Easter Break

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
How much time off have you people got for Easter?

Most workplaces take Friday and Monday off, but because most factory's work half days on Friday, we get Monday and Tuesday off instead.

Easter was always cool when I was young, mom and dad would hide our chocolate easter eggs all round the house and we'd have to find them. I can't wait to do that with my kids, but I'll add a twist to the game...should they fail to find the eggs within 30 minutes, they automatically become my eggs instead. big grin

mah
i've had easter break for a week. back to school on wednesday

GordonSkywalker
Is there any specific difference in Spring Break and Easter Break? I would really like to know!

BackFire349
easter break is politically incorrect. because not everyone celebrates easter. spring break is the pc way to say it.

rusky
This reminds me... there was a game called PIG a while ago.... can u guess what that stood for ?

Augeybana
true but only schools uses the term easter because just like christmas vacation the week off kids get off of school it falls on that holiday.When people think of spring break they think of college kids going to Cancun or something.

BackFire349
christmas break isnt even called that anymore, its called winter recess or winter break.

mah
we have christmas break and then the break we have in february is called winter break.

narcil
hmmm....well since we're in the middle of exams...i don't really consider it a break...n' i dunno what it's called. ^_^* easter break, i presume..

GordonSkywalker
I just was wondering because when I was a kid we got a week off and called it Easter Break. Now it's Spring Break but some schools get off for Good Friday and the Monday after Easter Sunday. It's just all so confusing for me to keep up with! confused

narcil
oh, we just get friday and monday off...

GordonSkywalker
I just figured that out after talking to a pal of mine whose wife is a teacher. So he would know.

Captain REX
I call it Easter Break or Spring break or whatever...

Speaking of Easter, my parents do this thing that was a traditional in their families. On my mom's side, the tradition was tons of candy on Easter. On my dad's side, the tradition was tons of presents. Luckily, my parents combined it for us. smile

I got candy (marshmallow and coconut and all sorts of gooey stuff), 4 Volcom shirts (it is practically all I wear...scary huh?), a new belt (Volcom btw), and the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for my GameCube.

My brother's throwing a fit because his new GameBoy Advanced game link thingy doesn't work with old Gameboy games and Gameboy Advanced games. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GordonSkywalker
Well my parents aren't around right now, but they did give me presents already. From my mom I got a copy of the movie Finding Forrestor(Sean Connery)and my dad gave me a model kit of a Klingon Bird of Prey from the film Star Trek:Generations. Happy Dance

Augeybana
I get educational stuff rather then candy.My mom gave me $25 gift certifacate to Barnes And Noble.My step father gave me A book called 12 Little Indians which is a good book.

GordonSkywalker
So what's the Easter weather like where you guys live? Mine is quite sunny. cool

Augeybana
Mines finally we just got out of winter and it's a beatiful sunny cool day thank God for the small things in life.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I hate the cold weather.

Augeybana
I like it but too much of something isn't good.

GordonSkywalker
Never is augey.

Augeybana
I'm glad I don't go to school or work this week.It's just a relaxing week for me.

GordonSkywalker
I hear that! I am expecting my dad to show up in about a half hour from now. I got to get out of this place! I have cabin fever right now!

Augeybana
Cool.

Raz
Hmmmmm.....chocolate...

Augeybana
I got a 2 feet tall chocolate bunny waiting for it's demise by the hands of me.HAHAHAHA...

Raz
EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT....

Augeybana
I feel bad for my colon.

Julie
There is no such thing as Easter break here at college:-(
but hey we get out in early may..

GordonSkywalker
Cool!

Julie
yes it will be nice.....I could get used to having lots of time off..

BackFire349
im done with college...because quite simply i dropped my class this semester. college aint for me right now.

Julie
wow...I don' t think I'd ever just drop out, but if it aint for you...then what shall you do now?

BackFire349
well im going back next semester.

Julie
good...good..in the mean time are you working or just hanging around...

BackFire349
a little of both.

Julie
that's cool......sure beats studying I bet....but I would encourage you to go back...like you said in the fall

BackFire349
yep, you pretty much have to in order to get a good job these days.

Captain REX
That's the stupid part...

Dexx
u have to have a college to get a job ...a decent job round here.
I'm on the easter break starting today..yay!

Captain REX
My Easter Break is ending at midnight tonight, which for me is in 28 minutes. I have school in the morning, dammit.

Member.
hm...easter break, my high scool don't give easter breakssad

GordonSkywalker
You don't know what you're missing man!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.