Bane vs The Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Bane from Dark Knight Rises & Punisher Warzone for this one

Round 1- Random Encounter

Round 2- The Punisher fights Bane the same place Batman 1st fought him in the movie. Punisher only has knifes and brass knuckles.

Round 3- They both get a week of prep. (Both have access to their resources)

juggerman
1. Punisher shoots Bane in the eye

2. Bane wtf shit stomps Punisher

3. Bane destroys half the city, takes complete control of everything, and has an army behind him. Punisher gets around it all somehow and breaks Bane's face. But just as he's about to finish bane off Talia stabs him. Bane wins

KingD19
Punisher wins all three. This guy is pretty much superhuman and has no qualms with fighting dirty.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji

Round 2- The Punisher fights Bane the same place Batman 1st fought him in the movie. Punisher only has knifes and brass knuckles.

1) Frank shoots Bane dead.

2) Frank caves in Bane's face and if Bane is somehow still alive after having his face caved in, Frank cuts his throat.

3) There's a chance Bane might win this one. He probably still gets shot though along with his goons. 60/40 Punisher

FrothByte
Originally posted by Kazenji

1. Frank blows Bane up.
2. As good as Bane is in h2h, Punisher isn't no pushover either. And armed with knuckles and a knife? Frank bashes Bane's head in. Now if it was unarmed however...
3. Not sure about this one. Frank has some major arsenal, but Bane has his army plus he's supposed to be this tactical genius (with ninja moves to boot). I'm leaning a bit towards Bane here, simply coz we've never really seen the extent of his "resources" but have been hinted at how good he supposedly is. Still, I guess there's a good chance Frank can just snipe him.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by juggerman
1. Punisher shoots Bane in the eye

2. Bane wtf shit stomps Punisher

3. Bane destroys half the city, takes complete control of everything, and has an army behind him. Bane wins

This.

KingD19
No way in hell Bane beats Punisher if he has knucks and knives.

Darth Martin
Bane was the leader of the League of Shadows. A knife and brass knuckles are supposed to be a threat now?

This is a skilled brute who toyed with Batman, bobbing, weaving around, and catching punches thrown by Batman.

KingD19
Punisher is ex-military, and strong enough to cave a man's face in, literally crushing the entire front half of his skull.

Batman, for all his training showed painfully slow fight speed and wasn't all that great in a fight. As for Bane catching punches, he was stronger, and Punisher is stronger than him.

But if you take the strength to cave in a man's face, and put brass knuckles on top of that, and then put a knife in the other hand of a trained soldier who has no problem with murdering the people he's fighting(something Batman won't do), there is no way in hell Bane walks away from that fight.

Mindset
LoS training > military training

KingD19
Not going by shown feats.

And not once did Batman try to use the very lethal blades on his gauntlets except to go after Bane's mask. The fight would have gone a lot differently if he tried to slash him. Which Frank will be doing.

juggerman
Breaking pillars>>>breaking faces

the ninjak
Breaking pillars>>>breaking faces

That's a very good point.

Robtard
Batman took out Bane with nothing more than his weighted gloves and sword-catch on his foreman.

Brass-knuckles + knife + skull-caving-strength + highly trained and willful killer = dead Bane. Just the facts.

juggerman
Batman also lost to Bane and took several months contemplating his rematch with new insight on a potential weakness he could exploit. Frank doesn't get such insight. Frank never fought someone on Batman's level iirc and he sure didn't bully the shit outta them like Bane did.

Robtard
Batman lost to Bane cos he went in after years and years of being out of service and suffering from a laundry list of problems:

Doctor: I've seen worse cartilage in knees.
Bruce Wayne: That's good.
Doctor: No, that's because there is NO cartilage in your knee, and not much of any use in your elbows or your shoulders. Between that and the scar tissue on your kidneys, the residual concussive damage to your brain tissue, and the general scarred-over quality of your body, I cannot recommend that you go heliskiing, Mr. Wayne
Bruce Wayne: Right.

Then an 80's montage of prison pushups, pullups and willpower later, Batman beat the piss out of Bane. Frank doesn't suffer from years and years of inactivity or knackered joints. He'd also being going for kill shots and it's not hard to deduce that an asthmatic wearing a gas-mask needs said gas-mask.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Not going by shown feats.

And not once did Batman try to use the very lethal blades on his gauntlets except to go after Bane's mask. The fight would have gone a lot differently if he tried to slash him. Which Frank will be doing. Yes, going by feats.

Except for the time where, you know, he did...

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
Batman lost to Bane cos he went in after years and years of being out of service and suffering from a laundry list of problems:

Doctor: I've seen worse cartilage in knees.
Bruce Wayne: That's good.
Doctor: No, that's because there is NO cartilage in your knee, and not much of any use in your elbows or your shoulders. Between that and the scar tissue on your kidneys, the residual concussive damage to your brain tissue, and the general scarred-over quality of your body, I cannot recommend that you go heliskiing, Mr. Wayne
Bruce Wayne: Right.

Then an 80's montage of prison pushups, pullups and willpower later, Batman beat the piss out of Bane. Frank doesn't suffer from years and years of inactivity or knackered joints. He'd also being going for kill shots and it's not hard to deduce that an asthmatic wearing a gas-mask needs said gas-mask.

Yes but the "magic knee brace" gave him back his cartilage for some reason and it was never an issue again. He was also destroying Bane's henchmen(were they actually members of the LOS?) just like he used to take out ppl in his prime.

I agree in a random encounter Frank stomps. But h2h or with blades Bane is too fast, strong and durable. His LOS training alone puts him above Frank's skills. Now add into the fact that he uber raped the greatest LOS student like he was nothing. Bane wins the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Robtard
Yes but the "magic knee brace" gave him back his cartilage for some reason and it was never an issue again. He was also destroying Bane's henchmen(were they actually members of the LOS?) just like he used to take out ppl in his prime.

I agree in a random encounter Frank stomps. But h2h or with blades Bane is too fast, strong and durable. His LOS training alone puts him above Frank's skills. Now add into the fact that he uber raped the greatest LOS student like he was nothing. Bane wins the 2nd and 3rd rounds

An 80's montage has magic like powers, it makes no logical sense, but there it is. Goons are goons.

I'm uncertain of this "too fast", I don't recall Bane being a speed-fighter, but more like a tank. He is strong, so is Frank*. His durability in taking punches won't mean much when it's a knife cuttig him and brass-knuckles breaking his weak-spot, the mask.

*Dude's got a falcon punch as a feat:

oQImotdVzpk

jaden101
Bane's too difficult a character to use in these vs matches because the sheer difference between his 1st showing against Batman in the sewer and his 2nd showing in the street is just ridiculous and there's no apparent reason for the disparity...It's not like Batman is really any stronger or faster...Just that he's supposedly more determined yet somehow Bane went from being able to completely dominate him to being ***** slapped about without any real explanation.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
An 80's montage has magic like powers, it makes no logical sense, but there it is. Goons are goons.

I'm uncertain of this "too fast", I don't recall Bane being a speed-fighter, but more like a tank. He is strong, so is Frank*. His durability in taking punches won't mean much when it's a knife cuttig him and brass-knuckles breaking his weak-spot, the mask.

*Dude's got a falcon punch as a feat:

oQImotdVzpk

Bane reminds me of a young Mike Tyson. Tyson would always be remembered for his strength and knockout power. He was strong enough to walk through other boxer's punches. But people fail to recall that in his prime Tyson was incredibly hard to hit as well. He was very fast and nimble and had some of the best defense on any heavyweight boxer. Not to mention one of the fastest hand speeds on any heavyweight as well.

Same with Bane, we notice his power but fail to recognize his speed. First time I watched TDKR, all I remember from Bane was him tanking Batman's punching and simply overwhelming him with power and ferocity. Second time I watched it, I noticed how effortlessly Bane dodged or blocked Batman's hits when he wanted to. He also beat Batman to the punch almost all the time. The times he tanked Batman's hits weren't because he was too slow to avoid them buts simply coz he wanted to get hit.

So yeah, I definitely think Bane is faster than Frank. Stronger and more skilled as well. I, however, do not think that he's far enough above Frank in skill that a knife and brass knuckle would be ineffective. Pure hand to hand, Bane wins. Giving Frank melee weapons? Too much advantage for Frank. Would have been better if OP gave Bane the knuckles and Frank the knife.

Robtard
Have to disagree there. I just watched both the sewer fight and final fight of TDKRises; Bane is absolutely no young Tyson. Speed and weaving is practically non existant in his two fights, all-in-all, he fights like a brute who relies on his pain-meds to allow him to take hits. Tyson didn't take many hits in his prime, especially not full contacts to the face, his speed and power allowed him to end most fights before he tired out and started taking hits. His notorious defeat with Douglas was an example of what happens to Tyson when he can't end a fight before the first half and his ability to weave suffers.

We don't notice Bane's speed because Tom Hardy isn't some Tyson-like speed boxer and as far as I can tell, no SFX were done to make Bane look faster than Hardy could physically produce.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jaden101
Bane's too difficult a character to use in these vs matches because the sheer difference between his 1st showing against Batman in the sewer and his 2nd showing in the street is just ridiculous and there's no apparent reason for the disparity...It's not like Batman is really any stronger or faster...Just that he's supposedly more determined yet somehow Bane went from being able to completely dominate him to being ***** slapped about without any real explanation.

Batman broke his gas mask. Which caused Bane immense pain. The gas was a pain killer. That's what I thought anyway.
Either that or it's life support.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.