Satele Shan runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan
Some claim she is one of the most powerful Jedi ever, but how powerful really is she?

Two scenarios:
1) One hour rest between each battle.
2) Full rest

Setting: Naboo plains

1. CW Maul and Oppress
2. DoE Zannah
3. DoE Bane
3. RotS Dooku
4. TFU Vader
5. RotS Sidious

Q99
One hour rest, probably stops at Bane.

Full rest, she may get all the way to Sidious.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
One hour rest, probably stops at Bane.

Full rest, she may get all the way to Sidious.
Agreed!

Mizukage Yoda
Maul and Oppress have a good shot to take her down.

Nephthys
Agreed. I also don't see her beating Zannah and certainly not beating Bane.

Vensai
At best, Satele could win after a tough fight against the brothers. Then she loses handily to Zannah and her sorcery. Satele might be powerful, but she's no Yoda by far.

Nephthys
Agreed, Legend has grossly overestimated her capabilities imo.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
They don't.

Originally posted by Vensai
Then she loses handily to Zannah and her sorcery.
Just because Bane failed against her Sorcery; doesn't means that others would too.

Last time I checked, Bane wasn't adept in the use of Tutaminis. Satele is and immensely.

Also, keep in mind that someone beats Zannah in RoT lineage.

Satele might be powerful, but she's no Yoda by far.
She is on par with him.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Agreed, Legend has grossly overestimated her capabilities imo.
Nope!

She also have shatterpoint abilities.

The_Tempest
Satele solos, imo.

Nephthys
Pfft, daily, nightly and ever so rightly maybe, but not in a fight.....ly.

Nephthys
Rhymes is hard. sad

Vensai
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
They don't.

Just because Bane failed against her Sorcery; doesn't means that others would too.

Last time I checked, Bane wasn't adept in the use of Tutaminis. Satele is and immensely.

Also, keep in mind that someone beats Zannah in RoT lineage.

She is on par with him.

Nope!

She also have shatterpoint abilities.

Lol. You seriously think Satele is on par with Yoda? You know, the jedi who can lift x-wings and outduel Sidious in sabers while stalemating him in a force duel? So what is Satele is skilled at tutaminis? She used it after she was defeated in sabers.

What makes you think Satele has any defense against sorcery?

S_W_LeGenD
Lol. You seriously think Satele is on par with Yoda? You know, the jedi who can lift x-wings and outduel Sidious while stalemating him in a force duel? So what is Satele is skilled at tutaminis? She used it after she was defeated in sabers.
Is this the best you can come up with? As if I am not aware of this already?

Satele have demonstrated the ability to tear apart gigantic and immensely heavy objects and formations with her powers. She even blocked a lightsaber strike with bare hands. Later on, she developed shatterpoint abilities. A person of her calibre wouldn't find lifting an X-Wing a difficult task.

Sidious have lost to Mace and Luke as well. Yoda's accomplishment isn't unique.

What makes you think Satele has any defense against sorcery?
You mean the tentacles? They are made up of dark side energies. Tutaminis grants the ability to absorb energies.

Q99
I will comment that, to my knowledge, only two people have used Tutaminis to actually block lightsabers barehanded. Even for people who use Tutaminis well, that is an extremely difficult thing to do, and she did it as a Knight.

Satele's TK is also extremely powerful. When approaching the fortress of Darth Mekhis of the Sith Council, Mekhis closed big blast doors in front of her, so, raised her hand, BLAM, no more blast doors.

I definitely wouldn't say she's very far from Yoda.

ares834
Agreed. I also don't see her beating Zannah and certainly not beating Bane.

thumb up

Nephthys
You mean the tentacles? They are made up of dark side energies. Tutaminis grants the ability to absorb energies.

Despite being energy those tentacles still went right through a lightsaber. Blocking energy with a lightsaber would be Tataminis would it not? And Bane already tried that and failed.

S_W_LeGenD
Despite being energy those tentacles still went right through a lightsaber. Blocking energy with a lightsaber would be Tataminis would it not? And Bane already tried that and failed.
Lightsaber does have Tutaminis like properties but it isn't going to be effective against every kind of dark side energy based power; it has its limitations.

In contrast, with practitioners of Tutaminis (Force abilities); possibilities are enormous. Such practitioners have demonstrated the capability to use their raw power to absorb harmful energies of different properties including blaster bolt, lightsaber blade and Force Lightning. The power of the Force is going to be greater in effectiveness then any materialistic object.

The properties of tendrils are different from that of Force Lightning but they are also made up of pure dark side energies.

Progress in RoT lineage suggests that someone defeated Zannah too. Where this happened and how this happened remains to be seen.

However, it is also illogical to assume that Zannah could summon tendrils at will in any setting; the setting in this hypothetical conflict is Naboo plains.

Nephthys
It was my understanding that absorbing lightning into a lightsaber was an application of Tutaminis.

The_Tempest
well like i think satele wins cus she kinda beat malgus on alderaan, the same malgus who like kinda beat a guy who bulldozed like 6 fully trained sith lords like an offensive lineman and she can prolly swing her lightsaber in a blur so she definitely wins

not any of these folks have feats n quotes that comically outclass hers or anything

axel_jovan

The_Tempest
something nu 2 considr

in the clone wars ep called "overlords" the father of mortis is confrnted by anakin skywalkr an wen ankin shoves a litesabr in his face, da father reaches out and grabs it in a vagley homoertic maner an shovs it aside

ergo we can safely assme that satele is one of the ones lol which means shes more powerful than anybody cept anakin full potential, abeloth, an the other ones

axel_jovan
LOL

Nephthys
Tempest, shut up. erm

Legend has done nothing to warrant this kind of assholery. Being an intolerant prick isn't going to make you look good to anyone with an IQ. So he believes differently than you on some points, deal with it. You already have him on Ignore, so just ignore him.

SIDIOUS 66
No offense Neph, but every time I see you getting serious or lecturing someone, I look at that little tail wagging at the bottom of your posts, and it makes me lol.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/bQ921UV.gif

The_Tempest
Tempest, shut up. erm

Legend has done nothing to warrant this kind of assholery. Being an intolerant prick isn't going to make you look good to anyone with an IQ. So he believes differently than you on some points, deal with it. You already have him on Ignore, so just ignore him.

haermm

^ Do these words look familiar to you?

Nephthys
Yes, and I've apologized for them. They're why I'm telling you to back off, not out of guilt, but because I know how stupid and immature it is to treat someone like that just because they don't believe the things you believe. Grow up. I did.

The_Tempest
Yes, and I've apologized for them. They're why I'm telling you to back off, not out of guilt, but because I know how stupid and immature it is to treat someone like that just because they don't believe the things you believe. Grow up. I did.

Your desperate clamoring for the moral high ground is both clumsy and amusing. You are uniquely prone to fits of anger when people don't share your perspective (from Bane to the Joker to everything in between).

Why on earth would I take your appeals seriously on this matter? uhuh

Nephthys
When was the last time I got pissed about the stuff? Like really, not joke pissed or you thinking I'm mad when I'm not? I like to think I've matured passed that now. Even if I haven't, that just proves that I'm a flawed person with no right to look down on someone for not agreeing with me. Just like you.

The_Tempest
I'm a flawed person

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aecooiFE-vQ/UFvPKdhCcmI/AAAAAAAADBg/PjzkFLtmVF0/s1600/Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Just like you.

http://the-flick.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/PalpatinePuzzled.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by The_Tempest
something nu 2 considr

in the clone wars ep called "overlords" the father of mortis is confrnted by anakin skywalkr an wen ankin shoves a litesabr in his face, da father reaches out and grabs it in a vagley homoertic maner an shovs it aside

ergo we can safely assme that satele is one of the ones lol which means shes more powerful than anybody cept anakin full potential, abeloth, an the other ones

Well, the Ones can do it too, but I was thinking more of Corran Horn's grandfather, who was known for being incredibly exceptional at absorption (the Horns traditionally were very untalented in TK but extremely talented at Tutaminis).

Originally posted by axel_jovan

Also, even if her Force powers are so beastly, she seems to lack greatly in saber prowess. Just image what Bane, Dooku or, stars help her, Sidious would do to her...with a saber wink

Not really. I mean, her being disarmed against Malgus was when she was a *Knight*, and he's one of the top saber beatsticks in the Sith Empire who's taken down some real Jedi badasses (ones we have, in turn, seen strike down multiple sith at once in short order).

Vensai
I'm not sure tutaminis would be able to block Zannah's spells which she uses to mentally attack the victim and cause insanity. Sith sorcery is different from traditional applications of the force.

Ascendancy
I'm not sure tutaminis would be able to block Zannah's spells which she uses to mentally attack the victim and cause insanity. Sith sorcery is different from traditional applications of the force.

The tentacles and her mind destruction technique were two completely different attacks.

Based
1. Stops at Bane.
2. Stops at Sids.

S_W_LeGenD
Fight with Sidious is most likely to end up in a stalemate.

------

Honestly speaking, if even lightsabers don't work against Satele; what does? laughing out loud

------

Originally posted by Ascendancy
The tentacles and her mind destruction technique were two completely different attacks.
Agreed here!

------

Nephthys versus The_Tempest:

Nephthys WTFpwns

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
Well, the Ones can do it too, but I was thinking more of Corran Horn's grandfather, who was known for being incredibly exceptional at absorption (the Horns traditionally were very untalented in TK but extremely talented at Tutaminis).

Not really. I mean, her being disarmed against Malgus was when she was a *Knight*, and he's one of the top saber beatsticks in the Sith Empire who's taken down some real Jedi badasses (ones we have, in turn, seen strike down multiple sith at once in short order).
Nicely put.

I don't understand the mindset that TOR era powerhouses somehow suck with a lightsaber. They wouldn't have made a big impact by sucking in crucial aspects of combat.

Specially! Satele have demonstrated the ability to block lightsaber strike with bare hands. This is insane feat.

Another thing is that Sidious is not very good at defending himself from Force powers. His defenses can be overwhelmed.

Nephthys
Well lets not forget that Sidious took Starkillers suicide explosion to the face with nothing more than smoking robes. His defenses aren't that bad.

S_W_LeGenD
Well lets not forget that Sidious took Starkillers suicide explosion to the face with nothing more than smoking robes. His defenses aren't that bad.
You have a point. Powerful individuals are very good at defending themselves from attacks that may destroy normal (defenceless) individuals or objects.

I will not say that Sidious is bad in defending himself; but not exceptional either.

What often confuses me is the nature of the blast of Marek; he gave himself to the Force so maybe the blast wasn't lethal enough.

Mizukage Yoda
Fight with Sidious is most likely to end up in a stalemate.

------

Honestly speaking, if even lightsabers don't work against Satele; what does? laughing out loud

------

Agreed here!

------

Nephthys versus The_Tempest:

Nephthys WTFpwns

That is the definition of a no limits fallacy.

S_W_LeGenD
That is the definition of a no limits fallacy.
Relax! I am entitled to have some fun sometimes, I believe.

On a serious note, you need to evolve in your thinking about TOR era powerhouses.

Star Wars is a dynamic world, my peer; filled with surprises. Otherwise, it will be a boring subject.

Their is no reason to underestimate Satele's capabiliites due to the reason that she could not contend with Malgus in a lightsaber duel. Malgus is extremely potent with a lightsaber; he packs lot of brutish strength and sufficient skill to overwhelm competent battlemasters, let alone lesser martial opponents.

If Satele can block lightsaber strike with bare hands; possibilities for her are enormous in near death like situations. Therefore, it is certainly possible that her clash with Sidious may end up in a stalemate. Not to forget that Satele packs enormous strength as well as apparent from her tree feat during a duel.

And we have seen first hand that Sidious isn't the top duelist.

Ascendancy

?

Mizukage Yoda
Relax! I am entitled to have some fun sometimes, I believe.

On a serious note, you need to evolve in your thinking about TOR era powerhouses.

Star Wars is a dynamic world, my peer; filled with surprises. Otherwise, it will be a boring subject.

Their is no reason to underestimate Satele's capabiliites due to the reason that she could not contend with Malgus in a lightsaber duel. Malgus is extremely potent with a lightsaber; he packs lot of brutish strength and sufficient skill to overwhelm competent battlemasters, let alone lesser martial opponents.

If Satele can block lightsaber strike with bare hands; possibilities for her are enormous in near death like situations. Therefore, it is certainly possible that her clash with Sidious may end up in a stalemate. Not to forget that Satele packs enormous strength as well as apparent from her tree feat during a duel.

I am well aware Satele is powerful. Here's the thing though. As far as I'm concerned powerscaling wise. Sidious even as of ROTS is a top tier force user above all of TOR. Viitate is a top tier force user above everyone else in TOR.

Here's the difference between TOR and the PT.

In the PT Sidious isn't alone; Mace Windu, Dooku, and Yoda are all able to contend with him.

In TOR even other powerhouses like Revan, Satele, and Malgus are weaker than he is by a good degree. Only the Hero of Tython can really contend with him as stated multiple times in canon.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ascendancy
?
- Luke?
- Yoda?
- Mace?
- Hero of Tython?
- Darth Marr?

S_W_LeGenD
I am well aware Satele is powerful. Here's the thing though. As far as I'm concerned powerscaling wise. Sidious even as of ROTS is a top tier force user above all of TOR.
I don't think that he is above all of TOR as of ROTS.

Their are some extreme bad@sses in TOR era who may be tougher then even Plagueis.

Viitate is a top tier force user above everyone else in TOR.
Indeed! Even a contender for the most powerful Sith in the mythos.

Here's the difference between TOR and the PT.

In the PT Sidious isn't alone; Mace Windu, Dooku, and Yoda are all able to contend with him.

In TOR even other powerhouses like Revan, Satele, and Malgus are weaker than he is by a good degree. Only the Hero of Tython can really contend with him as stated multiple times in canon.
- Hero of Tython
- First Son
- Barsen'thor
- Darth Jadus
- Darth Marr
- Darth Thanaton
- Mysterious Sith Inquisitor
- Second Emperor's Hand

All of these guys are insanely powerful.

Also, Revan, Satele and Malgus are also among the ELITES in the mythos.

NewGuy01
Also, even if her Force powers are so beastly, she seems to lack greatly in saber prowess. Just image what Bane, Dooku or, stars help her, Sidious would do to her

I see what you did there... smile

axel_jovan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I see what you did there... smile
thumb up big grin

axel_jovan
- Luke?
- Yoda?
- Mace?
- Hero of Tython?
- Darth Marr?
Hero of Tython defeated Sidious.. eek!

ares834
- Darth Marr?

laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
Hero of Tython defeated Sidious.. eek!
Last time I checked, he didn't existed during the era of Sidious.

However, Hero of Tython have defeated master swordsmen and even struck down a Voice of the Emperor. He is exceptionally skilled in the arts of lightsaber combat.

Don't assume that only individuals in PT or later eras could be great duelists but not in previous eras.

Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud
Laugh at this:

Warlord and master of the dark side, Darth Marr is the most senior member of the Dark Council. When Marr speaks, he commands the attention of the entire Dark Council with intimidating authority and stern wisdom. (Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia)

Tales spread through the Republic of the masked Dark Council member who routed whole armies and deflected assaults more thoroughly than any planetary shield. (Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia)

ares834
laughing out loud

-Pr-
I'm assuming that all of these feats are coming from the books, right?

Can someone recommend which would be the best book about Satele?

ares834
She is in Fatal Alliance but that was a terrible book...

The only TOR book that is good is Decived. I'd recommend it although Satele plays no part in it.

S_W_LeGenD
laughing out loud
Of course you are speechless. smokin'

-Pr-
She is in Fatal Alliance but that was a terrible book...

The only TOR book that is good is Decived. I'd recommend it although Satele plays no part in it.

Thanks; I'll look them up.

ares834
No prob.

Of course you are speechless. smokin'

Why would I be speechless? He is a "warlord" and a "master of the dark side"... Yawn.

As for the rest I point to one key word: tales. Get back to me once Marr does something.

S_W_LeGenD
Why would I be speechless? He is a "warlord" and a "master of the dark side"... Yawn.

As for the rest I point to one key word: tales. Get back to me once Marr does something.
Description have been provided about how potent he is. If you want feats then I cannot help you in this case. Also, dependency upon just "feats" to evaluate characters is premature. Characters with grand feats also loose in fights as apparent from many examples. In the meantime, use common sense.

In case of feats based logic; Darth Jadus (a peer of Darth Marr) was capable of performing extraordinary ones. And yet, it is being argued that Darth Marr is more powerful.

ares834
laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
The best you can offer is trolling?

ares834
I'd offer a counter argument if an actual argument was presented. But it's clear I'm not getting one here.

S_W_LeGenD
I'd offer a counter argument if an actual argument was presented. But it's clear I'm not getting one here.
You are unfamiliar with the background of this character and how he can be evaluated. You are at the loss of words due to the impressive hype this character have received and you reacted with trolling like that former member Rookwood did not long ago when he lost in a debate.

Darth Marr has lasted several decades in a Council where some don't even last a month. He is so adept in dark arts that he has been labelled as a master of the dark side. He is also extremely proficient in the use of lightsaber. He fears nothing and he has routed whole armies as per the tales that have spread within the Republic ranks. Among his peers are individuals such as Darth Jadus who can match Nihilus in feats and yet Darth Marr is the most feared member of the Council.

Q99
If you last 40+ years on the Dark Council, then you're definitely doing something right, but it doesn't mean that's purely due to being crazy powerful. He could just be very powerful, and a much smarter than most, able to play his foes against each other and use assets well and such.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
If you last 40+ years on the Dark Council, then you're definitely doing something right, but it doesn't mean that's purely due to being crazy powerful. He could just be very powerful, and a much smarter than most, able to play his foes against each other and use assets well and such.
Every individual in the Council gets challenged within the Council chambers and also outside. Competiton is extremely cut-throat in the Empire. Darth Marr is noted for his prowess in combat specially.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.