Per Degaton Vs Hank Pym

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Any and all feats for Degaton can be used. Who wins and WHY?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/135941-45373-per-degaton_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9997/212025-83881-hank-pym_large.jpg

SevenShackles
Crap I can't really give you a why. Per Degaton in my opinion would take majority. Pym with prep would change things but as is I go with per degaton. Over the last couple of years I have become a fan of per degaton so perhaps I bias? Maybe. Maybe.

beatboks
I'd take per degaton too. though i favor him in a prep situation. In his first appearance in All Star he had gone back in time and altered only a few pivotal events that completely removed all technology from the current era. Before doing so he had acquired various weapons form the future and placed them in a vault protected from his time manipulations. He could enter any battle far superiorly equipped in technology.

In All Star Squadron opening issues he gathered resources from various eras in the time stream and from other dimesnions (like Earth Prime) to conquer Earth despite the best efforts of the JSA and All Stars. Only thwarted by the efforts of teh time travelling JLA.

In All Star 58 ( IIRC) he was able to tinker up weapons that could take down JSAers on the fly in the course of battle

Then we have the capability he had in the last run of JSA where he can now travel time at will, reverse someone's time field, teleport and has clairvoyance.

plenty of examples can be found
w w w.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/good-vs-evil-tournament-round-1/685012/?page=2

and here

w w w.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/good-vs-evil-tournament-round-4-mr_ingenuity-vs-beatboks1/691922/?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by beatboks
I'd take per degaton too. though i favor him in a prep situation. In his first appearance in All Star he had gone back in time and altered only a few pivotal events that completely removed all technology from the current era. Before doing so he had acquired various weapons form the future and placed them in a vault protected from his time manipulations. He could enter any battle far superiorly equipped in technology.

In All Star Squadron opening issues he gathered resources from various eras in the time stream and from other dimesnions (like Earth Prime) to conquer Earth despite the best efforts of the JSA and All Stars. Only thwarted by the efforts of teh time travelling JLA.

In All Star 58 ( IIRC) he was able to tinker up weapons that could take down JSAers on the fly in the course of battle

Then we have the capability he had in the last run of JSA where he can now travel time at will, reverse someone's time field, teleport and has clairvoyance.

plenty of examples can be found
w w w.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/good-vs-evil-tournament-round-1/685012/?page=2

and here

w w w.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/good-vs-evil-tournament-round-4-mr_ingenuity-vs-beatboks1/691922/?

Wow I dropped the ball as a fan here and completely underestimated per degatons prep. So with prep he would wreck him worse.

Poor pym.

pym-ftw
Pym has a time machine....
He used it in the AA/Runaways cross over

All his tech is in a Pym pocket out of 616 marvel verse
His growing/shrinking isn't a feat of tech anymore, as he is now saturated with Pym particles...

SevenShackles
Originally posted by pym-ftw

His growing/shrinking isn't a feat of tech anymore, as he is now saturated with Pym particles...

Your name tells us your opinion is obviously bias here. wink

pym-ftw
Yep

But really I'm sure I can make an argument or two for Pym winning...

beatboks

having a time machine, and having the experience of being a decades long time manipulator who has intimate knowledge of the time stream and future events because of many forays into it are two completely different things.

SevenShackles
Yep

But really I'm sure I can make an argument or two for Pym winning...

Well under the assumption Per Degaton takes the majority what could Pym do to squeak by with a couple of wins? Figured a guy named Pym-ftw would be the guy to ask smokin'

pym-ftw
He can:

Shrink or grow people out of the universe.
He is class 50-80 at max size
He has a hf, nothing crazy but faster than standard humans
He can fly into the mach 4-6 (caught Tony in flight)
able to return from bfr via his "Pym Pockets"
Unknown if he still has them but at one point he had 100,001 jocasta units...
He help spiderman build his new big time suit, ie invisible & sound dampening
He created a pill that cures radiation
He was half of the team that built the phoenix buster, and realized it wouldn't work before tony fired it...
Built the big house, and helped build the negitive zone prison
Defeated Reed Richards in a prep battle.
Negated Loki's Magic and P5 Emma's Tp
Has weaponized the Pym Particles in both a gun and a thrown disc.
Created a bio electric blaster capable of dropping inhuman slaves...

Golgo13
Nobody is denying that Pym is smart and can build all types of shit (Standard genius shit), but it's about experience in combating a time traveler that is iffy for Hank.

pym-ftw
Kang says sup

Golgo13
Did Hank solo Kang?

pym-ftw
Kang >>>>>Degaton

Golgo13
Not, IMO. They are peers.

pym-ftw
Kang has an army that spans multiple dimensions....
Tech lvl maybe but in scale Kang is way past him

Golgo13
Disagree, but Kang isn't in this thread.

pym-ftw
Pym has a time machine, he can dodge gunfire, and wins the physical match up....

Golgo13
Like Beatboks has stated having a time machine and defeating a powerful, experienced time traveler is another story.

pym-ftw
erm
Really?

Golgo13
Yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.