luffy vs makarov

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luffygear4
pre-timeskip luffy
makarov has fairy light
luffy has gears

Q99
Makarov in giant mode is too tough for anything but Gear 3 strikes to hurt (Yes, giant mode is *that* tough. Though to be fair, it also apparently takes a lot of magic and he won't stay in it too long), and I think Fairy Law will do quite a number on Luffy.

He also has a piercing light spell that can cause damage.

I believe Makarov will win.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Q99
Makarov in giant mode is too tough for anything but Gear 3 strikes to hurt (Yes, giant mode is *that* tough. Though to be fair, it also apparently takes a lot of magic and he won't stay in it too long), and I think Fairy Law will do quite a number on Luffy.

He also has a piercing light spell that can cause damage.

I believe Makarov will win.
The jupiter cannon hurt Makarov and Luffy has stronger attacks than that in base using Haki, and they aren't spread out over a large area either, barrages of G2 attacks would do tons of damage to Makarov, Gear stacking and its over Gigant Jet Gatling would mush Makarov into a pulp.

G2 Luffy is also a good deal faster and has Precog to boot.

Edit: Preskip..yeah I don't think he hits hard enough to put Makarov down for the count, although gear stacking was still insanely powerful back then, managing to beat the heal out of someone who survived many attacks from Nightmare Luffy.

Q99
Jupiter cannons are really strong, fortress-destroying attacks, I don't think that's true even post-skip.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Q99
Jupiter cannons are really strong, fortress-destroying attacks, I don't think that's true even post-skip.
An Indirect punch from Base Luffy took out an about 50+ meter wide and long section of solid rock, a direct hit in G2 is obviously going to be a good deal stronger, for all of Jupiter cannons hype I don't remember it ever actually doing much that can be quantified.

Even if it was somewhat more destructive Luffy's blow is still going to hurt much much worse due to all that power being concentrated into an area as small as a fist.

Q99
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
An Indirect punch from Base Luffy took out an about 50+ meter wide and long section of solid rock,

When was that?

And Jupiter's wake was probably displacing as well as causing lots of damage to the stone around, and that wasn't even on a hit, just side effects.

I'm reminded of when Luffy G3 punched a battleship, which wasn't sunk, when Jupiter was going to wipe out a guild hall bigger than a battleship.

Or, like, when Luffy beat Croc upwards through the ground, and it took a couple hundred hits, not one.

Or the time when Luffy was trapped between two buildings and it actually took some effort to push himself free...

Gecko4lif
Speed equal makariv has a good chance of 1 shotting him

speed unequal luffy sodomizes

Q99
Fairy Law cares not for 'speed.'

You're in the area, you get blasted.

vlaaad12345
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c637/7.html

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c637/8.html

Bottom right you can see the damage it did, we see it extends all the way through, considering it looks wider than tall and those buildings are easily 75 or so meters tall, 50x50 is probably under stating it, we know red hawk hits much harder than that punch as Hody almost got ko'ed despite having water to shield him and slow him down and reduce the damage.

Gear stacking post skip Luffy should be straight up stupid.

Q99
I'm not sure if I'd count that as 'taking out' that much rock. I mean, he hit Hodi so he impacted on the side, and then large chunks broke off. It was an impressive hit, but he didn't destroy a 50 meter chunk, he hit the cliffs lower down causing parts to fall off.

The bottom panel is a different part of the cliff-wall than the top- the contours are different, so the part that goes in aren't the part he knocked off, they're just a part that goes in. The chunks that fell when he hit it only had one window on them, so I think he only destroyed one or two levels worth of stuff.

Zack Fair
4EPJWBGWWxA

GG

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not sure if I'd count that as 'taking out' that much rock. I mean, he hit Hodi so he impacted on the side, and then large chunks broke off. It was an impressive hit, but he didn't destroy a 50 meter chunk, he hit the cliffs lower down causing parts to fall off.

The bottom panel is a different part of the cliff-wall than the top- the contours are different, so the part that goes in aren't the part he knocked off, they're just a part that goes in. The chunks that fell when he hit it only had one window on them, so I think he only destroyed one or two levels worth of stuff.

Umm no that isn't a different cliff, that is the same one and the only one that had damage to the top, he blasted all the rock out of that hole, it is far better than any punch Makarov took.

Q99
I'm really not spotting any damage that's all that big... it looks to me like it only took out the top two floors, then penetrated through, which isn't all that far.

Also, don't forget Makarov *additionally* blocked Amaterasu formula 100 from Hades, which caused destruction across an island, doing more damage than Luffy's punch did even at some distance.

Blast
Some of the effects

KingD19
That was after Makarov beat up a giant airship.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Q99
I'm really not spotting any damage that's all that big... it looks to me like it only took out the top two floors, then penetrated through, which isn't all that far.

Also, don't forget Makarov *additionally* blocked Amaterasu formula 100 from Hades, which caused destruction across an island, doing more damage than Luffy's punch did even at some distance.

Blast
Some of the effects

A punch doesn't have to be anywhere near as powerful as a explosion to do more damage to someone, all the power is focused on area a thousand times smaller than that blast, Makarov was also almost dead after that and you neglect to mention he had to use his most powerful defensive spell as well.

You don't seem to realize how big those buildings are, look at the bottom of the first scan, those tiny dots are adults, he destroyed a section about 40 meters tall nearly the same wide and about 70 meters long, with an attack nowhere near his max and without touching it at all. A lot of the energy would be lost impacting Hody's body and sending him flying, no punch from a Fairy Tail char has done that kind of damage.

If I really wanted to get insane with how big it is, the 375 M Kraken ( this number was confirmed by Oda) was sitting on top of it and not falling off the back, about half his body was up there.

Q99
As far as I can tell from the visuals, only the top two levels were destroyed. Also, if you take out the supports of an area? The stuff above it falls. It's not harder to topple a taller building, it's just punching a thin area and then letting gravity do the rest.

Sure, there's a thing on focused punching vs less focused destruction... but the explosion was much bigger, and Makarov's also taking powerful focused attacks like the Jupiter cannon.

I'll also comment that Zancrow's fire, which Makarov has also withstood, obliterated a hilltop. Note the little trees, and note that that's not buildings, i.e. empty space with the occasional wall, that's solid rock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.