Jedi/Sith Vs. Blade Masters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Jedi and Sith Lords are often regarded as the best blade masters. But how well do they really fare in the Cinematic Universe when their opponents are armed with indestructible Katanas.

Jedi/Sith (PT, Animated Film)

http://i49.tinypic.com/302wchf.jpg

1. Yoda
2. Count Dooku
3. Obi Wan Kenobi
4. Darth Maul
5. Anakin Skywalker
6. Darth Sidious

World Elite

http://i46.tinypic.com/2eclvub.jpg

1. Snake Eyes (Pistol)
2. Storm Shadow (Dual Katanas, Shurikens)
3. Ninja Assassin (Shurikens, Shadow Blending)
4. Achilles (Indestructible Shield)
5. Blade (No speed in Scenario 1)
6. Neo (No special abilities in Scenario 1)

Scenario 1 - No offensive force powers. No other equipment/powers other than light saber/indestructible katana and skill.

Scenario 2- Standard powers/Equipment in play for both teams.

PIS/CIS is off. All characters will use everything in their disposal to it's maximum capabilities.

FrothByte
Well, light sabers by default have an edge over katanas even if said katanas are indestructible... simply because all you need do is tap an opponent with a light saber and it cuts through, whereas you'll need to apply more force with a blade to achieve same results.

But let's say that they all were using similar swords. The Jedi's still have the advantage due to battle precog. But let's say battle precog and any special powers are turned off and this is merely by skill (since the jedi's athleticism is also heightened by their control of the force)... Then... uh... I'll need to seriously think this over.

Just a few points I'd like to put out there while I'm thinking:

- Yoda has around 900 years fighting experience, and Darth Sidious is probably near the same mark.
- Neo has been programmed with just about every fighting art known to man
- Darth Maul and Snake Eyes have the same move list
- Achilles has no experience in using the katana... but he is the only one with shown experience in using a shield which gives him a huge tactical advantage over purely sword wielding opponents.
- Are we talking about Anakin just before he became Darth Vader?
- If they are allowed to use special abilities in Scenario 2, Neo solos.
- It's pretty hard to judge just how good the jedis were in pure skill since their strength, speed, and athleticism were all amped by their control of the force. If you remove that, then I'm not sure if they can pull off half the maneuvers they usually do.

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well, light sabers by default have an edge over katanas even if said katanas are indestructible... simply because all you need do is tap an opponent with a light saber and it cuts through, whereas you'll need to apply more force with a blade to achieve same results.

But let's say that they all were using similar swords. The Jedi's still have the advantage due to battle precog. But let's say battle precog and any special powers are turned off and this is merely by skill (since the jedi's athleticism is also heightened by their control of the force)... Then... uh... I'll need to seriously think this over.

Just a few points I'd like to put out there while I'm thinking:

- Yoda has around 900 years fighting experience, and Darth Sidious is probably near the same mark.
- Neo has been programmed with just about every fighting art known to man
- Darth Maul and Snake Eyes have the same move list
- Achilles has no experience in using the katana... but he is the only one with shown experience in using a shield which gives him a huge tactical advantage over purely sword wielding opponents.
- Are we talking about Anakin just before he became Darth Vader?
- If they are allowed to use special abilities in Scenario 2, Neo solos.
- It's pretty hard to judge just how good the jedis were in pure skill since their strength, speed, and athleticism were all amped by their control of the force. If you remove that, then I doubt they can do half the maneuvers they usually pull off. Which would then put them at the mercy of the real world ninjas.

Very good points.

* Yes the swords are meant to be similar. They will both cut through easily.

* Haven't thought about battle precog. I guess I should allow it because we've never seen them without it. I don't think it's that big of an advantage.

* Jedi/Sith are augmented by the Force, but no offensive powers. Otherwise I would imagine Sidious would just turn into a frail old man.

* Good pick on on Maul and Snake Eyes, but their feats are very different. Snake Eyes is far more skilled overall (not blades in particular).

* Anakin up to the point where Obi Wan diced him.

* Why do you think Neo solos? One slice and he is still mince. He probably would be susceptible to force lightning aswell.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
Very good points.

* Yes the swords are meant to be similar. They will both cut through easily.

* Haven't thought about battle precog. I guess I should allow it because we've never seen them without it. I don't think it's that big of an advantage.

* Jedi/Sith are augmented by the Force, but no offensive powers. Otherwise I would imagine Sidious would just turn into a frail old man.

* Good pick on on Maul and Snake Eyes, but their feats are very different. Snake Eyes is far more skilled overall (not blades in particular).

* Anakin up to the point where Obi Wan diced him.

* Why do you think Neo solos? One slice and he is still mince. He probably would be susceptible to force lightning aswell.

Well as for Neo... I was considering him having all his powers from the Matrix, in which he is able to block an axe (or was it a sword) with his bare hand. And he can fly. And can stop bullets. And is fast enough to dodge bullets so he shouldn't have problems with force lightning. They can probably catch him in a force choke hold though, unless he speed blitzes them.

KingD19
Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes are also legit bullet timers, shown in the new GI Joe trailer where Storm Shadow pulls a Deadpool and slices a bullet in half.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes are also legit bullet timers, shown in the new GI Joe trailer where Storm Shadow pulls a Deadpool and slices a bullet in half.

The thing about those is that while they are good at timing, they don't have superspeed. Also, the bullet is actually moving reaaaaalllly slow.

I'm going with Team 2 for now. I thought the SW peeps would be all over this.

KingD19
The thing about those is that while they are good at timing, they don't have superspeed. Also, the bullet is actually moving reaaaaalllly slow.

I'm going with Team 2 for now. I thought the SW peeps would be all over this.

You mean moving slow in his perception? Because it looked to me that he saw the bullet moving slow, and cut it, and once it was past him, time sped back up. The exact same scene that Deadpool pulled off.

And Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow have dueled from what I remember faster than most of the Jedi/Sith team.

Placidity
You mean moving slow in his perception? Because it looked to me that he saw the bullet moving slow, and cut it, and once it was past him, time sped back up. The exact same scene that Deadpool pulled off.

Slow in perception yes, but the bullet is also moving unrealistically slow in reference to everything else UNLESS the character is actually moving with legitimate superspeed - But that's not the impression I get, to me it just looks like the character can see the bullet and slices it with normal speed, which is impossible.

Robtard
If CIS/PIS is turned off, then the Force users can definitely use their Force-speed to blitz and win almost every time.

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard
If CIS/PIS is turned off, then the Force users can definitely use their Force-speed to blitz and win almost every time.

Man Lucas is a real *** isn't he. He put that ONE force speed moment in TPM and then acted like it never happened. I really don't know about this one, we've never seen them use it in combat - can they fight at superspeed, or just run real fast?

There are a few legit speedsters on other team too.

Robtard
Man Lucas is a real *** isn't he. He put that ONE force speed moment in TPM and then acted like it never happened. I really don't know about this one, we've never seen them use it in combat - can they fight at superspeed, or just run real fast?

There are a few legit speedsters on other team too.

Jedi need to fight like morons in the films, or there's no story.

Can't see why they just couldn't run by someone at blurring speeds while they happen to have the sabre out and lit.

Placidity

Can't see why they just couldn't run by someone at blurring speeds while they happen to have the sabre out and lit.

Yea yea, mindset told me to say it.

Robtard
Stop listening to that guy.

KingD19
I used to do that in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy on my xbox. Zoom around at 500% speed and just hack at everything.

Ascendancy
Jedi need to fight like morons in the films, or there's no story.

Made no sense that they sped away from the Droidikas, but Obi Wan couldn't get his slow ass across the bridge or through the shields in time to back up Qui Gon.

Placidity
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Made no sense that they sped away from the Droidikas, but Obi Wan couldn't get his slow ass across the bridge or through the shields in time to back up Qui Gon.

t3dI-ghYimg

Placidity
I used to do that in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy on my xbox. Zoom around at 500% speed and just hack at everything.

Loved that game!

quanchi112
If CIS/PIS is turned off, then the Force users can definitely use their Force-speed to blitz and win almost every time. laughing out loud Fanboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.