Antarctic Press does something Crazy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Article

Fred Perry's Gold Digger is reaching it's 200th issue milestone (50 B&W + 150 color).

And so they're releasing all old issues as PDF for free. 190+ of them.

Link to a library of 190+ free comics

Gold Digger's an adventure comic and sorta kitchen sink in it's setting (magic, SF, martial arts, all with an archeologist and a werecheetah as main characters at the center. Also some cheesecake and beefcake). One of the first comics I've picked up, in fact, it's been a consistent bit of fun in my comic reading for years.

For a sample if you want a representation beyond the kinda-rough-art opening, I'd recommend either 27-28, or the start of the color series (51 on that page). For the current story arc, 189 is a good place to jump on.

Oh yes, and as icing on the cake, Fred Perry's Guest of Honor at San Diego Comic Con thanks to his achievement as well.

Kazenji
Who's a Fred Perry?

Q99
Originally posted by Kazenji
Who's a Fred Perry?

Writer/artist. Who did 200 issues of a comic called Gold Digger for Antarctic Press. Read the article! Or the comic! It's all right there ^^

Q99
Well, I'm surprised there's not more reaction. Complete comic run! For free!

Bentley
I just arrived, but yes, this is pretty awesome. Also .pdf format is pretty available, good stuff thumb up

Hopefully more people will do something as unconventional as this, great way to market and present your work.

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
I just arrived, but yes, this is pretty awesome. Also .pdf format is pretty available, good stuff thumb up

Hopefully more people will do something as unconventional as this, great way to market and present your work.

Elfquest once put their entire archives online.... in flash ^^ I think they eventually changed it, but not the best way to browse a giant comic archive! smile

leonidas
elfquest? really? i used to love elfquest....

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
elfquest? really? i used to love elfquest....

Linkie

Q99
Comicbook Resources put an interview up with him.

Classic NES
Cool!

Q99
The Library has been updated up to 199!

Also, if you get a chance to grab 200, I'd recommend doing so. It's a fun and easily-accessible issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.