Power vs Technique

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
In an extreme test, a fishing contest, which will prevail?

The Fishermen: Captain America, Lobo, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor

The Fish: Tiger Shark, Attuma, Namor, Nerkkod

Stipulations: Fish is already on the line and trying to escape.
Fishermen are using a reel constructed of primary adamantium, spooled with a secondary adamantium wire, the width of piano wire.
Rod is a standard marlin rod, blessed by Odin to not break until the force necessary to break a secondary adamantium rod 1/2 inch thick has been exerted on the rod.
Fishermen are harnessed into a boat, also enchanted by Odin and is not going anywhere.
Boat is in the open ocean.
Healing factors are turned off for all fishermen that have them, all fishermen fatigue at the same rate they would when normally would without any artificial help.
Fish are all fully powered, have a primary adamantium hook lodged in their throats, blood lusted, and doing everything on their power to break free.
24 hr time limit for each fisherman.
Who catches the most fish?

Remember, this isn't a strength contest it is a fishing contest. Fishermen lacking super strength can compensate the same way sport fishermen compensate when fishing for much stronger fish. Pressure exerted by fisherman on the rod, either by leverage, tension, or strength are factored, just like in real fishing.

Damborgson
http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/thread-again-jpg.36812/

armedforbattle
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/adf/5ed/675/resized/dat-thread-meme-generator-ah-dat-thread-b04345.jpg

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Brockalizer

The Fishermen: Batman

Fish: Namor

Remember, this isn't a strength contest it is a fishing contest. Fishermen lacking super strength can compensate the same way sport fishermen compensate when fishing for much stronger fish. Pressure exerted by fisherman on the rod, either by leverage, tension, or strength are factored, just like in real fishing.

Well I'm telling you right now either Batman is getting ripped out of the boat or his arms are getting ripped out of there sockets.
Power wins.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Well I'm telling you right now either Batman is getting ripped out of the boat or his arms are getting ripped out of there sockets.
Power wins. Batman is harnessed in and the boat ain't going anywhere, I intentionally did that to compensate for his lack of strength and to prevent exactly what you just said. He still has the ability to tighten the drag and force the fishies to tire themselves out.

armedforbattle
If Namor swims straight down as fast as he can batman is gonna have some f**led up arms. That's what I am getting at

Brockalizer
Originally posted by armedforbattle
If Namor swims straight down as fast as he can batman is gonna have some f**led up arms. That's what I am getting at Actually fishing harnesses have clip and a holder built into them to prevent very large fish from doing exactly that, but I understand what you're getting at.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.