Ultimate HF test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
Lots of people on this site wank profusely over certain characters and their healing factor.

I would like to put that to the ultimate test of HF (and perhaps of loyalty).

In this scenario...

Take a being such as Hal Jordan as Parallax, and have him completely decimate his victim.

This is done in three ways:

1) Dismembered into separate body parts, like quartering a chicken, (head, arms, legs, torso, trunk all separated), and separating the parts over ten square miles.

2) Taking it further as the body is separated into 1" x 1" pieces and scattered over the entire Earth.

3) Even farther, victim is completely atomized, and the residual particles are separated across the solar system from Mars to Neptune.

The list of potential victims are as follows:

1) Wolverine
2) Hulk
3) Plastic Man
4) Superman
5) Deadpool
6) Lobo (no cloning)
7) Captain Marvel
8) Martian Manhunter

9) whomever you choose

Does ANYONE make it through all 3?

Does anyone even make it through #2?

Oliver North
For scenario 3, does the character have to reform from the atomized remains?

For instance, Man-Thing passes 2 with ease, and would pass 3 if reforming in his swamp counts.

I'd say it still isn't beyond his power to pass 3, just that whenever something like that has occurred in the comics he has just reformed in his swamp.

ColossusGrundy
I would say they would have to at least use some of their remains or it wouldn't be HF.

Would Man-Thing be able to in a vacuum? I agree he's a pretty viable candidate.

Oliver North
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
I would say they would have to at least use some of their remains or it wouldn't be HF.

Would Man-Thing be able to in a vacuum? I agree he's a pretty viable candidate.

I don't think he would be considered alive while in the vacuum, but he has survived both space and re-entry through the atmosphere.

I'd just think at an atomic level, he would no longer have any plant remains to regrow from, so it might be a cheat on the rules for #3.

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Lots of people on this site wank profusely over certain characters and their healing factor.

I would like to put that to the ultimate test of HF (and perhaps of loyalty).

In this scenario...

Take a being such as Hal Jordan as Parallax, and have him completely decimate his victim.

This is done in three ways:

1) Dismembered into separate body parts, like quartering a chicken, (head, arms, legs, torso, trunk all separated), and separating the parts over ten square miles.

2) Taking it further as the body is separated into 1" x 1" pieces and scattered over the entire Earth.

3) Even farther, victim is completely atomized, and the residual particles are separated across the solar system from Mars to Neptune.

The list of potential victims are as follows:

1) Wolverine
2) Hulk
3) Plastic Man
4) Superman
5) Deadpool
6) Lobo (no cloning)
7) Captain Marvel
8) Martian Manhunter

9) whomever you choose

Does ANYONE make it through all 3?

Does anyone even make it through #2? deadpool, lobo, plastic man and maybe hulk clear it

curryman
How does Hulk clear it? his entire powerset revolves around him having a consciousness.

Only candidates I can imagine for 3 would be Lobo and possibly MM, on a good day.

carver9
Wolverine is the only one out of the group that has been burned all the way down to nothing and healed everything back. This happened more than once. Does anyone else have fts like that?

curryman
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverine is the only one out of the group that has been burned all the way down to nothing and healed everything back. This happened more than once. Does anyone else have fts like that?

You don't know who Lobo is, do you?

KingD19
Captain Marvel could probably clear it as well. And Deadpool since he's literally not allowed to die.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
How does Hulk clear it? his entire powerset revolves around him having a consciousness.

Only candidates I can imagine for 3 would be Lobo and possibly MM, on a good day.
Maestro reformed from atoms but he had to absorb a lot of gamma energies. Also ironically, a rookie GL has had one of the best HF showings out there. Lobo basically rips him apart limb from limb after covering himself with yellow blood after the GL beats him and had him on his mercy. The ring heals him back from that. I remember GLs being actually worth a damn, **** you Johns for ruining GLC.
Originally posted by KingD19
Captain Marvel could probably clear it as well. And Deadpool since he's literally not allowed to die.
Deadpool would die if atomized. Lobo can't die too. Cap would die.

KingD19
Deadpool wouldn't die. Death won't allow him to die, similar to Lobo being barred from every form of afterlife. He'd be in some weird form of existence since he couldn't pull himself back together under his own power, but he wouldn't die since he can't. He might even eventually grow himself back as I believe he's grown back body parts before.

As for Cap, he's healed from some pretty gnarly stuff as well as Adam, and considering the magic at his disposal, it's not a stretch to think he could pull off a God move and eventually reconstitute himself.

curryman
Originally posted by abhilegend
Maestro reformed from atoms but he had to absorb a lot of gamma energies. Also ironically, a rookie GL has had one of the best HF showings out there. Lobo basically rips him apart limb from limb after covering himself with yellow blood after the GL beats him and had him on his mercy. The ring heals him back from that. I remember GLs being actually worth a damn, **** you Johns for ruining GLC.

You don't like big green scissors?

hulk heals while unconscious, I mean, wtf?

deadpool would survive, it would just take a long time for him to regrow. he is barred from death's realms

@kingd DP has grown his head back more than once. last time the hulk punched him, only a part of his legs survived desintegration. he had a brief moment with death (whom he wanted to stay with or thinks he does) but got dragged back as his body reconstituted itself

You don't like big green scissors? :up; green constructs are the bee-see-ness

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
Deadpool wouldn't die. Death won't allow him to die, similar to Lobo being barred from every form of afterlife. He'd be in some weird form of existence since he couldn't pull himself back together under his own power, but he wouldn't die since he can't. He might even eventually grow himself back as I believe he's grown back body parts before.

As for Cap, he's healed from some pretty gnarly stuff as well as Adam, and considering the magic at his disposal, it's not a stretch to think he could pull off a God move and eventually reconstitute himself.
I think he died when Stryfe killed him in the future. Meh, its Deadpool either way. Who cares about what loony tune stunt he's going to pull next time.

The only thing I've seen cap healing from is when he re-constituted himself from getting turned inside out. Commonly, he doesn't even possesses a HF.Originally posted by curryman
You don't like big green scissors? Originally posted by 753
:up; green constructs are the bee-see-ness
laughing out loud

**** both of you.

uhuh

ilikecomics
Mr. immortal and resurrection man.

Flyattractor
You don't know who Lobo is, do you?

rock

pym-ftw
Voidtry could reform from it, as could Creel if not in human form

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.