Team Validus vs Team Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
Classic Validus
Classic Despero
HP Doomsday

Vs

Classic Mangog
Classic Juggernaut
WBH

No prep or BFR
SLUGFEST
In character
Fight in Savage Lands

Endless Mike
Team 1

armedforbattle
Oh yeah.... if DD dies he can't come back.

Golgo13
Team validus.

pym-ftw
Team Mangog

yaadaveyaa
team 2 curb stomps 10/10 spite thread against validus

Golgo13
How is it a curb stomp?

Glorificus
Team 2.

abhilegend
Validus solos.

Horrificus
Mangog solo's. But, takes it easy on his little brother, Validus, because he is so proud of him. big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Mangog solo's. But, takes it easy on his little brother, Validus, because he is so proud of him. big grin
You would like to think so, wouldn't you?

carver9
Doomsday and Despero is a weak link. Validus gets triple teamed.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by carver9
HP DD a weak link? Come on Carv, you don't honestly think that do you?
I think either way, its a really close match

dynamix
Originally posted by armedforbattle
HP DD a weak link? Come on Carv, you don't honestly think that do you?
I think either way, its a really close match

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9

Sounds kinky.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Golgo13
Sounds kinky.
Cause it is.

Mindship
Team Val ftw, as soon as he's done tossing around pre-crisis Kryptonians.

armedforbattle
Bump

the Darkone
SA Mangog feeds on hatred and physical contact which makes him stronger, this battle favors SA Mangog and he is the biggest brick on here. If WB Hulk goes HOTM team 2 will steam roll!!

LordofBrooklyn
Validus kills Team 2.

Validus wept afterward.

iceman24567
Validus wins

Horrificus
Mangog beating Thor, Odin and all of Asgard trumps Validus feats. For now.

And, that isn't even using the comments and narration of the Mangog stories, which would turn this thread into a no-contest.

abhilegend
Mangog beating Thor, Odin and all of Asgard trumps Validus feats. For now.

And, that isn't even using the comments and narration of the Mangog stories, which would turn this thread into a no-contest.
Validus knocking out PC superboy when he just rammed into validus trumps everything mangog has done. Now add the comment that he was 12 times more powerful than superboy and he kills mangog with ease. Thor? GTFOH, he isn't even close to post-crisis superman in durability much less PC superboy. Odin? He wasn't that much in regards to strength and durability department. Thor actually overpowered him in strength in silver age.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Validus knocking out PC superboy when he just rammed into validus trumps everything mangog has done. Now add the comment that he was 12 times more powerful than superboy and he kills mangog with ease. Thor? GTFOH, he isn't even close to post-crisis superman in durability much less PC superboy. Odin? He wasn't that much in regards to strength and durability department. Thor actually overpowered him in strength in silver age. Mangog casually one-shotting Thor over and over, defeating ANY version of Odin along with the statements made about previous encounters make it clear that you are wrong.

PC Superboy is nowhere near as dangerous or powerful as Odin and regardless of how powerful Superboy was, to say that he dwarfed Thor's attack strength and powers, is insane. In his battle against Mangog, Thor created attacks that turned huge swaths of Asgard into a molten sea. Not Earth, Asgard. 3 times density and strength of earth.

Mangog IGNORED having a mountain range dropped on him that was the size of an empire, as per statements in the story. Again, 3 times the mass and density of earth properties. And, again, Mangog casually tossed it off of himself.

Odin, with brithes filled with poop, consitently stated that he was POWERLESS against Mangog, from previouss experience. When Mangog approached Odin in the second story, Odin gave up, knew he was going down, EXPLAINED THIS ON-PANEL and shunted Asgard to a dimension where Mangog would not be able to destroy the universe by drawing the Twilight Sword.

Odin, AMP'D more than he has ever been (again, stated on-panel) was only able to leech Mangog's power. That was all Odin was able to do. Then he died. Mangog lived.

Mangog has done all of this and more, without receiving a scratch.

And, on top of this, there is no evidence that any of these showings was ever near his peak of power. Mangog gets power from limitless sources. And, these sources, (hate, violence and adoration) are not even all on the same side of the spectrum. The possibilities are pretty much limitless.

Even if we say that Validus and Mangog start out at the same power-level, (which I do not agree with anyway), Mangog also gets power from hate, anger and violence. All evidence says that his battle with Validus would just push Mangog to the point of no return. Especially with his durability. There is no hope of any kind of quick win for Validus.

Sorry Abhi, but regardless of your respect of PC Superboy, feats against a premier skyfather, along with art, narration and storylines to back it up, will always trump Validus and Superboy, Mon-El, Suneater, etc.

And, I take no enjoyment from trouncing you in this case, because Validus is a favorite of mine. So, where you are enjoying your ongoing "Hate-Everything-Asgardian" war and disrespecting Mangog, I still think Validus is awesome. I just don't think he has the same resume. Yet.

The fact that there was nothing all of Asgard could do to Mangog, puts him in a class by himself for now.

And, to disrespect Thor to try and win this debate is not cool or smart. Regardless of your opinion of Thor and PC Superboy, to ignore Thor's Classic Attacks is not the way to go. Although you try to make Thor look like a germ next to PC Superman and PC Superboy, at the time of Mangog's appearance, this was a Thor that was using his "I can do anything that the story calls for" powers. This was the era of his time control showings, speed claims, strength statements and more exotic uses of magic. Most of the stuff Thor did during this period are usually now dismissed in these forums, because he did not do them consistently enough. But, back then, he WAS doing them. And, many of Thor's exotic attacks WERE enough to lay out PC Superman or PC Superboy. Especially if we dig into old scans and look for some of the less flattering losses of these two.

But, instead of doing that with you, I would rather steer away from the DISRESPECTING of these characters.

So, maybe we can keep away from slinging crap on each other's picks and, at the least, agree to disagree.

These are 2 of my favorite characters and it would be a fantasy of mine to see them in a book together, traveling through both comic companies, paying visits to various fan-favorite powerhouse characters along the way.

Mangog is a legitimate "Skyfather-Buster". big grin

abhilegend
Mangog casually one-shotting Thor over and over, defeating ANY version of Odin along with the statements made about previous encounters make it clear that you are wrong.

laughing out loud

Thor is an ant compared to PC superboy and Mon-El. Odin isn't anywhere near them in either strength or durability too.

This makes your entire claim invalid. Thor>PC superboy in strength? Put the crack down. Nothing impressive whatsoever. Superboy nearly flattened himself and bounced off of Validus.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5660/10ts6.jpg

Again not impressive whatsoever for someone that is touted as so strong. Low heralds have better strength feats than that. Validus tore a world apart with brute strength.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15359207_Superboy_219_08.jpg

Odin was weakened there. Again that is not a measure of strength, Odin did more than that in the first Mangog story. He casually stopped and dispersed mangog

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14198984_thor157180fi.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14198985_thor157197gy.jpg

Feats>Statements.

That again is no measure of strength. That only proves what a pussy odin is.

Because he never met someone truly strong. Thor is a puny god himself, Odin was even weaker than Thor in strength in that era.

Now speculations, eh? You are getting pretty desperate. LOL, limitless? SMH.

Validus starts at a MUCH MORE stronger than mangog. Its not even debatable. Validus is also without hate and violence because he is just a child. Omega would notify to that. Also where did mangog got stronger with hate of people he fought?

Only to a Thorbag like you. Validus is indisputably the strongest brick in comics barred Omega. The mere fact that you think Thor's strength is anywhere near PC superboy says how much of a thorbag you are.

Trouncing me? You just made a fool of yourself.

You want to compare feats of strength with thor and PC superboy? LOL, go at it. I would enjoy thrashing you all over KMC. None of that makes him even a contender to PC superboy. Do yourself a favor and drop it. You would become a forum joke if you don't. OK, you're seriously thinking about it? You are more of a fool than I ever thought possible.

Validus is a legitimate buster of characters above Mangog's paygrade. You can disagree as much and AS LOUD you want. Wouldn't matter.

Horrificus
laughing out loud

Thor is an ant compared to PC superboy and Mon-El. Odin isn't anywhere near them in either strength or durability too.

This makes your entire claim invalid. Thor>PC superboy in strength? Put the crack down. Nothing impressive whatsoever. Superboy nearly flattened himself and bounced off of Validus.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5660/10ts6.jpg

Again not impressive whatsoever for someone that is touted as so strong. Low heralds have better strength feats than that. Validus tore a world apart with brute strength.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15359207_Superboy_219_08.jpg

Odin was weakened there. Again that is not a measure of strength, Odin did more than that in the first Mangog story. He casually stopped and dispersed mangog

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14198984_thor157180fi.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/14198985_thor157197gy.jpg

Feats>Statements.

That again is no measure of strength. That only proves what a pussy odin is.

Because he never met someone truly strong. Thor is a puny god himself, Odin was even weaker than Thor in strength in that era.

Now speculations, eh? You are getting pretty desperate. LOL, limitless? SMH.

Validus starts at a MUCH MORE stronger than mangog. Its not even debatable. Validus is also without hate and violence because he is just a child. Omega would notify to that. Also where did mangog got stronger with hate of people he fought?

Only to a Thorbag like you. Validus is indisputably the strongest brick in comics barred Omega. The mere fact that you think Thor's strength is anywhere near PC superboy says how much of a thorbag you are.

Trouncing me? You just made a fool of yourself.

You want to compare feats of strength with thor and PC superboy? LOL, go at it. I would enjoy thrashing you all over KMC. None of that makes him even a contender to PC superboy. Do yourself a favor and drop it. You would become a forum joke if you don't. OK, you're seriously thinking about it? You are more of a fool than I ever thought possible.

Validus is a legitimate buster of characters above Mangog's paygrade. You can disagree as much and AS LOUD you want. Wouldn't matter. You spent an awful lot of time freaking about me stating that Thor was as strong as Superboy, when i never even said that. I said that he does not dwarf Thor in strength. But, you speak like Thor would be a gnat to Superboy and that just isn't true.

Thor may not have the strength showings, but my point was that he DOES have showings of ridiculous powers, attacks, durability, etc. To try and make him look like Aunt May next to Superboy is just stupid.

Superboy plowed into an indestructible opponent. Validus had nothing to do with Superboy knocking himself silly. There are many indestructible characters. The damage was done by Superboy's own force and speed against an indestructible object.

Placing Superboy and Mon-El above Odin is pretty much the funniest thing I have ever read in these forums. You just shot yourself in the foot and took away any credibility you may have had stashed away.

Yes Validus tore a world apart. Mangog was able to casually toss, one-handed, an empire-sized chunk of Asgard, 3 times as dense/heavy as 616 matter. He was also able to walk underground, through this material as if it were air, like it wasn't even there.

The Odin I was describing was NOT a weakened Odin. Odin was not weakened until he shunted Asgard. Read the story. And, before he did that, he and his entire army was toppled, one-shot again, by Mangog. After Odin presumably comes-to, Mangog closes in for the kill and Odin sh*ts.

The first story did not included Odin defeating Mangog. It was Odin trying to reverse his spell, as a silver-bullet, and disperse Mangog, which only worked temporarily. A hopeful bfr from the top skyfather in comics, that did not work for long.

The more you make your hilarious statements about Odin and Thor being pussies, the more you show that you are not in-touch with the material and are here for no other reason but illogical undermining of these characters.

So, yeah, keep going.

abhilegend
You spent an awful lot of time freaking about me stating that Thor was as strong as Superboy, when i never even said that. I said that he does not dwarf Thor in strength. But, you speak like Thor would be a gnat to Superboy and that just isn't true.

Thor may not have the strength showings, but my point was that he DOES have showings of ridiculous powers, attacks, durability, etc. To try and make him look like Aunt May next to Superboy is just stupid.

Superboy plowed into an indestructible opponent. Validus had nothing to do with Superboy knocking himself silly. There are many indestructible characters. The damage was done by Superboy's own force and speed against an indestructible object.

Placing Superboy and Mon-El above Odin is pretty much the funniest thing I have ever read in these forums. You just shot yourself in the foot and took away any credibility you may have had stashed away.

Yes Validus tore a world apart. Mangog was able to casually toss, one-handed, an empire-sized chunk of Asgard, 3 times as dense/heavy as 616 matter. He was also able to walk underground, through this material as if it were air, like it wasn't even there.

The Odin I was describing was NOT a weakened Odin. Odin was not weakened until he shunted Asgard. Read the story. And, before he did that, he and his entire army was toppled, one-shot again, by Mangog. After Odin presumably comes-to, Mangog closes in for the kill and Odin sh*ts.

The first story did not included Odin defeating Mangog. It was Odin trying to reverse his spell, as a silver-bullet, and disperse Mangog, which only worked temporarily. A hopeful bfr from the top skyfather in comics, that did not work for long.

The more you make your hilarious statements about Odin and Thor being pussies, the more you show that you are not in-touch with the material and are here for no other reason but illogical undermining of these characters.

So, yeah, keep going.
Thor IS a gnat compared to PC superboy. You can protest as much as you want, it wouldn't change anything.

He is just that much weaker than PC superboy. We can compare feats if you like.

Show mangog doing something like that. PC superboy was indestructible too. Mon-El and he couldn't even harm each other with punches.

In strength and durability, they sure are above Odin of silver age. We can again go comparing feats and such.

The fact that you can say tossing mountain even if it was three times heavier than an earth mountain as something more impressive as tearing a world apart just shows how much biased you are. Its not even funny anymore.

Yeah, he was oneshotted while he was weakened. Whoop-dee-doo for mangog I guess.

He also casually stopped mangog if you didn't notice before dispersing him. Dispersing is BFR? Hahaha, every time I think you couldn't go any lower, you surprise me. He was actually Odin's spell given life. According to you Odin's spell>>Odin. Makes sense.

Yeah, no. keep toting THREE TIMES HEAVIERRRRRRRRRR THAN EARTH MOUNTAINS as something impressive. Someone might actually believe it after a decade or so. Guyz, he was WALKINGGGGGGGGG through it like AIRZZZZ, ITS SO AWESOMEEE. Lulz.

Keep going and compare Thor and PC superboy.

Horrificus
Also where did mangog got stronger with hate of people he fought?

Hey, way to be insane.

Also, if you need me to SHOW you scans about Mangog's power, you might want to try and read the entire stories, instead of Google-searching images. big grin

Read: "My body thrives on thy most powerful blows." "It feeds on every curse of hate."

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/thekey2.jpg

abhilegend
Hey, way to be insane.

Also, if you need me to SHOW you scans about Mangog's power, you might want to try and read the entire stories, instead of Google-searching images. big grin

Read: "My body thrives on thy most powerful blows." "It feeds on every curse of hate."

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Mangog%202/thekey2.jpg
Well, you at least produced some thing rational at last. Too bad for Mangog, hate isn't something validus feels. Most of the time he is just playing around not even feeling Superboy and Mon-El's punches.

Horrificus
Thor IS a gnat compared to PC superboy. You can protest as much as you want, it wouldn't change anything.

He is just that much weaker than PC superboy. We can compare feats if you like.

Show mangog doing something like that. PC superboy was indestructible too. Mon-El and he couldn't even harm each other with punches.

In strength and durability, they sure are above Odin of silver age. We can again go comparing feats and such.

The fact that you can say tossing mountain even if it was three times heavier than an earth mountain as something more impressive as tearing a world apart just shows how much biased you are. Its not even funny anymore.

Yeah, he was oneshotted while he was weakened. Whoop-dee-doo for mangog I guess.

He also casually stopped mangog if you didn't notice before dispersing him. Dispersing is BFR? Hahaha, every time I think you couldn't go any lower, you surprise me. He was actually Odin's spell given life. According to you Odin's spell>>Odin. Makes sense.

Yeah, no. keep toting THREE TIMES HEAVIERRRRRRRRRR THAN EARTH MOUNTAINS as something impressive. Someone might actually believe it after a decade or so. Guyz, he was WALKINGGGGGGGGG through it like AIRZZZZ, ITS SO AWESOMEEE. Lulz.

Keep going and compare Thor and PC superboy. Odin was not weakened when he was one-shotted.

You stand by your claim that Superboy and Mon-El are more powerful than Odin. Ok.

The ONLY way he could do anything about Mangog, was to break him up into the race he was made from. And, that was only temporary.

I'm not going to do this anymore. You really are an idiot and, as every forum member knows, you are incapable of having a civil debate.

Your weirdness with "Thor" is getting tiresome. Maybe you had a "creepy uncle" with long blond hair, lots of crisco oil and a "hammer". laughing I don't know. But your dementia is getting to be a pain in the a$$.

To any other members that are reading this, feel free to search for threads and posts with scans, using my username and "Mangog". By now, I would say that I have posted scans of 75% of the initial Mangog stories.

My scans back up every thing I stated. Abhi continuously makes the same false, and/or terribly misleading statements knowing full-well what the truth is.

Horrificus
Well, you at least produced some thing rational at last. Too bad for Mangog, hate isn't something validus feels. Most of the time he is just playing around not even feeling Superboy and Mon-El's punches. Well, obviously violence is within him. That should beef up Mangog enough for him to dish out a double-beating to Validus.

Argue all you want. You can't win. Mangog starts out as strong or stronger than Validus. Then, he gets stronger as the fight goes on.

That's all there is to it.

LordofBrooklyn
Well, obviously violence is within him. That should beef up Mangog enough for him to dish out a double-beating to Validus.

Argue all you want. You can't win. Mangog starts out as strong or stronger than Validus. Then, he gets stronger as the fight goes on.

LIES!!!

The Mighty Validus has an action figure in testament to his greatness and unparalled power.

Does Mangog have that?

NO.

Advantage, Validus!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ie37mgxIXA/S_akQUtH4WI/AAAAAAAAGyY/RnYk4yzHguU/s1600/DCUC+Validus.jpg

abhilegend
Odin was not weakened when he was one-shotted.

You stand by your claim that Superboy and Mon-El are more powerful than Odin. Ok.

The ONLY way he could do anything about Mangog, was to break him up into the race he was made from. And, that was only temporary.

I'm not going to do this anymore. You really are an idiot and, as every forum member knows, you are incapable of having a civil debate.

Your weirdness with "Thor" is getting tiresome. Maybe you had a "creepy uncle" with long blond hair, lots of crisco oil and a "hammer". laughing I don't know. But your dementia is getting to be a pain in the a$$.

To any other members that are reading this, feel free to search for threads and posts with scans, using my username and "Mangog". By now, I would say that I have posted scans of 75% of the initial Mangog stories.

My scans back up every thing I stated. Abhi continuously makes the same false, and/or terribly misleading statements knowing full-well what the truth is.
Yeah, he was.

Not more powerful. Far stronger and far more durable, sure.

He also casually stopped him with a gesture and then defeated him. That's not BFR.

That's your response, uncle with blond hair? Pathetic.

Concession accepted. Run away like you always do.

laughing out loud

Compare Thor and PC superboy while you run to wherever you hide. Also compare a planet and a mountain while you are at it. You provide a good laugh as always, "GAIZ, GAIZ, he was moving through it like water nah air. Three times as dense as earth, I tell you, I tell you".

crylaughOriginally posted by Horrificus
Well, obviously violence is within him. That should beef up Mangog enough for him to dish out a double-beating to Validus.

I've already won and you've decided to run again. See you again in the next mangog wank thread. Validus is likely to oneshot mangog like he did to superboy and even that is very generous to mangog.

Horrificus
Yeah, he was.

Not more powerful. Far stronger and far more durable, sure.

He also casually stopped him with a gesture and then defeated him. That's not BFR.

That's your response, uncle with blond hair? Pathetic.

Concession accepted. Run away like you always do.

laughing out loud

Compare Thor and PC superboy while you run to wherever you hide. Also compare a planet and a mountain while you are at it. You provide a good laugh as always, "GAIZ, GAIZ, he was moving through it like water nah air. Three times as dense as earth, I tell you, I tell you".

crylaugh
I've already won and you've decided to run again. See you again in the next mangog wank thread. Validus is likely to oneshot mangog like he did to superboy and even that is very generous to mangog. Um, I'm not running anywhere. I just know that you are incapable of an actual debate.

1. You state your opinion.
2. You trash the opponents opinion as rudely as possible.
3. Then, you spend the remaining threadlife insulting and attempting to upset and anger your opponent, because you shoot your wad too soon and rarely have any kind of in-depth argument about anything other than the specific characters that happen to be in your fav bullpen.

Case in point, this thread right now. You grabbed onto a few tiny weak threads of an argument. I addressed them. Now, you are obsessively comparing Thor and Superboy as if somebody is actually interacting with you about these 2 characters.

NOTHING you have shown effects my argument. Your use of Superboy, although sadly homoerotic in nature, does nothing for your argument, since he really didn't have any kind of in-depth battle with Validus. So, I have no idea why you can't pull yourself out of his butt long enough to give a proper debate.

Great, Validus tore apart a planet. That, pretty much, is the end of your argument.

Blah, blah, blah, Odin and Thor are pussies, blah, blah, blah. This is not a logical stance with any kind of information or references that anybody with half of a brain is going to stand by. It's called "ranting".

abhilegend
Um, I'm not running anywhere. I just know that you are incapable of an actual debate.

1. You state your opinion.
2. You trash the opponents opinion as rudely as possible.
3. Then, you spend the remaining threadlife insulting and attempting to upset and anger your opponent, because you shoot your wad too soon and rarely have any kind of in-depth argument about anything other than the specific characters that happen to be in your fav bullpen.

Case in point, this thread right now. You grabbed onto a few tiny weak threads of an argument. I addressed them. Now, you are obsessively comparing Thor and Superboy as if somebody is actually interacting with you about these 2 characters.

NOTHING you have shown effects my argument. Your use of Superboy, although sadly homoerotic in nature, does nothing for your argument, since he really didn't have any kind of in-depth battle with Validus. So, I have no idea why you can't pull yourself out of his butt long enough to give a proper debate.

Great, Validus tore apart a planet. That, pretty much, is the end of your argument.

Blah, blah, blah, Odin and Thor are pussies, blah, blah, blah. This is not a logical stance with any kind of information or references that anybody with half of a brain is going to stand by. It's called "ranting".
laughing out loud

Your desperation is showing. Considering what you said in your last post this is just hypocritical on your part.

That's certainly better than throwing a mountain and moving through something THREE TIMES DENSERRRRRRRR THAN EARTH.

Don't worry though, I expect just that from thorbags like you. Not one has surprised me so far.

Well, that's true. Thor and Odin are pussies, captain america has "sonned" them both. Also that was just a joke not that you would understand.

Also don't project your own insecurities on me. Its becoming annoying.

Igniz
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
LIES!!!

The Mighty Validus has an action figure in testament to his greatness and unparalled power.

Does Mangog have that?

NO.

Advantage, Validus!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ie37mgxIXA/S_akQUtH4WI/AAAAAAAAGyY/RnYk4yzHguU/s1600/DCUC+Validus.jpg

http://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/14500/14187-1.jpg

big grin

Golgo13
Validus solos.

bbrem123
Mangog casually one-shotting Thor over and over, defeating ANY version of Odin along with the statements made about previous encounters make it clear that you are wrong.

PC Superboy is nowhere near as dangerous or powerful as Odin and regardless of how powerful Superboy was, to say that he dwarfed Thor's attack strength and powers, is insane. In his battle against Mangog, Thor created attacks that turned huge swaths of Asgard into a molten sea. Not Earth, Asgard. 3 times density and strength of earth.

Mangog IGNORED having a mountain range dropped on him that was the size of an empire, as per statements in the story. Again, 3 times the mass and density of earth properties. And, again, Mangog casually tossed it off of himself.

Odin, with brithes filled with poop, consitently stated that he was POWERLESS against Mangog, from previouss experience. When Mangog approached Odin in the second story, Odin gave up, knew he was going down, EXPLAINED THIS ON-PANEL and shunted Asgard to a dimension where Mangog would not be able to destroy the universe by drawing the Twilight Sword.

Odin, AMP'D more than he has ever been (again, stated on-panel) was only able to leech Mangog's power. That was all Odin was able to do. Then he died. Mangog lived.

And, on top of this, there is no evidence that any of these showings was ever near his peak of power. Mangog gets power from limitless sources. And, these sources, (hate, violence and adoration) are not even all on the same side of the spectrum. The possibilities are pretty much limitless.

Even if we say that Validus and Mangog start out at the same power-level, (which I do not agree with anyway), Mangog also gets power from hate, anger and violence. All evidence says that his battle with Validus would just push Mangog to the point of no return. Especially with his durability. There is no hope of any kind of quick win for Validus.

Sorry Abhi, but regardless of your respect of PC Superboy, feats against a premier skyfather, along with art, narration and storylines to back it up, will always trump Validus and Superboy, Mon-El, Suneater, etc.

And, I take no enjoyment from trouncing you in this case, because Validus is a favorite of mine. So, where you are enjoying your ongoing "Hate-Everything-Asgardian" war and disrespecting Mangog, I still think Validus is awesome. I just don't think he has the same resume. Yet.

The fact that there was nothing all of Asgard could do to Mangog, puts him in a class by himself for now.

And, to disrespect Thor to try and win this debate is not cool or smart. Regardless of your opinion of Thor and PC Superboy, to ignore Thor's Classic Attacks is not the way to go. Although you try to make Thor look like a germ next to PC Superman and PC Superboy, at the time of Mangog's appearance, this was a Thor that was using his "I can do anything that the story calls for" powers. This was the era of his time control showings, speed claims, strength statements and more exotic uses of magic. Most of the stuff Thor did during this period are usually now dismissed in these forums, because he did not do them consistently enough. But, back then, he WAS doing them. And, many of Thor's exotic attacks WERE enough to lay out PC Superman or PC Superboy. Especially if we dig into old scans and look for some of the less flattering losses of these two.

But, instead of doing that with you, I would rather steer away from the DISRESPECTING of these characters.

So, maybe we can keep away from slinging crap on each other's picks and, at the least, agree to disagree.

These are 2 of my favorite characters and it would be a fantasy of mine to see them in a book together, traveling through both comic companies, paying visits to various fan-favorite powerhouse characters along the way.

Mangog is a legitimate "Skyfather-Buster". big grin good post thumb up

armedforbattle
Validus solos.

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/288699/kg-are-you-serious.gif
Are you serious?

Golgo13
Not really, but he was a monster. Considering what he has done.

Stoic
You know what I found kind of funny? Validus appeared to be struggling while he was tearing apart a planet in one of those scans (I mean he really looked to be digging in there lol). It made me wonder how powerful a guy would have to be if they could have popped a planet while standing in Vegas with just a footfall?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic
You know what I found kind of funny? Validus appeared to be struggling while he was tearing apart a planet in one of those scans (I mean he really looked to be digging in there lol). It made me wonder how powerful a guy would have to be if they could have popped a planet while standing in Vegas with just a footfall?

It's a Pre-Crisis planet. Anyway, he has also destroyed a good portion of a Sun-Eater, IIRC. stick out tongue

the Darkone
Not really, but he was a monster. Considering what he has done.

Compare to Mangog, no! Mangog defeated the most premier sky father in Odin, as where Validus got punked by the second most powerful Sky Father in PC Darkseid who devolved him back to a child. Everything Odin did to SA Manogo was only temporily and it took Odin killing himself to beat Mangog, it took PIS to beat Mangog, as where Validus it took a glance.

Mangog is bigger stronger and more powerful and versatile and smarter and just as ruthless as Validus or more so since Mangog is avatar of hate & rage; Validus would be just fueling Mangog through the while fight.

Validus is good, very good but Mangog is two notches above him.

Golgo13
Originally posted by the Darkone
Compare to Mangog, no! Mangog defeated the most premier sky father in Odin, as where Validus got punked by the second most powerful Sky Father in PC Darkseid who devolved him back to a child. Everything Odin did to SA Manogo was only temporily and it took Odin killing himself to beat Mangog, it took PIS to beat Mangog, as where Validus it took a glance.

Mangog is bigger stronger and more powerful and versatile and smarter and just as ruthless as Validus or more so since Mangog is avatar of hate & rage; Validus would be just fueling Mangog through the while fight.

Validus is good, very good but Mangog is two notches above him.

Mangog isn't stronger, IMO.

the Darkone
Mangog isn't stronger, IMO.

Ugh, yes he is and can increase strength due to hatred, rage and physical contact. Everything in Asgard is heavier to 3-4 timers denser compare to earth, not only stronger but more powerful.

Golgo13
Originally posted by the Darkone
Ugh, yes he is and can increase strength due to hatred, rage and physical contact. Everything in Asgard is heavier to 3-4 timers denser compare to earth, not only stronger but more powerful.

Agree to disagree, but we haven't seen any limits to Validus. He crushed a guy who can tow planets across the universe without breaking a sweat. In fact, he didn't even register to Validus.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Igniz

big grin

BAH!

That is obviously homemade!

mad

Horrificus
laughing out loud

Your desperation is showing. Considering what you said in your last post this is just hypocritical on your part.

That's certainly better than throwing a mountain and moving through something THREE TIMES DENSERRRRRRRR THAN EARTH.

Don't worry though, I expect just that from thorbags like you. Not one has surprised me so far.

Well, that's true. Thor and Odin are pussies, captain america has "sonned" them both. Also that was just a joke not that you would understand.

Also don't project your own insecurities on me. Its becoming annoying. Oh, I see you went on replying to me. I'm sorry I only had a chance to read this now, almost an entire day later. You see, I was busy having a life AND reading comic books. big grin Instead of just posting nonsense and trying to infuriate people for no apparent reason. But, it seems to make you happy, so I understand.

Is the term "Thorbag" supposed to be hurting me in some way, because you use it an awful lot? confused

Well, it was good hearing from you, but I have to move on and debate with more knowledgeable forum members and people that are actually cool to communicate with.

Horrificus
LIES!!!

Does Mangog have that?

NO.

Advantage, Validus!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ie37mgxIXA/S_akQUtH4WI/AAAAAAAAGyY/RnYk4yzHguU/s1600/DCUC+Validus.jpg That action figure is so freaking awesome, it just might cause me to change my stance on this subject.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Igniz

big grin I spoke too soon. big grin

abhilegend
Oh, I see you went on replying to me. I'm sorry I only had a chance to read this now, almost an entire day later. You see, I was busy having a life AND reading comic books. big grin Instead of just posting nonsense and trying to infuriate people for no apparent reason. But, it seems to make you happy, so I understand.

Is the term "Thorbag" supposed to be hurting me in some way, because you use it an awful lot? confused

Well, it was good hearing from you, but I have to move on and debate with more knowledgeable forum members and people that are actually cool to communicate with.
laughing out loud

That's all you've got? I'm not surprised. See ya.

Horrificus
Does anybody out there think I succeeded in proving Mangog is the victor, over Abhi's argument?

Any opinions out there?

LordofBrooklyn
I spoke too soon. big grin

That piece is a knockoff!

Bow to the superior Validus figure.

armedforbattle
Does anybody out there think I succeeded in proving Mangog is the victor, over Abhi's argument?

Any opinions out there?
I think you better supported your argument.
His best argument was "well validuz beet up PC supaboii, there4 he winz"

armedforbattle
A majority of this thread was debating Validus vs Mangog

What about Doomsday, Despero vs Juggernaut & WBH?
Remember I only allowed DD one death. (No dying and coming back)

the Darkone

Any opinions out there?

Yes and fair!! SA Mangog beat a sky father in SA Odin and it took PIS to beat Mangog, as where Validus got punked by the second most powerful sky father in PC Darkseid next to Odin who are peers.

Golgo13

Despero (V&V) is pretty damn strong. He lifted the Rock of Eternity, which was said to weigh infinity. Plus, he has global level TP.

Golgo13

He casually took down Superboy and Mon-El and tore apart a good potion of a Uber Sun Eater. Validus is no joke.

abhilegend
orly

What about knocking out thor, THREE TIMES DENSERRRRRRR MOUNTAINS and moving like air through them? Knocking out Odin of SA is the only thing that's anything important here and anybody who's actually read Thor comics from that era and not "OMG, ODIN DESTROYZZZ GALAXIESSSS" scans from internet knows that Odin wasn't much in physical department and Thor actually overpowered him in h2h once. Anything else is just speculation on his part.

deathlife

Mangog is a legitimate "Skyfather-Buster". big grin

Well said.

And when you take into account Odin's feats at the time, I would agree that Mangog is more powerful than Validus.

deathlife

Classic Despero was the skinny one.

The modern version is way more powerful.

LordofBrooklyn

Despero matches Juggernaut and I see him winning. He put down enough heralds in a few punches to validate this.

Doomsday and The Worldbreaker go at it long enough for Despero to join the fray. 2 versus one should prevail.

Stoic
Despero matches Juggernaut and I see him winning. He put down enough heralds in a few punches to validate this.

Doomsday and The Worldbreaker go at it long enough for Despero to join the fray. 2 versus one should prevail.

Despero isn't beating Cain at his best.

LordofBrooklyn
Despero isn't beating Cain at his best.

Despero casually tosses around Superman and Lobo while smashing GL's, Wonder Woman, Flash, J'onn and others at the same time.

What comprable feats does Cain have on that level?

Stoic
Despero casually tosses around Superman and Lobo while smashing GL's, Wonder Woman, Flash, J'onn and others at the same time.

What comprable feats does Cain have on that level?

Cain barely registered a full on hit by Thor, the Hulk, and others of that stature. Cain also used to walk around with a face mask which was used for redundancy purposes in case someone managed to pry his helmet off. What in the world makes you believe that Despero would even hurt Cain? Being tossed around does not mean the same as being hurt. Despero is the one fighting an uphill battle not Cain. Desero tires, Cain does not, and this would be his downfall.

LordofBrooklyn
Cain barely registered a full on hit by Thor, the Hulk, and others of that stature. Cain also used to walk around with a face mask which was used for redundancy purposes in case someone managed to pry his helmet off. What in the world makes you believe that Despero would even hurt Cain? Being tossed around does not mean the same as being hurt. Despero is the one fighting an uphill battle not Cain. Desero tires, Cain does not, and this would be his downfall.

Is the helmet still magically bonded to Cain?

If not, Cain falls even faster.

Stoic
Is the helmet still magically bonded to Cain?

If not, Cain falls even faster.

I thought that this was Classic Juggernaut, as in his best. You realize that 90% of Cain's defeats came by way of plot, or bfr right? At his best outside of his 7-8th day run, was him wearing the face mask. Marvel had to get rid of it, because he was written to be unbeatable in straight on combat.

LordofBrooklyn
I thought that this was Classic Juggernaut, as in his best. You realize that 90% of Cain's defeats came by way of plot, or bfr right? At his best outside of his 7-8th day run, was him wearing the face mask. Marvel had to get rid of it, because he was written to be unbeatable in straight on combat.

Classic Juggeranut had the psi weakness with the helmet off.

Stoic
Classic Juggeranut had the psi weakness with the helmet off.

That's right, which is why Black Tom Cassidy fashioned a portion of his original helmet into a face mask that he wore beneath the helmet for redundancy purposes.

LordofBrooklyn
That's right, which is why Black Tom Cassidy fashioned a portion of his original helmet into a face mask that he wore beneath the helmet for redundancy purposes.

Give us your rundown of the fight.

Horrificus
I got caught up in the Mangog/Validus thing, but I have to be honest when I say that Despero is also up there. I don't think he is on the same level as Mangog and Validus, but I would only place him one notch below them, and a notch or 2 above the others.

Whereas Validus and Mangog are potential Skyfather-Busters, Despero is a legitimate Herald-Buster for sure. He is a beast.

Stoic
Give us your rundown of the fight.

I'm not too sure about Mangog vs Validus

Depsero would eventually tire in his battle with Cain so Cain gets my vote and wins by attrition. I mean do you recall a time if any that Cain was overpowered while operating at his best? When I say overpowered I mean the way that WW Hulk broke Peter's arms, and on panel.

WB Hulk vs HP Doomsday. If the Hulk goes at him the way he went at Betty in the Dark Dimension, I see him winning this by turning DD into bones.

That's just my opinion. All the same it's past my bedtime. Gotta work soon.

Stoic
I got caught up in the Mangog/Validus thing, but I have to be honest when I say that Despero is also up there. I don't think he is on the same level as Mangog and Validus, but I would only place him one notch below them, and a notch or 2 above the others.

Whereas Validus and Mangog are potential Skyfather-Busters, Despero is a legitimate Herald-Buster for sure. He is a beast.

Uhm HP worked the hell out of a peer of Despero in the form Darkseid. Think about what you're saying for a second.

armedforbattle
Despero (V&V) is pretty damn strong. He lifted the Rock of Eternity, which was said to weigh infinity. Plus, he has global level TP.
Reread the OP. Its a slugfest.
He casually took down Superboy and Mon-El and tore apart a good potion of a Uber Sun Eater. Validus is no joke.
Never said he was a joke.

Golgo13
Reread the OP. Its a slugfest.

Never said he was a joke.

Its closer, but I would say validus and dd eek out the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.