Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Rupert Wyatt is out the one who directed Rise and Matt Reeves is in

actors Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee are cast in lead roles and the film set 15 years after the events from the first film

Patient_Leech
Care to provide any links, good sir?

Kazenji
Its all on the net the news

but i suppose here's a link anyway

http://screenrant.com/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-kodi-smit-mcphee

steverules_2
Awesome, can't wait for a trailer...I guess this'll eventually lead to another remake of planet of the apes...or maybe it won't I dunno

Kazenji
Looking foward to what Matt Reeves does with the sequel, I liked his Let Me In remake.

Esau Cairn
I can't wait to see more GODDAMN APES on the big screen.
Really enjoyed the 1st one & can't wait for the sequel.

BruceSkywalker
will wait until the first teaser trailer to judge

jaden101
Dawn of the rise of the beginning of before the start of the precursor to the prologue of the planet of the apes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will wait until the first teaser trailer to judge

thumb up

as long as they don't do what they did with Rise, That first trailer they released for it was rubbish.

quanchi112
The first movie was awesome. I have high hopes and hope they can string together two very good movies. I was never a fan of this series prior to the last one.

dynamix
Rise was a great flick some i'm definitely looking forward to this one.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
thumb up

as long as they don't do what they did with Rise, That first trailer they released for it was rubbish.

yea it was , but then the film was pretty good

changealex
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" is set 15 years after the events of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and finds most of humanity wiped out and the intelligent apes ruling over the world. Part of the film's focus is said to be on a small group of San Francisco-based scientists that are forming a resistance against the apes and part follows Andy Serkis' Caesar as he, like his namesake, tries to maintain order and power within his new civilization.

Kazenji
Gary Oldman will play the leader of a human colony

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100975

steverules_2
Thats a good choice on their part, love Gary Oldman

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/417974_10151645542946788_619727074_n_zps89fc4780.jpg

Robtard
Gary Oldman will play the leader of a human colony

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100975

Sold

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I can't wait to see more GODDAMN APES on the big screen.
Really enjoyed the 1st one & can't wait for the sequel. I did really like the first and prior to wasn't a fan of this series at all.

Kazenji
The only ones liked before these new ones where the Original Apes movie and maybe the sequel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Sold Harry Potter actors always make things better.

Kazenji
He's been in other movies you knob.

quanchi112
He's been in other movies you knob. He really made his mark in Potter though.

Kazenji
Wasn't "That" great in Harry Potter.

quanchi112
Wasn't "That" great in Harry Potter. Hahaha wrong. Exceptional as Sirius. Granted though you love Ben Affleck so your opinion doesn't mean much.

I guess it's not Chasing Amy in your mind.

Kazenji
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hahaha wrong. Exceptional as Sirius. Granted though you love Ben Affleck so your opinion doesn't mean much.

Like you can distinguish between Opinion and Fact

and you love Voldermont so much you have his dick your arse

Never seen it...douchbag

for me its The recent Batman movies for him & Lawless, The Fifth Element and him as the voice of Viktor Reznov

quanchi112
Like you can distinguish between Opinion and Fact

and you love Voldermont so much you have his dick your arse

Never seen it...douchbag

for me its The recent Batman movies for him & Lawless, The Fifth Element and him as the voice of Viktor Reznov I can unlike you who seems like a butthurt victim.

Way to be classy.

Relax.

Hahahaah a Ben affleck fan who hasn't seen it. Pretender.

Kazenji
I can unlike you who seems like a butthurt victim.

The BS rader went right off the scales then

I never claimed to be a hardcore Ben Affleck fan, Which you seem to be making up yoursef

and thanks for derailing the thread.

quanchi112
The BS rader went right off the scales then

I never claimed to be a hardcore Ben Affleck fan, Which you seem to be making up yoursef

and thanks for derailing the thread. drama queen.

Robtard
Harry Potter actors always make things better.

Not that I expect you to know, but Gary Oldman had already grounded himself as a top-shelf actor long before his work in Harry Potter smile

quanchi112
Not that I expect you to know, but Gary Oldman had already grounded himself as a top-shelf actor long before his work in Harry Potter smile His coming out party was in Potter. Many great actors were in the Potter films.

Robtard
His coming out party was in Potter. Many great actors were in the Potter films.

How sad for you that you didn't know who Gary Oldman was before 2004, many great movies and roles of his you missed sad

Homework for you: Watch The Professional (1994) as a starter. We'll get that ignorance out of you in no time smile

quanchi112
How sad for you that you didn't know who Gary Oldman was before 2004, many great movies and roles of his you missed sad

Homework for you: Watch The Professional (1994) as a starter. We'll get that ignorance out of you in no time smile I knew about Gary Oldman when he starred in Bram Stokers Dracula opposite Keanu. Potter shined him off along with many others.

Robtard
I knew about Gary Oldman when he starred in Bram Stokers Dracula opposite Keanu. Potter shined him off along with many others.

Listen, I'm glad you just looked up Gary Oldman in IMDB (or similar), but you're not fooling anyone.

Watch The Professional (1994) tonight, well get to the other good ones later, no need to overwhelm yourself, baby-steps smile

quanchi112
Listen, I'm glad you just looked up Gary Oldman in IMDB (or similar), but you're not fooling anyone.

Watch The Professional (1994) tonight, well get to the other good ones later, no need to overwhelm yourself, baby-steps smile I own Dracula on VHS. Always liked that flick. Funny talk from a guy who lives off of Wikipedia.

I think I've already seen it and it sucked .

Robtard
I own Dracula on VHS. Always liked that flick. Funny talk from a guy who lives off of Wikipedia.

I think I've already seen it and it sucked .

You like to claim you own stuff on VHS a lot when you're shown to be wrong smile

See, you don't know = you've not seen smile Get on it now, your education begins tonight smile

quanchi112
You like to claim you own stuff on VHS a lot when you're shown to be wrong smile

See, you don't know = you've not seen smile Get on it now, your education begins tonight smile What other movie did I claim to own on VHS ?

About some shitty hitman who had a French accent. I can't remember the actors name though iirc he as in a Mission Impossible film.

Kazenji
drama queen.

Who?.......you...your right.

Robtard
What other movie did I claim to own on VHS ?

About some shitty hitman who had a French accent. I can't remember the actors name though iirc he as in a Mission Impossible film.

In one for the MVF threads, even claimed you'd take a picture with it to prove me wrong, can't recall the film, you've made so many claims now.

Yeah, you didn't watch it. Get on it, okay. Solid movie and performance by Gary Oldman.

focus4chumps

Watch The Professional (1994) tonight, well get to the other good ones later, no need to overwhelm yourself, baby-steps smile

sid and nancy was my favorite

now lets all point and laugh at quachi

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u561/focus4chumps/true_zps08608d06.gif

-Pr-
Not that I expect you to know, but Gary Oldman had already grounded himself as a top-shelf actor long before his work in Harry Potter smile

Pretty much.

quanchi112
In one for the MVF threads, even claimed you'd take a picture with it to prove me wrong, can't recall the film, you've made so many claims now.

Yeah, you didn't watch it. Get on it, okay. Solid movie and performance by Gary Oldman. I just looked it up the actor was Jeano Reno or something. I did see it many years ago but forgot Oldman was in it or even Portman although when I saw it was basically an unknown at the time.

The movie sucked from what I recall. Proved you wrong again.

quanchi112
Who?.......you...your right. No, you are the drama queen.

quanchi112
Originally posted by focus4chumps
sid and nancy was my favorite

now lets all point and laugh at quachi

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u561/focus4chumps/true_zps08608d06.gif Immaturity thy name is focus4chumps.

Robtard
I just looked it up the actor was Jeano Reno or something. I did see it many years ago but forgot Oldman was in it or even Portman although when I saw it was basically an unknown at the time.

The movie sucked from what I recall. Proved you wrong again.

What you did was look at IMDB and gleaned some quick info and are trying to use some comedy to cover it up smile

What you haven't done is seen The Professional, fix that, okay.

focus4chumps
"OMG GARY OLDMAN IS SOOOOO COOL! after watching harry potter i researched and found out that beforehand he was in a bunch of stupid old movies without CGI! LOL!"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/246/041/7ff.jpg

quanchi112
What you did was look at IMDB and gleaned some quick info smile

What you haven't done is seen The Professional, fix that, okay. Yes, I did because I never knew that shitty actors name. I saw it years ago. I remember thinking it was garbage then and never saw it again.

Robtard
Yes, I did because I never knew that shitty actors name. I saw it years ago. I remember thinking it was garbage then and never saw it again.

I'm thinking The Professional might be too much to as an ease-in. Maybe True Romance, though his role is pretty small, it's comical and shows his diversity. He plays Drexl, a vicious drug dealing pimp.

There's your new homework assignment, get on it tonight. We'll do The Professional later.

quanchi112
"OMG GARY OLDMAN IS SOOOOO COOL! after watching harry potter i researched and found out that beforehand he was in a bunch of stupid old movies without CGI! LOL!"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/246/041/7ff.jpg I always knew about him ever since Dracula. Relax.

quanchi112
I'm thinking The Professional might be too much to as an ease-in. Maybe True Romance, though his role is pretty small, it's comical and shows his diversity. He plays Drexl, a vicious drug dealing pimp.

There's your new homework assignment, get on it tonight. We'll do The Professional later. I saw it as a much younger Quan. Older Quan would hate it as well. Older Quan has better movie taste than your Die Hard loving ass.

Robtard
I saw it as a much younger Quan. Older Quan would hate it as well. Older Quan has better movie taste than your Die Hard loving ass.

Oh my, seems like you'll say "seen it, wasn't good" to any Oldman film I assign, even though it's blatantly obvious you've not seen them, as you think his career 'made its mark' after his Harry Potter role and that Sirius Black is his peak performance smile

quanchi112
Oh my, seems like you'll say "seen it, wasn't good" to any Oldman film I assign, even though it's blatantly obvious you've not seen them, as you think his career 'made its mark' after his Harry Potter role and that Sirius Black is his peak performance smile I never said I saw True Romance but based in your taste I won't see it now. Professional sucked.

Did any of his previous films make the kind of money the Poyter film made ?

focus4chumps
I never said I saw True Romance but based in your taste I won't see it now. Professional sucked.

you are entitled to your ludicrous and ignorant opinion, though you should watch the films for real and not just internet-win-pretend before you judge.

Robtard
I never said I saw True Romance but based in your taste I won't see it now. Professional sucked.

You're just slashing out now cos your lies have been exposed (again) smile

Wouldn't know, I don't base my enjoyment of a film and how I rate its quality on box office figures, that's your crutch smile

edit: But I would guess The Professional made a lot less $$$ than HP: The Prisoner of Azkaban

quanchi112
you are entitled to your ludicrous and ignorant opinion, though you should watch the films for real and not just internet-win-pretend before you judge. I never lie about what I watch a do not watch. Robbie likes to posture and flame. That's all he ever does.

quanchi112
You're just slashing out now cos your lies have been exposed (again) smile

Wouldn't know, I don't base my enjoyment of a film and how I rate its quality on box office figures, that's your crutch smile

edit: But I would guess The Professional made a lot less $$$ than HP: The Prisoner of Azkaban No, I saw Professional never True Romance. I never said I saw that anyway.

I don't rate it based of that but my own opinion. Objectively box office dollars show us what more people enjoyed.

Concession accepted.

Robtard
No, I saw Professional never True Romance. I never said I saw that anyway.

I don't rate it based of that but my own opinion. Objectively box office dollars show us what more people enjoyed.

Concession accepted.

Stop lying smile

And you like to bandwagon smile Going to be hilarious watching you lick Superman's gouch when MoS makes lots of $$$ smile

That's when I know, that you know, that you have nothing smile

quanchi112
Stop lying smile

And you like to bandwagon smile Going to be hilarious watching you lick Superman's gouch when MoS makes lots of $$$ smile

That's when I know, that you know, that you have nothing smile No, I am not but you do this all the time claim someone didn't watch the movie like a child.

It will make a ton of money and I may enjoy it but guess what I'll still hate Superman.

I liked the Batman films but didn't brag about them. You don't know me very well.

Potter film made more than any other Oldman film. Fact.

Robtard
No, I am not but you do this all the time claim someone didn't watch the movie like a child.

It will make a ton of money and I may enjoy it but guess what I'll still hate Superman.

I liked the Batman films but didn't brag about them. You don't know me very well.

Potter film made more than any other Oldman film. Fact.

Cos it's obvious you didn't smile

No, you'll secretly bandwagon. If you say "I hate Superman" still afterwards, it's cos you're scared of me and scared I'll point that I called it months beforehand smile

What does Batman have to do with anything here? And of course you liked the Batman films, they were popular with the crowds and made $$$ smile

I haven't researched the $$$ numbers. But Gary Oldman had already distinguished himself as a top-shelf actor before 2004; this is a fact, which you didn't know smile

quanchi112
Cos it's obvious you didn't smile

No, you'll secretly bandwagon. If you say "I hate Superman" still afterwards, it's cos you're scared of me and scared I'll point that I called it months beforehand smile

What does Batman have to do with anything here? And of course you liked the Batman films, they were popular with the crowds and made $$$ smile

I haven't researched the $$$ numbers. But Gary Oldman had already distinguished himself as a top-shelf after before 2004; this is a fact, which you didn't know smile You say this all the time. It's old and you do it all the time.

I will always hate Superman and I liked the Christopher Reeve Superman. My opinion has nothing to do with you.

The batman films were good but part 1 was definitely the best. Part 2 was the worst IMO.

He was a great actor but Harry Potter shoved him into the general publics lap more so than any other previous film. big grin

-Pr-
Saying Oldman was made by Potter is either just plain ignorant, or trolling. Probably both.

Leon, Nil By Mouth, Dracula, The Fifth Element, Batman Begins...

Robtard
You say this all the time. It's old and you do it all the time.

I will always hate Superman and I liked the Christopher Reeve Superman. My opinion has nothing to do with you.

The batman films were good but part 1 was definitely the best. Part 2 was the worst IMO.

He was a great actor but Harry Potter shoved him into the general publics lap more so than any other previous film. big grin

I'll make you a deal, stop lying about films you've seen when it's obvious you haven't; I'll stop pointing it out smile

MoS bandwagoning isn't far off smile Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Good for you?

Since when are Harry Potter viewers the epitome of "the general public"? It's sad you didn't know he was a well known actor before 2004 smile

quanchi112
I'll make you a deal, stop lying about films you've seen when it's obvious you haven't; I'll stop pointing it out smile

MoS bandwagoning isn't far off smile Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Good for you?

Since when are Harry Potter viewers the epitome of "the general public"? It's sad you didn't know he was a well known actor before 2004 smile You do it all the time it's your thing to distract from my points. You flame all the time. Very little substance to your arguments.

I said if its a good movie ill say so. First you say I'll jump on then you say I won't. You make no sense but one thing is for sure ill stay hate Superman at the end of the day.

I'm saying success determines what the general public deems a hit and what not. Potter films more of a hit than anything Goldman was in prior to.

Robtard
You do it all the time it's your thing to distract from my points. You flame all the time. Very little substance to your arguments.

I said if its a good movie ill say so. First you say I'll jump on then you say I won't. You make no sense but one thing is for sure ill stay hate Superman at the end of the day.

I'm saying success determines what the general public deems a hit and what not. Potter films more of a hit than anything Goldman was in prior to.

Says the guy using flaming and distraction tactics right now smile Says the guy who can't support his claims ever smile

Reading comprehension fail smile Sounds like you made up your mind already smile

And he was an established and well known solid performer before 2004 smile

LoL @ "Goldman" though.

quanchi112
Says the guy using flaming and distraction tactics right now smile Says the guy who can't support his claims ever smile

Reading comprehension fail smile Sounds like you made up your mind already smile

And he was an established and well known solid performer before 2004 smile

LoL @ "Goldman" though. I am not flaming but I know what will clear this up. You keep saying I don't own these movies and that I've lied so I know what I have to do.

I always have a pre judgment about any film but I won't like the Superman character. He's dull, boring, and played out.

G. Oldman. I guess a minor period typo has you laughing your ass off.

Robtard
I am not flaming but I know what will clear this up. You keep saying I don't own these movies and that I've lied so I know what I have to do.

I always have a pre judgment about any film but I won't like the Superman character. He's dull, boring, and played out.

G. Oldman. I guess a minor period typo has you laughing your ass off.

You stopping the nonsense, that smile

ie you've already made up your mind smile

Clam down, I was laughing with you at the "Goldman" typo. Relax smile

ps It would be a period and capitalization typo in that case smile

quanchi112
You stopping the nonsense, that smile

ie you've already made up your mind smile

Clam down, I was laughing with you at the "Goldman" typo. Relax smile

ps It would be a period and capitalization typo in that case smile I proved I owned the movies in the toff topic thread. You just saying I am lying is just a smokescreen to cover up your incompetent debating.

No, I hate the character but can enjoy the movie. You claimed I'd be a Superman fan. You couldn't be more wrong.

It is an Internet forum but I guess typos are you're kinda laughs.

Robtard
I proved I owned the movies in the toff topic thread. You just saying I am lying is just a smokescreen to cover up your incompetent debating.

No, I hate the character but can enjoy the movie. You claimed I'd be a Superman fan. You couldn't be more wrong.

It is an Internet forum but I guess typos are you're kinda laughs.

Anytime you want to get back to the topic of Dawn of The Planet of The Apes and off yourself(make a Quanchi OTF thread), it'll be good smile

quanchi112
Anytime you want to get back to the topic of Dawn of The Planet of The Apes and off yourself(make a Quanchi OTF thread), it'll be good smile I posted proof in the off topic thread in which you said I didn't own these movies.

Looks good. Liked the last one.

focus4chumps
He really made his mark in Potter though.

agreed

and say what you want about the 1985 transformers movie, but unicron was orson welles' breakthrough role.

quanchi112
agreed

and say what you want about the 1985 transformers movie, but unicron was orson welles' breakthrough role. I believe Welles died during the filming of so show some damn respect.

Patient_Leech
Caesar on a horse... lol

http://img.ly/system/uploads/007/312/429/large_upload.jpg

Kazenji
Welcome to the party, pal

that picture got posted on page 1.

Patient_Leech
Sorry, brah. Been out of the loop for a while. I've missed our wonderful conversations dearly.

I wish Jon Lithgow was gonna be in the sequel.. : ( Did he die the first one? shit, I don't even remember.. I guess he died along with everyone else?

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/apes_2_625_zps7999641e.jpg

more set photos in the link
http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/planet-of-the-apes/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes/set-photos

Kazenji
An older Caesar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/482u2748724268478_zpsc34fa96f.jpg

Patient_Leech
I wonder if he'll be wearing Depends for apes.

marwash22
any word on how much of a time-skip there will be?

edit:

10 years.

Twentieth Century Fox
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.

Tzeentch._
Franchise is already nuking the fridge.

Kazenji
Far from it....

Patient_Leech
Some pretty sweet new posters...

http://4-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.moviefanatic.com/images.moviefanatic.com/iu/t_xlarge_p/v1386781499/xdawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-poster.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zr4Ln3mNzk.jpg

(click poster for source)

Esau Cairn
Really keen to see the sequel, totally enjoyed the 1st one.
Any release dates yet?

Kazenji
I know this one has taken over Fast 7's release date.

marwash22
v0wP5ZkaUGg

roughrider
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes...Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes...

Aren't they essentially the same title? stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
They have to name it something with "Planet Of The Apes".

roughrider
He really made his mark in Potter though.

Gary Oldman was a highly regarded leading man & character actor before Harry Potter. The only thing before HP was he was getting too typecast in villainous roles. By the time he appeared in HP3, he was settling into being a character supporting actor in middle age.

I don't think there's a parallel between what happened to his career post HP and Alec Guinness doing Star Wars in the 1970's, which made him an icon for a young generation of new fans. Oldman also had The Dark Knight Trilogy going on at the same time as HP; you could make as much of a case playing Jim Gordon shot his career forward.

roughrider
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
They have to name it something with "Planet Of The Apes".

Rule Of The Planet Of The Apes?

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by roughrider
Rule Of The Planet Of The Apes?

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes?

I like Rule of... but Battle For... was one of the original movies.

Kazenji
Looks good

at least its better start then Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer's, That first trailer made it out to be shit.

siriuswriter
Saw trailer.

Major adrenaline rush!!!

siriuswriter
agreed

and say what you want about the 1985 transformers movie, but unicron was orson welles' breakthrough role.

*snorts*

Oh, quan. Figures that a dude who's most favorite person ever is Voldemort didn't know about some of Oldman's greatest roles... Happy Dance

Esau Cairn
I pity the fool that has never encountered Oldman prior to Harry Potter.

ares834
Originally posted by marwash22
v0wP5ZkaUGg

Awesome teaser trailer.

Patient_Leech
I pity the fool that has never encountered Oldman prior to Harry Potter.

thumb up

steverules_2
Looks awesome, Gary Oldman is amazing big grin

chinu
trailer looks promising...I must say a must watch movie

miker28
at the end of the 'planet of the apes' remake, they left us hanging. now, from 'rise' to 'dawn' the technology of the planet seems to have been crushed, what's the deal?

siriuswriter
Well, at the beginning of the trailer you find out that eight years have passed, and at the end of the previous movie, we knew that the monkey spray virus was going to be a massacre disease for the human race.

So the apes are trying to make the world go back to "natural," and the humans can't rebel because they're dying of disease, or killing each other.

Esau Cairn
I can't wait for the 3rd instalment where man & monkey finally breed with eachother.

Lestov16
There's been extensive discussion on the subject already

2bUoeYAEDUo

Lexington
cool trailer, thought it was a fake as I thought that I saw Gary Oldman from Batman Begins at 0.22, but its genuine.

Kazenji
Read the director for this movie will be back for the third one.

Kazenji
Viral Vids which depict the deterioration of New York, San Francisco and London after the Simian Flu

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=99509

Kazenji
All new trailer

http://www.superherohype.com/news/301609-watch-the-new-trailer-for-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes#/slide/1

jawdrop

marwash22
All new trailer

3sHMCRaS3ao

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnlszpEQo21qd8tfx.gif

Tzeentch
Interesting.

Robtard
What happend to the Franco?

Esau Cairn
What happend to the Franco?

Well apparently the sequel's set a decade later...I guess we can assume that Franco died with most of the population.

Kazenji
After that trailer i'm not watching any more footage

i'll wait for the release date.

Robtard
Well apparently the sequel's set a decade later...I guess we can assume that Franco died with most of the population.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Esau Cairn
I'VE GOT A HANDFUL OF POO & I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!

BruceSkywalker
might see

Raisen
This was a fantastic movie. I enjoyed it more than any film i've seen in years.

jinXed by JaNx
Saw this earlier today. It's fairly decent movie. I can't think of any complaints I had while watching the movie. I'm sure if I tried I could find a few. I'd recommend this movie for any one that has a passing interest in it. I never liked the original movies but I really enjoyed the last one. I think they did a fine job at developing, Ceasars character more. I would liked to have received a better understanding of the Apes overall intellect. By this I mean, I want to know if all of the Apes possess the intellectual potential of Ceasor. I think the thing I liked most about the movie is that there really wasn't a defined antagonist. I presumed that the film was going to force us as the audience to try and sympathize with one side over the other but like most wars there is no right or wrong side.

Estacado
Pretty hyped for this the previous was a great movie.

Kazenji
Most likely end up seeing this one this week

is there any signs of the humans starting to act dumb like what we got in the original movie?.

Raisen

is there any signs of the humans starting to act dumb like what we got in the original movie?.

you have some who create unnecessary problems due to being idiots. even the smart ones make bad decisions. you'll see what i'm talking about

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Saw this earlier today. It's fairly decent movie. I can't think of any complaints I had while watching the movie. I'm sure if I tried I could find a few. I'd recommend this movie for any one that has a passing interest in it. I never liked the original movies but I really enjoyed the last one. I think they did a fine job at developing, Ceasars character more. I would liked to have received a better understanding of the Apes overall intellect. By this I mean, I want to know if all of the Apes possess the intellectual potential of Ceasor. I think the thing I liked most about the movie is that there really wasn't a defined antagonist. I presumed that the film was going to force us as the audience to try and sympathize with one side over the other but like most wars there is no right or wrong side.

Thanks for the review. I'll see this damn movie, then.

I just saw the first one, yesterday. smile

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by dadudemon
Thanks for the review. I'll see this damn movie, then.

I just saw the first one, yesterday. smile

Awesome, we'll be waiting for the dudes damn review den.

jinXed by JaNx

No, there's none of that which I damn thankful for.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Raisen
you have some who create unnecessary problems due to being idiots. even the smart ones make bad decisions. you'll see what i'm talking about

Not quite what i'm thinking of

i mean with Planet of the Apes where the humans have 0% intelligence, Except for Taylor of course

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
No, there's none of that which I damn thankful for.

Ah okay

maybe a sequel further down the line.

Raisen
Not quite what i'm thinking of

i mean with Planet of the Apes where the humans have 0% intelligence, Except for Taylor of course

Ah okay

maybe a sequel further down the line.

i see what you mean. it's been so long that i really didn't piece together what you meant. That, and i'm still thinking about how stupid some of the human's actions were. not what you're talking about at all tho

you need to see this movie. it had everything. i enjoyed it more than any movie i've seen in years. yes, even my favorite superhero movies. i think this film was so well done

quanchi112
Very well done film. Loved the first and loved the second. Caesar is a really interesting character and the villain was very easy to hate. I can't wait to see where the series takes us next.

Firefly218
Easily best film of the year, so far. Maybe the most I enjoyed myself in theaters since Avengers.

If I had it my way, Andy Serkis wins the Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role.

Kazenji
Back from seeing this

a good sequel

4/5

still need to see the world eventually end up like it was in the original Planet of The Apes but its getting there.

Bella 101
I have to say l loved the last installiment of planet of the apes but a lot of critics critisized this film and said it wasnot the best but l see you guys seem to think it is good l will take this and see it and will be back on. This thread

Kazenji
Which critics?

alot of the ones that i've seen have have praised this movie.

Bentley
I'm loving these remakes, this was better than the original ending from the first series, pretty neat. I want to see the movies go further down into ape world and then have them introduce Taylor into the mix. Epic.

DARTH POWER
Movie was Awesome!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
and then have them introduce Taylor into the mix. Epic.

That's still possible since with "Rise" we saw the launch of the spaceship Icarus.

MummyRuby
Great!!

Zack Fair
Pretty good movie thumb up

This has been a great year man.

Estacado
Cool movie!
Glad that that phucker Koba got dropped....

Dreampanther
Finally saw this. Really liked it. Almost as much as the first one. Definitely the best scifi movie I have seen this year - Transcendence sucked and Lucy was okay here and there. Transformers was quite forgettable. Turtles was okay, like Lucy, in parts. Still haven't seen Guardians - predicting that Guardians will be my favourite, followed by Apes.

Patient_Leech
Watched this last night and it was surprisingly fantastic. But I didn't understand why they (the humans) brought that bad temper guy along (Carver?). F#ck that guy, he had no business on such a mission and nearly got them all killed.

Great movie, though. It puts all the great cinematic technology that is available now to good use.

Placidity
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
But I didn't understand why they (the humans) brought that bad temper guy along (Carver?). F#ck that guy, he had no business on such a mission and nearly got them all killed.

No different on KMC.

Bad temper, Hulk fanboy, you get the picture.

On a serious note, I believe he was an engineer and he used to work there. But turns out they didn't need him.

CharlesKohlmeie

Kazenji
Fox to Push 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Standout Andy Serkis in Supporting Category

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/fox-push-dawn-planet-apes-743984

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.