Charlene 'Charlie' McGee vs Link "Wind Waker"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the ninjak
Charlie has been teleported onto Windfall Island.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Windfall_Island_zpsdfe67f4d.jpg

Confused she sees the inhabitants retreat into the nearby buildings as Link arrives on his boat and approaches.

Link has all feats from his game. He sees Charlie.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/windwaker1280x9608xqcsawx8_zpsec2d1c78.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/11883081_gal.jpg
And decides to fight her.

Charlie: Leave me alone.
Link:.....
Charlie: LEAVE ME ALONE!
Link: HEEEEYYYAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

FIGHT!

ScreamPaste
O_o; Off to google I go!

Whar's she from?

Edit:

"It is later stated that, when Charlie grows older, she may be able to cause nuclear explosions by sheer force of will, with some of the doctors responsible for the experiment believing that one day she may be powerful enough to crack the whole planet in two."

This Charlie? If she's that powerful, she wins unless Link can kill her before she blows up the world. erm

the ninjak
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
O_o; Off to google I go!

Whar's she from?

Edit:

"It is later stated that, when Charlie grows older, she may be able to cause nuclear explosions by sheer force of will, with some of the doctors responsible for the experiment believing that one day she may be powerful enough to crack the whole planet in two."

This Charlie? If she's that powerful, she wins unless Link can kill her before she blows up the world. erm

smile It's Charlie from the film Firestarter (1984)

All feats count for her. No later feats from the sequel or assumed.

As per the picture only the feats from Firestarter. Nuclear explosions were assumed in the film but she never displayed them.

She was sure impressive though for an 80's film.

ScreamPaste
So she's not that powerful, yet? If not, Link could still be in this.

I've never seen that movie. Can you show me some feats for her?

Link did survive a very powerful explosion in WW, and has arrows that can freeze an active Volcano, and pierce a tornado being sustained by a god of tornadoes.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Charlene+McGee

She's listed here as large building+ in destructive capability, but seems like she'd be fairly easy for Link to actually kill.

the ninjak
So she's not that powerful, yet? If not, Link could still be in this.

I've never seen that movie. Can you show me some feats for her?

Link did survive a very powerful explosion in WW, and has arrows that can freeze an active Volcano, and pierce a tornado being sustained by a god of tornadoes.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Charlene+McGee

She's listed here as large building+ in destructive capability, but seems like she'd be fairly easy for Link to actually kill.

Oh damn! hahahaha.

Here you go.
I must remind you Link has only a short amount of time to deal with her.
4sRzks3eR-M

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by the ninjak
Oh damn! hahahaha.

Here you go.
I must remind you Link has only a short amount of time to deal with her.
4sRzks3eR-M
Impressive. She can stop a lot of bullets consecutively, lol. The OBD article only mentioned she could stop one.

Why does Link have a limited time to beat her? That wasn't in the OP. mmm

Anyway, I'll post some feats for WW Link.

bSd82OB_wLk
0:31 Link is blown across the Great Sea by an explosion. He collides with the Tower of the Gods, dazed, but not seriously hurt.

VL_LbMCK0zM
1:10 ish, Link uses an ice arrow to freeze an active volcano, flash freezing the lava spouting out of the top and making the interior cool enough to walk around in.

SIIdL7VQPFE
"That's a heck of an arm you've got there"

Link's shield is indestructible, this is actually canon now, as of Skyward Sword: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTNI2X7L9OI&t=29m10s

As is the Master Sword, which may actually protect him from direct attacks (attacks originating on his person, rather than indirect ones like fireballs, I mean) due to it's powerful protective properties. It also will probably allow him to deflect back fireballs.

For an idea of how powerful it is:
DHj13CT5CWI
Around 0:50 Link descends beneath the Great Sea and all of Hyrule, possibly the entire world beneath the Ocean (which spans the planet) is held in a permanent timestop. The Sword is what is powering this, as well as sealing Ganondorf's power. It's doing this while it's actually significantly weakened.

In aLttP it's also stated to be a failsafe against the misuse of the power of the triforce itself. So, stronk sword is stronk. It has it's limits, but it's stronk.

5SiXgqR9HvY
Compilation of Link using the sword to repel energy and magical attacks.

QLSfO4BrwB8

Link easily lifts and tosses a stone head.

Do you have more videos of her?

the ninjak
Impressive. She can stop a lot of bullets consecutively, lol. The OBD article only mentioned she could stop one.

Why does Link have a limited time to beat her? That wasn't in the OP. mmm

Anyway, I'll post some feats for WW Link.

bSd82OB_wLk
0:31 Link is blown across the Great Sea by an explosion. He collides with the Tower of the Gods, dazed, but not seriously hurt.

Freakin hard to edit this response. But Link surviving such an explosion is interesting considering she can blast him from the island in similar fashion into the sea.

VL_LbMCK0zM
1:10 ish, Link uses an ice arrow to freeze an active volcano, flash freezing the lava spouting out of the top and making the interior cool enough to walk around in.

Interesting power the Ice Arrow. He shot it from a distance which landed into the lava and it spreaded into the lava to freeze it. Yet Charlie's field will force the arrow's influence outwards. And it's effects will disperse around her due to the intensity of her Pyrokinesis.

SIIdL7VQPFE
"That's a heck of an arm you've got there"

Link's shield is indestructible, this is actually canon now, as of Skyward Sword: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTNI2X7L9OI&t=29m10s

Arrows won't pierce her field if high level ammunition couldn't.

As is the Master Sword, which may actually protect him from direct attacks (attacks originating on his person, rather than indirect ones like fireballs, I mean) due to it's powerful protective properties. It also will probably allow him to deflect back fireballs.

For an idea of how powerful it is:
DHj13CT5CWI
Around 0:50 Link descends beneath the Great Sea and all of Hyrule, possibly the entire world beneath the Ocean (which spans the planet) is held in a permanent timestop. The Sword is what is powering this, as well as sealing Ganondorf's power. It's doing this while it's actually significantly weakened.

In aLttP it's also stated to be a failsafe against the misuse of the power of the triforce itself. So, stronk sword is stronk. It has it's limits, but it's stronk.

5SiXgqR9HvY

You are aware that Charlie can incinerate objects from within a focused point of influence?
She can bypass a shield or sword.

Compilation of Link using the sword to repel energy and magical attacks.

QLSfO4BrwB8

Link easily lifts and tosses a stone head.

Do you have more videos of her?

I will supply feats of Charlie burning objects from within.
In the video I supplied she exploded a car as it was moving and also a helicopter.

I apologize for the scattered response it was tough breaking your response up into parts. If you wish to argue single aspects of the argument I'll be happy to supply them.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by the ninjak
Freakin hard to edit this response. But Link surviving such an explosion is interesting considering she can blast him from the island in similar fashion into the sea.

Interesting power the Ice Arrow. He shot it from a distance which landed into the lava and it spreaded into the lava to freeze it. Yet Charlie's field will force the arrow's influence outwards. And it's effects will disperse around her due to the intensity of her Pyrokinesis.

Arrows won't pierce her field if high level ammunition couldn't.

You are aware that Charlie can incinerate objects from within a focused point of influence?
She can bypass a shield or sword.

I will supply feats of Charlie burning objects from within.
In the video I supplied she exploded a car as it was moving and also a helicopter.

I apologize for the scattered response it was tough breaking your response up into parts. If you wish to argue single aspects of the argument I'll be happy to supply them.

No problem, I just like to throw out a lot of evidence right away for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It helps break the ice and any preconceived notions the opposition has.

I'll try to reply to pick a few specific points I think are relevant to narrow things down.

I'll focus on Link's equipment for now.

I disagree on this point so far, even what I've heard about Charlie's current incarnation (building+level destruction at top end) doesn't compare to an active volcano, imho.

I also would say their ability to penetrate her protection would be greatly in excess of a bullet, he did shoot Cyclos inside his own Tornado, and the arrows are imbued with magic powerful enough to stop hurricanes (fire arrows) and freeze volcanoes. Their effectiveness is up for some debate, but I'd need to see a feat that placed her as comparable to an active volcano to agree she could resist one, and once Link is aware she uses fire he's very likely to go for the ice arrow.

This is the kind of attack I was referring the the Master Sword probably protecting him from. The Sword's protected him from curses, transformations, telekinetics, ect. I don't think she could burn him from inside as long as he has it.

Has she ever burned someone from inside before, though? I'd like to see that, if you have it.

Nice thread, btw. Never seen this character in a match before, things were getting stale.

I'm leaning toward Link for the time being because I know him better, and I don't think she has the durability to tangle with him, while I think he can hang in there if he takes some damage.

the ninjak
No problem, I just like to throw out a lot of evidence right away for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It helps break the ice and any preconceived notions the opposition has.

I'll try to reply to pick a few specific points I think are relevant to narrow things down.

I'll focus on Link's equipment for now.

I disagree on this point so far, even what I've heard about Charlie's current incarnation (building+level destruction at top end) doesn't compare to an active volcano, imho.

I also would say their ability to penetrate her protection would be greatly in excess of a bullet, he did shoot Cyclos inside his own Tornado, and the arrows are imbued with magic powerful enough to stop hurricanes (fire arrows) and freeze volcanoes. Their effectiveness is up for some debate, but I'd need to see a feat that placed her as comparable to an active volcano to agree she could resist one, and once Link is aware she uses fire he's very likely to go for the ice arrow.

Now that I look back on the game I have theories on the Ice Arrows.
It seems it's effect work like a chain reaction. The Lava was a large mass of lava so it seems the Ice Arrow expanded it's influence.
Even though if you shot one into lava normally it only made a small island to walk on or if shot into an enemy it froze them in a small shell of ice.

Charlie has a kinetic field protecting her. The arrow wouldn't actually touch her flesh but a field of kinetic energy. I have trouble seeing the ice spread it's influence throughout it.

This is the kind of attack I was referring the the Master Sword probably protecting him from. The Sword's protected him from curses, transformations, telekinetics, ect. I don't think she could burn him from inside as long as he has it.

Has she ever burned someone from inside before, though? I'd like to see that, if you have it.

Wow I never knew the Master Sword had that effect.
If so then internal combustion via her Pyrokinesis is then practically useless on Link. That was a short fight. big grin

I'll go through the movie again in regards to the scenes you requested.
In the meantime I'll go through from memory.
In the beginning of the film Charlie's father trains her with cooking toast. She gets angry and sets her mother's clothing on fire.
She also sets goons on fire on a couple of occasions.

Here is an early scene of her setting shoes on fire.
hPmV9DBCrfQ
Her burning her mom's gloves.
p1lnXM7l2_g
Burning agents. Exploding cars.
q5K1fm56gI8

Nice thread, btw. Never seen this character in a match before, things were getting stale.

I'm leaning toward Link for the time being because I know him better, and I don't think she has the durability to tangle with him, while I think he can hang in there if he takes some damage.

Thanks. And even though apparently she can't attack him internally she can still blast the ground beneath him apart creating explosions. I reckon enough to launch him into the ocean. I may be remembering wrong but I think she burnt water as well in the film (I'll look into it.)

Obviously Charlie once realizing that internal attacks don't work she'll shoot a direct fireball at Link. The balls aren't magic but kinetic infernos.
I see them exploding if Link tries to reflect them.

ScreamPaste
Having watched the video she can certainly blow things up, but anytime she burns a person the fire always seems to original from outside. She can destroy vehicles from inside but I think that's due to their being empty space there for her to work her power. Can't really confirm one way or the other on that, but it seems that way to me.

As for her kinetic shield, what's the most it's stopped? Given the things Link's arrows can do, and the impressive strength he displays, I'd place his arrows well above conventional bullets, and the ice arrows themselves are powerfully magical. I don't think it's as cut and dry as she simply stops the arrow. Even if the physical arrowhead can't penetrate, the magic is enough to flash freeze molten lava, and it did render the interior of a volcano inhabitable, if the arrow goes off that close to her it could still kill her, imho.

As for how the Master Sword would interact with fireballs, I can't really say. The sword can interact with incorporeal enemies, cut through magical barriers, absorb and reflect lightning, absorb miniature suns, manipulate time, and do all sorts of other weird things. I think it should still interact with her power despite it being kinetically based, largely because the sword is sentient and magical, and magic doesn't traditionally interact exclusively with other magic.

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/6442/55570/fi-02.jpg

^The spirit/personification of The Master Sword, Fi. She's the most powerful being still present in Zelda canon, since the deities who created the universe seem to have left.

So, I personally believe he could reflect the fireballs, but this isn't 100% provable. It seems the most likely outcome, though. Even if they do explode on contact, Link could take a few and the second would never Land. He has impressive combat speed and an indestructible shield.

As for her tactic of blowing up the ground underneath him, the Sword's protection does seem to have some range to it.

z-OMLHLZKGg

4:25
The Master Sword breaks a curse laid on Link without touching him. I'm not definitely sure how close her explosions could originate, but I think there'd be a small bubble near Link she couldn't really influence. shrug This is of course on top of the Iron Boots which probably weigh multiple tons, which he could use to make himself hard to move around. Even if she knocks him into the air, he has a glider of sorts to come back.

It could also probably cut through her kinetic field if Link came within range of her, and she'd be helpless then.

For me it comes down to Link's durability and experience against dangerous opponents. She's still physically a human child, and I haven't seen her go against a single enemy comparable to her own power (rather than normal humans in numbers). I may be uninformed, though. It just seems like a foreign situation for her to be confronted by someone who can rival her own power.

/Hat tip.

BloodRain
O.o this went from naught to huge by the fifth post..

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
O.o this went from naught to huge by the fifth post.. I try harder when I'm given a chance to deal with someone open minded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.