Character Ownage Thread - Brother in Law

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Let's all be real here...the ownage thread is the best thread we have on KMC but it keeps getting closed due to people (including myself) derailing the thread on scans that are being presented. This thread is to prevent that from happening.

If there is a scan that was presented in the ownage thread that you would either want to discuss or make corrections towards what was displayed, please bring it here along with the scans in question.

This isn't ownage thread...this is a thread based completely on topics...topics being discuss only in the ownage thread.

-Pr-
Didn't someone make one of these already?

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by -Pr-

Didn't someone make one of these already?

If they did, it didn't stick, and should have.

Good initiative, Carver.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
If they did, it didn't stick, and should have.

Good initiative, Carver.

Superman after being exposed to kryptonite and kryptonite removed from spiderman, Helps spiderman to deal with the parasite, In order to do this, He snatched Dr. doom's glove and tags the parasite right across the face, the parasite gets ko.

Superman then enters into a reactor prevents it from basically destroying earth.

After doom screamed like a little baby when Superman took his glove he decides to bail out. the scene you got is when he is escaping and Superman already contained the reactor with spiderman's help.

What else you want to know?

and to be honest the ownage thread is all fun a games, you get me and I'll get you.

I think I have seen lots of Superman ownage scans in there, but what is the need to prove them wrong, is the ownage thread. if they try to use those scans in a debate, then you get them there. that is when you get the context.

I think the similar thread was called myth buster?

Diesldude
^^ Or you can quote them here and then tell them to bring it.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Superman after being exposed to kryptonite and kryptonite removed from spiderman, Helps spiderman to deal with the parasite, In order to do this, He snatched Dr. doom's glove and tags the parasite right across the face, the parasite gets ko...

What else you want to know?

You misunderstand.

1) I don't always upload image attachments for IMMEDIATE relevance to the subject at hand, or even immediate discussion that day.

(In this case I did, but that's not always the case.)

2) The reason that Doom scan was posted was because I was struck by the resemblance of Doom in that scene to the Silver Surfer, riding on his board.
I've never seen Doom using his rockets depicted in way that so recalled that.
It suggests that this particular scene was handled by an artist either more connected with DC than Marvel during that company crossover, or one who worked extensively on some Surfer-related title.

to be honest the ownage thread is all fun a games, you get me and I'll get you.

I wasn't upset by you posting scenes from that crossover

1) Spider-Man is my favorite comicbook character
2) I am well aware Wonder Woman has been punked throughout comic history, as well as inconsistently and often unflatteringly portrayed
3) I'm genuinely happy anytime someone meets a request on my behalf; they don't have to take the time out of their day to do so

(BELIEVE me, I understand more than anyone how long it can take to upload these d--- things sad ...)

I think I have seen lots of Superman ownage scans in there, but what is the need to prove them wrong, is the ownage thread. if they try to use those scans in a debate, then you get them there. that is when you get the context.

I think the similar thread was called myth buster?

It's telling that neither you nor PR can fully recall where or even IF this versus discussion thread exists. And the fact is that debates often get shut down before people can address specific points, examine threads etcetera. Lastly, KMC threads of significant length are unwieldly.
It's not at all a bad thing if someone periodically creates an "adjunct" where people can better explore a subject.

Now, of course, what people actually DO with this thread, only time will tell ...there's a lot of ways to abuse this that people hopefully won't exploit ...

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Let's all be real here...the ownage thread is the best thread we have on KMC but it keeps getting closed due to people (including myself) derailing the thread on scans that are being presented. This thread is to prevent that from happening.

If there is a scan that was presented in the ownage thread that you would either want to discuss or make corrections towards what was displayed, please bring it here along with the scans in question.

This isn't ownage thread...this is a thread based completely on topics...topics being discuss only in the ownage thread. How about abiding the spirit of the ownage thread and the mod rulings instead of b!tching and moaning about scans?

There are no corrections to be made with ownage scans. Context means nothing because it's an ownage thread. It's just for laughs. These are comics, not real life.

After everything, if a person has a problem with an ownage scan in an ownage thread they can take the discussion to the appropriate vs thread or make a vs thread.

We're not going to have addendum ownage threads floating around because a very small minority of posters can't accept their favorite characters getting owned. Let's try this: STOP COMPLAINING AND LISTEN TO THE MODS! Don't spam the ownage thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.