Image Editing Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bluewaterrider
Trying to master Microsoft paint.

Am having some difficulty transforming info saved from one format to another. jpg versus bitmap versus png etcetera.

Decided it would be a good idea to have a thread where people can experiment a bit as well as help each other, so ...

Barker
babby mastering paint

focus4chumps
mastering ms paint...talk about a winning resume bullet-point.

LanceWindu
To be fair, I've seen some awesome art come from Paint, but (and I mean BUT) it's very hard to do and takes a lot of time. You're better off with Photoshop, GIMP, or Pixlr if you want to do anything extensive.

jaden101
Mastered paint.

Scarlet Fox
Got bored. Painted it.

Robtard
^
Hahaaha.Ha.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Got bored. Painted it.

Joking aside:

1) That IS a very good paint job that you did.

2) If you load up both your scan and my original in a folder,
or simply cycle through those 2 images using tabbed browsing, you should note what I mean.

Your image, presumably a ".jpg" image(?), has lost the brightness and flesh tones of my original. Where the legs or hands of Shermie, or face and hands of Heidern and Saisyu, are beige or brown in mine, they are nearly gray in yours. It's as if someone hit a light-dimming switch.

I don't really know why this occurs in paint, or how to prevent this.
The only clue I've gotten is that, trying to go from ".png" format to ".jpg" format, I get the message "any transparency will be lost, do you want to continue?".

I suppose I want to know if there's a way to preserve whatever a "transparency" is in Paint when saving to ".jpg" format, or some other means of guarding against the change in lighting and background.

Scarlet Fox
Not sure. Maybe save it as something other then JPG. I like to do that, though as you say it tends to tone it down a bit, because it tends to Blend colors too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.