How important is it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
That you go to school in a state that ranks high in education? How much does that determine your success?

Astner
Originally posted by VG_Addict
That you go to school in a state that ranks high in education? How much does that determine your success?
Well without any connections I'd say that it's pretty important to at least get the job. With connections; it really doesn't matter.

VG_Addict
But I'm from Texas.

Scarlet Fox
But I'm from Texas.
Insert Laugh Track?

VG_Addict
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Insert Laugh Track?

What?

Dolos

Live the life you're happy living. Live the life you can do without sacrificing it for some false sense of importance.

Astner
Originally posted by Dolos
Live the life you're happy living. Live the life you can do without sacrificing it for some false sense of importance.
Don't listen to this guy, he's stupid.

Dolos
What?

Laugh tracks! They make everything funny!

sAHp5lv4RQo

VG_Addict
Laugh tracks! They make everything funny!

sAHp5lv4RQo

But am I ****ed?

Astner
But am I ****ed?
For studying in Texas? No. Not unless you're trying to get a job outside of Texas without any contacts.

Dolos
But am I ****ed?

If you have no mental disabilities, even if you tested a low IQ, intelligence and being successful in even a difficult school isn't based on genetics or even age.

It's a matter of accessing the brain's cognitive faculties and getting really good at things. It's a matter desire rather than birthright.

Tzeentch._
Listen to Dolos. He's read this shit on google man he knows what's up.

Astner
If you have no mental disabilities, even if you tested a low IQ, intelligence and being successful in even a difficult school isn't based on genetics or even age.
This is what Dolos has to convince himself of in front of the mirror every day after he wakes up. http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

Seriously though, I think you're a smart guy.

Tzeentch._
no he doesnt

VG_Addict
Originally posted by Astner
For studying in Texas? No. Not unless you're trying to get a job outside of Texas without any contacts.

So, I should have references from back in Texas if I try to get a job out of Texas?

Dolos
You'd be surprised.

The only difference between a child prodigy with an IQ above Einstein and a normal boy is perspective, and perception instilled from an early age. It's not some genetic thing they were born with, they've just tapped into certain parts of their psyche, and their brain does more than average and therefore is capable of more than average. Like typing and expression thought through the English language, all those technical skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are all tasks performed by the brain; if the brain does more, not just repeating the same old things mind you, but using bigger words, it's accessing a lot and the brain is doing more than more, a lot more, and it adapts, it becomes more efficient and limiting dimensions in it's cognitive processes are erased.

It's like an epiphany, a state of mind in which one creates all kinds of things, a work of art, an advanced mathematical problem previously unsolved but very clear to you, a symphony. You're accessing the most creative and powerful areas of the mind. Everything just seems to work, everything clicks and everything makes perfect sense.

Or maybe your homework seems extremely easy at the moment. It's a matter of stimulation, of arousal. A metaconscious experience is in fact a term known as hyperarousal I think.

Dolos
Nevermind, hyperarousal=/=metaconsciousness.

Point is, it's not like asians being smaller, or dark skinned people being better at sports on the olympic level. It's something we all could have, and it's more important than being stronger or faster or having bigger muscles or being better looking. It's the ultimate human element that has made the world a better place for all of us. Smart people tend to win more street fights as well, it's kinda like common sense, if the dude is stronger than you pick something up. Even in MMA smarter fighters figure out their opponents and win. That why Muhammad Ali was a legend and Mike Tyson was just a really strong fighter until he ruined his career by making poor decision outside the ring.

VG_Addict
But, I've heard companies up north won't even HIRE southerners.

Yurika
It may mean more job opportunities in the future. But whether you can make good use of these opportunities and succeed, it never depends on which university you graduate from.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.