Thor/Captain Marvel vs Superman/Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins? Pre reboot versions.

Zack Fair
Team 2 6/10 or split.

That is of course assuming Superman doesn't ask Surfer to blast him with yellow sun energy.

Slaanesh
team 2

abhilegend
Surfer solos all three in a nanosecond.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by abhilegend

This

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
This
Nah, make it a picosecond. He has the POWA COSMIC!! He takes shots from T&A. Nobody can KO him short of galactus.

Slaanesh
lol..are u guys butthurt or something??

Tzeentch._
stfu

abhilegend
Originally posted by Slaanesh
lol..are u guys butthurt or something?? I just said surfer wins. Are surfer fans so sensitive? Originally posted by Tzeentch._
stfu GTFO.

-Pr-
Split. Or team 1.

Slaanesh
I just said surfer wins. Are surfer fans so sensitive?

i don't know..u should ask them..

Newjak
Team one combines their magical lightning to create a magical lightning nuke that destroys everything.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i don't know..u should ask them..
Nicely played.Originally posted by Newjak
Team one combines their magical lightning to create a magical lightning nuke that destroys everything. The problem with that plan is that thor would get oneshotted by his own lightning and cap would revert to billy.

Newjak
Nicely played. The problem with that plan is that thor would get oneshotted by his own lightning and cap would revert to billy. I did say it destroyed everything didn't I uhuh

Dampyre
Close fight, slight edge to team .

Placidity
SM/SS

Surfer solos all three in a nanosecond. I'm glad you've finally come to your sensesthumb up

Team surfer wins!!!

Dampyre
Team 2.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Newjak
I did say it destroyed everything didn't I uhuh
Bah, superman still stands.Originally posted by Dampyre
Close fight, slight edge to team .
There are two teams.

osheetOriginally posted by 753
I'm glad you've finally come to your sensesthumb up

Team surfer wins!!!
Of course, the POWA COSMIC FTW!!!!!

Newjak
Bah, superman still stands.
There are two teams.

osheet
Of course, the POWA COSMIC FTW!!!!! Nope he gets fried like everything else.

He didn't typo he said exactly what he meant.

team wins eek!

carver9

Join the crew of the power cosmic...the most powerful Herald. smile

abhilegend
Nope he gets fried like everything else.

He didn't typo he said exactly what he meant.

team wins eek!
Nope, small lightning from a small god.

uhuh

He didn't say which team though.

dur

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Join the crew of the power cosmic...the most powerful Herald. smile
I agree, Airwalker is a ****ing beast. Did something no other herald has done, knocked out thor and took on firelord(has beaten surfer twice) and terrax(called the most powerful herald of galactus at one point).

Newjak
Nope, small lightning from a small god.

uhuh

He didn't say which team though.

dur Since he is using lightning on Superman yeah I guess Thor only needs to use small. Anything bigger would be overkill dur.

Exactly he doesn't need to. Team wins eek!

abhilegend
Since he is using lightning on Superman yeah I guess Thor only needs to use small. Anything bigger would be overkill dur.

Exactly he doesn't need to. Team wins eek!
He would shrug off any lightning from the puny god, unlike him.

dur

Yup, team wins. Doesn't matter which.eek!

Newjak
He would shrug off any lightning from the puny god, unlike him.

dur

Yup, team wins. Doesn't matter which.eek!

No he wouldn't shrug it off, he doesn't shrug magical lightning from another character in this thread stick out tongue

Now you're catching on.

guy222
=

abhilegend
No he wouldn't shrug it off, he doesn't shrug magical lightning from another character in this thread stick out tongue

Now you're catching on.
He does.ranting

Thanks to you juggermod.

sneer

Newjak
He does.ranting

Thanks to you juggermod.

sneer I have one word for you

SHAZAM

cool

jugdurnaut

Rage.Of.Olympus
Split or Team 1 if Superman's mystical vulnerability is played up.

abhilegend
I have one word for you

SHAZAM

cool

jugdurnaut
This?

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216e.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216f.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216g.jpg

Or from wizard himself?
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216i.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216j.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216k.jpg

Barely gave him a nose-bleed.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Split or Team 1 if Superman's mystical vulnerability is played up.
Don't kid yourself, how many top tier characters have beaten superman due to magical vulnerability? Unless you go ODG's route and just declare every magical character wins against superman because its MAGIC!!

Newjak
This?

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216e.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216f.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216g.jpg

Or from wizard himself?
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216i.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216j.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/blasts/superman216k.jpg

Barely gave him a nose-bleed.
Don't kid yourself, how many top tier characters have beaten superman due to magical vulnerability? Unless you go ODG's route and just declare every magical character wins against superman because its MAGIC!! Kingdom Come is all I have to say wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't kid yourself, how many top tier characters have beaten superman due to magical vulnerability? Unless you go ODG's route and just declare every magical character wins against superman because its MAGIC!!

My reasoning is simple, if Superman is considered as mystically vulnerable as some writers believe him to be, then Team 1 wins. Otherwise it's a split.

abhilegend
Kingdom Come is all I have to say wink
Non-canon is all I have to say.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
My reasoning is simple, if Superman is considered as mystically vulnerable as some writers believe him to be, then Team 1 wins. Otherwise it's a split.
No writer would write him to be defeated by a top tier by his mystic vulnerability. Not even Byrne has done that. Who are all these writers BTW?

Newjak
Non-canon is all I have to say.
No writer would write him to be defeated by a top tier by his mystic vulnerability. Not even Byrne has done that. Who are all these writers BTW? Where did that one Superman who effortlessly took Hercules' punches come from?

Rage.Of.Olympus
No writer would write him to be defeated by a top tier by his mystic vulnerability. Not even Byrne has done that. Who are all these writers BTW?

So you're arguing that no writer would have mystical vulnerability come into play as that wouldn't make it fair? That's fine, a logical stance I guess, but don't backtrack when someone makes the same reasoning with speed and certain Marvel characters or bricks in general.

Loeb, Bryne, Simonson, and from what I've seen? Most that handled him right after the reboot. I can dig for names if you want.

Mihsnme
Team 2, Thor is the weak link

abhilegend
Where did that one Superman who effortlessly took Hercules' punches come from?
A different universe. Do people know nothing about how DCU works? KC was an alternate timeline due to hypertime but still from the same universe, Earth-22 was modeled on that timeline but its characters are not from the same story. Think about how Earth-2 from the new multiverse isn't pre-crisis Earth-two or Earth-5 isn't Earth-S.

Newjak
A different universe. Do people know nothing about how DCU works? KC was an alternate timeline due to hypertime but still from the same universe, Earth-22 was modeled on that timeline but its characters are not from the same story. Think about how Earth-2 from the new multiverse isn't pre-crisis Earth-two or Earth-5 isn't Earth-S. I'm sorry, I'm not hearing you over the parts where he recited exactly what happened at the Gulag stick out tongue

Dampyre
Bah, superman still stands.
There are two teams.

osheet
Of course, the POWA COSMIC FTW!!!!!

I said team two a couple of posts later. It's close but team two is just a bit more powerful and versatile.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So you're arguing that no writer would have mystical vulnerability come into play as that wouldn't make it fair? You're not understanding me. Superman wouldn't be defeated by mystical vulnerability not that it wouldn't be in play. I've never done that. However marvel bricks have been punked by speed.

They portrayed superman being beaten by top tiers by his magic vulnerability?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're not understanding me. Superman wouldn't be defeated by mystical vulnerability not that it wouldn't be in play. I've never done that. However marvel bricks have been punked by speed.

They portrayed superman being beaten by top tiers by his magic vulnerability?

Well that doesn't make much sense to me. If I see a writer having Superman owned by a vampire, I'm of the opinion that a magic charged punch from someone like Marvel etc. would wreck him.

From what I've read, yes, Superman would lose to a Top Tier imbued with magic in a straight up fight. He could win by outsmarting his opponents or using some sort of other advantage though I guess.

They just stood out to me as in their opinion, a hit from something like Mjolnir would devastate Superman due to it's mystical origins.

Mihsnme
Superman already survived Captain Marvel's lightning when he was possessed by Eclipso, there isn't any reason to think his lightning or Mjolnir would one shot him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Well that doesn't make much sense to me. If I see a writer having Superman owned by a vampire, I'm of the opinion that a magic charged punch from someone like Marvel etc. would wreck him.

From what I've read, yes, Superman would lose to a Top Tier imbued with magic in a straight up fight. He could win by outsmarting his opponents or using some sort of other advantage though I guess.

They just stood out to me as in their opinion, a hit from something like Mjolnir would devastate Superman due to it's mystical origins.
That way Superman would kill wonder woman every time he punches. Comics don't work that way. Superman even under Byrne never had much problems against top tier magical beings due to their being magical.

Something like this?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_54.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_55.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_56.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_57.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_58.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_59.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_60.jpg

That was an Elder God BTW.

I don't see much outsmarting. That's not the only case he outperformed entire JLA against magical beings, it happened again in JLA: Seven Caskets and JLA: Scary Monsters.

The only two writers who said that are Byrne who co-wrote superman vs black adam and Jurgens who wrote Superman beating Blaze in her own realm. Opinions aren't much worth unless written in the comic, Byrne's opinion was that Darkseid is exact equal to Galactus. Read Hunger and tell me that with a straight face.

abhilegend
I'm sorry, I'm not hearing you over the parts where he recited exactly what happened at the Gulag stick out tongue That alternate timeline was erased in The Kingdom when present superman decided that he would never let it happen. Earth-2 power girl recited the main power girl's history too, including his cousin disappearing in Crisis. Doesn't means much.

h1a8
Let's see
Superman can beat either on team 1

Surfer can beat either on team 1

team 2 wins in a stomp.

mighty adam
Tie Ss will keep amping supes but Thor cap got that magic juice going for them Thor probably could amp marvel or use thier lighting to fck up supes

h1a8
Originally posted by mighty adam
Tie Ss will keep amping supes but Thor cap got that magic juice going for them Thor probably could amp marvel or use thier lighting to fck up supes

How can it be a tie when Superman can beat either and SS can beat either?

Superman has hv, freeze breath, intangibility, etc. against CM's magic. Those advantages outweigh his magical advantage.

Superman has speed against Thor as well as freeze breath. Speed is a greater advantage than Thor's. Also the freeze breath could be used to slow Thor down a little more (making it more unfair).

SS beat's CM because CM doesn't have any ranged attacks. SS can beat CM in many different ways.

SS beats Thor because he is faster and because Thor has a bad habit of throwing the hammer leaving himself open to attack. SS has black holes blasts, phasing ability, board from behind tricks, etc.

mighty adam
Originally posted by h1a8
How can it be a tie when Superman can beat either and SS can beat either?

Superman has hv, freeze breath, intangibility, etc. against CM's magic. Those advantages outweigh his magical advantage.

Superman has speed against Thor as well as freeze breath. Speed is a greater advantage than Thor's. Also the freeze breath could be used to slow Thor down a little more (making it more unfair).

SS beat's CM because CM doesn't have any ranged attacks. SS can beat CM in many different ways.

SS beats Thor because he is faster and because Thor has a bad habit of throwing the hammer leaving himself open to attack. SS has black holes blasts, phasing ability, board from behind tricks, etc. you have some solid points but marvels speed is greater then supes marvel durability is greater then Ss. Thor has the most raw power godblast, planet wide lighting stroms, etc plus he can open gates to black holes too, Thor can absorb Ss best shots then hit supes with them Ss can't absorb thors. Plus cm can beat supes flat out right but nobody on team 2 can flat out beat Thor or CM

h1a8
you have some solid points but marvels speed is greater then supes marvel durability is greater then Ss. Thor has the most raw power godblast, planet wide lighting stroms, etc plus he can open gates to black holes too, Thor can absorb Ss best shots then hit supes with them Ss can't absorb thors. Plus cm can beat supes flat out right but nobody on team 2 can flat out beat Thor or CM

I disagree that CM is faster than Supes
Supes has the better speed feats and reaction feats
Plus Supes knows how to use his speed more efficiently than CM (which counts more)

The Godblast would be a dumb attack by Thor. It should be only used for slow or stationary opponents. Plus it drains him after use. Superman or SS could easily avoid it and counter him nastily.

Planet wide storms are dumb to since neither Superman or SS are not world sized. A normal lightning attack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a lightning storm.

Yes Thor can absorb SS's blasts but he can't hit Supes with them if Supes is pummeling Thor using speed. Supes can avoid such blasts as well.

How can CM beat SM when Supes has both HV and freeze breath? The freeze breath alone would make Superman spite stomp CM. Think about it.

Superman could ace Thor 10/10 if he used his speed efficiently and well.

mighty adam
I disagree that CM is faster than Supes
Supes has the better speed feats and reaction feats
Plus Supes knows how to use his speed more efficiently than CM (which counts more)

The Godblast would be a dumb attack by Thor. It should be only used for slow or stationary opponents. Plus it drains him after use. Superman or SS could easily avoid it and counter him nastily.

Planet wide storms are dumb to since neither Superman or SS are not world sized. A normal lightning attack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a lightning storm.

Yes Thor can absorb SS's blasts but he can't hit Supes with them if Supes is pummeling Thor using speed. Supes can avoid such blasts as well.

How can CM beat SM when Supes has both HV and freeze breath? The freeze breath alone would make Superman spite stomp CM. Think about it.

Superman could ace Thor 10/10 if he used his speed efficiently and well. Thor has showed he's not easily speedblitz
CM has magical lighting to use a a rang attack so he can keep supes out plus he is faster its been said time and again on panel. Thor can use his powers to do crazy things remember he used it to strip juggs of his shield then koed him. I believe he could amp CM etc. Plus CM has the most durability here he won't be dropped fast

Mihsnme
laughing out loud at Billy being faster than Supes

-Pr-
Rage is right. End of discussion.

Branlor Swift
Billy solos and then knocks off Thor's head

Also lol at hating on Surfer when he's on the team you think wins.

h1a8
Thor has showed he's not easily speedblitz
CM has magical lighting to use a a rang attack so he can keep supes out plus he is faster its been said time and again on panel. Thor can use his powers to do crazy things remember he used it to strip juggs of his shield then koed him. I believe he could amp CM etc. Plus CM has the most durability here he won't be dropped fast

I'm not referring to a speed blitz but rather just plain speed.
I never seen Thor defend against a Superman level blitz either.

CM can't use his lightning as a ranged attack. He calls upon the lightning and it comes to where he is located only.
It has never been stated in any CANON comic that CM is faster. Plus we go by feats first. If feats contradict what is being said then we use feats.

Superman has better feats period than CM (speed, durability, etc.)
Even if speed was a wash then Superman still uses his speed far more efficient than CM ever has. I never seen CM become intangible, multitask his powers, etc.
And Superman has greater durability feats than CM.

And you didn't comment about the cheap freeze breath tactic Superman can employ. Or the cheap ranged hv tactics.

Newjak
That alternate timeline was erased in The Kingdom when present superman decided that he would never let it happen. Earth-2 power girl recited the main power girl's history too, including his cousin disappearing in Crisis. Doesn't means much. But it did happen and was recited in a canon comic cool

abhilegend
But it did happen and was recited in a canon comic cool To a different superman by a different captain marvel. It would be like applying what if version of characters' feat to 616 characters.

curryman
Superman gets dropped easy.

Surfer can't handle both on his own.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Superman gets dropped easy.

Surfer can't handle both on his own.
Oh yeah, he might get bored at team 1's puny attacks and fall asleep.

Newjak
To a different superman by a different captain marvel. It would be like applying what if version of characters' feat to 616 characters. Except that Superman had a mainstream feat to show what level he was at.

Superman got punched by Herc and nothing happened compared to hte other Superman you go knocked backwards and blood drawn.

So we know that Superman was more durable than normal Supes stick out tongue

And I remember what happened to him when someone yelled SHAZAM cool

abhilegend
Except that Superman had a mainstream feat to show what level he was at.

Superman got punched by Herc and nothing happened compared to hte other Superman you go knocked backwards and blood drawn.

So we know that Superman was more durable than normal Supes stick out tongue

And I remember what happened to him when someone yelled SHAZAM cool
Good for him. Now just prove that KC captain marvel=mainstream captain marvel.

Newjak
All I have to say is SHAZAM that proves my point.

Technically it was the same Captain Marvel he was just grown up.

mighty adam
I'm not referring to a speed blitz but rather just plain speed.
I never seen Thor defend against a Superman level blitz either.

CM can't use his lightning as a ranged attack. He calls upon the lightning and it comes to where he is located only.
It has never been stated in any CANON comic that CM is faster. Plus we go by feats first. If feats contradict what is being said then we use feats.

Superman has better feats period than CM (speed, durability, etc.)
Even if speed was a wash then Superman still uses his speed far more efficient than CM ever has. I never seen CM become intangible, multitask his powers, etc.
And Superman has greater durability feats than CM.

And you didn't comment about the cheap freeze breath tactic Superman can employ. Or the cheap ranged hv tactics. Thor handled glads speedblitz. Cap will break out of supes freeze breath with ease. Cap can charge is body with lighting and channel it around his fist to amp blows. Black Adam has thunder clapped that was extremely powerful looked like a atomic bomb went off so if Adam has done it so can the cap.

h1a8
Thor handled glads speedblitz. Cap will break out of supes freeze breath with ease. Cap can charge is body with lighting and channel it around his fist to amp blows. Black Adam has thunder clapped that was extremely powerful looked like a atomic bomb went off so if Adam has done it so can the cap.

Thor didn't handle glads blitz at all, he got pummeled. And glads blitz =/= supes blitz in that fight.

The freeze breath is not to trap CM forever but to slow his motion. This effectively increases the speed gap between Superman and CM by a wide margin.

I know Cap can amp his blows but that's not a ranged attack.
Thunderclaps from BA are useless against Superman or Surfer. LOL at an atomic bomb. These characters have survived in stars.

mighty adam
Thor didn't handle glads blitz at all, he got pummeled. And glads blitz =/= supes blitz in that fight.

The freeze breath is not to trap CM forever but to slow his motion. This effectively increases the speed gap between Superman and CM by a wide margin.

I know Cap can amp his blows but that's not a ranged attack.
Thunderclaps from BA are useless against Superman or Surfer. LOL at an atomic bomb. These characters have survived in stars. still it can stun supes and yes cap calling the bolt could keep supes back off him

the Darkone
still it can stun supes and yes cap calling the bolt could keep supes back off him

Everybody has their moments of getting speed blitz, even superman has been blitz. Tbh superman is the weakest link for team 2 due to his weakness to magic and since Thor packs more magic output than Captain Marvel these two can take down supes, Thor can cancel out SS. Team 1 wins 6/10

abhilegend
All I have to say is SHAZAM that proves my point.

Technically it was the same Captain Marvel he was just grown up.
Nope. It was an alternate reality captain marvel just like KC superman.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Everybody has their moments of getting speed blitz, even superman has been blitz. Tbh superman is the weakest link for team 2 due to his weakness to magic and since Thor packs more magic output than Captain Marvel these two can take down supes, Thor can cancel out SS. Team 1 wins 6/10

Supes speed + freeze breath >>>>>>>>> Magic

Supes can hv the shit out of Marvel from afar.

DTM
Id go with Superman and Surfer to win a bit more than not here.

Mindship
You put my two favorite characters on the same side?

T2 ftw (totally unbiased, of course).

Raisen
Team 2. Thor is a major weak link here.

PillarofOsiris
Team 2 for a solid majority.

D-Block
Team 1

mighty adam
I can't wait in the new relunch where they expand caps magical powers a bit

D-Block
I can't wait in the new relunch where they expand caps magical powers a bit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.