DC vs Marvel: The Companies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Which comic book company outdoes the other in terms of hyperbole and one-upmanship?

1. Within a company
2. Between companies

Odekahn
Here is who is better down to categories for me.

Comics: DC
Movies: Marvel
Games: Marvel (barely)
Animation: DC

Golgo13
Originally posted by Odekahn
Here is who is better down to categories for me.

Games: Marvel (barely)

I'd think Marvel easily took games, until recently. DC has upped their game. No pun. stick out tongue

-Pr-
I'd say DC has overtaken Marvel in terms of games, as Marvel hasn't had many good games lately. Marvel Heroes is good, but it's no Arkham City.

Golgo13
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd say DC has overtaken Marvel in terms of games, as Marvel hasn't had many good games lately. Marvel Heroes is good, but it's no Arkham City.

What about tv/cartoons in general?

TheGodKiller
Movies: Marvel(by a long shot)
Games: DC
Animation: Marvel

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
What about tv/cartoons in general?

Lately? Marvel. In totality, DC.

DC's animation studios blow Marvel's stuff out of the water more often than not. The only real contender I've seen was EMH, and that got canned way before its time.

Golgo13

DC's animation studios blow Marvel's stuff out of the water more often than not. The only real contender I've seen was EMH, and that got canned way before its time.

I thought EMH got renewed? Counting all their short movies (All-Star, Under the Red Hood, etc...), not to mention Young Justice and GL, DC has Marvel beat in animation, plus all their animation shorts on Cartoon Network.

Astner
Disney. http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

ColossusGrundy
I have no favorite, but I am constantly glad to see the rivalry remain friendly between the two.

They have a great history together.

-Pr-
I thought EMH got renewed? Counting all their short movies (All-Star, Under the Red Hood, etc...), not to mention Young Justice and GL, DC has Marvel beat in animation, plus all their animation shorts on Cartoon Network.

If we're counting the animated movies, then yeah, DC wins.

I was speaking just about television.

Odekahn
I'd think Marvel easily took games, until recently. DC has upped their game. No pun. stick out tongue

Right. I said barely because of the batman games, and I must admit I really enjoyed green lantern rise of the manhunters and dcuo as well. But the xmen legends and ultimate alliance games were a wet dream to me. It's extremely close for me.

DCs animation is leagues better. EMH and Ultimate Spider-Man are great, and 90s xmen will always have a special place in my heart, but between DCs animated movies, GL TAS, young justice, justice league, batman TAS, etc. there's just really no contest.

Placidity
Games: Don't Know
Animation: DC Stomps

curryman
Comics: DC (through vertigo)
Movies: DC. Not sure how to do this actually, Marvel's only had 1 good movie the last 10 years and that was X-Men First class. It's my favourite of the bunch, but the dark knight trilogy is still 3 movies, which would make it 3 - 1 in favor of DC
Animation: lmfao, DC easy.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by curryman
Comics: DC (through vertigo)
Movies: DC. Not sure how to do this actually, Marvel's only had 1 good movie the last 10 years and that was X-Men First class. It's my favourite of the bunch, but the dark knight trilogy is still 3 movies, which would make it 3 - 1 in favor of DC
Animation: lmfao, DC easy.
You didn't like IM, IM 2, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers, Any of the Spiderman?

curryman
Originally posted by armedforbattle
You didn't like IM, IM 2, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers, Any of the Spiderman?

I'm not sure why I set the 10 year limit actually laughing

First two spider-man and x-men movies were good, first class was good and I have a soft spot for the Punisher and the Bana Hulk was great.

On the other hand I have Watchmen, the first two Superman movies and the Dark Knight movies and not to mention the first two Batman movies!

Which puts DC ahead by big grin

SquallX

To bad CN canned both Young Justice and Green Lantern for no reasoning.

Hyperion Prime
comics=Marvel
Movies=Marvel
Games=Marvel
Animation=DC in a huge azz stomp.

Damborgson
DC kicks the crap out of Marvel in animated movies that's for sure.

Odekahn
Marvel wins movies...

Good DC movies...
Superman 1 & 2
Nolan Bat Movies
V for Vendetta
Watchman
Green Lantern was good in parts. 20 mins of awesome throughout the fail.

Now for Marvel
Spider-Man 1 & 2
Xmen 1, 2, First Class
Thor
Captain America
Ironman
Blade 1, 2
Avengers
Punisher

Damborgson
Hulk wasn't bad either

wildernesss
comics=marvel
movies= dc (because of the dark knight trilogy)

curryman
Marvel wins movies...

Good DC movies...
Superman 1 & 2
Nolan Bat Movies
V for Vendetta
Watchman
Green Lantern was good in parts. 20 mins of awesome throughout the fail.

Now for Marvel
Spider-Man 1 & 2
Xmen 1, 2, First Class
Thor
Captain America
Ironman
Blade 1, 2
Avengers
Punisher

Damn, someone liked Captain America?

psycho gundam

DC's animation studios blow Marvel's stuff out of the water more often than not. The only real contender I've seen was EMH, and that got canned way before its time. x-men TAS is still better than all that stuff

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
x-men TAS is still better than all that stuff

Well that's a given, but it was two decades ago.

psycho gundam
i don't have alzheimer's; i remember

Golgo13
Here is a good list from Newsarama on 10 best comic book animated series. 90's rules!

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/10-best-comic-book-animated-series-ever-111018.html

Batman TAS takes the top spot.

curryman
Here is a good list from Newsarama on 10 best comic book animated series. 90's rules!

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/10-best-comic-book-animated-series-ever-111018.html

Batman TAS takes the top spot.

Not sure if I would've given young justice the 2nd place, but this was a pretty good list yeah!

Golgo13
Batman pretty much has the #1 in everything. #1 in movies (Nolan Trilogy), #1 in toons, and #1 in games (Arkham games).

curryman
Batman pretty much has the #1 in everything. #1 in movies (Nolan Trilogy), #1 in toons, and #1 in games (Arkham games).

#1 in games and toons is x-men for me....in my heart at least

Golgo13
X-Men TAS was the bomb! But it had a bunch of crappy episodes as well.

Odekahn
Damn, someone liked Captain America?

Wait... Someone didn't?

And Hulk wasn't bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it good either. It was worth seeing in the movies, and would be nice to watch with someone who hasn't seen it or catch it on tv. It wasn't a must buy for me.

curryman
Wait... Someone didn't?.

I thought that movie was universally hated.

Mostly due to a weak plot, worse script and bland acting wink

Golgo13
Cap was kind of boring. I prefer Hulk by a country mile.

beatboks
Comics - ATM Marvel ( because i hate all but about 2 of the DCNu52)
Movies - Marvel a few great bat films doesn't make up for all the good Marvel ones, hell even the Marvel flops like GR, DD and HULK are better than some of the mediocre DC like Return of Superman.
Animation - DC has been doing it better of late JL, JLU,Teen Titans, YJ. a few years ago it would have gone the other way
Games - marvel the only DC game I've played that i like is Justice League heroes marvel still have a lot more out there

curryman
Originally posted by beatboks

Games - marvel the only DC game I've played that i like is Justice League heroes marvel still have a lot more out there

A lot more out there?

Name two.

Golgo13
Injustice Gods Among Us is shaping up to be one of the best fighting games I have seen. Anyone see this?

jvcmj5tIi0Q

beatboks
A lot more out there?

Name two.
Your kidding right?

Just in the games I have for my PS2 and PS 3 there are 6 Spiderman games, 3 Ironman games, 2 marvel super hero squad, Marvel avengers alliance, Marvel nemesis, Xmen legends I/II/III, Marvel Ult alliance, Marvel v Capcom I/II, Thor, Three Hulk games, Captain America, at least 6 Xmen games (if you include origins Wolverine), Marvel heroes war of the gems.

My WII list would only be half that but no games are replicated. Then there are the few dozen others I've borrowed from friends.

T have even half that number of DC games I'd have to go back as far as my nintendo 64

Golgo13
^^ Lego Batman 1 and 2 beats all those games. Arkham Asylum as well. stick out tongue

Kazenji
I thought that movie was universally hated.

Mostly due to a weak plot, worse script and bland acting wink

Which Cap movie are we talking about here?

there's like 3 movies

must be talking about the 1990 movie.

Your kidding right?

Just in the games I have for my PS2 and PS 3 there are 6 Spiderman games, 3 Ironman games, 2 marvel super hero squad, Marvel avengers alliance, Marvel nemesis, Xmen legends I/II/III, Marvel Ult alliance, Marvel v Capcom I/II, Thor, Three Hulk games, Captain America, at least 6 Xmen games (if you include origins Wolverine), Marvel heroes war of the gems.

My WII list would only be half that but no games are replicated. Then there are the few dozen others I've borrowed from friends.

T have even half that number of DC games I'd have to go back as far as my nintendo 64

Alot of those movie tie in ones were rubbish anyway

beatboks
^^ Lego Batman 1 and 2 beats all those games. Arkham Asylum as well. stick out tongue

Don't really like either much. But I do like Brave and the Bold.

beatboks
Originally posted by Kazenji
Which Cap movie are we talking about here?

there's like 3 movies

must be talking about the 1990 movie.

Alot of those movie tie in ones were rubbish anyway

Of the list I made only one Spiderman one, the two IM, one HUlk and two Xmen and the Thor one were movie tie ins.

Kazenji
Spider-Man 2 was good

both Iron Man games were turds same with Thor.

Estacado
Games: DC lately (Batman Arkham series ,Injustice will kick ass for sure)

comicfan11
Games: DC?
Animation: DC (though LOL at Young Justice being the second best animated show according to Newsarama)

Sixth_Winged
Comics: Tie.
Games: Marvel (Marvel by count, though dc atm is about to close that gap)
Animation: Dc

Batman-Prime
^Quality > Quantity

Comics: DC (though over a decade ago it was closer or Marvel)
Games: DC (Marvel ruled in the 90-2000)
Movies: Marvel (DC once though)

Sixth_Winged
Yeah except they dont have much quality

Let's see

batman arkham asylum - good
batman arkham city - great
dcuo - good but gets repetitive
mk vs. Dc - yawn.
dc injustice for all - not out yet

armedforbattle
Comics: Marvel for me. A large part of the reason is because of MDCU, all the comics I want for 5 bucks a month.

Movies: Marvel. With the exception of TDK, DC doesn't have much for me.

Games: this one comes down to: Ultimate Alliance vs Batman.
And batman was not only a great comic book game, it was a great Game all around... really the only comic game that has done that IMO.... MUA was great but it was no Batman.

Animation: DC hands down. JLU is my all time favorite cartoon.

Golgo13
I'm waiting for Disney to produce something as awesome as X-Men TAS again. Crosses fingers.

wZAhqEiq4cA

Comics: Marvel's mainstream series are all around better IMO as I find its characters and mithos much more compelling, specially the x-verse. DC does have a much better 'adult' seal, as Vertigo blows Max out of the water. DC has also put lot more superb graphic novels that have made history out there.

Movies: Overall Marvel. DC has the single best franchise, which is batman.
animation: DC

pym-ftw
You could also bring up action figures

Marvel legends, Universe, and Select vs Dc Direct, Universe, & their 3 3/4 in figures
aswell as movie tv tie in toys...

But I guess its not really fair....
Never played either of their Tcgs but that's another point of comparison...

Golgo13
I think DC also has the better imprints. Vertigo and WS (when it was around) lead the way in innovation,

-Pr-
Comics: Ever, Marvel, right now, DC. The writing quality has dipped sharply at Marvel, and X-Men are the worst they've been in 30 years.

Games: Ever, Marvel, right now, DC. DC has had good Batman games in the past, but they were never going to be able to compete with Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends. Then Arkham came along.

Animation: Ever, Marvel, right now, DC. As good as Marvel's shows were in the 90s, DC has Bruce Timm to thank for taking over, add to that their movies and they win.

Movies: Marvel. Nolan's trilogy is good, no doubt, but Marvel's movies always felt more faithful to their characters (bar X-Men, because **** Bryan Singer), and there were just more of them too.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

Games: DC (Marvel ruled in the 90-2000)

All those games from Capcom & Konami

don't know why don't get them involved again since they've ditched SEGA.

Golgo13
Anyone remember that X-Men arcade game? That was the shit.

Kazenji
There's that Deadpool game coming but i doubt that's going to knock off the Arkham Games from that spot.

dynamix
Comics: admittedly, I'm relatively new to comics. I personally like Marvel better. But DC Vertigo is a very very close 2nd.

Movies: Overall..i say Marvel. Someone mentioned earlier that Batman is the single best franchise and i definitely agree with that.

Games: I don't play games too much anymore (i grew up on sega genesis and nintendo) and during my time, X-men genesis series was pretty dope. Capcom vs Marvel is pretty awesome too. And the original arcade beat'em-up game was fun as hell! Haven't play Arkham Asylum yet and by the look of things in this thread, i probably should check it out lol.

Animation: Batman animated series was da shizznits. JLU was unfukwitable too. Ill go with DC.

Odekahn
Your kidding right?

Wait, there's an xmen legends 3???

curryman
Your kidding right?

I meant two that were not garbage.

But yeah, Marvel has the numbers. I completely forgot about Spider-man 1 and 2.

Kazenji
He never got the Punisher game for the PS2?

fail already

alot of the Marvel games were mostly quantity over quality.

Newjak
Comics: For the most part this just comes down to which characters and titles you are reading.

Games: The Batman games will probably put DC in front of this but Marvel has had some great games in their time. I still say the free roaming Spider-man games are still some of my favorite games to play ever in terms of just enjoying it.

Animation: For animated movies DC stomps with quantity and quality. Although I fell animated Planet Hulk is pretty underrated, Thor blood brothers is pretty good. As well as the Ultimate Movies and Avengers next gen or whatever it was called were all pretty good as well.

For TV shows I thought EMH was better than JLU. JL I loved but mostly I re-watch for the animated fights they had which were superb. For Batman TAS there was X-men TAS. There was also Spider-man TAS and Ironman TAS both of which I thought were better or more enjoyable than Superman TAS. Batman Beyond I thought was completely underrated as a show.

Movies. I don't think there is a question here who reigns supreme. Marvel is so far ahead in this category it isn't even funny. Nolan's Batman Trilogy was great but Marvel tore it to pieces with the Avengers. I also think people tend to forget the older Blade movies with Wesley Snipes which were great fun films.

curryman
Originally posted by Newjak
Nolan's Batman Trilogy was great but Marvel tore it to pieces with the Avengers. I also think people tend to forget the older Blade movies with Wesley Snipes which were great fun films.

Damn dude, really?

I feel like Avengers was the safest movie I've ever seen.

Newjak
Damn dude, really?

I feel like Avengers was the safest movie I've ever seen. To be honest I think people tend to lump all the good parts of Nolan's movies together while over-looking the bad stuff from of each movie.

As for the Avengers being safe I tend to disagree. But regardless of how you define safe it definitely was one of the most ambitious movies, much less comic book movies, ever. The build up to it was phenomenal. The characters were handled well. And to tell you the truth I don't really think the Nolan Batman movies broke new ground either. Also what exactly made it so the nolan batman movies didn't play it safe?

curryman
To be honest I think people tend to lump all the good parts of Nolan's movies together while over-looking the bad stuff from of each movie.

As for the Avengers being safe I tend to disagree. But regardless of how you define safe it definitely was one of the most ambitious movies, much less comic book movies, ever. The build up to it was phenomenal. The characters were handled well. And to tell you the truth I don't really think the Batman movies broke new ground either. Also what exactly made it so the batman movies didn't play it safe?

They were better because they actually drew parallels and contrasts between the antagonist and protagonist.

I think the Nolan movies handled humor better, where most of the intended jokes actually landed. Whedon had a lot of funny stuff, no doubt. But when he's slinging jokes at 4 puns a minute something's bound to land big grin

I never felt like the Avengers faced a threat. Everybody got to wail on Loki and then the terribad Aliens showed up and the guy with the shield and the girl with the pistol sent 'em packin'.

Nolan movies go through the various natures of evil and put Batman in some ethically shaky positions. I.e when he actually lets Ra's Al Ghul die. Fury makes some shady calls but that's because he's being highlighted as a possible future enemy/whatever. The Avengers themselves never really seem to be in any situation where it's not fully clear cut what's wrong/right.

Another point are the actors in Avengers. Ruffalo is really talented and he was the only one that really accomplished anything. Hiddleston does the best with what he's given (little and less), but sadly Whedon killed his one good scene to make another pun.

Some of the points where I feel most of the Nolan movies (mainly Batman Begins) win.

Newjak
They were better because they actually drew parallels and contrasts between the antagonist and protagonist.

I think the Nolan movies handled humor better, where most of the intended jokes actually landed. Whedon had a lot of funny stuff, no doubt. But when he's slinging jokes at 4 puns a minute something's bound to land big grin

I never felt like the Avengers faced a threat. Everybody got to wail on Loki and then the terribad Aliens showed up and the guy with the shield and the girl with the pistol sent 'em packin'.

Nolan movies go through the various natures of evil and put Batman in some ethically shaky positions. I.e when he actually lets Ra's Al Ghul die. Fury makes some shady calls but that's because he's being highlighted as a possible future enemy/whatever. The Avengers themselves never really seem to be in any situation where it's not fully clear cut what's wrong/right.

Another point are the actors in Avengers. Ruffalo is really talented and he was the only one that really accomplished anything. Hiddleston does the best with what he's given (little and less), but sadly Whedon killed his one good scene to make another pun.

Some of the points where I feel most of the Nolan movies (mainly Batman Begins) win. A lot of that is just personal preference, none of it sounds ground breaking to me.

Also I felt a lot of Batman's more ethically shaky moments were either contrived and overblown, or were so glossed over they really didn't serve anything to the plot. Like the Ras moment. He just let him die no big deal no real consequences or moral ridicule. I feel like someone watching that scene would have to force this shady nature on it cause batman never actually feels any kind of angst during it or after. Even when he reappears in TDKR batman never feels any kind of remorse for the death of Ras.

And the Avengers had Thor trying to save his brother from his self and failing, the Hulk almost killed Black widow, Agent Coulson did die. That definitely wasn't playing it safe considering the popularity of Phil.

curryman
A lot of that is just personal preference, none of it sounds ground breaking to me.

Also I felt a lot of Batman's more ethically shaky moments were either contrived and overblown, or were so glossed over they really didn't serve anything to the plot. Like the Ras moment. He just let him die no big deal no real consequences or moral ridicule. I feel like someone watching that scene would have to force this shady nature on it cause batman never actually feels any kind of angst during it or after. Even when he reappears in TDKR batman never feels any kind of remorse for the death of Ras.

And the Avengers had Thor trying to save his brother from his self and failing, the Hulk almost killed Black widow, Agent Coulson did die. That definitely wasn't playing it safe considering the popularity
of Phil.

I didn't say any of it was groundbreaking. I said that they were quality-movies.

Whether or not you felt that they were good, the Batman movies actually tried to deal with moral dilemma. Like I already mentioned there's not drawn any parallels between the protagonists and the antagonists. He's struggling with how to approach the problems in Gotham, he's struggling with acceptance, the girl, and the possible abuse of his own power.

You claim that these are personal opinions? They are not. An opinion would be whether or not I feel that these were good and/or carried out properly. Regardless of that Nolan actually tries to do something.

Avengers was a movie with heroes cracking skulls and one-liners, but little to nothing in the way of a plot and there's little to be had in the way of character development. Downey was funny, but only quality-acting only came from Mr.Ruffalo.

It's not a movie that made you think and it had no depth.

Newjak
I didn't say any of it was groundbreaking. I said that they were quality-movies.

Whether or not you felt that they were good, the Batman movies actually tried to deal with moral dilemma. Like I already mentioned there's not drawn any parallels between the protagonists and the antagonists. He's struggling with how to approach the problems in Gotham, he's struggling with acceptance, the girl, and the possible abuse of his own power.

You claim that these are personal opinions? They are not. An opinion would be whether or not I feel that these were good and/or carried out properly. Regardless of that Nolan actually tries to do something.

Avengers was a movie with heroes cracking skulls and one-liners, but little to nothing in the way of a plot and there's little to be had in the way of character development. Downey was funny, but only quality-acting only came from Mr.Ruffalo.

It's not a movie that made you think and it had no depth. I agree I thought they were quality movies as well. I own all of Nolan's trilogy.

Most people can do what you did though and make any movie sound much deeper than it is. They are personal opinions. who you feel these moments make a movie much less safe. Yes Nolan tried to do things to produce moral grey areas, that doesn't mean he succeeded or succeeded as well as you are thinking.

Also if you're going to use all three of the Nolan Movies I'm going to use all the Avengers Tie-In movies which all had great acting, solid moral dilemmas and great build up the Avengers which carried a lot of that stuff over from the tie-ins.

-Pr-
While I think Nolan's Batman is a better "movie" than Avengers, I think Avengers was closer to the source material, and I enjoyed it more.

TheLordofMurder
The other catagories are debatable, but the games catagory is not; DC absolutely owns that one with games such as the recent Batman games and DC Universe Online...

Marvel has nothing that can touch these two at present...

-Pr-
DC Online kind of fell by the wayside, imo. It's still a good game, but Marvel Heroes is as good, imo.

And Marvel has the new Lego game coming out.

TheLordofMurder
DC Online kind of fell by the wayside, imo. It's still a good game, but Marvel Heroes is as good, imo.

And Marvel has the new Lego game coming out.

Honestly, I havent played the Marvel MMO yet, but from what I have read (and been told), you have to use a premade character (which kills the standard idea inherent to MMO's; build your own character) which doesnt sit well with me...

DC Universe Online, on the other hand, simply continues to build upon awesomeness; have you checked out the Home Turf update yet? Sheer brillance...the ability to have your own base, be able to furnish it, and be able to call upon obital strikes, minions, and supply drops from said base is amazing.

A few peeps in my league said that the Marvel game is decent, but is still far behind DCUO...

-Pr-
I actually prefer it because I get to play as canon characters, instead of having to make my own version of a character I really like.

I haven't checked out home turf yet, no.

Golgo13
Have yet to play the DC MMO, but I hear really good things from it.

-Pr-
It's a solid game. They did the Lantern powerset better than the actual GL licensed game.

Golgo13
I'll probably never play the game, since I hardly ever play RPG's anymore, but are there still people playing it?

-Pr-
Yeah, it still has a pretty decent following last I checked. It's free to play too (though some things like the Lantern powers are separate addons).

It's a combination of mission and grind based gameplay, and the presentation is top notch. At the very least, give it a couple of hours and see what you think.

Mindship
Well...I just want to thank everyone for responding to my OP, especially given that any threads I started in the past rarely got past page 1.

However (and my bad for not being clearer), my intent was get a sense of opinion on which comic company, well, goes over the top with, eg, character feats (one-upmanship with either other characters in the same company or its main rival), or with hyperbole (ie, when one character states what another character can do or did, though that feat was never on panel).

In any event, I did learn some interesting stuff anyway from everyone's responses. So thanks for showing me that not all my threads automatically become utter and complete flops.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Mindship
Well...I just want to thank everyone for responding to my OP, especially given that any threads I started in the past rarely got past page 1.

However (and my bad for not being clearer), my intent was get a sense of opinion on which comic company, well, goes over the top with, eg, character feats (one-upmanship with either other characters in the same company or its main rival), or with hyperbole (ie, when one character states what another character can do or did, though that feat was never on panel).

In any event, I did learn some interesting stuff anyway from everyone's responses. So thanks for showing me that not all my threads automatically become utter and complete flops.

LOL! I was wondering why nobody actually responded to the question at hand. Anyway, Pre-Crisis went over the top a lot for characters like Legion and Superboy. DC still has a lot of over the top feats and Marvel is right in the thick of things, if you include Hyperion's feat.

Philosophía
DC has greater diversity, complexity and mature themes in both their comics, aswell as movies.
Marvel are mostly 'superheroes', which is basically the formula they applied to their movies. There's nothing really remarkable about their movies, other than the fact that they're 'good, safe superhero movies'.

Golgo13

Philosophía
There's no doubt that once the 80s and the creative boom at DC took place, they stomped Marvel in the ground as far as sheer quality, diversity and complexity was concerned; but I'm talking in general, with how DC approached the movie Universes, too.

If you look at Marvel's cinematic universe, almost all of the movies have the same 'feel' to them. Spiderman, X-Men, Iron Man, Captain America etc. They all feel like the same 'Universe' whch was the point for half of them, but a little bit of artistic license would be welcome], with no strong point, or anything really other than a superficial, generic moral trait for dummies. With Captain America they tried to go "it's so stupid it's charming" but I feel they failed, for example. I cringed when Steve Rogers jumped on the grenade, in a horribly goofy 'he is such a good guy' type of scene. I even cringed when Xavier went all 'they're just following orders' in X-Men First Class, as another example. But I overlook it, because I'm a fanboy for Magneto, and seeing him 'comic-like' comic to movie was amazing.

And it all culminated in Avengers - a movie about nothing, really, other than superheroes punching eachother and then the villain. Fanboy orgasm? Sure. But..that's it. You really have to squint to find, well, anything other than that really.

The Marvel movies are good for what they are - safe superhero comics, with high entertrainment value, but in terms of what they mean to me personally they fall ridiculously flat and unimportant, other than the "It was so cool when Magneto lifted the submarine" type of fan satisfcation. Even when they try to make some sort of deeper meaning to the work, it's so unsubtle and on-the-nose approach that it sometimes annoys.

psycho gundam

kuraamyook
DC destroys Marvel in animation and comics
Marvel rips off DC too much

Movie is Marvel

Anyone who thinks Marvel is anywhere close to DC in games needs to get their head examined

Arkham games and now Injustice

In fact Marvel has asked Warner Bros to develop Lego Marvel, Marvel realizes they suck so much dick with video games they asked the competition for help laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Injustice hasn't even come out yet.

Batman-Prime
^Wait till Kingdom Hearts with Marvel Heroes is released, and Star Wars...

kuraamyook
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Yeah except they dont have much quality

Let's see

batman arkham asylum - good
batman arkham city - great
dcuo - good but gets repetitive
mk vs. Dc - yawn.
dc injustice for all - not out yet

Arkham Asylum was one of the best games of 2009 and Arkham City was the highest rated game of 2011, it was the only game that beat Skyrim in reviews.

What does Marvel have? Shit ultimate alliance and shittier ultimate alliance 2? How about Earth's mightest heroes

If DC doesn't have much quality than Marvel has none, it's not even close .

kuraamyook
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
^Wait till Kingdom Hearts with Marvel Heroes is released, and Star Wars... Yeah but it's Square Enix, most of DC's games are devleoped in house, Neatherrealm, Rocksteady and Telltale are owned by Warner Bros

Marvel essentially begged Warner Bros for help so Telltale is making Marvel Lego

Crapcom makes MvC 3 and Activision makes the terrible Spiderman Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny sick sick sick

Golgo13
I finally played Arkham Asylum not too long ago and it's one of my favorite games. Probably not top 10, but definitely top 20. Can't wait to play Arkham City. Should be even better.

kuraamyook
Injustice hasn't even come out yet. It's m ade by the guys who made MK 2011 which blew MvC3 out of the water

And it was already demoed at EVO and everyone thought it was amazing

pym-ftw
Originally posted by kuraamyook
DC destroys Marvel in animation and comics
Marvel rips off DC too much

Movie is Marvel

Anyone who thinks Marvel is anywhere close to DC in games needs to get their head examined

Arkham games and now Injustice

In fact Marvel has asked Warner Bros to develop Lego Marvel, Marvel realizes they suck so much dick with video games they asked the competition for help laughing out loud
Who are you a sock of?

You have way to much hate too be new...

kuraamyook
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Who are you a sock of?

You have way to much hate too be new... Why are you upset? I'm just speaking the truth.

Why don't you go play Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny and I'll play Arkham City and Injustice big grin

Golgo13
It's m ade by the guys who made MK 2011 which blew MvC3 out of the water

And it was already demoed at EVO and everyone thought it was amazing

MK was definitely one of my fav fighting games. Where are the reviews for Injustice?

kuraamyook
MK was definitely one of my fav fighting games. Where are the reviews for Injustice? There aren't any reviews but everyone at EVO flipped their shit when they saw it.

Golgo13
Well, the game does look amazing. So, not entirely surprised.

pym-ftw
Why are you upset? I'm just speaking the truth.

Why don't you go play Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny and I'll play Arkham City and Injustice big grin
I'm not upset, but your posts are just dripping with hate....

I'll play xmen on my genesis, thank you very much
geek

kuraamyook
I'm not upset, but your posts are just dripping with hate....

I'll play xmen on my genesis, thank you very much
geek that's just sad

pym-ftw
I know it took dc till now to make a quality game

Golgo13
Batman for Sega was a good side scroller.

Astner
I know it took dc till now to make a quality game
I heard that Batman: Arkham Asylum was good.

Damborgson
Animation: For animated movies DC stomps with quantity and quality. Although I fell animated Planet Hulk is pretty underrated, Thor blood brothers is pretty good. As well as the Ultimate Movies and Avengers next gen or whatever it was called were all pretty good as well.

Blood Brothers was definitely good, but I don't like that motion comic BS Marvel does. Why not just take some more time and make a good looking animated movie? I would have preferred it any day over motion comic graphics.

pym-ftw
Movie tie ins?
Not bad, but not great games

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Astner
I heard that Batman: Arkham Asylum was good.
The endings horrible

kuraamyook
I know it took dc till now to make a quality game At least they made their own quality game, Marvel doesn't have in house studios and has to grant license to other studios

Marvel pretty much fails in the video game department, their best games are mediocre at best, they don't triple A titles and they don't have their own in house developers which is why they begged Warner Bros for help laughing out loud

Marvel is essentially a joke now, when they aren't ripping off DC they are begging for help

kuraamyook
Once Injustice comes out Marvel will go back to Crapcom and beg them to make MvC4 and Ultimate MvC4 where they'll add 8 characters and charge 40 bucks for it laughing out loud

psycho gundam
It's m ade by the guys who made MK 2011 which blew MvC3 out of the water

And it was already demoed at EVO and everyone thought it was amazing mk 09 isn't better than umvc3, company dickriding aside (which by the way is stupid)

Batman-Prime

kuraamyook
mk 09 isn't better than umvc3, company dickriding aside (which by the way is stupid) According to metacritics and Evo it is, by a considerable margin.

MvC3 was a piece of crap, overpowered Sentinel and 6 months later we get to pay 40 bucks for 8 more characters mad

psycho gundam
You're clearly too emotional to see that you're just slandering and not showing both sides. Mk had tons of flawed characters like kabal and shang-tsung. Less pro gamers play mk in evo.

Sentinel is low tier after the changes.

kuraamyook
You're clearly too emotional to see that you're just slandering and not showing both sides. Mk had tons of flawed characters like kabal and shang-tsung. Less pro gamers play mk in evo.

Sentinel is low tier after the changes. All I hear from you is waaaa

psycho gundam
Lol. That's the standard retort when someone is called out for their emotion filled rant.

The discussion is over now and you will just stick to being called "emotional". This is human nature

kuraamyook
Don't get mad because I'm right, go play your unbalanced shitfest and have fun paying 40 bucks for 5 new characters laughing out loud

Golgo13
MVC 3 is crap, though. MK had a much better story mode than any fighting game.

pym-ftw
At least they made their own quality game, Marvel doesn't have in house studios and has to grant license to other studios

Marvel pretty much fails in the video game department, their best games are mediocre at best, they don't triple A titles and they don't have their own in house developers which is why they begged Warner Bros for help laughing out loud

Marvel is essentially a joke now, when they aren't ripping off DC they are begging for help
laughing out loud
So much hate,...

So who are you really?

Sixth_Winged
Arkham Asylum was one of the best games of 2009 and Arkham City was the highest rated game of 2011, it was the only game that beat Skyrim in reviews.

What does Marvel have? Shit ultimate alliance and shittier ultimate alliance 2? How about Earth's mightest heroes

If DC doesn't have much quality than Marvel has none, it's not even close .

asylum was ok but nothing great. Ultimately lacking free roam. Sorry.

injustice isnt even out yet.

So that leaves you with arkham city. Sorry but that's not enough to pull DC ahead even if Marvel doesnt necessarily have anything as good.

edit. Forgot bout dcuo. This helps close the gap for me as I am a Mmo gamer first and foremost but still lacking numbers to compete

psycho gundam
laughing out loud
So much hate,...

So who are you really? the guy's beside himself with anger.
just wait till he realizes dc isn't gong to send him any cheques for what he's doing

Golgo13

So that leaves you with arkham city. Sorry but that's not enough to pull DC ahead even if Marvel doesnt necessarily have anything as good.

edit. Forgot bout dcuo. This helps close the gap for me as I am a Mmo gamer first and foremost but still lacking numbers to compete

Difference of opinions, but I thought the game was pretty awesome. Yeah, not a lot of free roaming, but it wasn't stated to be a sandbox type of game. Still the best super hero game in my book.

pym-ftw
Even the final boss

Golgo13
IMO, this is Marvel's best game.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/xmen_zpsb12cece8.jpg

kuraamyook

edit. Forgot bout dcuo. This helps close the gap for me as I am a Mmo gamer first and foremost but still lacking numbers to compete I know you aren't very smart so I'll speak slowly for you

Arkham Asylum has a 92 on metacritics, that puts it in the same league as Triple A games like Halo, Mass Effect, Portal 2, Far Cry 3, Gears of War.

You keep saying it's ok but nothing great when all the professional reviewers state otherwise, so your opinion means jack

So lets review
Arkham Asylum = 92
Arkham City = 96
Lego DC = 81
Injustice has already received acclaim from the fighting game community'

Marvel has
Ultimate Alliance = 82
Ultimate Alliance 2 = 78
Xmen Destiny = 47
Spiderman Edge of Time = 57

DC objectively destroys Marvel in the video game department so bad that Marvel is begging them to use the Lego License, that's how bad Marvel is getting raped.

kuraamyook
the guy's beside himself with anger.
just wait till he realizes dc isn't gong to send him any cheques for what he's doing Nope instead their going to send me Arkham 3, Injustice and other awesome Neatherrealm and Rocksteady games

Have fun with MvC3 Super Duper Edition where you get another 4 characters for a whopping 40 dollars laughing out loud

psycho gundam
k

pym-ftw
Sock Talk
I'm sure Disney isn't hurting, if it is they are they can roll in the over billion dollars in revenue Avengers made....

What's your real name sock?

kuraamyook
I'm sure Disney isn't hurting, if it is they are they can roll in the over billion dollars in revenue Avengers made....

What's your real name sock? What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about who delivers the better quality products, Disney can make as much money as they please, good for them, it doesn't change the fact that their animation and video games blow dick

Sixth_Winged

I know you aren't very smart so I'll speak slowly for you

laughing laughing laughing laughing LOL....

Of all the failures in post I've ever seen this is probably has to be the biggest. Think before you post because even i feel embarassed for you.

Sorry my opinion cannot be changed by reviews you took time to check... but thanks for trying.

Lego DC... are you for real?

What you mean like marvel vs. capcom 3 before it was released?

You just referenced lego dc just now and you act like it's a bad thing? laughing

Sigh your posts are full of failure you should just stop now.

Omega Vision
cheques
And just like that, Psycho outed himself as a Limey.

CosmicComet
The new Lego Batman is a GREAT game, actually.

Far better than anything Marvel has had as of late as well.

I'm guessing you have something against legos?

kuraamyook
laughing laughing laughing laughing LOL....

Of all the failures in post I've ever seen this is probably has to be the biggest. Think before you post because even i feel embarassed for you.

Sorry my opinion cannot be changed by reviews you took time to check... but thanks for trying.

Lego DC... are you for real?

What you mean like marvel vs. capcom 3 before it was released?

You just referenced lego dc just now and you act like it's a bad thing? laughing

Sigh you posts are full of failure you should just stop now. Actually I should be thanking you, you just proved you don't know what the hell you're talking about

The entire fighting game community and EVO panned MvC3 before it was released in 2011, Crapcom got massive backlash from the FGC when they decided to release Ultimate MvC3 instead of releasing it as a DLC. A majority of the top competitors have stated they would rather play Super Street Fighter 4 because of the balancing issues in MvC3

Good job, if you want to keep posting and looking like a bigger asshat then by all means cool

Lego Dc = higher review average than all of Marvel's games

professional reviewers >>you

psycho gundam
meanwhile in reality, the top players are still playing mcv3 getting ready for evo and sbo 2013

POvfgRYxFfk

kuraamyook
No one said that they don't play MvC3 at Evo you idiot, just that the game and developer got backlash not only for it's balancing issues but because of Crapcom themselves charging 40 dollars for 8 characters.

Have fun getting ripped off. I'm sure you're waiting for the MvC3 ultimate awesome edition

Mindset
No one said that they don't play MvC3 at Evo you idiot, just that the game and developer got backlash not only for it's balancing issues but because of Crapcom themselves charging 40 dollars for 8 characters.

Have fun getting ripped off. I'm sure you're waiting for the MvC3 ultimate awesome edition There's no need for these harsh words.

Let's be friends.

Sixth_Winged
Actually I should be thanking you, you just proved you don't know what the hell you're talking about

The entire fighting game community and EVO panned MvC3 before it was released in 2011, Crapcom got massive backlash from the FGC when they decided to release Ultimate MvC3 instead of releasing it as a DLC. A majority of the top competitors have stated they would rather play Super Street Fighter 4 because of the balancing issues in MvC3

Good job, if you want to keep posting and looking like a bigger asshat then by all means cool

Lego Dc = higher review average than all of Marvel's games

professional reviewers >>you

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Good job spreading ignorance and falsehoods son. Bravo

Why don't you post the score reviewers gave mvc3 when it was release to help your case?

Not low enough?

Maybe you should tell us who takes center stage as the main event during EVO's till now?

Oh rights... that's UMVC 3.

And again citing LEGO DC haha.

kuraamyook
Speaking of which another Crapcom game, Street Fighter x Tekken was also panned royally

It just goes to show you that Marvel and Disney will associate themselves with garbage companys like Activision and Crapcom

Instead of making a good Arkham quality game, marvel is more interested in licensing 100 Edge of Time and MvC rehash pieces of shit, Marvel is the ultimate example of quantity over quality and are more interested in cheap cash ins than doing proper justice for their licences and fanbase

f(cking disgraceful

kuraamyook
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Good job spreading ignorance and falsehoods son. Bravo

Why don't you post the score reviewers gave mvc3 when it was release to help your case?

Not low enough?

Maybe you should tell us who takes center stage as the main event during EVO's till now?

Oh rights... that's UMVC 3.

And again citing LEGO DC haha. ...this is exactly why inbreeding should be illegal...

Sixth_Winged
...this is exactly why inbreeding should be illegal...

So basically no retort? Good job bro

kuraamyook
So basically no retort? Good job bro I couldn't formulate a retort that would appeal to someone with only a third grade education

But..

Do you want to know what the staggering irony is here? For all the shit you've been talking about Lego DC, despite the fact that it outscored almost every Marvel game, Marvel and Disney themselves have asked Warner Bros to developer and publish Lego Marvel.

Yup, bad series according to you, even though Marvel bent over and begged WB to make one for them laughing

Sixth_Winged
Sorry man, I'm just astounded by the overwhelming proof you provide here that they begged Warner Brothers to make their game for them.

Maybe we should also surmise WB don't get profit cuts whatsoever from selling this marvel game.

kuraamyook
Sorry man, I'm just astounded by the overwhelming proof you provide here that they begged Warner Brothers to make their game for them.

Maybe we should also surmise WB don't get profit cuts whatsoever from selling this marvel game.

But you already stated that the Lego games suck, never mind they outscored the majority of Marvel games, you said they suck yet Disney and Marvel wanted one.

psycho gundam
marvel must have fired this guy's dad or something

kuraamyook
marvel must have fired this guy's dad or something No, he got laid off when Marvel almsot went bankrupt because of Clone Wars laughing out loud

But really, All I've done is spoken the truth, you don't have to accept it but pretty much everything I've stated so far has been objective

kuraamyook
Speaking of objective lets not forget about Amazing Spiderman, Marvel and Activisions piss poor attempt to copy the Arkham Forumla, carbon copy combat, stealth and gameplay

Only difference is the substansial difference in quality

Marvel essentially realized that no matter how many times they try to rip off DC they can't match the quality.

So they decided to go to Warner Bros themselves, and start off by letting Telltale make Lego Marvel

Seriously how long is it going to be until Marvel and Disney beg Warner Bros to let Rocksteady and Neatherrealm have a crack at their licenses?
Marvel and Disney essentially admit that the only way they can match DC quality is to let WB developers do the work, they are essentially admitting defeat and that WB has better talent than Disney

I know it hurts Marvel fans but these are the facts . Accept them and move on

psycho gundam
spider-man 2 was the originator of this style. THAT was the prototype.

both companies have a lot of bad games to their credit, dc probably has more if you truly are objective.

kuraamyook
Nonsense, if you're talking about Spiderman 2 which was based off of the movie it didn't have any of the elements that Arkham games did.

ASM completely ripped it off though

They both have bad games, but DC has redeemed themselves because WB actually invest in their talent hence why Telltale, Rocksteady and Neatherrealm are all owned by them, where Marvel has no choice but to license their characters out

I'm still waiting for Marvel to make up for the abominations that were Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny which ironically both came out at the same time.

It doesn't matter now, Marvel essentially admits they can't compete so they asked WB to develop and publish Lego Marvel, it's only a matter of time before they ask WB to let Rocksteady and Neatherealm make games, because lord knows Crapcom and Activision can't get the job done

pym-ftw
Instead of making a good Arkham quality game, marvel is more interested in licensing 100 Edge of Time and MvC rehash pieces of shit, Marvel is the ultimate example of quantity over quality and are more interested in cheap cash ins than doing proper justice for their licences and fanbase

Lol at your anger sock, time for some knowledge

You hate on Capcoms fighting games, but Dc went to Midway who went bankrupt...

Proper justice to licences? They bastardize the source material by recreating everything in a new reality and just label it Batman...

And dc didn't innovate the lego games, starwars did which is now owned by Disney...

Facts...
smile

psycho gundam
who made dc vs mk? lawl

you love dc, we get it, but can you just turn it down a few notches? your over zealousness doesn't score any points for the company.

kuraamyook
who made dc vs mk? lawl

you love dc, we get it, but can you just turn it down a few notches? your over zealousness doesn't score any points for the company. dc vs mk >> street fighter x tekken

I love the truth, and the truth is Marvel begged DC for help. That's how pathetic they are

Cry more.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/sarkozylaugh_zpsc94007a4.gif

go to sleep

kuraamyook
Lol at your anger sock, time for some knowledge

You hate on Capcoms fighting games, but Dc went to Midway who went bankrupt...

Proper justice to licences? They bastardize the source material by recreating everything in a new reality and just label it Batman...

And dc didn't innovate the lego games, starwars did which is now owned by Disney...

Facts...
smile Dc bought out Midway who became Neatherrealm

Neatherrealm developed MK 2011

MK2011 on metacritics =86
MvC3 on metacritics =84

Proper justice, Arkham games get critical acclaim, Marvel gives us Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny

Actually dummy there were Lego games dating all the way back to the 90's on PC, Star Wars didn't innovate shit

And the Lego Star Wars game from 2005 was made by Traveler Tales which is owned by Warner Bros

Marvel knows they can't m ake decent games so they beg WB for help

Facts smile

kuraamyook
Objective truth. Marvel tried to rip off Arkham City and failed so now they're hoping that Rocksteady will make them a decent game

pym-ftw
Sock Talk
Starwars made the lego games into a serious game, I'm sure lego had other games before starwars made it special...

Ok, your obviously just trolling, were you the kid in the Simpsons who had his batmobile destroyed by Stan Lee....

But just lol it off with some insults like "Dummy", "Idiot", or "stupid"
At least I'm not a sock...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>