Simon Phoenix vs Riddick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
H2H Who wins?

juggerman
Riddick

Ascendancy
Riddick. Phoenix didn't do anything insanely impressive. He had good martial arts skills via his programming, but the kills Riddick pulled off were on a higher level. Phoenix only survived as long as he did because he had goons aiding him. Not dismissing him entirely, but you have to remember that Riddick also had some innate ability added because of his ancestry and the amp he was given by the laying on of hands.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Riddick. Phoenix didn't do anything insanely impressive. He had good martial arts skills via his programming, but the kills Riddick pulled off were on a higher level. Phoenix only survived as long as he did because he had goons aiding him. Not dismissing him entirely, but you have to remember that Riddick also had some innate ability added because of his ancestry and the amp he was given by the laying on of hands. Most of riddick's kills were weapon aided so they won't mean anything here because it's h2h. Phoenix from what i remember of the movies was both the better h2h fighter and stronger, Riddick was faster and more agile but it's not as if he was so much faster he will be dancing around phoenix. I think Phoenix wins h2h.

KingD19
Riddick with his arm extended caught a full grown man jumping at him by the throat and stopped the guy cold. Riddick's arm didn't even budge. Then he held him off the ground with one hand before picking him up over his head and slamming him down hard enough to make him bounce off of solid stone. He also showed impressive strength flipping Kyra(easily 110+) through the air and keeping her up there when they were fighting the Necro's. And when he was fighting the Lord Marshall, he knocked him a good 15-20 feet with an uppercut.

No way is Phoenix stronger, and it's doubtful he's a better fighter.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Riddick with his arm extended caught a full grown man jumping at him by the throat and stopped the guy cold. Riddick's arm didn't even budge. Then he held him off the ground with one hand before picking him up over his head and slamming him down hard enough to make him bounce off of solid stone. He also showed impressive strength flipping Kyra(easily 110+) through the air and keeping her up there when they were fighting the Necro's. And when he was fighting the Lord Marshall, he knocked him a good 15-20 feet with an uppercut.

No way is Phoenix stronger, and it's doubtful he's a better fighter.

Not sure about the stronger part, although I tend to agree that Riddick is stronger, but Simon was programmed with a whole load of known martial arts, kinda like Neo. It would be pretty hard to top him in the skill department.

thanos-prime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOQitInC84
Start at 1:47 better than any of riddick's feats i remember, Did riddick even fight anyone h2h? i don't think he did if not i don't see how it's doubtful Phoenix is better

FrothByte
Originally posted by thanos-prime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOQitInC84
Start at 1:47 better than any of riddick's feats i remember, Did riddick even fight anyone h2h? i don't think he did if not i don't see how it's doubtful Phoenix is better

After seeing that video I think I have to change my earlier statement on Riddick being stronger. Simon casually tossing a grown man with one arm like that is a pretty impressive strength feat.

Scarlet Fox
I say Riddick wins.

Are you telling me with all the jails Riddick has been in he didnt develop any H2H skills? Doutful. But not only that Simon wouldnt even see Riddick coming. Simon was never observant in the least and with Riddicks skill in hiding for the Assassin kill there is no way Simon would win.

Even if it was an Even fight, Riddick would knock the lights out and leave Simon in the dark and with Riddicks 'I see you!' in the dark skills... No way Simon wins.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
I say Riddick wins.

Are you telling me with all the jails Riddick has been in he didnt develop any H2H skills? Doutful. But not only that Simon wouldnt even see Riddick coming. Simon was never observant in the least and with Riddicks skill in hiding for the Assassin kill there is no way Simon would win.

Even if it was an Even fight, Riddick would knock the lights out and leave Simon in the dark and with Riddicks 'I see you!' in the dark skills... No way Simon wins. If riddick didn't display any h2h ability's we can't assume he has them.
the default settings gives a distance they start from and states they are aware of each others presence, He won't be able to stealth.

The only time Riddick has ever done this is when he was greatly outmatched, And given default settings i don't believe he would be able to do it anyway.

FrothByte
I say Riddick wins.

Even if it was an Even fight, Riddick would knock the lights out and leave Simon in the dark and with Riddicks 'I see you!' in the dark skills... No way Simon wins.

Well, assuming that a person learned h2h skills while in prison is somewhat different from giving a person mastery of multiple martial art forms. Martial arts that would usually require a lifetime to master.

As for the stealth/assassin argument, sure if they were hunting each other through a dark city, I'd give the fight to Riddick.

But in fair, open combat, those skills won't come into play and Phoenix's superior skill will prove superior.

golem370
Riddick imo. Riddick made Lord Marshall bleed according to wiki he knows a mixture of three fighting styles Krav Maga, Eskrima, & Ninjutsu

Scarlet Fox
You cant Assume he doesnt have any H2H skill either.

In Chronicles of Riddick he is dropped in Crematoria and does well against the ppl who bum rush him and he has no weapons then.

FrothByte
You cant Assume he doesnt have any H2H skill either.

In Chronicles of Riddick he is dropped in Crematoria and does well against the ppl who bum rush him and he has no weapons then.

Oh I'm not assuming that he doesn't. Riddick has shown to be proficient in h2h. Just saying that Riddick had to learn his the hard way, and we don't know just how proficient he is with it, whereas Simon Phoenix was automatically given full proficiency of multiple martial arts as well as getting his strength and speed amped up (at least from what I recall).

thanos-prime
Originally posted by golem370
Riddick imo. Riddick made Lord Marshall bleed according to wiki he knows a mixture of three fighting styles Krav Maga, Eskrima, & Ninjutsu He was bleeding due to the cut from the knife throw not due to any hth prowess on riddick's part infact riddick was getting tooled in the lord marshal fight.

Screen feats > Wiki, and riddick has none that compare to phoenix.

Ascendancy
So you're going to tell me then that Phoenix would have survived the fight with the Lord Marshall? Further, you're going to tell me that he could survive a blast from Riddick's Furyon energy that he was infused with and used to kill multiple necros at once? Like I said, Phoenix is no slouch, but Riddick doesn't only show superhuman strength and feats, he literally is superhuman via his lineage and amping.

thanos-prime
So you're going to tell me then that Phoenix would have survived the fight with the Lord Marshall? Further, you're going to tell me that he could survive a blast from Riddick's Furyon energy that he was infused with and used to kill multiple necros at once? Like I said, Phoenix is no slouch, but Riddick doesn't only show superhuman strength and feats, he literally is superhuman via his lineage and amping. Im not using the animated film in this match just the movies and anyway i don't see what relevance him shooting energy has to do with a hth fight. I also don't see what him getting his head beaten in by LM has to do with this fight he didn't survive due to any hth prowess but because LM was playing with him.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Im not using the animated film in this match just the movies and anyway i don't see what relevance him shooting energy has to do with a hth fight. I also don't see what him getting his head beaten in by LM has to do with this fight he didn't survive due to any hth prowess but because LM was playing with him.

The Lord Marshall tried to rip his soul from his body. Don't try and act like it was all a game. You can clearly see the point in the fight when the Lord Marshall realizes that he needs to go all out to kill him.

The energy blast and strength feats I'm referring to are from the film. I've never seen the animated one. The relevance of the energy blast is that it's something he's capable of unleashing. You're literally talking about a superhuman level fighter vs one whose mind is trained in combat skills.

Neither John Spartan nor Phoenix are on the same level as Riddick strength or speed wise.

thanos-prime
The Lord Marshall tried to rip his soul from his body. Don't try and act like it was all a game. You can clearly see the point in the fight when the Lord Marshall realizes that he needs to go all out to kill him.

The energy blast and strength feats I'm referring to are from the film. I've never seen the animated one. The relevance of the energy blast is that it's something he's capable of unleashing. You're literally talking about a superhuman level fighter vs one whose mind is trained in combat skills.

Neither John Spartan nor Phoenix are on the same level as Riddick strength or speed wise. Again the only thing relevant in this fight is what riddick did hth withstanding soul ripping with your will has no relevancy here. The only portion of the LM riddick fight relevant here is the hth part in which Riddick got tool'd.

I do not recall him using an energy blast but it doesn't matter as the fight is hth, I don't recall you bringing up any strength feats as good as the one i showed for simon. I already stated i believe Riddick is faster but not fast enough to dance around or make a fool of simon.

Simon wins 6/10

NemeBro
Riddick uppercutting the Lord Marshall and overpowering a Bio Raptor are better than any strength feats Simon has to his name.

thanos-prime
The uppercut is not as good as simon throwing that cop gonna try to find riddick overpowering a bioraptor.

thanos-prime
Not sure which bioraptor he overpowered if your referring to the one he locked up with while it was flying at him he didn't overpower it just held it there and took advantage and killed it when it pulled it's head back to attack.

NemeBro
He completely halted its forward momentum long enough to pull its intestines out.

And lol at this guy.

Riddick sent the Lord Marshall further than Simon sent the cop. It is easier to throw something a certain distance than it is to punch it there.

golem370
Riddick was also exposed to the heat on Crematoria to the point he was steaming and he kept going

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
Riddick sent the Lord Marshall further than Simon sent the cop. It is easier to throw something a certain distance than it is to punch it there.

I disagree. A focused punch is a lot more explosive and powerful than a simple push or pull. Shattering glass with a punch is easier to do than trying to shatter it by casually pushing or pulling against it.

So, Simon casually tossing a grown cop through the air with one hand is a better display of strength simply because it's more difficult to do than Riddick power punching someone through the air.

Phoenix was also electrocuted, and he took about 2 secs. to blink it off.

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
Phoenix was also electrocuted, and he took about 2 secs. to blink it off.

No he wasn't...

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
No he wasn't...

Yes he was. Or at least, it depends on where you get your definition for electrocution. As per Merriam Webster it is:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.