Monkey D. Luffy vs Suigetsu Hozuki (w/ Hocho)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
They fight on a shoreline with lots of room to move around; equal parts body of water and land.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/suigetsu_image_7_20110116_2085168792_zps266b4e77.jpg

vs

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/oppw2-luffy-power-up_zps513fbca3.jpg

AuraAngel
Haki punch and done.

Q99
Suigetsu could beat pre-timeskip (get punched, surround him with water, just like he did to Jugo), but gets KOed quick by post.

NemeBro
What the hell makes you think Suigetsu could take a single punch from pre-skip Luffy?

Jugo is a slow, dumb brick.

Luffy is too fast for Suigetsu to surround him with water.

Q99
Actually he's pretty fast, chakra-jet assisted speed as well as general cursed-sealness, but that's not really the point.

Originally posted by NemeBro
What the hell makes you think Suigetsu could take a single punch from pre-skip Luffy?

Because he's made of water. Also Suigetsu once survived a biju ball.

Let me explain what happened with Jugo- Jugo punched Suigetsu with a jet punch, his fist went through the water, and then that water simply didn't come off and formed around the rest of him.

The punching was the problem, punching him gets water around you.

NemeBro
Suigetsu once survived a Bijudama by absorbing a large body of water.

Suigetsu's pseudo-intangibility can also be overwhelmed, and Luffy's raw physical power, especially with Gear Third, can manage this.

Q99
Originally posted by NemeBro
Suigetsu once survived a Bijudama by absorbing a large body of water.

Suigetsu's pseudo-intangibility can also be overwhelmed, and Luffy's raw physical power, especially with Gear Third, can manage this.

And Luffy almost never starts with that. He's almost certainly going to just-punch Suigetsu first, and get water'd.

Radunuya
Let it be a speedblitz.
Or Gear 3.

Luffygear4
Sauce is sound speed, what makes u think someone in his team is faster? One jet pistol CoA should hit him like he is a regular logia and KO the **** out of him.

Q99
Originally posted by Luffygear4
Sauce is sound speed, what makes u think someone in his team is faster? One jet pistol CoA should hit him like he is a regular logia and KO the **** out of him.

Sasuke's supersonic, but likely more than mach 1. I will mention what I said in the other thread, in general Naruto has higher speed techniques, especially compared to non-speed-technique OP chars.

And a jet pistol won't KO a normal logia. Only a Haki one would. It'd instead, go through his head, which'd get water around Luffy, which'd allow Suigetsu to surround him and that's a KO.

Gear 3 is slow pre-skip (unlike post, when he can combine it with Jet), what makes you think it'd even hit?

AuraAngel
Didn't Luffy combine the gears against Moriah?

Also why are Luffy's powers called Gears? Is it like gears on a car?

Q99
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Didn't Luffy combine the gears against Moriah?

Yes, but only in his nightmare mode, which majorly amped him.

Pretty much.

Gear 1, normal. Gear 2, speed. Gear 3, size/power.

Radunuya
Originally posted by Q99
Gear 3 is slow pre-skip (unlike post, when he can combine it with Jet)
Yeah.

uh.... unless Suigetsu is anything above supersonic while in base or in a fused-form, Luffy will be hitting him.

Luffygear4
sad

Luffygear4
Originally posted by Q99
Sasuke's supersonic, but likely more than mach 1. I will mention what I said in the other thread, in general Naruto has higher speed techniques, especially compared to non-speed-technique OP chars.

And a jet pistol won't KO a normal logia. Only a Haki one would. It'd instead, go through his head, which'd get water around Luffy, which'd allow Suigetsu to surround him and that's a KO.

Gear 3 is slow pre-skip (unlike post, when he can combine it with Jet), what makes you think it'd even hit?

i said "CoA" which is arnements haki, also its true u can go intangible while being grabbed by haki but a jet pistol is a jet pistol, luffy hits hard and could probably KO him with it. by sound speed i ment supersonic, sorry, and sauce isnt much more then mach 1 maybe around 3 to 5 at the most. hes not surrounding luffy with water while unconscious and ironically, luffy can make him unconscious... luffy wins with a speed advantage to. ow and also if he covers his arm is water it will weaken him but in fishman island we learned of his new prowess over being underwater.

Q99
i said "CoA" which is arnements haki.

Ah yea. Once he has armament haki, he does easily handle Suigetsu.

Well, he's a jonin level ninja who's fought high-speed foes...

And Genin Neji has been clocked at supersonic.

So, yea, he's supersonic.

Gecko4lif
i said "CoA" which is arnements haki, also its true u can go intangible while being grabbed by haki but a jet pistol is a jet pistol, luffy hits hard and could probably KO him with it. by sound speed i ment supersonic, sorry, and sauce isnt much more then mach 1 maybe around 3 to 5 at the most. hes not surrounding luffy with water while unconscious and ironically, luffy can make him unconscious... luffy wins with a speed advantage to. ow and also if he covers his arm is water it will weaken him but in fishman island we learned of his new prowess over being underwater.
luffy wouldnt ko sugetsu he would decapitate him.

Luffygear4
^^ decapitate with one punch. And it was vs oars that luffy used nightmare form, when he fought Asgard Moira he used gear 2 and 3 at the same time after nightmare buff went away... In he anime anyway.

socool8520
Luffy dominates. He can strike Logia type characters which is Suigetsu's only advantage in any battle imo. He was able to punch a gas form Joker iirc. He kill Suigetsu.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
luffy wouldnt ko sugetsu he would decapitate him. Originally posted by Luffygear4
^^ decapitate with one punch. And it was vs oars that luffy used nightmare form, when he fought Asgard Moira he used gear 2 and 3 at the same time after nightmare buff went away... In he anime anyway. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/naruto-3073157_zpsb3527571.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/naruto-3073159_zpsed00b9da.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/naruto-3073161_zps3d7e6ebe.jpg

AuraAngel
Yes Suigetsu is awesome.

Could he beat Luffy? Post-time skip not a chance. Pre? If the new kick-ass Film Z is any indication then Luffy loses his strength in whatever body part of his is in water. Non-canon movie but also had direct involvement from Oda. Under these circumstances there may be a way for Suigetsu to win if Luffy is in character and dumb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.