anyone) and installing vassal regimes loyal to them. imagine the cultural and psychological impact superbeings like SS or SM would have on the world, specially if they were benevolent or perceived as such. creating/spearheading mass political movements or inspiring religeous cults would be easy

A skilled telepath doesnt need to control everyone, just the elites. and this doesnt have to be maintained constantly, he could create/erase memories, plant post-suggestion comands, shortcircuit minds, easily destroy public personas, etc. of course, using said control to achieve global domination without unwanted mass revolts is a matter of incredible political and strategic savvy, but just think about the influence a telepath could wield over the arab-israeli conflict: subvert israeli political process into a pro pre-67 borders stance and coerce hamas into reconciliation/submission to the olp.

your purple man comment reminded me of honest john, the living propaganda. a character who makes people perceive him as their ideal leader.

TAO remains the best suggestion I've heard as he can "hack" any individual or group. douglas ramsey might be another choice

TheLordofMurder
@753

Whats wrong with the Enchantress? Or is she too powerful?

the power thing. she could probably do it, but there are weaker people

ColossusGrundy
Lex Luthor,
Dr. Doom,
Reed Richards.

etc etc.

Pretty much any supra genius character. Look how much power Obumma has gotten while being a dumbass. haha

Oliver North
Originally posted by 753
and you are quite right about surviving a nuke having nothing to do with it. but there are characters who could still do it by force by wiping out all military in the planet (some without even killing anyone) and installing vassal regimes loyal to them. imagine the cultural and psychological impact superbeings like SS or SM would have on the world, specially if they were benevolent or perceived as such. creating/spearheading mass political movements or inspiring religeous cults would be easy

Oh, sure, but again we are talking about Surfer and Superman now, hardly people who are going to be seen as the "weakest".

I agree though, even just the concept of something like SS or SM would be revolutionary to how human psychology worked. They are so powerful they could probably destabilize the global order without even trying.

Originally posted by 753
A skilled telepath doesnt need to control everyone, just the elites. and this doesnt have to be maintained constantly, he could create/erase memories, plant post-suggestion comands, shortcircuit minds, easily destroy public personas, etc. of course, using said control to achieve global domination without unwanted mass revolts is a matter of incredible political and strategic savvy, but just think about the influence a telepath could wield over the arab-israeli conflict: subvert israeli political process into a pro pre-67 borders stance and coerce hamas into reconciliation/submission to the olp.

ah, I misunderstood the premise. I thought the individual would have to be like the actual world leader. I didn't think manipulating events from the shadows would be sufficient. In that case, for sure, much less powerful telepaths would be able to do it. (though, I still think you are low-balling how resistant people would be to this type of thing... if they ever found out their leaders were vassals; for instance, Emma would probably have had difficulty dealing with the Arab Spring, short of a total mind-wipe of, what, 100 million+ people?)

Originally posted by 753
your purple man comment reminded me of honest john, the living propaganda. a character who makes people perceive him as their ideal leader.

TAO remains the best suggestion I've heard as he can "hack" any individual or group. douglas ramsey might be another choice

huh, I'm actually unfamiliar with all 3 of those characters, but from what I've read on comicvine, it appears Tao is probably the best answer

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Pretty much any supra genius character. Look how much power Obumma has gotten while being a dumbass. haha

Considering Obama hasn't been able to bring together all of the relevant political and economic bodies withing America itself, that is hardly a good point.

And no, I don't think most super geniuses would be able to do it. Someone like Doom or Luthor are able to because of their already comparatively "God-like" tech or other powers. Civil War actually showed that Reed's type of intelligence isn't able to accurately predict large scale human behaviour, and given he is bound by real world physics in what he can create, I really fail to see what he is going to do in 10 years to become undisputed ruler. I suppose if he brought the Nullifier or something similar with him, he could do it, but it would be the same situation as Doom or Lex, and I'm not sure Reed has the stomach to kill as many people as would be necessary to bend the will of Earth's inhabitants to his rule.

PillarofOsiris
Any telepath. A shapeshifter would be very dangerous. Magneto would be a nightmare for the real world also.

Mshinu
Any genius techie could do it with mind control nanites, obedience gas, etc. Dark Beast if a good coise.

Telepaths for obvious reasons. Sage for instance.

Kingpin could probably do it from the shadows, not in one year but a few sure.

By force? Lord Rand would KO everyone in a single day.

abhilegend
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
TAO could do everything you speak of with ease.

TAO would have Luthor commiting suicide in a few panels.
Like maggedon did, right?

juggerman
Red Son Lex Luthor

rotiart
Exodus. Difficult to be killed. Can raise the dead. Massive telekinetic and telephonic ability. Healing factor...

Dude could convince the earth he is god.

SevenShackles
Honest John, The Living Propaganda. He could do it.

guys in case it wasnt clear. real world physics apply to tech they can create. anyting that is hypothetially plausible as per our fundamental understanding of physics can be created, if they know how to do it and can access the raw materials. cold fusion, more advanced genetic manipualtion, AI, superhacking, nanotechnology and molecular machinery (of the plausible kind) etc. are all ok, even in very large scales. shit like time travel to rewrite history isnt gonna fly though.

honest john is a good candidate indeed. I actually think the psychology and sociology oriented geniuses are better tailored for this than the gearheads.

Konton
Oh, I forgot. Oracle.

oracle who?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.