The new Pope doesn't like Gay marriage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anthony Stark
he may have also been involved in some shit in Argentina.....

Is he less dodgy than the last Pope?

Archaeopteryx
Originally posted by Anthony Stark
he may have also been involved in some shit in Argentina.....

Is he less dodgy than the last Pope?

Who cares? He's the Pope, the bible forbids homosexuality. This should be in the religion forum.

Polar Films
Ofcourse he dosent like gay marriage. Its forbidden, and should not be allowed in any church anywhere. Simple.

focus4chumps
maybe god will bless us by giving giving him an inoperable brain tumor.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
Who cares? He's the Pope, the bible forbids homosexuality. This should be in the religion forum.

Does that mean all the priests who shag alter boys will go to hell?

Robtard
Dude's gonna get around 100-200 million a year as personal spending money. Baller.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by Robtard
Dude's gonna get around 100-200 million a year as personal spending money. Baller. What does he have to spend it on? World peace or the poor would be Christian.....

ArtificialGlory
What made anyone think this one would be different? He's a poncy shithead, just like the rest of them.

Robtard
What does he have to spend it on? World peace or the poor would be Christian.....

Good question. His clothes, food, living, travelling and medical expenses are covered by the church. But I believe it's "charitable works" though, where he spends his allowance.

Anthony Stark
Good question. His clothes, food, living, travelling and medical expenses are covered by the church. But I believe it's "charitable works" though, where he spends his allowance.

Are you seriously telling me - he pays for his clothes, room, board and doesn't get a medical plan as Pope? Shit, he needs to renegotiate.

Robtard
Are you seriously telling me - he pays for his clothes, room, board and doesn't get a medical plan as Pope? Shit, he needs to renegotiate.

No, I told you the exact opposite. All his daily needs are covered by the church, he pays for nothing.

Anthony Stark
No, I told you the exact opposite. All his daily needs are covered by the church, he pays for nothing. All his daily needs? Does that include... you know? ;-)

Robtard
Use of the toilet? Yes, the Pope shits for free.

Archaeopteryx
Does that mean all the priests who shag alter boys will go to hell?

I don't believe in hell, or religion period. Just saying as a leader of a religion who's holy book forbids homosexuality it's understandable, AND OK, for him to have that position.

To me the gay marriage thing is a non issue. My view on marriage is that if someone wants to considered themselves married fine. If they want their religion to view them as married then that's fine too. But there should be no such thing as a marriage license....for anyone, straight, gay, or otherwise. The government simply shouldn't get involved in this issue.

Besides, I think we have a lot more serious and pressing issues to deal with as a society.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
I don't believe in hell, or religion period. Just saying as a leader of a religion who's holy book forbids homosexuality it's understandable, AND OK, for him to have that position.

To me the gay marriage thing is a non issue. My view on marriage is that if someone wants to considered themselves married fine. If they want their religion to view them as married then that's fine too. But there should be no such thing as a marriage license....for anyone, straight, gay, or otherwise. The government simply shouldn't get involved in this issue.

Besides, I think we have a lot more serious and pressing issues to deal with as a society.

The Church are not the Government...

Archaeopteryx
The Church are not the Government...

What does that have to do with the Pope? He is enforcing the views of his religion, even if the modern media deems that politically incorrect.

siriuswriter
Since it was such a fast vote people who know what they're talking about say that Francesco will be just like his predecessor. Which would make his choosing the name of Francis entirely inapppropriate.

The world will have to live with his choices - after all, over 1/6 of us are Catholic.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Since it was such a fast vote people who know what they're talking about say that Francesco will be just like his predecessor.

Hmmmm was he in the SS as well?

Oliver North
I for one am shocked and appalled

Anthony Stark
Oh dear, I guess he's not.....

http://thebrokenelbow.com/2013/03/13/a-subpoena-for-pope-francis/

Lord Lucien
The Church are not the Government... They are in the Vatican.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Since it was such a fast vote people who know what they're talking about say that Francesco will be just like his predecessor. Which would make his choosing the name of Francis entirely inapppropriate.

What makes Francis especially inappropriate, though? All Popes are surrounded by splendor so they seem equally far from the "no earthly possessions" type. Pope Francis says he chose the name because of St Francis's dedication to the poor, which is legitimately an important thing about St Francis. As a pragmatist I'd rather have a Pope in a thousand dollar robes fighting poverty than a Pope who just wants to run around in a burlap habit.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
They are in the Vatican.

Yes, in that almost one fifth of a square mile his word is law.

Dolos
The **** cares what some superstitious old rich man believes?

----
http://anygif.org/galleries/Movies_and_TV/201303139444642_Pwned.gif

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Dolos
The **** cares what some superstitious old rich man believes?

One billion Catholics and six billion people sharing a planet with them?

Dolos
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
One billion Catholics and six billion people sharing a planet with them?

I know.

It's a ****ed up situation.

God does not control my life. I am the master of my fate.

----

Supra
Dude's gonna get around 100-200 million a year as personal spending money. Baller.

From my understanding the pope earns no money.

Dolos
Originally posted by Supra

Your understanding of the matter is very limited then.

stick out tongue

----

Supra
Im pretty sure he does not take a salary. He spends little if no money for personal gains and its obviously his last job cause its to the grave.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=15948

Lord Lucien
The Pope earns no salary.

Dolos
If the Popes sees something he likes, they'll buy it for him.

That's not a salary, that's a Senior citizen whose grandchildren are worth billions.

---

Supra
I cant quote you without you image going into the quote..lol

Symmetric Chaos

He does not earn any money in the traditional sense, no, but between dividends that the Vatican earns on its investments and donations to Rome by Catholics around the world (the Peter Penance) the Pope is believed to have more than $100 million at his personal discretion in any given year. The Vatican doesn't disclose what is done with the money but at least some of it is sent to charities.

Dolos
I cant quote you without you image going into the quote..lol

The admin needs to spend some money on expanding the bandwidth so we can have signatures like that, so crazies like me don't add them in every post obsessively. 50 kb!? Has the admin ever upped it? Or is it set in stone. If so I'm okay just posting 2.6 mb sigs like this.

---

Supra
Is it in your signature or are you posting that every time you make a post, cause when someone quotes me my signature does not go into the quote

Dolos
Is it in your signature or are you posting that every time you make a post, cause when someone quotes me my signature does not go into the quote

Come on, show some analytic comprehension. I said so crazies like me don't keep putting the sigs in my posts. Crazy inferring abnormal...and sigs are normal here. Plus if I literally state 2.6 megabytes and at the same time state in plain text that the limit for actual sigs is 50 kilobytes - then what do you think I'm doing?

---

Supra
He does not earn any money in the traditional sense, no, but between dividends that the Vatican earns on its investments and donations to Rome by Catholics around the world (the Peter Penance) the Pope is believed to have more than $100 million at his personal discretion in any given year. The Vatican doesn't disclose what is done with the money but at least some of it is sent to charities.

Still case in point, he earn no salary. He has no family or heirs, wife or kids. Everything resides within the church.

Supra
Originally posted by Dolos
Come on, show some analytic comprehension. I said so crazies like me don't keep putting the sigs in my posts. Crazy inferring abnormal...and sigs are normal here. Plus if I literally state 2.6 megabytes and at the same time state in plain text that the limit for actual sigs is 50 kilobytes - then what do you think I'm doing?

---

Yes lets argue about signatures and megabytes

Dolos
Still case in point, he earn no salary. He has no family or heirs, wife or kids. Everything resides within the church.

Case in point. Was that whole side questioning some sort of illogical argumentation to the actual topic of discussion???

Confused people make me confused.

His salary exists as a desired portion of the Church's salary if he has demands, given his demands are within reason, beyond that a fraction of the Big Catholic Church's salary is for him and his family. So it depends on what you deem to be a salary...the argument is a matter of opinion, but the fact that he is compensated for his work is factual. He is compensated quite a bit, in my mind he is rich for being the head of a cult - free to judge homosexuality and other non-harmful qualities, like ethnicity, gender roles, Et Cetra.

dadudemon
The level of OCD required, to post a sig in every post because your desired sig is too big to fit into the actual forum signature space, is significant.

I don't think you can get into trouble for that as it does not constitute spamming: it is supposed to function as you signature.

ares834
He spends little if no money for personal gains and its obviously his last job cause its to the grave.

Ummm.... No.

You do realize the last Pope retired, yes?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
Ummm.... No.

You do realize the last Pope retired, yes? No, it was just a Paul McCartney switcheroo.

Supra
Originally posted by ares834
Ummm.... No.

You do realize the last Pope retired, yes?

Yes but a majority of pope's die while still holding the office.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The Pope earns no salary.

Correct. He is allotted large sums of money which he can spend at his discretion though.

Astner
Yes but a majority of pope's die while still holding the office.
All of them, up until this point.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Astner
All of them, up until this point.

That's incorrect.

Astner
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's incorrect.
I thought this current guy was the first to resign.

Bardock42
There've been a couple. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_resignation

Symmetric Chaos
There've been a couple. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_resignation

Celestine V has absolutely the best justification for resignation.

TheGodKiller
The Pope can go suck a dick.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The Pope can go suck a dick. Ha! I get it! Cuz they're celibate, and hate gayness, but they like little boys.

I got that one! That's funny.
http://www.garage208.com/forum/images/smilies/trollface.png

TheGodKiller
The Pope can go suck a cock. As can you. sneer

dadudemon
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The Pope can go suck a cock. As can you. sneer

Who's a little rebel? You are!

jinXed by JaNx
i like how everyone is so concerned about what the pope does with his money. it's also funny that most of these said people hate catholics and do nothing but shat hate towards them. All that energy might be better spent towards figuring out what big bama is doing with all his money and power.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i like how everyone is so concerned about what the pope does with his money. it's also funny that most of these said people hate catholics and do nothing but shat hate towards them. All that energy might be better spent towards figuring out what big bama is doing with all his money and power.

I don't hat Catholics, I do think religion is a mental illness though; however, I know some lovely religious people and some lovely Catholics. I take your point about Obama and we know most Politicians are corrupt.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

We can do both but since most of the budget of the US government is available publicly and the Vatican does not disclose what the Pope does with his money it seems to make sense to put more money into seeing what the Pope does. Besides I doubt the Pope is engaged in espionage so he ought to have only benefits to reap from revealing where his money goes.

Anthony Stark

I doubt the Pope is engaged in espionage so he ought to have only benefits to reap from revealing where his money goes.

Have you not read any DAN BROWN? That said, I haven't either, I have read the complete works of visionary poet William Blake.

Omega Vision
Have you not read any DAN BROWN? That said, I haven't either, I have read the complete works of visionary poet William Blake.
Dan Brown should never be in the same sentence as a poet like William Blake unless you also include the words "sucks" and "compared" and "to."

Bardock42
William Blake sucks, especially when compared to Dan Brown.

Omega Vision
William Blake sucks, especially when compared to Dan Brown.
You suck, you honkey dago kraut.

Darth Jello
I love the patriarchal Catholic leadership's logic. "Hey, we're getting shit for all the financial corruption and child ****ery that electing an aloof former Hitler youth didn't fix. Oh hey, I know, let's get some supposedly humble gay hating psychopath from Argentina who arranged the murder of his religious and political enemies during the Dirty War and then blocked investigations!!!"
Biggest scam since they turned that ***** Mother Teresa into a symbol of compassion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.