Cin Drallig (ROTS) VS. Darth Maul (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Excalibur2776
Who would win in a battle to the death?
Setting: Endor

mnat801
I'd say Maul with some difficulty.

axel_jovan
Maul wins.

Vensai
Darth Maul has better fights like fighting against a jedi master and padawan at once and winning as well as beating Savage, who Dooku considers dangerous.

Cin Drallig is a great swordsman but that doesn't mean he has the TK to beat Maul. Besides, knowing many styles doesn't make one an upper tier swordsman.

CountDooku22
Cin Drallig wins.

Whereas Maul was beaten by an enraged Padawan - Cin Drallig was quoted to be one of the few that could kill General Grievous, who himself could kill TPM Maul:

"I pity you should you have to face off against any of the Council members. Must I demonstrate what would happen should you fight Obi-Wan Kenobi or Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, or stars help you, Yoda?"
- Count Dooku to General Grievous, Labyrinth of Evil

As General Grievous could beat either Padawan Obi-wan or Maul in combat, this would be a very close fight between the Battlemaster and Sith Apprentice, no doubt.

But Cin Drallig wins.

ares834
Drallig was casually bested by Anakin....

Don't see how he has a chance against Maul.

Q99
Originally posted by CountDooku22
Cin Drallig wins.

Whereas Maul was beaten by an enraged Padawan - Cin Drallig was quoted to be one of the few that could kill General Grievous, who himself could kill TPM Maul:

"I pity you should you have to face off against any of the Council members. Must I demonstrate what would happen should you fight Obi-Wan Kenobi or Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, or stars help you, Yoda?"
- Count Dooku to General Grievous, Labyrinth of Evil

As General Grievous could beat either Padawan Obi-wan or Maul in combat, this would be a very close fight between the Battlemaster and Sith Apprentice, no doubt.

But Cin Drallig wins.

Wasn't Grievous still in training when Dooku said that quote?

(I could be wrong)

Based
Originally posted by ares834

Where? In the video game?

CountDooku22

Originally posted by Based
Where? In the video game?

It is unknown if Cin Drallig was as much of a challenge for Darth Vader as depicted in the game since only a brief portion of the fight with Vader is shown.

Their fight could have been longer; shorter, whichever. It's not explained.

All that is known, is that aside from falling to someone who could rape TPM Maul, Cin Drallig was directly quoted by Count Dooku, as being one of the Jedi who could very much kill the Cyborg General in combat.

Originally posted by Q99
Wasn't Grievous still in training when Dooku said that quote?

(I could be wrong)

It was the same early Grievous that murdered multiple Jedi on Geonosis and beyond, at that point.

Also, considering this was an un-injured Grievous (with abilities more akin to CW Grievous) this makes him just as deadly as his later incarnation, in terms of speed and agility.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.