What can Thanos do with a GL Ring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

remigio_coldez
Senario:

3 Unknown Lantern came to cross path with Thanos, he defeats one and see the ring ran off as the Lantern dies. He became interested and captured the remaining 2.

Thanos, being Thanos, subdued the 2 rings and and learned their power source and how to manipulate it.

With 2 ring equipped, he decided to invade the Central Battery.

Thanos has 2 weeks prep.

Can the LANTERNS defend their own?

PS. CURRENT LANTERNS AND GUARDIANS.

armedforbattle
He has good willpower, but he isn't gonna do to well invading Oa

remigio_coldez
He has in his possession 2 rings, would it guaranty him safe passage or does OA have security feature against this kind of intrusion?

I would not think that Thanos would be stupid enough to challenge a horde of GL's head-on?

Maybe with IG, yes.

Mindset
He can make one or two simple constructs maybe.

The stress of doing so will probably kill him.

Branlor Swift
If it can make some loser like "Save Me Superman" Kyle able to live against Major Force, then Thanos would be an abstract level with it.

abhilegend
Nothing.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nothing.

He can do alot with them more so given time but yeah your right he is doing NOTHING to Oa/central power battery.

Lord Feron
He would reprogram the rings and make him a protector of the sector whatever the ****. Then get in blow up the battery some how and then kill off any fools who are still left standing.

Or he would some how infect the battery and have his own army of GL under his control.

There are many things he can do really...

edit: take the battery power for himself and wipe the floor with everyone...

pym-ftw
Couldn't thanos use the rings to find out about the GL corp weakness

Estacado
He can pull it on his weener...biscuits

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nothing. thumb up

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw

?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Like asking the ring for all vital information on the Corp and the central power battery/Oa's defenses to get a better tactical advantage?

Sin I AM
thats a downgrade for thanos

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thats a downgrade for thanos sometimes I just want to finger your butt

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
sometimes I just want to finger your butt

She'd probably return the favour.

Branlor Swift
Circle of butt fingering

Like the circle of life but smellier

Mindset
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
sometimes I just want to finger your butt Originally posted by -Pr-
She'd probably return the favour. Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Circle of butt fingering

Like the circle of life but smellier http://24.media.tumblr.com/4288226b9e3c5fc7671c706f4c1cc773/tumblr_mh2m97CG1I1rz2nelo1_250.gif

remigio_coldez
He can and did master such artifacts (if you could call them artifacts) as IG and HOTU, it can be deducted that he can use the rings to its fullest, beside, he has seen Quasar and CAP. Mar-Vel use their powers who are similar to the rings (I will not ask who is more powerful).

Please keep everything in context.

SamZED
He can **** it.

remigio_coldez
One question, are GL rings POWER BOOSTERS or thus it give you a specific amount of ability.

If HAL feats, a mere human can perform all that, imagine what it can do to THANOS.

Mindset
No.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Mindset
No.

Why?

remigio_coldez
If Thanos drain the entire Central Battery, could he beat Specter?

googol
Originally posted by remigio_coldez
One question, are GL rings POWER BOOSTERS or thus it give you a specific amount of ability.

If HAL feats, a mere human can perform all that, imagine what it can do to THANOS. they have a limit, they can turn a normal human into a herald level dude, but if you are already a heral level it will boost your stats as much, will give you more versatility if you dont have much of it.

Batman-Prime
What can Thanos do with a GL Ring?

What he always does in the end. Fail.

juggerman
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

laughing

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

He fail after he accomplish what he wants because of CIS, CIS off, we have a villain of OMNIVERSAL proportion.

remigio_coldez
Forget that, he is one already

Mindset
Why? Because that's not how they work.

remigio_coldez
Because that's not how they work.

Ok, so how do the rings work? I have to admit that my knowledge of the GL's are limited.

Mindset
Powers are pretty much dependent on willpower, creativity, etc.

GL Yat would be beaten by top tier GL's, for instance, even though he is a superman level character and they are human.

remigio_coldez
Powers are pretty much dependent on willpower, creativity, etc.

GL Yat would be beaten by top tier GL's, for instance, even though he is a superman level character and they are human.

If that is so, Thanos once held the IG, vastly more powerful than the GL ring but operate on the same essence and Thanos mastered it.

ColossusGrundy
GL rings are fueled, activated, and controlled by willpower.

I see nothing on Thanos that makes me think he has any type of extraordinary will, in fact.. when his plans go awry (as they always do), he pretty much either turns to a bag of tricks or folds (not that it's easy, but he does when he starts to lose).

He would probably strain to make a punching bag and throw the thing away, honestly.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
GL rings are fueled, activated, and controlled by willpower.

I see nothing on Thanos that makes me think he has any type of extraordinary will, in fact.. when his plans go awry (as they always do), he pretty much either turns to a bag of tricks or folds (not that it's easy, but he does when he starts to lose).

He would probably strain to make a punching bag and throw the thing away, honestly.

I don't know about that, but if collecting the GEMS and Stalking Mistress Death to death does not require will power, I don't know what what will.

ColossusGrundy
I don't know about that, but if collecting the GEMS and Stalking Mistress Death to death does not require will power, I don't know what what will.

Stalking does not equal willpower. Lots of obsessed characters with no will. If anything, an obsession would be a crutch for someone without willpower. Not trying to get all psychological, lol

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Stalking does not equal willpower. Lots of obsessed characters with no will. If anything, an obsession would be a crutch for someone without willpower. Not trying to get all psychological, lol

Granting that your argument is correct, there are varieties of rings out there, if green is not for him, which one should he get?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.