TMNT: Out Of The Shadows

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Details and trailer:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75128

Kazenji
Seems alright.........hang on its done by the same people who did the Thor Movie game tie in.

'll hang out for the Rocksteady game.

Kazenji
^i found out it was the better Thor movie tie-in which came out for the 3DS

-6znBzP85SE

Quincy
I'm geniunely looking forward to this game.

BlackZero30x
Yeah me as well! I have been waiting for some time lol I love The Ninja Turtles and always have! So even if its just some corny arcade game Im still looking forward to it! I have been playing Turtles in Time to help deal with the anticipation lol

quanchi112
Meh.

Kazenji
YuXr3X6lYc8

BlackZero30x
Gameplay is fun. Instead of lite and heavy attacks its more like Punch and Kick but you can combo them well enough that it doesn't feel cheap. You get projectiles like throwing stars and pizzas for health. By a single hit of the D-pad you can switch among any of the turtles. The graphics work well as a more "real" looking mutant turtle and a darker theme imo. They tried to make the characters match the attitude of the new Nick series which was cool but the dialogue was poorly written imo. They are not voiced by the cast of the show either and it takes a little bit to get use to. The game has challenge modes along with campaign. I say its totally worth the money for a Turtles fan.

jinXed by JaNx
I agree. It's definitely worth the Fifteen dollars. The art design is awesome. I wish they would have given this development team the budget to do a full retail game, instead of the other one that's coming out. You can see the potential this game had if given more time and money. I can't really complain about anything, considering that it's an arcade title. I think the game is best played alone or with one other person. This allows more freedom and opportunity to better execute combos and team attacks.

If I were to nit pick id say the camera could have been pulled back a bit more and the combat could have a little more weight and quicker reaction but that's really just looking for something wrong with a an arcade game that plays great and was obviously made with care by and for fans.

StyleTime
Yeah, played this with some friends last night. It was pretty cool.

I do wish games of this ilk got more money though. You definitely see the potential for something much bigger if given the chance.

Kazenji
Good to see some people enjoying it

seen some reviews for this and they're condemning it.

jinXed by JaNx
Sometimes it feels like every game gets bad reviews unless it's super polished.

Considering the game is only fifteen dollars I don't see how anyone that is a fan of co-op beat em ups couldn't find a positive experience with this game. It certainly has a lot of problems but most of them are minor annoyances that rarely detract from an otherwise fun experience.

BloodRawEngine
Considering the difference between critics' consensus and the consumerbase's, I'm not really surprised by either considering I never really expected much in terms of sheer score value. If its often-stated technical flaws turn out to not be enough to drive me away, I'll probably find myself enjoying it the same way I enjoyed a game like Hokuto Musou on a personal level; as a fan of the franchise with the willingness to adapt to things.

Bentley
Sounds like a reasonably poor game, but at least it's not that expensive. Also: no online co-op for arcade mode is depressing.

However, you can do a utterly shitty beat them up and still end up with a rather fun game, because those games are just awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.