Riddick Vs Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
To reiterate my conclusion of Riddick's win;

Kazenji
Riddick.

thanos-prime
Is that 20 necromonger's in a heart beat quote from the movie? I don't remember it.

Dolos
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Is that 20 necromonger's in a heart beat quote from the movie? I don't remember it.

That was the Boss' right hand man who said that. Expressing his paranoia, having observed Riddick's abilities.

the ninjak
Deciding this fight on who killed more fodder than the other in a short burst of time doesn't sit well worth me.

Necromongers weren't all that impressive to me. The Thermal-scouts were easily oursmarted and the footsoldiers only threat was the fact that they had wide burst pulse weapons. Their generals and elite warriors on the other hand showed intelligence.

The Trojan soldiers on the other hand seemed to fight with all they were worth in broad daylight.

I have two points.-

1- Riddick fought a bunch of soldiers in the dark. Advantage Riddick.
2- Riddick had help fighting a group on a hostile environment. Advantage Riddick.

His best feat was taking on the aliens in Pitch Black. And the disputed energy burst feat from the Escape from Butchers Bay game.
Those feats should give Riddick the win.

I was just more impressed with Achille's skills in Troy.
Simply because Riddick's most impressive feats where done off screen.

Lestov16
Didn't Riddick do a pulse chest burst against all the Necros on Crematoria?

the ninjak
I remember him being hit by a pulse cannon.

quanchi112
Achilles wins.

the ninjak
Yeah I'm rooting for Achilles.
The line is tight and one could argue that Achilles can't pull off what Riddick did. But in the end in such a fight I see Achilles taking this.
Especially if Riddick is armed with a blade and goggles.
And Achilles is armed with sword, shield and spear.

KingD19
Riddick got hit by one of the Necro Gravity Guns. And when he got surrounded, he used "The Wrath of the Furyan" and killed everyone around him except Vaago I believe.

FrothByte
Riddick has better feats, and is probably more impressive physical wise. Yet I have a hard time imagining he can beat Achilles in a one on one fair fight in a well lit arena. Riddick excelled in using his environments against his opponents but I don't recall him going up against skilled opponents in a controlled environment.

Come to think of it, I have a hard time finding any human movie character capable of beating Achilles in a sword fight (or bladed fight). Such was his display of skill. To beat him, I'd have to go up to someone like Prince Nuada's class.

KingD19
It took a guy with super strength and legit superhuman speed to beat Riddick. And even then, he adapted to the point where he could "see" Lord Marshal's soul as it moved, which is incredible.

playa1258
I'm going with Riddick on this. He has the more impressive feats and is clearly superhuman, while the best feat for Achilles was the spear throw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
It took a guy with super strength and legit superhuman speed to beat Riddick. And even then, he adapted to the point where he could "see" Lord Marshal's soul as it moved, which is incredible. Riddick was being dominated and played with. Riddick was outclassed and lucky someone was planning to overthrow him. Riddick won through McClanery.

KingD19
Originally posted by quanchi112
Riddick was being dominated and played with. Riddick was outclassed and lucky someone was planning to overthrow him. Riddick won through McClanery.

I never said Riddick won on his own. But he did adapt to the point(eventually) where he could anticipate Marshal's speed. And his durability/endurance is a lot higher than Achilles.

If Achilles had been in the same fight, he'd have died rather quickly. As it was Riddick's Furyan heritage that allowed him to survive a beating that no one else would have.

I guess you can't argue for your own side without insulting the other. You're such a troll. cool

Ascendancy
The Furyan energy given to Riddick, his eventual speed, and his overall damage absorption/resilience lead me to believe he wins the day.

I will say this though: Achilles, even in the film, literally only became vulnerable once he was hit in the heel. I'll throw that out there for anyone who wants to play with it.

KingD19
On the same token, Riddick only became vulnerable once he went up against a guy who could move at superspeed and had multi-ton strength as well as the ability to speed up his perception of time.

quanchi112
I never said Riddick won on his own. But he did adapt to the point(eventually) where he could anticipate Marshal's speed. And his durability/endurance is a lot higher than Achilles.

If Achilles had been in the same fight, he'd have died rather quickly. As it was Riddick's Furyan heritage that allowed him to survive a beating that no one else would have.

I guess you can't argue for your own side without insulting the other. You're such a troll. cool You painted it out like Riddick had a chance. He didn't. You twist what happened to fanboy it up. Saying Achilles would die is speculation. I do know Achilles beats the Furyan who has a bit of luck(McClane) in him.

KingD19
You really think it's speculation Achilles would die? Did you see the fight between Riddick and Lord Marshal? Anyone who says Achilles would win is clearly a fanboy. Riddick's durability allowed him to stay in the fight long enough to win with outside help. Achilles probably wouldn't survive any of those blows, since he never showed enhanced durability or strength like Riddick, whose entire race is stated and shown to be much more powerful than a regular human.

quanchi112
You really think it's speculation Achilles would die? Did you see the fight between Riddick and Lord Marshal? Anyone who says Achilles would win is clearly a fanboy. Riddick's durability allowed him to stay in the fight long enough to win with outside help. Achilles probably wouldn't survive any of those blows, since he never showed enhanced durability or strength like Riddick, whose entire race is stated and shown to be much more powerful than a regular human. I never said he'd win but to say he'd die in such and such a time is being biased and fanboyish. Just don't be upset that Achilles wins here.

KingD19
Achilles never showed any enhanced durability, which he'd need to survive the hits that sent Riddick flying clear across the massive chamber they were. And his speed isn't enough to counter Marshal's legitimate super speed soul run.

Riddick survived because of how physically tough he is. Achilles doesn't have that luxury, and as a result, the hits that Riddick was hurt from, would hurt him a lot worse and probably end up with him dead.

quanchi112
Achilles never showed any enhanced durability, which he'd need to survive the hits that sent Riddick flying clear across the massive chamber they were. And his speed isn't enough to counter Marshal's legitimate super speed soul run.

Riddick survived because of how physically tough he is. Achilles doesn't have that luxury, and as a result, the hits that Riddick was hurt from, would hurt him a lot worse and probably end up with him dead. His awareness and fluid movements get the job done. Look at his first fight and see how easily he avoids the spear thrown his way. The guy can definitely tank the attacks with his armor on that Riddick survived.

You speculate out of fanboyism for Riddick.

KingD19
So you're saying Achilles is fast enough to dodge around Lord Marhsall's attacks, and can tank the ones Riddick took? Riddick himself was thrown for a loop and he's tougher than Achilles has ever shown to be. And Achilles can tank them?

There's a difference between being a fan and a fanboy. And you even considering Achilles can take the kind of punishment Riddick can is hilarious. Riddick shrugged off getting hit with a gravity gun, which launches people 20 feet easily and one shot killed everyone else it hit. Yet Lord Marshall had him licked. Achilles showed no durability feats, and he has none to draw on. So he's a normal guy in terms of durability. A normal guy would get raped by hits from Lord Marshall, and his armor wouldn't stand up to punishment like that.

I'm not the one with Achilles as my sig.

FrothByte

Riddick survived because of how physically tough he is. Achilles doesn't have that luxury, and as a result, the hits that Riddick was hurt from, would hurt him a lot worse and probably end up with him dead.

I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about durability. Sure Riddick is more durable and if it was a fist fight then Achilles probably won't be able to bring him down. But remember that Achilles is armed with spear and sword in this match. I don't care how durable Riddick is, he isn't going to survive a stab through the heart or a chopped head or getting an entire sword stabbed through from his shoulder.

So let's stop discussing durability and instead focus on skill and speed. People might believe that Riddick is faster, and they might be right. But is he fast enough? I don't recall him showing superhuman speed. And as far as fighting skill goes, I think it's obvious that on a 1 on 1 scenario, Achilles far outclasses him.

quanchi112
So you're saying Achilles is fast enough to dodge around Lord Marhsall's attacks, and can tank the ones Riddick took? Riddick himself was thrown for a loop and he's tougher than Achilles has ever shown to be. And Achilles can tank them?

There's a difference between being a fan and a fanboy. And you even considering Achilles can take the kind of punishment Riddick can is hilarious. Riddick shrugged off getting hit with a gravity gun, which launches people 20 feet easily and one shot killed everyone else it hit. Yet Lord Marshall had him licked. Achilles showed no durability feats, and he has none to draw on. So he's a normal guy in terms of durability. A normal guy would get raped by hits from Lord Marshall, and his armor wouldn't stand up to punishment like that.

I'm not the one with Achilles as my sig. Riddick isn't some freakishly durable being. Quit acting as if he is. Another poster just tore into your fanboyism. That's the problem with fanboys such as yourself you can never see the writing on the wall.

Again Achilles is going to kill Riddick with his sword or spear. Both will prove fatal, fanboy.

FrothByte
Just re-watched Riddick's fight with the Lord Marshall and, I'm sorry, I don't see Riddick at any point showing that he was able to "adapt".

One thing to note, is that even though the Lord Marshall is able to move his body fast or do that soul-teleport thing, I don't see him throwing hits/punches that are incredibly fast. It's not like Agent Smith where he riddles you with machine-gun speed punches. It's his body movement that's fast which is probably why Riddick was able to block a few hits but was unable to land any.

Despite that, when Lord Marshall was hitting Riddick with fists only ,Riddick was unable to do anything about it and got his ass handed to him. Then when Lord Marshall took up a spear, only then was Riddick able to somewaht block his hits... but it's obviously clear that the Lord Marshall's attacks were now a lot slower because of the weight of the spear. Nevertheless, Riddick still was unable to hit the lord Marshall and get his ass handed to him. In the end, Riddick didn't show any impressive feats in that fight except to showcase his durability.

So yeah, Riddick hasn't shown any type of skill or decent speed feats to show that he can beat Achilles. Every person he has ever fought handles weapons like mallets in comparison to Achilles's speed. Even the Lord Marshall looked slow (if it not for his soul teleport thing) when he picked up a spear.

Dolos
Originally posted by FrothByte
So yeah, Riddick hasn't shown any type of skill or decent speed feats to show that he can beat Achilles.

The bugs, remember the bugs.

You are all out of your minds, I'm not going to bother. Just wait for the new Riddick.

Dolos
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The Furyan energy given to Riddick, his eventual speed, and his overall damage absorption/resilience lead me to believe he wins the day.

Really? That's it?

What about murking mother****ers with cups? Literally, cups you drink from.

Jason Bourne who?

What about leaping 20 feet through the air to a killing blow?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Dolos
The bugs, remember the bugs.

You are all out of your minds, I'm not going to bother. Just wait for the new Riddick.

The bugs aren't skilled opponents. Granted, I don't think Achilles can handle them better than Riddick... but there are some characters that are better at handling mass fodder and some that specialize in one on one combat.

This fight is a one on one fight, not a "who can kill the most fodder" competition. And in this case, Riddick hasn't shown that much decent feats against a single skilled opponent.

Dolos
The bugs aren't skilled opponents. Granted, I don't think Achilles can handle them better than Riddick... but there are some characters that are better at handling mass fodder and some that specialize in one on one combat.

This fight is a one on one fight, not a "who can kill the most fodder" competition. And in this case, Riddick hasn't shown that much decent feats against a single skilled opponent.

What about that Ninja in Dark Fury, he'd skull**** Achilles.

What about the inhumanly strong and fast necromonger wielding two 100 pound hammer/axes, with the knife stuck in his back? Ajax Boagrias who?

You are out of your minds. laughing out loud

Dolos
But you are right, in daylight, night, Achilles would get eviscerated by one of those bugs after avoiding his spear throw.

But here's another thing Achilles can't do, a stealthy kill shot from a 20 foot leap. smokin'

One on one? Lethal ex-murderer, a gifted killer, Riddick puts a cup on the table. Shoves it through the prisoner's sternum. Puts a key on the table, other prisoners run. Achilles killed a man by surprise with a brander to the thin throat, other Greeks let him go.

I say, cup, short, sternum, thick, brander long, neck, thin. Get what I'm saying? Strength, reaction time, precision, speed, all go to Riddick. Achilles=gifted killer, Riddick=better killer.

Ascendancy
Like I said here, I think what may come into play in the end is that even though they left the gods out of it, they made a point of having Achilles not take a single wound until the arrow--guided by a god originally--takes him through the only vulnerable point that he as.

I wouldn't assume it's out of the question to think he could literally take anything so long as he hasn't been wounded there.

Robtard
Riddick could win here armed with a tea cup.

KingD19
Like I said here, I think what may come into play in the end is that even though they left the gods out of it, they made a point of having Achilles not take a single wound until the arrow--guided by a god originally--takes him through the only vulnerable point that he as.

I wouldn't assume it's out of the question to think he could literally take anything so long as he hasn't been wounded there.

And Riddick didn't take a single wound until he fought someone akin to a God. Before that he waded through guys like a hot knife through butter.

Dolos

http://i.imgur.com/zVR2N.jpg

So his heel gives him ultra probability manipulation??

Explain.

Robtard
LoL, don't fall for the Achilles wanking. He wasn't invulnerable in the film; the film did away with that angle and such.

Riddick rips his throat out with a tea cup.

Dolos
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, don't fall for the Achilles wanking. He wasn't invulnerable in the film; the film did away with that angle and such.

Riddick rips his throat out with a tea cup.

No original source from Homer's ORIGINAL writings EVER suggested he was invulnerable. He was cut in a competition of prowess with spear-sticks which he won. It's a misconception. The arrow, guided by Apollo for retribution, hit his heel and killed him, he wasn't invulnerable.

He was like Theseus or Perseus, except better than any other Demi-God save Herakles.

FrothByte
But you are right, in daylight, night, Achilles would get eviscerated by one of those bugs after avoiding his spear throw.

But here's another thing Achilles can't do, a stealthy kill shot from a 20 foot leap. smokin'

One on one? Lethal ex-murderer, a gifted killer, Riddick puts a cup on the table. Shoves it through the prisoner's sternum. Puts a key on the table, other prisoners run. Achilles killed a man by surprise with a brander to the thin throat, other Greeks let him go.

I say, cup, short, sternum, thick, brander long, neck, thin. Get what I'm saying? Strength, reaction time, precision, speed, all go to Riddick. Achilles=gifted killer, Riddick=better killer.

lol. Describing Achilles as just a "gifted killer" is outright ridiculous. You don't become one of the most known legendary names in the fighting world by being merely a "gifted killer". Achilles was the undefeated champion of the greek kingdom. Riddick cannot boast of such an impressive accomplishment.

As far as that dual axe wielding warrior that Riddick fought, please, that guy was slow as dirt. Achilles would have danced circles around that guy. Besides, just coz he was strong enough to wield those two axes doesn't mean he was any good with them. At least Boagrius was an undefeated champion of his people before Achilles killed him, so we at least have an inkling of how good he was.

As for that teacup thing, Riddick killed a prisoner/murderer. I seriously hope you're not comparing Achilles to some random prisoner/murderer.

I think the problem here is that the OP failed to mention the stipulations of the fight. Where are they fighting, what weapons, what rules?

If they were fighting in the streets, or in a building, or in prison, or anywhere where that can utilize the environment and multiple objects around them, then I'd put my money on Riddick. If it was unarmed combat, then still Riddick. Knife fight? It would be close, but I'd bet on Riddick.

In fact when I think about it, I believe Riddick is actually the more "gifted" killer between the two of them. His resourcefulness in using any instrument to kill, adaptability to the environment speaks of a natural born killer instinct that I don't see Achilles topping. Achilles however is the better trained warrior. One of the best actually. And as long as Achilles gets his chosen weapons and it's a fair 1 on 1 fight in an open arena, then Riddick cannot defeat Achilles regardless of what melee weapons he uses.

In the end, this is a difficult match to weigh on simply because it's very hard to make it an even match. It's obviously unfair to remove Achilles's weapons from him and make him fight unarmed as we have no idea how skilled he is with fists. However if we allow them to use their preferred weapons then a spear, sword, and shield are simply too much of an advantage over knives, no matter how many knives he carries.

And please, Riddick beating Achilles with a teacup is pure fanboy wanking. At least give him a sword or machete.

KingD19
Riddick was the most known and feared criminal in the known galaxy/universe.

And his legacy before being born was so powerful that it caused a man who was as close to a god as one can get since he's half dead and has super powers, to try and wipe out his entire race.

Dolos
In the end, this is a difficult match to weigh on simply because it's very hard to make it an even match. It's obviously unfair to remove Achilles's weapons from him and make him fight unarmed as we have no idea how skilled he is with fists. However if we allow them to use their preferred weapons then a spear, sword, and shield are simply too much of an advantage over knives, no matter how many knives he carries.

Necromonger ranged futuristic weaponry says hi.

Mindset
a man who was as close to a god as one can get since he's half dead and has super powers Lol.

The aliens Riddick killed in PB > him.

He was kicking Riddick's ass anyway, so not a great example.

Dolos
Originally posted by Mindset
Lol.

The bugs were mindless killing machines, this guy could become intangible. Intangibility means he can't be touched, in that form he can move like a phantom, at super speed, before becoming tangible again. That's two super powers, he had super strength, that's three. He had precognitive abilities like Spider-sense, that's four. He beat Riddick with super powers, no big deal.

Dolos
You think Achilles could do shit to that guy??

He'd have a far better chance with The Amazing Spider-man.

KingD19
Lol.

I was using Lord Marshall as an example of the sheer amount of overwhelming stuff it took to beat him.

Dolos
I was using Lord Marshall as an example of the sheer amount of overwhelming stuff it took to beat him.

FrothByte
You think Achilles could do shit to that guy??

He'd have a far better chance with The Amazing Spider-man.

Achilles would probably get his ass handed to him as badly as Riddick got his. So why are we using the Lord Marshal as an example. Riddick was obviously outmatched by Lord Marshal. I think everyone agrees that Achilles would also be outclassed by Lord Marshal. Only thing useful here is the proving of Riddick's durability but then again that isn't really relevant since Achilles won't be trying to punch out Riddick but instead use sharp weapons against him.

quanchi112
Riddick could win here armed with a tea cup. Yeah, because the thug he killed was on par with Achilles with a sword and spear. GTFO.

Kazenji
I smell bullshit!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
I smell bullshit! It's robbie.

Dolos
It's robbie.

We can agree on this much.

For some reason that dude creeps me out.

Robtard
Yeah, because the thug he killed was on par with Achilles with a sword and spear. GTFO.

Calm down, Mary. The tea cup comment was humor. Riddick wins here.

Dolos
Riddick wins here.

Robtard
We can agree on this much.

For some reason that dude creeps me out.

Says the guy who keeps taking pictures while pulling his pants low and trying to flex.

Dolos
Says the guy who keeps taking pictures while pulling his pants low and trying to flex.

I was looking for constructive critism on the flaws in my poses. Scar pointed out that the way I was sucking in and flexing made my ribs look "****ed up beyond all repair".

mad

So now I know to strengthen my core without stomach crunches which, which do not help my obliques and lower back to make my mid-section look stunning and v.

Robtard
Looking for "constructive criticism" from a girl (who could be a guy for all you know) online is pretty silly.

Anyhow. Riddick wins.

Dolos
Anyhow. Riddick wins.

Yah.

Mindset
I was using Lord Marshall as an example of the sheer amount of overwhelming stuff it took to beat him. OK, but LM was nowhere near a god and he was beating the piss out of Riddick, had no one interfered he would have easily killed him.

So, there could be a large gap between what could beat Riddick and Lord Marshall.Originally posted by Dolos
The bugs were mindless killing machines, this guy could become intangible. Intangibility means he can't be touched, in that form he can move like a phantom, at super speed, before becoming tangible again. That's two super powers, he had super strength, that's three. He had precognitive abilities like Spider-sense, that's four. He beat Riddick with super powers, no big deal. The bugs almost killed Riddick...they had super strength, heightened senses, super speed, and high durability...the only reason they weren't superhuman is because, well, they weren't human. As far as physical stats go, they are above Lord Marshal.

Robtard
Riddick was strong enough to grapple one of the super strength, super speed, high durability bugs and then eviscerate it with nothing more than a prison shank.

IIRC, he also snapped one's neck.

Mindset
Riddick was strong enough to grapple one of the super strength, super speed, high durability bugs and then eviscerate it with nothing more than a prison shank.

IIRC, he also snapped one's neck. OK?

Robtard
OK?

Which part didn't you get?

Mindset
Why you're telling me that.

Robtard
It wasn't directed at you specifically. It's not always about you.

Mindset
Yes it is.

the ninjak
I stated earlier that Achilles wouldn't be able to beat the alien in Pitch Black like Riddick did.
But Riddick had massive prep in that film. He studied their physiology and time to watch their movements.
In an arena fight with no knowledge Riddick would've died with no prep.

This is a straight up fight between Riddick and Achilles.
Riddick always has a blade and his vision.
Achilles his sword, shield and spear.

Riddick struggled against Lord Marshall as anyone in his fight class would. The fight wouldn't have turned out differently with Achilles fighting.

In an arena fight with these two. Achilles has the advantage. In a forum arena that Riddick can't take advantage of the light it is a insanely skilled man with a blade vs a peak level warrior with a better set of weapons.

Achilles showed more skill on the battlefield......he wins this fight.
Riddick will win many more exotic scenarios but here I think he gets bled out.

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
I stated earlier that Achilles wouldn't be able to beat the alien in Pitch Black like Riddick did.
But Riddick had massive prep in that film. He studied their physiology and time to watch their movements.
In an arena fight with no knowledge Riddick would've died with no prep.

This is a straight up fight between Riddick and Achilles.
Riddick always has a blade and his vision.
Achilles his sword, shield and spear.

Riddick struggled against Lord Marshall as anyone in his fight class would. The fight wouldn't have turned out differently with Achilles fighting.

In an arena fight with these two. Achilles has the advantage. In a forum arena that Riddick can't take advantage of the light it is a insanely skilled man with a blade vs a peak level warrior with a better set of weapons.

Achilles showed more skill on the battlefield......he wins this fight.
Riddick will win many more exotic scenarios but here I think he gets bled out.

Yup. Like I said in my earlier posts, if this fight were out in a streets or in a building where they're allowed to used their environment and stuff in their environment to their advantage, then I'd put my money on Riddick.

But in a fair fight in an open arena, Riddick's knives are no match for Achilles's sword and shield, let alone his spear.

Dolos
But in a fair fight in an open arena, Riddick's knives are no match for Achilles's sword and shield, let alone his spear.

He'll snap his wooden spear like a tooth pick, and wouldn't take much effort for him to just blitz Achilles with knives, no matter what melee weapons he is armed with. laughing out loud

Why? Despite what's been said, Achilles does NOT have better showings. Please get real.

/thread.

FrothByte
He'll snap his wooden spear like a tooth pick, and wouldn't take much effort for him to just blitz Achilles with knives, no matter what melee weapons he is armed with. laughing out loud

Why? Despite what's been said, Achilles does NOT have better showings. Please get real.

/thread.

Snap his spear? Lol. These spears can parry full blows from swords. And if you've ever tried holding a real spear in your life, you'll know that they are not some spindly sticks that you could just "snap". Can you break them? Sure. Hector did break Achilles's spear. But Hector also had a shield to protect him from Achilles's spear attacks. For Riddick to break that spear he's going to need to come in close. How's Riddick going to block those spear attacks? He might be able to dodge one or two, but he's not that fast to avoid all.

As for better showings, are you kidding me? What have all the past pages been about? Achilles has been shown to best proven skilled combatants. Boagrius, undefeated champion of his people. Hector, undefeated champion of his kingdom. Both of these Achilles dispatched with ease.

What has Riddick done against one on one opponents? Got beat up by Lord Marshal. Killed some random prisoner with a teacup. Beat some random soldier wielding two battle axes that made him slow as dirt. Beat the pitch black alien, and that's got to be the best showing he's had. But as Ninjak pointed out, Riddick had sufficient time to study these aliens, plus you can't exactly call these aliens uber smart.

As for speed blitzing... you've got to be kidding right? Riddick isn't some flash-like speedster. Yes he's fast, but so is Achilles. Achilles all but speed-blitzed boagrius after all. Foot race? Yes Riddick is probably faster. Battle speed? Toss up. I don't think either can blitz the other.

Besides, speed is a relevant term. Either you're very fast, or maybe your opponent is just very slow. So tell you what, post a vid where we can fully see Riddick's battle speed. I'll post a vid of Achilles, and then we'll compare how fast they move in comparison to each other.

Robtard
Riddick could easily avoid the spear, step in and then it's his game. CQC favors knives over a spear and shield.

FrothByte
Riddick could easily avoid the spear, step in and then it's his game. CQC favors knives over a spear and shield.

Claiming that Riddick can easily side step the spear, close in, and start using his knives have about as much proof as me claiming that Achilles can easily step back out of reach and return to using his spear.

Achilles also has the option to use his short sword which gives him advantage again over knives.

There's a reason why a "reach advantage" is considered an "advantage". That's because people with longer reaches ARE in the advantage. In this case, reach advantage goes to Achilles. Now sure, Riddick can step through those attacks and close in but that's entirely dependent on how skilled his opponent is. Seeing how extremely skilled Achilles is with his weapons you can't simply claim that Riddick can easily close in. Unless 1 of them is clearly shown as superior in skill, then the extra reach is still in advantage.

Dolos
Snap his spear? Lol. These spears can parry full blows from swords. And if you've ever tried holding a real spear in your life, you'll know that they are not some spindly sticks that you could just "snap". Can you break them? Sure. Hector did break Achilles's spear. But Hector also had a shield to protect him from Achilles's spear attacks. For Riddick to break that spear he's going to need to come in close. How's Riddick going to block those spear attacks? He might be able to dodge one or two, but he's not that fast to avoid all.

As for better showings, are you kidding me? What have all the past pages been about? Achilles has been shown to best proven skilled combatants. Boagrius, undefeated champion of his people. Hector, undefeated champion of his kingdom. Both of these Achilles dispatched with ease.

What has Riddick done against one on one opponents? Got beat up by Lord Marshal. Killed some random prisoner with a teacup. Beat some random soldier wielding two battle axes that made him slow as dirt. Beat the pitch black alien, and that's got to be the best showing he's had. But as Ninjak pointed out, Riddick had sufficient time to study these aliens, plus you can't exactly call these aliens uber smart.

As for speed blitzing... you've got to be kidding right? Riddick isn't some flash-like speedster. Yes he's fast, but so is Achilles. Achilles all but speed-blitzed boagrius after all. Foot race? Yes Riddick is probably faster. Battle speed? Toss up. I don't think either can blitz the other.

Besides, speed is a relevant term. Either you're very fast, or maybe your opponent is just very slow. So tell you what, post a vid where we can fully see Riddick's battle speed. I'll post a vid of Achilles, and then we'll compare how fast they move in comparison to each other.

Riddick, a Furyan, is stronger than a Vulcan from what I've seen. He can make a spear of that era snap, even though it's made of carved oak.

Riddick mowed through 20 super-human Necromongers armed with ranged and melee weapons in moments, by comparison it took Achilles a lot longer to murk 12 (in the director's cut) humans without ranged weapons, they had ancient and pathetic weaponry.

The guy Riddick killed could crush Boagrias and Ajax at the same time...and he killed him effortlessly. The guy, as with all Necromongers, was insanely fast.

Riddick is stronger, quicker, and can kill quicker. He's smarter, more skilled, and inhuman. Achilles is overrated tbh.

quanchi112
Calm down, Mary. The tea cup comment was humor. Riddick wins here. Most of your comments aren't serious so I am glad to hear you finally admit as much. Now quit creeping out people on here, McCreep.Originally posted by Dolos
Yah. Nah, he clearly loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.