Satale Shan vs Nomi Sunrider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
These two feisty female Grandmasters duke it out on a boat.

hutchy1345
don't know much about nomi's feats. Satele brought a mountain down on malgus and easily punched through a blast door. She also has knowledge of shatterpoint which is helpful in any combat situation. Her lightsaber deflection skills with her bare hands are helpful if she gets disarmed. Overall i think Satele gets it but don't know much about nomi so if she is a beast or something please inform me!

Vensai
I have only seen feats from Satele so she should win. Unless Nomi Sunrider beat some Non-fodder I do not know about...

Q99
Originally posted by Vensai
I have only seen feats from Satele so she should win. Unless Nomi Sunrider beat some Non-fodder I do not know about...

She did cut Ulic Qel-Doma off from the force, and when the Jedi collectively created a wall of light to kill Exar Kun and destroy much of Yavin 4, she was the one channeling and directing the power.

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
She did cut Ulic Qel-Doma off from the force, and when the Jedi collectively created a wall of light to kill Exar Kun and destroy much of Yavin 4, she was the one channeling and directing the power.

I see. Still, Satele's feats against Darth Malgus are superior to Sunrider'scomat feats.

Nephthys
Nomi has perhaps the fastest learning rate of pretty much everyone. The second time she uses a lightsaber she is apparently using it like a master.

She also has by far the most advanced form of Battle Meditation, to the point where it resembles mind control more than mere influence. At one point she gestures at some soldiers and they start fighting each other immediately. At another she forces two Hssiss to fight. Both times the enemies were going after her before she dominated their minds.

She was able to invade the mind of Aleema Keto while she was conjuring an illusionary army, illusionary fleets and illusionary space grazers and force her to stop despite Keto being amped and, well, the scale of that feat speaks for itself. I'm pretty sure Aleema's illusions were powerful enough to actually affect and kill enemies, so the whole feat is pretty bonkers imo.

Lastly Nomi can block blaster bolts with her hand, possesses the Sever Force technique and the Wall of Light technique and was proficient enough with the latter to lead the attack on Exar Kun, out of thousands of Jedi inclusing her own Master, Thon.

Q99
Pretty much in a time when the Jedi and Sith were focused on weird high-powered force abilities, she was the best at it.

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
Pretty much in a time when the Jedi and Sith were focused on weird high-powered force abilities, she was the best at it.

Huh. Well, I'm not sure now. Nomi might be stronger in the force but Satele might be stronger in saber combat.

Q99
Not unlikely. There was less swordfighting in her era, and TOR was a fairly saber-heavy era.

Vensai
Environment and distance might decide this. If this is close then Satele's saber abilities could give her the win. If they start a good distance away from each other Nomi could bring her force powers to bear. Limited info on both of their limits makes this indefinite though.

Q99
I think I'd give the small edge to Satale because her energy absorption lets her defend well against many force powers, but it really could go either way.

Based
Kinda irrelevant but fun fact, Bastila was supposed to be Vima Sunrider but due to copyrights BioWare couldn't do it.

On topic I'd say Satele but it's close. I think those two are the top two female Jedi of all time.

Q99
Originally posted by Based
Kinda irrelevant but fun fact, Bastila was supposed to be Vima Sunrider but due to copyrights BioWare couldn't do it.

On topic I'd say Satele but it's close. I think those two are the top two female Jedi of all time.

Here's an obscure one for you since we're talking trivia- Grand Master Fae Coven.

We don't know a lot about her, save that she was the Grand Master before Yoda... and she was stronger in TK than Yoda.

There's a TK exercise in the Jedi temple where one tried to pick up as many multi-ton spheres at once and hold them there as they can. Yoda, once he was over 700 at least, could only do five. Fae, six.

Nephthys
Interesting thought Based. Do you rate them higher than Mara Jade or The Exile? Not that I disagree. Now that I think about it, there really aren't many uber female Jedi. erm

Though I'm holding out hope that they make the Hero of Tython canonically female, or at least an alien. If they make another generic white male human main character (in that the Jedi Knight is basically the 'main' plotline of the game) I think I'm gonna scream.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
Interesting thought Based. Do you rate them higher than Mara Jade or The Exile? Not that I disagree.

I do.

Oh yes, an alien! Or at least not-white.

I'm so with you.

I bet they're going to do the obvious and have the Hero be a male, the Consular be a female, the Sith Warrior a male... probably the only alien being the Imperial Agent, since there's some notable Chiss-specific options for them.

Based
Originally posted by Nephthys
Interesting thought Based. Do you rate them higher than Mara Jade or The Exile? Not that I disagree. Now that I think about it, there really aren't many uber female Jedi. erm

Though I'm holding out hope that they make the Hero of Tython canonically female, or at least an alien. If they make another generic white male human main character (in that the Jedi Knight is basically the 'main' plotline of the game) I think I'm gonna scream.

The Exile yes thanks largely in part to Karpyshyn making her weak. Mara Jade definitely can compete but the limited but impressive feats Nomi and Satele have are pretty badass. Such as force absorbing a lightsaber or cutting the force from Ulic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.