Sith vs. Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolfpack86
FIRST FIGHTS: Saber vs. Saber, the best of the best dark vs. light. Your opinions? Your top 5 for each side?

Dark Sabers:
1)Darth Sidious
2)Darth Tyranus
3)Darth Maul
4)Darth Vader
5)Darth Caedus

Light Sabers:
1)Yoda
2)Luke (new order)
3)Mace Windu
4)Revan Redeemed
5)Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nephthys
Jedi imo.

Vensai
Are this many combatants allowed in a vs thread? I thought the limit was three or something?

Anyway, jedi win.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 is better.

Vorpal Ruin
Imo the top 3 Jedi beat any of the Sith, giving the Jedi the majority in most fights.

Ascendancy
The Sith never had a chance with that line up vs Luke, Yoda, and Mace.

axel_jovan
Jedi take this.

Q99
I think Maul is a weak link.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Q99
I think Maul is a weak link.

Maul is pretty powerful. He has telekinetically hurled a ship, force pulled/collapsed large portions of a cave, and has ragdolled Kenobi with the force. Not to mention he is an extremely skilled duelist, who has whooped Kenobi's ass on one occasion despite having not been in a duel in over a decade and having legs that he wasn't accustomed to.

Feat-wise, I'd say he is better than Revan.

mnat801
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Not to mention he is an extremely skilled duelist, who has whooped Kenobi's ass on one occasion despite having not been in a duel in over a decade and having legs that he wasn't accustomed to. Huh? Are you referring to the Season 4 finale? You do know that Savage and Maul had been beating him to a pulp, so he was in no condition to fight. Filoni confirms this. So Maul's 'ragdolling' doesn't count.

S_W_LeGenD
Feat-wise, I'd say he is better than Revan.
He isn't.

- Revan hurled a heavy object (bigger then human) towards the position of grenades an instant before they detonated. I have never seen an example of a heavy object hurled around with this much speed.

- Revan effortlessly destroyed a large stone structure from afar to block the path of reinforcements towards the throne room. I guess that this effort took a fraction of his power.

- Revan's feat against blast doors is about self-control. He didn't wanted to destroy these doors as part of his plan. Once inside the throne room, he shut them back.

- Aboard Foundary, Revan bombarded the region with gigantic space rocks. Though this from gameplay, it is an indication that Revan's telekinetic abilities are very impressive.

Also, Drew made it clear to me via personal communication that Revan could collapse a gigantic structure (aka large building) with the Force if he really wanted to in the right state of mind.

Bro, you don't compare Revan with (B types).

Combat performance wise, Revan trumps Maul badly.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by mnat801
Huh? Are you referring to the Season 4 finale? You do know that Savage and Maul had been beating him to a pulp, so he was in no condition to fight.

How was he in no condition to fight? He fought Didn't he? He had no broken bones. He didn't he have any open wounds, so it's not like he was losing blood or anything. If he had a concussion, he didn't show any signs. So again, how was he in no condition to fight? Are you forgetting how fast a force user can recover from physical attacks.

Filoni confirms this.

Quote, please?

Filoni did say that Kenobi wasn't in the right mindset. But look at Maul, he hadn't even been in a duel in over a decade, and had new legs that he wasn't accustomed to.

So Maul's 'ragdolling' doesn't count.

Yes, Maul ragdolling Kenobi with the force does count, since he's done it numerous times.

mnat801
How was he in no condition to fight? He fought Didn't he? He was in no condition to fight because Maul and Opress were beating him up. People tend to be better of in battles when they haven't been battered and bruised before hand. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.

Also, in the episode Landing at Point Rain, we see Kenobi is in no condition to fight as his gunship crashed and he gets injured. Some clones sit him down away from the battle, but he soon realises that he is needed, so, while injured, he stands and ignites his lightsaber to help, and then Anakin turns up, and he is able to sit down again.

He had no broken bones. He didn't he have any open wounds, so it's not like he was losing blood or anything. If he had a concussion, he didn't show any signs. So again, how was he in no condition to fight? Are you forgetting how fast a force user can recover from physical attacks. No, he didn't, but he had bruises all over, and a black eye. I don't tend to see force users recover immediately... That sounds more like Wolverine..

Quote, please?

Filoni did say that Kenobi wasn't in the right mindset. But look at Maul, he hadn't even been in a duel in over a decade, and had new legs that he wasn't accustomed to. Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Filoni said Kenobi wasn't in the right mindset. And why's that? Oh yeah, because Savage and Maul had been beating him up. Why else would have Filoni said that? Because Kenobi just didn't feel like it? Yeah I don't think so..

And yes, Maul is also disadvantaged from having Grevious-like legs and years without dueling, so that confirms even more that it was an unfair fight, in which we shouldn't be referring to.

A better comparison would be present Maul, with the new human-like legs, and the Obi Wan that had the right mindset in Revival.

Yes, Maul ragdolling Kenobi with the force does count, since he's done it numerous times. In Revival? Yeah that does count, but even that was due to Kenobi being too much for both Savage and Maul in the lightsaber department.

DARTH POWER
Whoaa S66 sticking up for Maul?

Or does he just really hate Kenobi? Hmm

Also, in the episode Landing at Point Rain, we see Kenobi is in no condition to fight as his gunship crashed and he gets injured. Some clones sit him down away from the battle, but he soon realises that he is needed, so, while injured, he stands and ignites his lightsaber to help, and then Anakin turns up, and he is able to sit down again.

Not really relevant considering he actually had broken bones in that one.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Filoni said Kenobi wasn't in the right mindset. And why's that? Oh yeah, because Savage and Maul had been beating him up. Why else would have Filoni said that? Because Kenobi just didn't feel like it? Yeah I don't think so..
And yes, Maul is also disadvantaged from having Grevious-like legs and years without dueling, so that confirms even more that it was an unfair fight, in which we shouldn't be referring to.

The "wrong mind set" he referred to was when Opress battered him. He wasn't expecting Opress to be there and wasn't even sure if it really was Maul.

Filoni actually said in an interview with IGN that Maul did really well to beat Obi-Wan in that first fight considering he'd been out of action for so long.
But I agree with you that both combatants were facing disadvantages
in that first fight so it's not a good one to refer to.

A better comparison would be present Maul, with the new human-like legs, and the Obi Wan that had the right mindset in Revival.

True and I agree Kenobi was the better duelist. But let's face it he was never exactly "stomping" Maul, and never actually defeated him even in the "right mindset."

mnat801
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Whoaa S66 sticking up for Maul?

Or does he just really hate Kenobi? Hmm

Not really relevant considering he actually had broken bones in that one. It's the concept that is relevant. Just because Kenobi didn't have broken bones this time doesn't mean he was perfectly fine to duel. He was still clearly injured.

All I'm trying to say is that it's sorta unfair to compare 2 individuals when one has been beaten up and one hasnt dueled in over ten years. This should be clear due to how vastly different Kenobi's performance was in the next episode.

The "wrong mind set" he referred to was when Opress battered him. He wasn't expecting Opress to be there and wasn't even sure if it really was Maul.

Filoni actually said in an interview with IGN that Maul did really well to beat Obi-Wan in that first fight considering he'd been out of action for so long.
But I agree with you that both combatants were facing disadvantages
in that first fight so it's not a good one to refer to. Pretty much my point.

True and I agree Kenobi was the better duelist. But let's face it he was never exactly "stomping" Maul, and never actually defeated him even in the "right mindset." Yeah, definitely wasn't a stomping. And yeah, he technically didn't defeat Maul. But all the while, Savage and Maul were the ones fleeing from Kenobi.

Vensai
It's the concept that is relevant. Just because Kenobi didn't have broken bones this time doesn't mean he was perfectly fine to duel. He was still clearly injured.

All I'm trying to say is that it's sorta unfair to compare 2 individuals when one has been beaten up and one hasnt dueled in over ten years. This should be clear due to how vastly different Kenobi's performance was in the next episode.

Pretty much my point.

Yeah, definitely wasn't a stomping. And yeah, he technically didn't defeat Maul. But all the while, Savage and Maul were the ones fleeing from Kenobi.

A tactical retreat signals that one has been defeated. Does that mean that Yoda did not defeat Dooku just because Dooku decided to flee? Also, Filoni has stated that the brothers did not tie with Kenobi. And Kenobi definitely did not lose to them.

mnat801
Originally posted by Vensai
A tactical retreat signals that one has been defeated. Does that mean that Yoda did not defeat Dooku just because Dooku decided to flee? Also, Filoni has stated that the brothers did not tie with Kenobi. And Kenobi definitely did not lose to them. I guess so. That's what I initially thought.

ares834
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Imo the top 3 Jedi beat any of the Sith, giving the Jedi the majority in most fights.

Nah. Neither Mace nor Yoda has what it takes to defeat DE Sidious.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ares834
Nah. Neither Mace nor Yoda has what it takes to defeat DE Sidious.

I say thee Nay!

Lucas said "You have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor.."

The one who can't compete is DE Luke, simply because he's not Mace or Yoda.

There's no context to that quote at all! It applies every time to every situation. Luke can't compete in Sabers, Force, All-Out. Heck not even in a Farting contest.

There's simply no version of Luke that could compete with Sidious in any way whatsoever. Why? He's not Mace or Yoda.

Not even with Leia's help. Because she's not Mace or Yoda either. And Lucas said that in DIRECT response to Jedi who HAD HELP. So help won't help either.

Nothing will help those who are not Mace or Yoda!

NewGuy01
Luke is also well-known to be twice as powerful as the Emperor. :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.