John McClane vs Frank Martin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet Fox
John McClane (Die Hard) vs Frank Martin (The Transporter)

Frank Martin has his Military Background, Hand to Hand Combat training, Improvisation to use unconventional weapons, a Sharpshooter, and his ability to do outrageous manuevers in a car while still able to control it and over all Experience.

John McClane has his police background. 'The McClane' Factor which is basically a high level of luck, and his own experience with terrorists.

Round 1 - Hand to Hand. Who can knock out the other first?
Round 2 - Unconventional weapons such as chairs, tables, fire hydrants, etc. Again who knocks out the other?
Round 3 - Hand guns. Pistols. This last round is one to the death. Who kills the other?

I am a McClane fan, but I am also a Frank Martin fan. This is why I made this Vs because I am not biased over just 1 of them.

I request that when you give an answer you give a detailed reason as to how and why who you pick wins a round. This isnt about who wins Overall, its about who wins in each seperate fight scenario. McClane/Martin 'FanBoys' who post to mainly 'Put Down' the other or to say 'He just wins' will be reported and requested that your post be deleted from the thread.

This will NOT be just another 'He wins just because' threads that this forum seems to have been flooded with.

marwash22
1. Frank. vastly superior martial arts skill.

2. Frank. same reason he wins the first scenario.

3. not sure.

Dolos
McClane can't keep up in any aspect of combat, ranged, close quarters, hand to hand, unarmed. It doesn't matter.

Scarlet Fox
This is not a Bash McClane Thread Dolos. Either make a vote and give reasons WHY or dont post at all.

Impediment
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
This will NOT be just another 'He wins just because' threads that this forum seems to have been flooded with.

awermm

Scarlet Fox
o.o Its true though... No offense to the all mighty Impediment! Really though, Van Zan vs a Wood Chipper?

Both of these guys have gone through so much. Yes Frank Martin is better at hand to hand but just because you are good at something doesnt mean you will win. John McClane has fought a few people who were better at hand to hand wether stronger or faster.

Frank Martin is a highly skilled person.

John McClane is Highly skilled at his ability to overcome obstacles.

Neither is god amongst man.

Dolos
This is not a Bash McClane Thread Dolos. Either make a vote and give reasons WHY or dont post at all.

confused

I just did make my point, without bashing JM.

Dolos
I'm just saying, without any plot twists or unexpected variables to a straight forward battle in those three scenarios, John McClane lacks the feats to overcome Frank Martin in any of them.

I haven't seen Transporter or Transporter 2, or LVDH or any of the others in a while. I recall John McClane using a car to kill a physically superior fighter in LVDH, does he get a car here??

Scarlet Fox
I was refering to the quality of the threads. One of the VS was Van Zan vs a woodchipper. It was a Hate Thread against Van Zan saying he would just jump into it.

John McClane is a great Fighter. He is an Expert Marksman. But so is Frank Martin.

And John killed a woman with a car because she kicked him out a window and he survived and got pissed off. Its what we here on earth call improvising. And the car wasnt his in that situation. Whos to say he doesnt find one now? Your not adding in the 'McClane Factor'. John has a high lvl of Luck and because people see that as 'Nothing' then they say John is as well. All I am saying is dont bash on McClane just because the other guy is a better fighter. He beat a much stronger, larger guy hand to hand, He has beat a guy who was way faster then him as well. McClane DOES have skill in fighting, though it isnt martial arts, more Street Fighting. But that is still a fighting style, at least in this day and age.

Originally posted by Dolos
confused

I just did make my point, without bashing JM.
And if he isnt able to hold his own there would never of been a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or even 5th movie. He would of died in the 1st. He has proven he can hold his own and by saying he cant you ARE bashing on him. Why cant you just put the two together honestly in the given scenarios and try to come up with a decent description of what you think might go down in each round?

marwash22
One of the VS was Van Zan vs a woodchipper. It was a Hate Thread against Van Zan saying he would just jump into it. that is hilarious.

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by marwash22
that is hilarious.
Yeah it kind of was to be honest. I mean the guy DID jump into a Dragons mouth in his respective film.

Lestov16
H2H Martin 9.7/10
CQB Martin 8.5/10
Gunfight McClane 7.8/10 (unless Martin has some crazy gun feat I haven't seen, but I haven't seen the films in a while, so yea)

Impediment
o.o Its true though... No offense to the all mighty Impediment! Really though, Van Zan vs a Wood Chipper?

Both of these guys have gone through so much. Yes Frank Martin is better at hand to hand but just because you are good at something doesnt mean you will win. John McClane has fought a few people who were better at hand to hand wether stronger or faster.

Frank Martin is a highly skilled person.

John McClane is Highly skilled at his ability to overcome obstacles.

Neither is god amongst man.

I do enjoy a good humor thread. Just look at my Forrest Gump vs Ozymandias thread. LOL

Would you believe that I have never seen any of the Transporter films?

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by Impediment
I do enjoy a good humor thread. Just look at my Forrest Gump vs Ozymandias thread. LOL

Would you believe that I have never seen any of the Transporter films?
Blashpemer...

They are actually really good. Jason takes his shirt off a number of times. -drool-

Impediment
I saw Crank. It was "meh".

Scarlet Fox
I didnt like Crank.... It was a stupid Storyline and not worth Jasons time... why he did it I dont know..

Sadako of Girth
Well since McClane couldnt be KO'd ever, and least of all when he tanks depleted uranium explosions at point blank, gets hit by cars, smashed repeatedly in the face and head with rifle butts, has thousands of bullets and occasional rockets magically avoid him, but survives when shot and even shoots through HIMSELF to nail villains when necessary... yet he can KO guys with one shot, as can his son. (and while his wife never KO'd anyone onscreen, she smashes teeth out in one shot..)
He survives all kinds of falls, can smash through an entire skyscraper's worth of scaffolding and survives car accidents that per crash leave the car spinning at least 11-13 times, through the severity of impact and has fought the most trained guys from every institution on earth without being killed or KO'd once, I can't see what this dude can possibly dream of doing to him... McClane is no frills but absolutely gets the job done every time and anytime. Even his nutsack spawn means death for entire cities now.
He even bends physics and the universal principles such as ramming a 25 tonnes armoured car off of the road with a 3-5 tonnes range rover and ridiculous cartoony stuff like that.
He does hit in DH5 that seems to transcend all known laws of physics/space and time. He even appeared at one point to have gone back to and survived Pearl Harbour, by Pearl Harbour screenfeats...!

Martin is a pale and comparatively empty poser in a copycat franchise.

So yeah I think Mac wins, unless Martin has something up his arse like he can become Unicron, Doc Manhattan or something at will.

Scarlet Fox
Ladies a Gents, The McClane factor... -points to Sadako-

He is also a heavily Hard on For McClane Fanboy so dont mind his over done of his idea of McClane Factor though the fact McClane has never been knocked out is entireley true. He can take a beating and has massive dmg soak.

Robtard
LoL. Quanchi's female KMC alt personality. Well played, but not well enough; your ruse is finished.

Darth Martin
You people are delusional if you think McClane has any chance against Martin in a martial arts competition.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well since McClane couldnt be KO'd ever, and least of all when he tanks depleted uranium explosions at point blank, gets hit by cars, smashed repeatedly in the face and head with rifle butts, has thousands of bullets and occasional rockets magically avoid him, but survives when shot and even shoots through HIMSELF to nail villains when necessary... yet he can KO guys with one shot, as can his son. (and while his wife never KO'd anyone onscreen, she smashes teeth out in one shot..)
He survives all kinds of falls, can smash through an entire skyscraper's worth of scaffolding and survives car accidents that per crash leave the car spinning at least 11-13 times, through the severity of impact and has fought the most trained guys from every institution on earth without being killed or KO'd once, I can't see what this dude can possibly dream of doing to him... McClane is no frills but absolutely gets the job done every time and anytime. Even his nutsack spawn means death for entire cities now.
He even bends physics and the universal principles such as ramming a 25 tonnes armoured car off of the road with a 3-5 tonnes range rover and ridiculous cartoony stuff like that.
He does hit in DH5 that seems to transcend all known laws of physics/space and time. He even appeared at one point to have gone back to and survived Pearl Harbour, by Pearl Harbour screenfeats...!

Martin is a pale and comparatively empty poser in a copycat franchise.

So yeah I think Mac wins, unless Martin has something up his arse like he can become Unicron, Doc Manhattan or something at will.

Ladies a Gents, The McClane factor... -points to Sadako-

He is also a heavily Hard on For McClane Fanboy so dont mind his over done of his idea of McClane Factor though the fact McClane has never been knocked out is entireley true. He can take a beating and has massive dmg soak.

Post vid of him getting sparked out. Or else you be fibbing/talking totally out of your arse.. oh you can't because it never actaully happened? Well then....

No hard on involved, not overdone at all whatsoever.
Everything I said was 100% true and accurate.

(You haven't seen Die Hard 5 and thusly compounding your incorrectness about any 'McClane getting knocked out' with a POV that in addition to being loud and ignorant says 'pure 100% undiluted, indivisible, ubiquitous, and legendary butthurt'...)

Originally posted by Darth Martin
You people are delusional if you think McClane has any chance against Martin in a martial arts competition.

And you are delusional if you read the OP and deduced that this is about Katas/posing/dancing. This is about KOs. The unKOable man with near infinite damage soak and one shot KO ability wins here.

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL. Quanchi's female KMC alt personality. Well played, but not well enough; your ruse is finished.

'Female ALT personality'... are you sure about the alternate? Seems like the male is the 'Alt' if anything. At last we meet the puppet mistress/root sock in Scarlet Fox.

Darth Martin
One shot ability?

Sadako of Girth
Yep. DH5. One shot KO. AFTER tanking being hit by the guy's car in his 50s/60s...

M-fqCYoa9A8

A thunderous shot that hit with the sound of King Kings nuts hitting pavement after his fall from the empire state building.

(Even more revealing than in Die Hard with guy McClane lays out immediately before confronting Barry the Lobby guy and Hans.)

Enjoy.

BruceSkywalker
Yep. DH5. One shot KO. AFTER tanking being hit by the guy's car in his 50s/60s...

M-fqCYoa9A8

A thunderous shot that hit with the sound of King Kings nuts hitting pavement after his fall from the empire state building.

(Even more revealing than in Die Hard with guy McClane lays out immediately before confronting Barry the Lobby guy and Hans.)

Enjoy.

i so loved that punch

Sadako of Girth
yes Yup. Textbook Tyson/Joe Frazier left hook...!

Scarlet Fox
Post vid of him getting sparked out. Or else you be fibbing/talking totally out of your arse.. oh you can't because it never actaully happened? Well then....

No hard on involved, not overdone at all whatsoever.
Everything I said was 100% true and accurate.

(You haven't seen Die Hard 5 and thusly compounding your incorrectness about any 'McClane getting knocked out' with a POV that in addition to being loud and ignorant says 'pure 100% undiluted, indivisible, ubiquitous, and legendary butthurt'...)

Hey, I'm on your side *******!

'Female ALT personality'... are you sure about the alternate? Seems like the male is the 'Alt' if anything. At last we meet the puppet mistress/root sock in Scarlet Fox.

I'm gona kill you. I'm gona cook you, then I'm gona eat you!

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Hahahah

Excellent...! You're pretty cool.
You're no socktroll, and despite my biting your head off a little this morning before my quotah of tea had taken effect, I take it back.
Sorry about that, Scarlet.

McClane still wrecks like a beast, though...!!

BruceSkywalker
yes Yup. Textbook Tyson/Joe Frazier left hook...!

definitely..

let me put this match in perspective.. as good as Frank Martin is, and I have seen the Transporters films(hoping the upcoming Cinemax series is good ), Frank is simply no match for McClane

Impediment
I think that the only Statham films I've seen are Crank, Snatch, and the two Expendables.

He's a decent actor, I suppose.

Snatch was hilariously good.

Sadako of Girth
HG-kmeY6b9Q

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
I think that the only Statham films I've seen are Crank, Snatch, and the two Expendables.

He's a decent actor, I suppose.

Snatch was hilariously good.

he couda been in transformers 4.. lol..

love stathams hot girlfriend

Lestov16
Originally posted by Darth Martin

thumb up

Saddie's got you all stoned if you think McClane honestly did something impressive with his "One hit KO" laughing True, it might have had a cute sound effect to it, but let's look at the facts
-The guy was just a random bystander (not even a villain mook) who accidentally hit McClane, as he would do anyone running around heavy traffic
- McClane blatantly cheapshotted the guy, as the guy was clearly more interested in an explanation than a fistfight. McClane would definitely not have that advantage here
-I haven't seen the film, but I'm going to take a completely left field, totally outrageous guess that the bystander whom McClane cheapshotted has displayed ZERO H2H skill like Martin.

McClane cheapshotting some punk means nothing. If he tried that against Martin, he'd get mauled, as he would in any CQB confrontation whatsoever. You guys honestly think he can get his ass manhandled by Lihn in DH4 (to the point that the only way he could effectively retaliate was with a truck) but he's going to get a win against Martin here? WTF?

FrothByte
McClane has no business getting into a melee fight with Frank Martin. This is the guy who knocks out people with his clothes. In either h2h or weapons fight, and without any McClane-superluck-plot included, Martin should be able to take out McClane within a minute.

As for the fight with guns, guess it could go either way. Doesn't take that much skill to get lucky and hit the guy with a bullet. Both combatants are fairly capable sharpshooters after all. If it was some sort of guerilla warfare though that allows them to utilize the environment, set traps and all that, I'd still put my money on Frank simply coz I value his military, black ops background on a higher scale than McClane's police background.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Lestov16
thumb up

Saddie's got you all stoned if you think McClane honestly did something impressive with his "One hit KO" laughing True, it might have had a cute sound effect to it, but let's look at the facts
-The guy was just a random bystander (not even a villain mook) who accidentally hit McClane, as he would do anyone running around heavy traffic

The second he hit McClane in his car, failed to kill him, then got out of the car mouthing off at him angrily walked up to fight min in road rage it was on, and McClane showed him the floor in emphatic style.

And I did nothing except pos feats. They made their OWN MINDS (something you clearly dont have)

Ah so every first shot in a boxing or anyother match is automatically cheap? A cheap show would have been a nutshot or harpooning him. But no it was a fair, square and tasty left hook.
And you cry all day about it. lol

Due it wouldn't matter if it was some no-fight ability punk like Van Zan, it was STILL an impressive hook, but anyways that guy was clearly a dude who COULD have been a light heavy champion for all you know.
You attempted to lecture me on context the other day on context..? lol Wait to see the movie, then you'll undertstand why McClane didn't have time for a protracted fight.
Every time you use "cheap shot" to describe the hook McClane gave the guy, you reaffirm that you don't actually know a thing about fighting, which you seem to think is posturing, posing and cranestancing whilst grunting..

See above, and every other time you've been told and shown up.
And shown yourself up with all your stamping, screaming and crying.

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Again. Butthurt doing your talking there. Ignorant butthurt as you willfully dismiss all McClane feats and wont even watch DH5. And everyone you say beat McClane was ****ed up then killed by McClane who cannot be killed by explosion, crash, fall, depleted uranium explosion at point blank, beig thrown through plate glass heavy windows, radiation, gunshot or fight.... lololololol

Nuff said. Martin can't do anything to McClane.

Lestov16
^ The epitome of a trolling idiot laughing

Frank wins, until DH6 comes out and hopefully McClane gets a fight scene better than him cheapshotting a bystander.

Originally posted by FrothByte
McClane has no business getting into a melee fight with Frank Martin. This is the guy who knocks out people with his clothes. In either h2h or weapons fight, and without any McClane-superluck-plot included, Martin should be able to take out McClane within a minute.

As for the fight with guns, guess it could go either way. Doesn't take that much skill to get lucky and hit the guy with a bullet. Both combatants are fairly capable sharpshooters after all. If it was some sort of guerilla warfare though that allows them to utilize the environment, set traps and all that, I'd still put my money on Frank simply coz I value his military, black ops background on a higher scale than McClane's police background.

Hey don't discount the Mcclane's side's argument. He cheapshotted a random bystander. Surely he's Martin level! laughing

Sadako of Girth
^ The epitome of a trolling, butthurt, lying, wrong, hypocrite, idiotic attention whore who cries and stamps her little feets over and over in a hilariously embarrassing childish rage because she cannot get her toy... laughing

Lestov16
^ The epitome of a trolling idiot laughing

Frank wins, until DH6 comes out and hopefully McClane gets a fight scene better than him cheapshotting a bystander.

Sadako of Girth
You embarrass yourself by crying, raging calling someone who clearly wasn't a bystander a bystander over and over again, lowering the IQ of the thread and forum with every post.

No skin off my nose!
Knock yourself out.

smokin'

Lestov16
Saddie, the mere fact that you think McClane can take a master fighter like Martin, based purely on Mcclane cheapshotting some random guy, just further exposes you as the trolling dunce you are laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Nope.You misrepresent my argument YET AGAIN. *yawn*

You're as hopeless as your posts are pointless.

Lestov16
Only a retard with a worthless opinion would think that McClane wins here. But we are talking about you, Saddieboy, so I guess you fit the category automatically laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Incorrect. You maintain McClane LOSES here.

More foot stamping and butthurt crying, Liz? Wow we never would have seen that coming from YOU.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lestov16
Only a retard with a worthless opinion would think that McClane wins here.

Sadako of Girth
Even retards can see it, yes. But as I see it, too its clearly not JUST retards.

However sub-retard level trolls can't see it, and will argue to contrary the ends of the earth from their position of wrongness...

(And you are about to do so again )
\/

Lestov16
So you have admitted you know how much of a trolling dumbass you are. At least you recognize the problem. Now to fix it, that's the $100 million question there. How do you introduce logic into the mind of a retarded moron with only a 1/4-sized misshapen brain cell? Don't worry Saddie, we have top men working around the clock on this. Top men. We'll fix you soon. Just stay in your corner and jerk off to Die Hard, as you usually do.

Martin pwns 11/10, anyone who says otherwise needs their head checked

Sadako of Girth
My god. I feel like I'm enabling you on your quest of self destructive self-abuse/wasting your life... (as Im clearly the center of yours) ...thats why you cannot end your rage. sad

That you cry and rage constantly and obsessively is the thing that shows everyone what a butthurt know-nothing moron you are...

FrothByte
Has McClane ever taken on 15 or more guys at the same time in h2h combat? And completely dominated? Coz that's what Martin does on a regular basis. I somehow can't see McClane matching that.

Scarlet Fox
It is easily known that when fighting a dozen or so people you use different tactics then when you fight just one person. Has Martin ever killed a helicopter with a car? Has he ever fallen down an air duct shaft, grabbed the edge of one after falling a few stories and NOT ripping his finger or arm out? Maybe Martin has survived half a dozen Grenades lobbed at him, or managed to outrun a helicopter gunner.

It is not a question of if McClane can meet Martins level of fighting, the question is can Martin knock out a guy who is unable to be knocked out?

Robtard
Martin partially strips and covers himself in oil; McClane smiles; tosses his Zippo at him.

http://stillonfire.com/portals/0/images2/ManOnFire_250.gif

Scarlet Fox
Martin partially strips and covers himself in oil; McClane smiles; tosses his Zippo at him.

http://stillonfire.com/portals/0/images2/ManOnFire_250.gif
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/creepsmile.gif

FrothByte
It is easily known that when fighting a dozen or so people you use different tactics then when you fight just one person. Has Martin ever killed a helicopter with a car? Has he ever fallen down an air duct shaft, grabbed the edge of one after falling a few stories and NOT ripping his finger or arm out? Maybe Martin has survived half a dozen Grenades lobbed at him, or managed to outrun a helicopter gunner.

It is not a question of if McClane can meet Martins level of fighting, the question is can Martin knock out a guy who is unable to be knocked out?

Uhhh, you do know that falling down an air shaft and holding on via one hand is not a show of h2h skill right? Physical fitness maybe, but definitely not combat skill. And killed a helicopter with a car? Martin has flipped a car 360 and managed to unhook a bomb strapped in the bottom of his car. That takes far more skill than launching a car at a helicopter.

As for surviving grenades and shotgun hits, guess what, he doesn't need to survive those simply coz he never gets hit by those things. Missiles and heavy automatic fire riddled his entire house and he didn't get hit even once.

So who'd you rather pick, the guy who can survive whatever hits him? Or the guy who doesn't get hit in the first place? besides, it's not as if McClane can just shrug off those hits. Sure he survives them, but he's also hurt by them. And if this fight is won simply due to knock out, then we've seen McClane get knocked out way more than Martin. From what I recall, I've only ever seen Frank Martin get knocked out once, and that was via cheapshot. This guy was so good that he never took any serious hits or injuries despite ridiculously long odds.

So it's not a question of whether Martin can knock-out a guy who doesn't seem to get knocked out. The better question is, can McClane even hit Martin? Even if Martin can't knock out McClane, so what? He'll end up using McClane as a punching bag and beat him bloody. McClane simply has not proven that he is anywhere near Martin's skill in mortal combat.

After all, this is a fair, straight up fight. Pure h2h, none of those pulling out a zippo crap. Pure melee weapons, zippo loses to fire hydrant. McClane is good when he can fight dirty, so he has a good chance in the gun fight. In a fair, man to man fight, Martin kills him.

Scarlet Fox
McClane cant be knocked out way more than Martin cause he was never knocked out. Thus proves that he cant be. And people can fight dirty without using guns. Martin did it all the time. But thats the 'Unconventional Weapons' round. Not to mention this fight isnt to the death.

FrothByte
McClane cant be knocked out way more than Martin cause he was never knocked out. Thus proves that he cant be. And people can fight dirty without using guns. Martin did it all the time. But thats the 'Unconventional Weapons' round. Not to mention this fight isnt to the death.

Ok fine. Let's say that McClane is like this Wolverine-clone all you guys want to believe that he is. Say it's very hard to knock him out. What then? He still doesn't have what it takes to beat Martin. Martin doesn't even need to knock him out, he can start breaking bones.

Besides, claiming that someone isn't capable of being knocked out simply because it hasn't been done is silly. If we used that premise as fact, then probably about 75% percent of action heroes have a superpower of "impossible to knock out".

Lestov16
My God, are we finally seeing logic here?

Scarlet Fox
gotta love how people put words in others mouth. When did we say he was Wolverine like? No one said he can Regenerate. He can just take massive dmg. The films have proven that.

Now I am not saying McClane wins. Nor am I saying Martin wins. I made this thread because they are CLOSE together with the Feats of each movie given to them. Since this is my thread I am refraining from saying who I think would win. If people started to say McClane wins right off the back I would be asking people about Martins skill set just like I am about McClane. No one has given a reasonable explaination as to why Martin or McClane would win.

Lestov16
Except they aren't. McClane has never shown any proficiency in H2H combat like Martin has. Matter of fact, his incompetence in H2H is the reason he employs so many melee weapons. You state McClane has a chance purely because of his durability, but that means jack if he can't hit Martin, which he can't. McClane will be used as a punching bag until he goes down. Stating that McClane can't go down is crap considering we saw McClane go down to Lihn in DH4, and Martin is far faster and stronger than Lihn. McClane has no chance here in H2H. Gunfights are another story...

Robtard
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/creepsmile.gif

Nope on the troll claim.

What I said can be backed up by screen feats from both film franchises.

Scarlet Fox
Fine. Here is my opinion.

Martin IS superior in H2H combat but McClane is with Unconventional weapons. That has been proven. And McClane wins with the handgun round.

That is my opinion.

Now I am not going to say one is superior than the other because they are both great characters, but that was never the point of the thread. I gave you all three rounds with set paramiters and it seems no one really kept into those three lines.

The McClane fans just kept at it with McClane wins because he is McClane and the McClane bashers just said the opposite.

Now if you want to give your opinion on the 3 rounds go ahead, but there is nothing here that asks you to tell the person before you they are wrong in what they believe.

FrothByte
Fine. Here is my opinion.

Martin IS superior in H2H combat but McClane is with Unconventional weapons. That has been proven. And McClane wins with the handgun round.

That is my opinion.

Now I am not going to say one is superior than the other because they are both great characters, but that was never the point of the thread. I gave you all three rounds with set paramiters and it seems no one really kept into those three lines.

The McClane fans just kept at it with McClane wins because he is McClane and the McClane bashers just said the opposite.

Now if you want to give your opinion on the 3 rounds go ahead, but there is nothing here that asks you to tell the person before you they are wrong in what they believe.

But the thing is, we are not McClane bashers, or at least I'm not. I'm also not a Transporter fanboy. I'm just calling this fight as I see it. McClane has no chance against Martin in h2h.

As for unconventional weapons, Martin was able to destroy his opponents using a firehose. Using a necktie. Using his polo shirt. We've seen him use knives, chairs, oxygen tanks, oil, steel pipes, axes, doors, and even bicycle pedals. I really don't think McClane has used "unconventional weapons" quite as skillfully as Martin does.

As for the gun fight, then yeah, there McClane has got a chance. I'd say toss up for the gun fight. Whoever gets the lucky hit wins.

P.S. - yes you never said that he was Wolverine-like, but the fact that you insist that he can NOT be knocked out, no not ever, no matter what Martin did, is almost like giving him superhealing powers. Every person can be knocked out. McClane is just tougher than most but he is still human.

Lestov16
As far as McClane being skilled with unconventional weapons, in DH4, when he tried to attack Lihn with a computer monitor, she instantly and effortlessly disarmed him. I don't see what's going to stop Martin from doing the same.

It may seem I bash McClane, but I don't. Everything I say about him is based directly off his screenfeats in his films. I say he hasn't had a good H2H fight because he hasn't. I say he gets disarmed easily because he does.

Robtard
It may seem I bash McClane, but I don't.

http://frikilogia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1191763_o.gif

Sadako of Girth
P4Usp65mJoQ&autoplay=1

mx2V-D-Xdq8&autoplay=1

p32OC97aNqc&autoplay=1

9duzerj5jOk&autoplay=1

j47PRUaJm3Q&autoplay=1

WaIJKM0sjdo&autoplay=1

x4Vp642ERhM&autoplay=1

Sadako of Girth
NAfgbsRs_lo&autoplay=1

e4Tck_sEzCg&autoplay=1

Lwxu5VHWvjw&autoplay=1

Again:

It may seem I bash McClane, but I don't. Everything I say about him is based directly off his screenfeats in his films.

laughing laughing out loud laughing

the ninjak
Oh lolz.

Sadako of Girth
And thrice lolz:

It may seem I bash McClane, but I don't.

http://frikilogia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1191763_o.gif

FrothByte

M-fqCYoa9A8

Enjoy.

McClane isn't able to one-shot every guy he punches. Majority of his fights requires him to land multiple shots and resort to multiple tactics before winning. And the guy he one-shots in this vid looks like a civilian... which is a lot different than fighting an expert fighter like Martin.

Besides, McClane's punching power won't mean much if he can't hit Martin.

Sadako of Girth
Everyone he hits in DH5 succumbs in one shot or near abouts.

Looks like he improved.

FrothByte
Everyone he hits in DH5 succumbs in one shot or near abouts.

Looks like he improved.

Are there any skilled fighters that he one-shots? Someone near Martin's skill level? A lot of Frank Martin's opponents have also been done away from between 2-3 shots.

Sadako of Girth
2-3 wont be quick enough against McClane, these days.

Presumably, yes. Top level Russian secret service guy (their James Bond, more or less) who has a Machine gun on McClane?

McClane piles into him rapidly and punches him out, taking his machine gun too.

And the street thug looked like he would have been serious too.
Bang! Went down after a Joe Frazier/on-form/in prime Mike-Tyson like Left hook that McClane seems to have developed.

FrothByte
2-3 wont be quick enough against McClane, these days.

Presumably, yes. Top level Russian secret service guy (their James Bond, more or less) who has a Machine gun on McClane?

McClane piles into him rapidly and punches him out, taking his machine gun too.

And the street thug looked like he would have been serious too.
Bang! Went down after a Joe Frazier/on-form/in prime Mike-Tyson like Left hook that McClane seems to have developed.

But did this top level russian secret service guy display any decent h2h feats? If not, then we can only assume his skill level, and in no way can we know if it even measures up to Martin.

Street thug is a street thug. Not equivalent to skilled fighter. An unarmed Martin went up against 15-20 armed thugs and effortlessly mopped the floor with them. I don't recall seeing McClane ever do anything that impressive.

In any case, Martin has never been knocked out either. Other than that one time where he was cheapshotted and completely unaware of his attacker. So unless McClane sneaks up on Martin while he's reading the paper and cheapshots him, then he's not knocking out Martin.

Lestov16
Note how Sadako massively overhypes what is actually seen, as shown with the "instant KO" against a random bystander (Whom Sadako at one point overhyped as a "Russian gangster" laughing out loud ) which obviously doesn't mean much feat wise.

FrothByte
Note how Sadako massively overhypes what is actually seen, as shown with the "instant KO" against a random bystander (Whom Sadako at one point overhyped as a "Russian gangster" laughing out loud ) which obviously doesn't mean much feat wise.

If we go by the apparent rule of thumb being used in every McClane thread so far, wherein screen feats > common sense; wherein McClane now is impossible to knock out simply because he has never been shown to get knocked out on screen (nevermind that he's just human); then I believe we can safely use the same argument to conclude that this Russian special ops guy has next to zero h2h skills simply because it was never shown on screen (nevermind that special ops usually means proficient h2h training).

whatdoucare
1. This is a hard one for mcclane but he fought opponents almost as skilled as frank in the Die Hard movies, so even though frank will get to beat the living sense out of mcclane in the end mcclane can use his rage, and "mcclane factor" to win.

2. Frank definetely he's just a lot got more experience using those weapons than mcclane does.

3. When it comes to guns obviously I'm gonna have to vote for mcclane. Frank rarely uses guns' while on the other hand guns are just toys for mcclane lol.

Ps: I'm a fan of both

FrothByte
Originally posted by whatdoucare
1. This is a hard one for mcclane but he fought opponents almost as skilled as frank in the Die Hard movies, so even though frank will get to beat the living sense out of mcclane in the end mcclane can use his rage, and "mcclane factor" to win.

2. Frank definetely he's just a lot got more experience using those weapons than mcclane does.

3. When it comes to guns obviously I'm gonna have to vote for mcclane. Frank rarely uses guns' while on the other hand guns are just toys for mcclane lol.

Ps: I'm a fan of both

Were there any McClane opponents who could beat the crap out of 15-20 armed guys at the same time? Because that's how skilled Martin is. I don't have a copy of the Die Hard movies, so maybe there are really skilled opponents there (which I can't check right now) but I seriously can't remember anyone as skilled as Martin.

Sadako of Girth
And how skilled were his opponents?
Generic douches, I bet..

Kazenji
17yupESOaC4

78LAb6YyasY

FrothByte
And how skilled were his opponents?
Generic douches, I bet..

So were some of McClane's opponents. Did an unarmed McClane ever defeat 15 armed generic douches?

No matter how you spin this around, Frank Martin will always have the better melee feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.