Battery Life Question fo rAcer TravelMate 7730G

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

huizhou
I have a year old Acer TravelMate 7730G with the standard 6 cell battery. I have it constantly plugged into the power adapter or to the docking station.

Initially I had great Acer TravelMate 7730G battery life, probably 5 - 6 hours. Now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Is there still a Acer TravelMate 7730G battery "memory" problem with the current laptops?

Should I have not kept it plugged in to power all the time and instead let it run down and drain it as low as possible with normal use and then plug it in to recharge it once it has mostly completely drained the battery?

This summer, my son was watching a lot of videos and movies on the laptop at night and he'd have it hooked up to power as well.

Is there anything I can do moving forward to better preserve the battery life?

Should I just buy another Acer TravelMate 7730G battery (found a bunch at Amazon going for about $60 or so after shipping)?

And if I do buy another battery, is there any better protocol I should follow to prevent this from happening again - (if that is possible)?gooarea.com/acer-travelmate-7730g-series.html
batterietutti.com/acer-travelmate-7730g-series.html
buonabatteria.com/acer-travelmate-7730g-series.html
Thanks,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.