Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
Guile
Bison
Ryu
Ken
Chung Li
Balrog
E. Honda
Zangief
Vega w/ claw
Sagat

vs

Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Sub Zero
Scorpion
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Reptile
Jax w/o metal arms
Kitana w/ fans
Kano

No powers to avoid spite against SF. Who wins?

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
Guile
Bison
Ryu
Ken
Chung Li
Balrog
E. Honda
Zangief
Vega w/ claw
Sagat

vs

Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Sub Zero
Scorpion
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Reptile
Jax w/o metal arms
Kitana w/ fans
Kano

No powers to avoid spite against SF. Who wins?

Well obviously with powers MK wins. But without them... hmmm. What versions are we using? Movie versions? Coz you know the Street Fighter movie sucked big time compare to the MK movie. MK movie versions beat the crap out of Van Damme and the rest of his SF movie versions.

Including games and cartoon movies though... SF do have more physical oriented moves. Like, Ryu's, ken's and Sagat's uppercuts are way stronger than any in the MK roster. Chun Li's kicks are faster than any attack MK has.

In fact now that I think about it, making this as a purely physical match favors the SF team heavily. Making it a fight with powers favors the MK team heavily.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FrothByte
. What versions are we using? Movie versions?

THIS!!

also which movie for Street Fighter.

juggerman
Sorry. Van Damme movie vs Robin Shou movies

The Fat Rambo
MK.

Placidity
Bison can't be killed.

The Fat Rambo
Sure about that?

juggerman
Originally posted by Placidity
Bison can't be killed.

Bison was killed twice. But for this thread he does not have the internal defibrillator and cannot fly and shoot lightning as that would be considered "powers" imo.

Placidity
Bison was killed twice. But for this thread he does not have the internal defibrillator and cannot fly and shoot lightning as that would be considered "powers" imo.

He was not killed twice in Street Fighter (1994), the film in discussion.

But I will rephrase what I said. He cannot be killed permanently (so it depends on how you define death). He is actually the Anti-Christ in the film.

Placidity
Also, I believe Scorpion is immortal too.

FrothByte
Also, I believe Scorpion is immortal too.

Well if the thread is without powers, then I guess we can assume that both Bison and Scorpion can die from normal causes... in which case Bison is screwed as he never portrayed decent h2h skill.

Come to think of it, basing off purely on their respective movies, the Street Fighter team gets annihilated. The MK team had some very good martial artists: Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Reptile....

on the other hand, only Guile and Vega showed decent MA skill on the SF team. At least as far as I can remember.

the ninjak
MKers were superhuman, the SFers were just normal cept Ryu who had a haduken moment.

Ascendancy
The MK crew takes this easily.

juggerman
He was not killed twice in Street Fighter (1994), the film in discussion.

But I will rephrase what I said. He cannot be killed permanently (so it depends on how you define death). He is actually the Anti-Christ in the film.

He was beaten by Guile and shocked. His heart stopped = death number 1. Was it perminate? No cuz he was resuscitated. Then Guile kicked him into an explosion = death number 2.

I figured the MK team would win but i didn't think it was such a landslide

Placidity
Then Guile kicked him into an explosion = death number 2.

No he didn't.

Much to learn, you have.

9.00 - 9.58

K9DVZO0b4Qk

You can't kill the Anti-Christ. Don't worry though, I doubt many people knew about this.

juggerman
I can't watch it now cuz I'm at work. If you can just give me the quick and ugly version of the clip it would greatly appreciated. If not I'll watch it once I'm off.

the ninjak
He survives the 2nd KO once the base received power reserves via solar power and no doubt resuscitates him again.

It doesn't mean that he's unkillable though. But an interesting point.

juggerman
Originally posted by the ninjak
He survives the 2nd KO once the base received power reserves via solar power and no doubt resuscitates him again.

It doesn't mean that he's unkillable though. But an interesting point.

Very interesting... Tho he is certainly knock outable.

FrothByte
No he didn't.

Much to learn, you have.

9.00 - 9.58

K9DVZO0b4Qk

You can't kill the Anti-Christ. Don't worry though, I doubt many people knew about this.

Was that some sort of special edition? Because I can't remember ever seeing that last part while watching the movie as a kid.

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte
Was that some sort of special edition? Because I can't remember ever seeing that last part while watching the movie as a kid.

No, it's a post-credits scene. I loved the movie so much as a kid I even watched those lol, that's how I found out.

FrothByte
No, it's a post-credits scene. I loved the movie so much as a kid I even watched those lol, that's how I found out.

Damn, to think of how many times I watched that movie as a kid and not once did I ever wait for the post credits scene. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.