Aku (Samurai Jack) Versus Zeus (God of War series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever

The Shogun of Sorrow, the Deliverer of Darkness, the Might Aku! The shape shifting embodiment of evil takes on the bastard maker and King of the Gods, Zeus. Which ultimate d-bag comes out on top?

BloodRain
Don't want to admit that I didn't watch Samurai Jack :<

My guess is that it would come down to their non-physical traits.

Can't Aku in a last ditch situation just send Zeus through time?

ScreamPaste
"Without weilding a magic sword, this foolish Greek warrior cannot face me!" Or something.

I'm not sure. I've actually not seen the truly high end feats that some people seem to have seen for Aku, because I never finished the series. Things got hectic during that part of my life.

Currently it seems to me Zeus should win, but that's possibly because I don't know enough about Aku.

KingD19
It took 3 of the most powerful Gods from different pantheons to hurt Aku. Odin, Ra, and Vishnu. And even then, they only slowed down the entity he was before gaining true sentience and demon/godhood of his own. After that, it took those same 3 gods to forge a weapon that could harm him.

Zeus alone probably can't pull it off.

ScreamPaste
How powerful are those actual deities? mmm

NotAllThatEvil
Aku can travel to different solar systems in a less than a minute, raise and control the dead, when a part of him breaks off it turns into a second aku that can return at will, any solid projectile can be absorbed then launched back, and he can shape shift, ... and he has laser eyes...

ScreamPaste
Now this is impressive. mmm Context? O-o

NotAllThatEvil
Samurai jack sword is his kryptonite, so he went to get lion hunter men fron a different... place, to finish him off. I don't know how far he went, but he passed three stars. I'm no astrophysicist, but isn't sol the only star in our system?

BloodRain
..all these Zelda threads are making me see things now..

XanatosForever
haermm

A note on Aku being able to split his form: Yes, he can do so, with the exception of being cut by Jack's sword, which usually causes the severed portion to dissolve/burn away. The three gods' weapons were capable of harming the proto-being that spawned Aku, so I don't see why Zeus's divine power couldn't do the job.

KingD19
They were powerful enough to chase him through space and and whittle him down to nothing with various forms of energy blasts, energy arrows, and the like. Before he became Aku he was just a shroud of pure evil and death, but they sensed his presence almost right after he fully formed.

When they killed him, the tiny piece left over caused the dinosaurs to go extinct. And while he was still just evil and had no sentience, Aku poisoned a large majority of the world with a forest of spikes. And would have basically encompassed the planet if not for Jack's dad. And keep in mind he could have done it faster, but he was just a being of evil who affected the things around him and wasn't actively trying to do more as he had no sentience at the time.

After Jack's dad accidentally gave him sentience, he nearly destroyed his entire kingdom in a few minutes.

Aku's also got pretty much massive elemental control, laser eyes, invulnerability, and even a sonic scream.

He's got a whole lot more to throw at Zeus than you'd think. And the only things in the show to hurt him are the 3 Gods and the sword forged by them.

XanatosForever
I'm not questioning his versatility, I'm making a claim that divine power is antethical to Aku's very being. Odin, Ra, and Vishnu were all the heads of their respective Pantheons. Zeus is as well. It stands to reason he should be capable of harming Aku. Knowing Aku, he probably would try taking on Zeus with his shapeshifting powers, but once he realizes that those lightning bolts hurt, he'll be more cagey in his power usage.

KingD19
Well the problem with the whole thing is that we never saw Aku fight back against the Gods. They only attacked his purest form that didn't do anything to them directly. It would have been great to see Aku duke it out with them at some point.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
the only things in the show to hurt him are the 3 Gods and the sword forged by them.

Then what about the Goddess of Water and the Elementals? IIRC, they kicked his ass when he tried to steal a magic jewel.

XanatosForever
They were keeping him from getting the jewel, yeah, but were they actually harming? He might have stopped trying himself just out of annoyance from not being able to get past them, not because they were beating him to death.

SevenShackles
Aku. Only the sword could harm him and when fighting a god I think he would put in the proper amount of effort to kick his ass. Aku was a beast.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
It took 3 of the most powerful Gods from different pantheons to hurt Aku. That wasn't Aku.

That was the massive primordial darkness that Aku was a tiny part of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.