Mars Attacks MU New York

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThereIsHope
How strong is the Mars Attacks univeres from IDW?

Can they defeat the Marvel universe New york? Nobody gets prep.

Omega Vision
The Avengers annihilate them.

ThereIsHope
Any other comments?

Emi~Kiro
Marvel has most of it's badasses in new York. remember secret invasion? It won't go as well for the Martians than it did for the army of super skrulls.

Plus can't characters like songbird or guys like reed or Tony just whip out sonics?

SevenShackles
Anyone with super speed can just crack their domes. Throw hulk at their giant mechs and Thor/ironman/Hyperion/whoever can handle the flying discs they call ships.
Seems a definite win for MU with alot of property damage and a possible 'frontline' tie in involving shrink rays and a Martian most likely getting hit with a pipe.

ThereIsHope
I think that the Martains can pull out some wins. Especially if there is no prep, there weapons are very diverse.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Marvel has most of it's badasses in new York. remember secret invasion? It won't go as well for the Martians than it did for the army of super skrulls.

Plus can't characters like songbird or guys like reed or Tony just whip out sonics? Nice sig.

ThereIsHope
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro

Plus can't characters like songbird or guys like reed or Tony just whip out sonics?

very nice sig. May I feel?

the ninjak
Reed will figure out their weakness in minutes.

That is if the Martians had the same weakness from the film.

ThereIsHope
I think that if they came in force they take out a large portion of the city including a good portion of heros.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I think that if they came in force they take out a large portion of the city including a good portion of heros.

They have good weapons but are physically weak and have exposed brains. Quicksilver himself could dodge their attacks and crack open their helmets. It takes one punch to discover the weakness of 'they don't breath oxygen'.

The heroes will most likely have to fight for it but at some point not that hard.
Even if most heroes died those fast enough, strong enough and have exotic energy manipulating powers will effortlessly disarm and behead them.

Question, does anyone think ms.marvel could absorb the rays of those disintegration guns negating the effects? (and of course redirect it at them)

ThereIsHope
I think that they would freeze her if they cant hurt her with the rays.

ThereIsHope
Maybe only the street level guys should have been in this fight.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Maybe only the street level guys should have been in this fight.
You'll have to limit the Martians also. Being bombarded by ships would suck lol. Also if it's just dudes like Luke cage and iron fist the Martians have a insane advantage in range and weapons that pretty much kill in one hit.

From my knowledge that is.

Honestly you made me think of the thing taking on Martians ( in a three issue tie-in comic type deal) taking place on his home turf, that would be hilarious (especially if they shrink him and he still beats them around lol)

ThereIsHope
What technology has been used in the new IDW comics?

Freeze rays.
Shrink Rays.
Title waves?

Kazenji
Planet Buster bombs

but except the humans stop it from being used.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Kazenji
Planet Buster bombs

but except the humans stop it from being used.
Scarlet witch hex magic is all I can think of to counter this. I'll admit it was my first idea and I didn't bother to think of another but I'm still sticking to it lol.

pym-ftw
Fantastic four could probably deal with this alone

Johnny isn't getting frozen
Herbie can hack anything they need
Reed has Pym particles to deal with shrink rays
Sue can shield the team from anything thrown at them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.