Dante (Devil May Cry series) Versus Solomon Grundy (DC Comics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever

Demon hunter versus supervillain zombie. Both combatans have basic knowledge of each other. Can the snarky white-hair bring down the man of the week?

ScreamPaste
Grundy has a really wide variance in his feats, Xan, makes calling it hard.

XanatosForever
Hey, you wanted comic characters, I'm giving you comic characters.

ScreamPaste
True, true. It wasn't a complaint, just a statement on Grundy's wiiiide variance. He has differing power level from appearance to appearance.

mmm

Charlotte DeBel
So, if it's classic Dante and non new "Ultimate" one, then the Hulk-like zombie with wide variety of feats at his average showing won't be of much problem to him.
He is MUCH faster than Grundy (Mach 4 at the best showing, plus Quicksilver for more) (of course, in the LOONG list of Grundy's appearances there should be a case or two of him catching the likes of Supes, Wonder Woman or Flash when they forgot they had superspeed, but PIS is PIS) and his weapons are more than able to hurt Grundy.
Durability (especially with Royal Guard in play) is also a factor. So no one hit knockout.

I give Dante 8/10 (leave two to PIS-ish victories that may be presented in the thread). In fact I'd love to have a good debate with someone who is a resident expert on Grundy...

BloodRain
8/10 for the same PIS reasons.

Though Dante is hypersonic, not supersonic.

Charlotte DeBel
I'm not a native speaker so I don't know the difference between two words. To me, >1 Mach=supersonic, be it Mach 2 or Mach 10. So sorry for my limited vocabulary - my first language is Russian.

BloodRain
Oh no I only meant that his speed is above Mach 4.

Charlotte DeBel
I gave the lowest estimate. Mach 7-8 is more accurate (even higher from the Mundus battle, dodging lightning bolts in flight etc). And I don't count Quicksilver which is a time manipulation and turns this into HORRIBLE PWNAGE (nothing says it's bannedwink.

BloodRain
Haha yeah QS cripples most characters that aren't already leagues above Dante's speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.