magneto vs dr polaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between magneto and dr polaris without prep?

ThereIsHope
What are Polars feats?

ColossusGrundy
Lots depend on this.

Which Magneto ? Modern is a seriously weak version compared to classic.

Which Dr. Polaris? The girl? Is it Polaris from the GL series that pretty much melded with magnetism or the just-above-street-level version with the stupid magnetism gun?

"modern" magneto is not weak at all. current magneto has been depowered for half a dozen issues of all new x-men.

magneto's peak and average are better than DP's. magneto wins

Golgo13
I don't know, peak Polaris is pretty beastly. Plus. he has controlled iron in blood trick as well, IIRC.

KingD19
Peak Magneto has drawn power from our solar system's planets to boost himself just recently in AvX.

abhilegend
Peak Polaris has drawn power from an entire universe.

unamped? when was this?

Golgo13
Peak Polaris was drawing power from a Controller (Peers to the Guardians) and absorbed so much power, he was ripping holes in reality.

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
unamped? when was this?
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/2cc639ce.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/eafbbbc7.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/93cc96f2.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/8aeee62c.jpg

so he opens a portal into a dimension where a magnetic heart of the universe that governs all magnetic force lies and amps from it. that's not really the same as reaching across the entire universe and pulling its energy to earth.

how did he open the portal? hal moans about polaris having stolen his power ring before, did he need that to get there?

the feat is impressive, but it's not really straight forward as it requires reaching a specific energy source for the amp

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
so he opens a portal into a dimension where a magnetic heart of the universe that governs all magnetic force lies and amps from it. that's not really the same as reaching across the entire universe and pulling its energy to earth.

how did he open the portal? hal moans about polaris having stolen his power ring before, did he need that to get there?

the feat is impressive, but it's not really straight forward as it requires reaching a specific energy source for the amp
He stole the ring but hal took it back. Being angry, he broke the reality and then started amping from the universe itself.

Meh, what did he even do with that energy? Went h2h with Iron man? Color me unimpressed.

I didn't mean he would be amping from the universe here and neither is magneto amping from several planets on average. Remember what happened to Joseph and he was officially more powerful than magneto.

of course they won't be amping from the cosmos here

joseph was ever a candyass

magneto still wins

Golgo13
That wasn't Polaris's only good feat either.

yeah I know he isnt weak

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
of course they won't be amping from the cosmos here

joseph was ever a candyass

magneto still wins
thumb up

Yup.

I think it would be 6/10 in magnus favor.

Golgo13
Just making sure. There is a poster here (Carver), who thinks Magneto would stomp.

BTW, Polaris isn't even DC's most powerful being who can manipulate magnetism. I think thats Lodestone.

so you made this to bait carv huh? shame on you golgo

abhilegend
Originally posted by 753
so you made this to bait carv huh? shame on you golgo
He didn't made the thread.Originally posted by Golgo13
Just making sure. There is a poster here (Carver), who thinks Magneto would stomp.

BTW, Polaris isn't even DC's most powerful being who can manipulate magnetism. I think thats Lodestone.
Who?

silly me. shame on that guy then

Mindset
Mag-it-neat-oh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.