Robocop vs the 300

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
Robocop /w arm mounted machinegun/flamethrower and reg burst pistol vs the 300 Spartans, They start 60yards apart.

Can robocop gun them down before they get to him or do they chop him up who wins?

focus4chumps
i think 300 is just too much for robocop. they could rush him with 30. they know armor when they see it so they would go for the face as its the only exposed part.

my pick for winner is 300... unfortunately

thanos-prime
Don't you know cyborgs eat bullets? What is a spear gonna do?!

focus4chumps
his skull is human though. a spear down his gullet would be a swift end. i love robocop and think 300 was kinda ghey...but i cant go all lestov and put him over a 300 man bum rush.

Sadako of Girth
He protects his face against most fast moving bullets. A moment of being shot in the face by a kid who Robo couldn't act against was a low point, but that principle won't be played out here. And spears and such are slower easier for him to see coming. The rest of his armour wil be too much for the Spartan's to deal with.

Also adding to the likelihood of you being pleasantly surprised is Robo's jetpack, flame thrower, attachable Machine gun arm, standard sidearm and other gadgets and R3 feats that would level the playing field here. Lion-o's' troupe take it hard here.
They might as well be splatterpunks.

For them, there will be....'trouble'.

FrothByte
Robocop will easily destroy a lot of spartans, but in the end I believe 300 is just too many for him. They'll eventually close in and overpower him, then start stabbing and hacking at him till some of the hits finally penetrate his armor.

From what I remember, Robocop is somewhat fragile once he's damaged. Usually unable to properly function once he's hurt (unlike say the terminator that kept going despite having half it's body blown off).

Sadako of Girth
But what are the 300 gonna do to open that account, so to speak...?
Especially when on fire and being shot.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
But what are the 300 gonna do to open that account, so to speak...?
Especially when on fire and being shot.

Well if the 300's shields are strong enough to withstand arrows, it should provide them some protection against bullets (though not complete protection). All they need to do is get in close enough to Robocop and overpower him, take his gun away, and push him on his ass. Robocop is strong but I don't recall him being strong enough to overpower 20 or so men.

Once he's on his ass, the 300 can start prying his armor for weakspots, or just keep smashing him in the face.

thanos-prime
Robocops gun was incredibly powerful it will go through their shields like butter.

focus4chumps
his gun is useless in this scenario. as far as the flamethrower, the spartans would likely do an encircling maneuver. many spartans would die. perhaps most. but same for murphy.

sure if you want to go all robocop 3 then he just hovers about with his jetpack and whistles while he targets and kills all 300 one by one, but whats the fun of that?

Silent Master
I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever heard someone say that machine guns are useless in a fight where the opponents aren't bulletproof.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Silent Master
I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever heard someone say that machine guns are useless in a fight where the opponents aren't bulletproof.

its not a machine gun. its a miniature assault rifle at best. lets not get goofy and act like its a mounted 50 cal, mmmkay? an assault rifle vs 300 encircled and chargin spartans is a bad idea, especially when you have a flamethrower handy. if he just uses his gun they'll feed it to him.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by focus4chumps
his gun is useless in this scenario. as far as the flamethrower, the spartans would likely do an encircling maneuver. many spartans would die. perhaps most. but same for murphy.

sure if you want to go all robocop 3 then he just hovers about with his jetpack and whistles while he targets and kills all 300 one by one, but whats the fun of that? How would his gun be useless? No jetpack in this match

focus4chumps
kill rate

Silent Master
its not a machine gun. its a miniature assault rifle at best. lets not get goofy and act like its a mounted 50 cal, mmmkay? an assault rifle vs 300 encircled and chargin spartans is derp, especially when you have a flamethrower handy. if he just uses his gun they'll feed it to him.

Read the OP, he gets the pistol and the machine gun that attached to his arm.

Robtard
Pretty sure Robocop's skull is metallic and just his facial skin was placed over it. The exchange he and Lewis have in Robocop suggest this.

So not sure if the spears can take him apart, even if he lays down. Considering it took a length of time with industrial tools to do so in Robocop 2.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Silent Master
Read the OP, he gets the pistol and the machine gun that attached to his arm.

ok then i guess it all depends on starting positions. are the spartans being bunched together in the line of fire?

thanos-prime
They fight on a football field, spartans start fight in phalanx.

BruceSkywalker
300 becomes death so easily.. spears won;t do do a damn thing here..

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty sure Robocop's skull is metallic and just his facial skin was placed over it. The exchange he and Lewis have in Robocop suggest this.

So not sure if the spears can take him apart, even if he lays down. Considering it took a length of time with industrial tools to do so in Robocop 2.

"They made this...to honour him" - Robocop referring to his cold dead rubber face, Robocop 2

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by thanos-prime
No jetpack in this match

Gimpery noted..

the ninjak
I thought Robocop could be hurt if damage was applied through the mouth?

A good dagger though the upper mouth into the brain.

Spartans of all characters have the skill and creativity to attempt such a feat.
It's all they have.

Otherwise it's a spite thread. Robocop could just kill them slowly with his bare hands.

focus4chumps
"They made this...to honour him" - Robocop referring to his cold dead rubber face, Robocop 2

a rubber face? why would they recreate the recreate the bullet hole? i think you and robtard are being overly presumptuous based on little/no evidence.

unless you accept the plothole fail of robocop 3 of course

Sadako of Girth
A reminder of the avenging angel thing? (pure speculation on my part)

Which we have to.

Along with the testimonial of the quote from 2.

Robtard
i think you and robtard are being overly presumptuous based on little/no evidence.

I know I had read it somewhere as well and it makes the most sense, the facial skin preserved to "honor Murphy". Considering they built a body that can survive thousands of bullets, explosions and falls from skyscrapers, but they left his mouth as a blatant weak-point? OCP doesn't seem nearly as inept as The Galactic Empire, imo.

When the visor is removed, only Murphy's face (which is grafted onto a completely mechanical skull) from the top of the neck up is exposed

-

RoboCop implies that only Murphy's face and brain was used in the construction of RoboCop, as Morton states that "total body prosthesis" was an agreed-upon parameter. It is unclear in the first two films whether or not RoboCop's human face is merely a replica of Murphy's, as it contains a scar where Boddicker shot him in the head, though he tells Murphy's wife, in RoboCop 2, that "they made this to honor him." After touching it, she says, "it's cold."

-
In RoboCop 3, Dr. Marie Lazarus, RoboCop's chief technician, stated that Murphy's face was indeed transplanted onto a mechanical skull, and that it is not a replica. In the first film it is mentioned that RoboCop eats a "rudimentary paste that sustains his organic systems."

-

In RoboCop: Creating a Legend, a bonus feature on the RoboCop: 20th Anniversary DVD, it is stated that Murphy's face was removed from his corpse and implanted on the cyborg's head to give RoboCop a sense of identity. This psychological disruption RoboCop may have experienced is explained from the basis that a person whose memory has been erased would still possess the memory of being human and would suffer a psychotic breakdown if he saw the reflection of a robotic image instead of his original image of humanity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_%28character%29

focus4chumps
I know I had read it somewhere as well and it makes the most sense, the facial skin preserved to "honor Murphy". Considering they built a body that can survive thousands of bullets, explosions and falls from skyscrapers, but they left his mouth as a blatant weak-point? OCP doesn't seem nearly as inept as The Galactic Empire, imo.

k but you realize in that scene he was lying to her, right?

he said he wasnt murphy and that his look was artificial.

as far as "its cold" it could simply mean that he has a low body temperature. doesnt really mean anything.

Robtard
k but you realize in that scene he was lying to her, right?

he said he wasnt murphy and that his look was artificial.

as far as "its cold" it could simply mean that he has a low body temperature. doesnt really mean anything.

I took that as his mind/soul angle, telling her that he was no longer Murphy the man inside the machine. So she could cope. 'My body and mind are machine now, Murphy's dead.' Despite the truth being that Murphy(mind/soul) was still inside the machine.

IMO, the facial implant makes more sense than him having a almost full human head. Bonus feature (which I need to watch now) states this.

Sadako of Girth
20:53 jmF6cq_4ezc

Anyone still hanging on this mouth/arrows/spears thing?

the ninjak
20:53 jmF6cq_4ezc

Anyone still hanging on this mouth/arrows/spears thing?

That's the exact scene I remember.
And the punk couldn't make the shot. Not like a bullet directly into the mouth would help anyways.
Considering he caught a bullet a spear through the mouth isn't plausible.

I'm wondering now how many bullets he has? Can he run out before he kills all of them?

Can the surviving Spartans just run around the arena Life of Brian style?
Didn't Robocop need to recharge eventually? I know I'm grasping at straws. smile
D5FU0ZMRB_Q

Sadako of Girth
He recharges from his Jetpack. (which has been gimped)

the ninjak
And how long did Robocop's energy reserves last?

quanchi112
300 wins in a landslide.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
That's the exact scene I remember.
And the punk couldn't make the shot. Not like a bullet directly into the mouth would help anyways.
Considering he caught a bullet a spear through the mouth isn't plausible.

I'm wondering now how many bullets he has? Can he run out before he kills all of them?

Can the surviving Spartans just run around the arena Life of Brian style?
Didn't Robocop need to recharge eventually? I know I'm grasping at straws. smile

His gun somehow held what appeared to be over 50 rounds, iirc. It's the scene when he's in the cop station's firing range. He fired like 20 burst of 3 rounds.

FrothByte
IIRC, Robocop was described as a cyborg and as per the movie, the cyborg was defined as a combination of robot and human. Therefore Robocop couldn't be all metal otherwise he'd be just pure robot. Of course, I could be mistaking this for another movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
IIRC, Robocop was described as a cyborg and as per the movie, the cyborg was defined as a combination of robot and human. Therefore Robocop couldn't be all metal otherwise he'd be just pure robot. Of course, I could be mistaking this for another movie.

What remained of his brain, his nervous system, some organs and facial skin are all organic. That would make him a Cyborg.

Robocain by all appearances only had the human brain, he was a cyborg too.

Scarlet Fox
Robocop isnt all Robot. Limbs were Replaced but his torso still had, at least in the first one, Organic parts. That is the whole point of being a 'Cyborg'. If you were all machine you would be a robot.

But to honestly think that the 300 would bum rush Robocop is ridiculous. They would see one man with no idea what he is. Maybe they understand he has armor on and would go for the face but I dout they would be able to actualyl get to him.

Machine gun, Flamethrower, handgun, etc? Robocop is armed to go against an army here. No way are those shields going to stop bullets when they barley stop arrows.

I say Robocop takes this one.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox

But to honestly think that the 300 would bum rush Robocop is ridiculous.

you're right. they would stand there like asses and get cooked. you know so much.

Scarlet Fox
you're right. they would stand there like asses and get cooked. you know so much.
Plz. I didnt say they would stand there. The OP didnt say the 300 had any prior knowledge of Robocop and his firepower. They wouldnt even know what 'FirePower' is. They would see a single guy standing there. Even if they used Tactics thier shields still wouldnt help to protect them from gun fire. And lets say they DO just rush him. Even a well trained soldier would freak out if a jet of flame came out of a guys arm, let alone someone who has no idea what a Flamethrower is. The Element of Surprise is here in favor of Robocop. And with Robocops aim it would be easy to conserve ammo with each shot, not to mention the bullet penetration going through at least two or three of them. These guys have NO body armor on them. The bullets Robocop uses would tear them down.

focus4chumps
your apparent inside knowledge of "well trained soldiers" just standing there and asking "what is this magic?" while pooping themselves is impressive. again, you know so much. to continue this topic is just silly since you already answered it.

Scarlet Fox
Your talent of putting words where there are none is impressive.

Robtard
The Spartans had no trouble or fear of demonic faced beings, giants, witches tossing fire bombs or war elephants as tall as multi-story buildings.

I find it hard to believe Robocop would scare them, even while he's mowing them down with gun, machine-gun and flamethrower.

Scarlet Fox
The Spartans had no trouble or fear of demonic faced beings, giants, witches tossing fire bombs or war elephants as tall as multi-story buildings.

I find it hard to believe Robocop would scare them, even while he's mowing them down with gun, machine-gun and flamethrower.
I never said they would be 'Paralized with fear'. Simply taken by surprise. Which in no way shape or form constitues as 'He has some surprises, Lets just sit here.'

FrothByte
Robocop isnt all Robot. Limbs were Replaced but his torso still had, at least in the first one, Organic parts. That is the whole point of being a 'Cyborg'. If you were all machine you would be a robot.

But to honestly think that the 300 would bum rush Robocop is ridiculous. They would see one man with no idea what he is. Maybe they understand he has armor on and would go for the face but I dout they would be able to actualyl get to him.

Machine gun, Flamethrower, handgun, etc? Robocop is armed to go against an army here. No way are those shields going to stop bullets when they barley stop arrows.

I say Robocop takes this one.

I won't say "barely stopped arrows". They hid under their shields while hundreds of arrows rained on them... and not one arrow pierced through the shields. Those shields may not be able to stop direct shots from Robocop's gun, but can definitely deflect glancing blows. I'm actually pretty convinced they can stop the bullets at certain distances, but then we'd have to argue about what kinds of rounds the gun is carrying and how high the gun velocity is... so to avoid that I'll just agree that direct shots can go through the shields. Just that from what little knowledge I have of ballistics, I seem to remember arrows having better penetration power than slugs. But what do I know, I don't even remember where I read that.

focus4chumps
I never said they would be 'Paralized with fear'. Simply taken by surprise.

Even a well trained soldier would freak out if a jet of flame came out of a guys arm, let alone someone who has no idea what a Flamethrower is.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scarlet Fox
When Robocop was shooting in the range in the first one a three round burst took the neck off the dummy. Now even if it was paper a normal round would only leave a small hole, not shred the paper. It seems obvious that Robocop wouldnt be using standard rounds. Not to say I know exactly what kind he is using.

As for the Arrows, they did get riddled with arrows and when they stood up their shields hard Arrows stuck all over the shields.

Scarlet Fox
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Paralized with fear and freak out are two different things. I freak out when I drop soda on the floor. Im not Paralized with fear.

focus4chumps
Paralized with fear and freak out are two different things. I freak out when I drop soda on the floor. Im not Paralized with fear.

good so we agree. your post was nothing more than worthless pontification devoid of any evidence or reason.

FrothByte
When Robocop was shooting in the range in the first one a three round burst took the neck off the dummy. Now even if it was paper a normal round would only leave a small hole, not shred the paper. It seems obvious that Robocop wouldnt be using standard rounds. Not to say I know exactly what kind he is using.

As for the Arrows, they did get riddled with arrows and when they stood up their shields hard Arrows stuck all over the shields.

That's probably due to high velocity. A high velocity gun can tear through a target which a low velocity gun only left a hole in even if they both use the same type of rounds. However to penetrate steel, you'll need armor piercing rounds, and I'm not sure if Robocop's gun carry those? It's been a while since I watched the movies, were there any scenes where he shoots through metal? Not cars mind you, but steel sheets or something? Or even concrete. If he has feats like those then yes, he easily gets through the spartan shields.

Scarlet Fox
Didnt he shoot through a concrete wall? Or am I thinking of another movie?

focus4chumps
it doesnt matter. spartans were gimped by allowing robocop 3.

so, again, robocop hovers above the arena and casually picks off one at a time. one round per spartan skull as his targeting computer blips away.

Scarlet Fox
it doesnt matter. spartans were gimped by allowing robocop 3.

so, again, robocop hovers above the arena and casually picks off one at a time. one round per spartan skull as his targeting computer blips away.
Oh well thats stupid. Who said he had a Jetpack?

Robtard
Not that Robocop needs a jet-pack to win here. But allowing him to fly makes this a no contest.

focus4chumps
right because the spartans were retarded and would have just form a simple phalanx and march into the fire/rounds...or they would just stand there and go "duuuuuuuuh" while picking their noses, as our inside source informed us.

FrothByte
So are we allowing the jetpack or not?

Robtard
^Was that towards me? Cos I never implied the Spartans were morons.

They probably form a phalanx at the start as per standard procedure, but after 'x' amount are killed and they realize their bronze shields are useless in stopping bullets, I can see them spreading out.

Though even saying they spread out from the get-go, it's not like Robocop will miss with his targeting computer.

focus4chumps
are we allowing tactical maneuvering by the spartans?

just seems they are being dropped into the arena bunched together in a phalanx directly in the line of fire.

Scarlet Fox
A phalanx is normal for them to begin with. I agree with Robtard. They would see it pointless and spread out. They may even try to flank Robocop. But he isnt an idiot either and wouldnt allow himself to be flanked to begin with.

focus4chumps
right because an opposing army must allow an encircling maneuver for it to be successful. if not the spartans are frozen in place by some weird voodoo.

focus4chumps
ok so thats the full scenario.

robocop is armed to the teeth in a defensive position with a heavy machine gun aimed at the spartans. no need for a plan just pull trigger. spartans are placed in the line of fire bunched together like retarded cattle. nice. are the spartans allowed legs or are they sawed off?

Scarlet Fox
Again. Your power to put words where there are none surpasses expectation.

How do the Spartans beat him then? What tactics would they employ against someone of superior firepower?

focus4chumps
Again. Your power to put words where there are none surpasses expectation.

im getting bored of answering that same accusation by exposing you as a lying hypocrite.

focus4chumps
anyhow, if the spartans are not allowed to even begin tactics while robocop is already in a prime position to mow them down (them standing bunched together like tards 60 yards away lol!!) is a clear gimping.

thanos-prime
The Spartans can do whatever they want, they just start in a certain position.

focus4chumps
are they aware that robocop has seemingly magical projectile weapons or is it a surprise?

Robtard
The Spartans can do whatever they want, they just start in a certain position.

Can they challenge Robocop to a dance-off?

Scarlet Fox
im getting bored of answering that same accusation by exposing you as a lying hypocrite.
I like how you ignored my question in that post by not answering it.
Can they challenge Robocop to a dance-off?
Robocop would win by his perfect 'Robot' moves. >=D

focus4chumps

How do the Spartans beat him then? What tactics would they employ against someone of superior firepower?

encircling maneuver, as i stated over and over.

they would conclude that robocop cannot fire in all directions at one. encircle and charge. i said this before but you ignored it. quite clownish.

oh but robocop would "allow" it since you need the 300 to be gimped and standing in a pile like retards. how pathetic.

Scarlet Fox
You said encircling before I came into the thread and stated my opinion and then began to talk about grown men shitting themselves.

So I use your own remark, Does robocop have legs or does he just sit there while he is surrounded?

focus4chumps
unless he has a corner/nest to run to, it doesnt matter. he's to oslow to buy much time retreating.

focus4chumps
then again they'll just make the new robocop run at 300 miles an hour and since all canon is valid its "lol 300 pimpslaps", yet 300 will always have spears and arrows, i suppose its inevitably bad for the poor spartans sad

Robtard
Rumors are he can transform into over machines/shapes

focus4chumps
reserving all judgement on that, but my point stands on the canon matter

Scarlet Fox
o.o Robocop is going to be a Transformer?...

Sadako of Girth
A concept that would transform the character into someone else and transform the alleged Robocop movie into poop.

FrothByte
Rumors are he can transform into over machines/shapes

I'm trying to withhold judgement on this till I see it, but I have to say that sounds awful. That's going to ruin Robocop.

Sadako of Girth
The one human hand thing bothered me also.
Makes bugger all sense.

The Fat Rambo
They fight on a football field, spartans start fight in phalanx. Pretty sure bullets eat right through shields.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.