Luffy = ace after time skip???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luffygear4
Luffy fought jinbe on equal terms fishman island arc, ace also did this before joining whitebeard. I think the they are equal but I am also assuming he didn't get stronger then when he fought jinbe after joining. I don't think he did because if he was all around better then jinbe after joining, he should have been able to survive a red dog like jinbe did proving jinbe should be stronger saying that luffy is to hence the fact they fought on equal terms. But aces fruit should even them out if that was true. But can someone show me something or tell me why I'm wrong ???

KingD19
That whole thing hurt my brain.

AuraAngel
Based on showings Luffy is above Ace. Really the only thing Ace had over Luffy before was being a Logia which thanks to Haki is no longer that big a deal. Meanwhile Luffy is much faster(based on showings) and leagues stronger. Ace has one good move that torched half of an island but Luffy could take care of him before that.

Luffygear4
I thought that but we haven't seen much of him after joining WB except losing to Akainu and BB which luffy would have lost to as well. If ace was equal to jinbe before obtaining haki and he got stronger afterwards then he is stronger then luffy because luffy had to obtain haki to be equal to jinbe. But I think he got haki after joining WB which makes ace stronger but the speed luffy has over ace might make him stronger. Is there anything proving ace had haki before joining WB proving that he is stronger than luffy???

AuraAngel
Ace demonstrates very little Haki in the series and what he does demonstrate is inferior to Luffy's.

Q99
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Ace demonstrates very little Haki in the series and what he does demonstrate is inferior to Luffy's.

Mind, a lot of when we see him, is when he's depressed, which should affect Haki.

And he did do that *gigantic* attack against Whitebeard.

Personally I'd say, for thematic reasons, Luffy right now is near-Ace, but will pass him soon.

Bentley
Luffy is Ace's superior, better haki, better feats, survived the war.

NemeBro
We aren't really given any reason to believe Ace is stronger than Luffy, other than his huge bounty, which can be explained by him being the son of Roger.

Clovie
Luffy's from One piece?

AuraAngel
Yep.

Luffygear4
Well the amount of haki ace shows shouldn't be that low, he fought smoker, a logia, Akainu, BB again logias and got a hit on the all, or at least touched them. I see luffy doing the same. I do think he has speed tho.

AuraAngel
Touching Smoker isn't really that impressive. Ace didn't do anything to Akainu and hurting Blackbeard is explicitly easy to do because his fruit is a double edged sword.

Ace's most impressive showings are tying with Jimbei and matching one of Aokiji's attacks. The former is something Luffy has done(to a degree since their fight was incomplete) and the latter is something that can likely be attributed to his specific logia that probably has an advantage over ice.

Luffygear4
I think this is what u said but he only matched aokiji because of his DF. also luffy would lose to aokiji but he could beat someone like enel because of his DF. If they fought I give it to luffy because of the speed difference. But that is all, ace has some feats putting him where luffy is now. I asked for the difference and I now think luffy is superior due to speed. Unless ace has any speed feats I am missing?

Bentley
If Aokiji can fight Aikanu for days I don't think Ace's sh_tty flame will have any advantage in particular against Aokiji, if anything they'd be neutral to each other.

Luffygear4
bentley i agree, i think i said he matched aokiji, no advantage anywhere, if they fought i would still he aokiji winning because he is all around a stronger character, ace only stood a chance being the opposite of aokiji's element.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.