Could Nintendo go third-party?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
I mean, the Wii U's not doing well, and they're selling it at a loss. Do you think this could cause Nintendo to drop out of the console race? And if yes, how will the industry be affected?

ScreamPaste
This generation hasn't started yet. The PS4 will do worse, and the Wii U will pick up. It's actually backwards compatible, has free, stable online, without hilarious DRM, and has a growing game line up with things like ZombiU, and Monster Hunter.

Kazenji
So the PS4 is going to do worse because it hasn't got backwards compatible?

i doubt it.

ScreamPaste
And because it's more expensive while attempting to once again copy Nintendo's hardware features. It'll suffer the same thing that happened to the PS3 early on, expensive, no game library, cheaper alternatives.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
And because it's more expensive while attempting to once again copy Nintendo's hardware features. It'll suffer the same thing that happened to the PS3 early on, expensive, no game library, cheaper alternatives.

More expensive

the price hasn't even been revealed for the console unless you've got a good source yourself

no game library.....launch titles? is that what you mean.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Kazenji
More expensive

the price hasn't even been revealed for the console unless you've got a good source yourself

no game library.....launch titles? is that what you mean. I'll admit I'm speculating on the price, but given what has been said about the PS4, and the way Sony operates, I don't doubt at all it will be the more expensive console. mmm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
So the PS4 is going to do worse because it hasn't got backwards compatible?

i doubt it. Yeah, I agree that makes no sense. I do foresee Nintendo going third party eventually.

VG_Addict
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yeah, I agree that makes no sense. I do foresee Nintendo going third party eventually.

So, you don't see them going third party after this gen, but maybe the gen after that?

Also, I can't see Sony NOT selling the PS4 at a loss.

quanchi112
Originally posted by VG_Addict
So, you don't see them going third party after this gen, but maybe the gen after that?

Also, I can't see Sony NOT selling the PS4 at a loss. I don't know when honestly. I myself selfishly would love to see the Nintendo franchises on the nicer systems.

ArtificialGlory
The PS4 is almost certainly going to be more expensive than the WiiU is. The hardware difference between the two is quite significant.

BackFire
It's way too soon to judge the WiiU. It could still end up being a good selling system. Lot of Nintendo systems don't get off to great starts but end up successes. They were never going to recapture the phenomenon of Wii.

Peach
Pretty much every system sells at a loss for the first part of it's lifespan.

Also, there's a thread for the next-gen consoles already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.