What Character would make the best difference?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If we were to switch two people from Marvel to DC, who would perform better (from DC to Marvel)? Example...switching Wolverine with Batman and Batman with Wolverine but each would have to take on the role as the other. If one is a Villain and the other is a hero, the person that is switched would take over the other person role as a villain vs hero. There isn't any changes made towards the characters minus their role in the universe.

Contestants.

Superman and Surfer
Thor and Black Adam
Wolverine and Deathstroke
Flash and Hulk
Spiderman and Beast Boy
Odin and Shazam
Spectre and Galactus
Kyle (ring stay fully charge..always) and Beta Ray Bill

pym-ftw
Pym & Wonder Women

Both turned into villains

-Pr-
Why choose Superman and Surfer? Superman would die rather than work for Galactus...

Mindship
Originally posted by carver9
If we were to switch two people from Marvel to DC, who would perform better (from DC to Marvel)? Example...switching Wolverine with Batman and Batman with Wolverine but each would have to take on the role as the other. If one is a Villain and the other is a hero, the person that is switched would take over the other person role as a villain vs hero. There isn't any changes made towards the characters minus their role in the universe.
First impression: Superman and Surfer.

One of the things that really impressed me about the JLA/Avengers crossover was how each universe regarded their superbeings. DC saw them as positive and, well, heroic (I would imagine, largely due to Superman's aura), while Marvel's Earth often saw their superbeings with suspicion, if not outright fear and hatred.

Superman could have a tremendous influence on the Marvel universe in terms of helping them to see superbeings more favorably. Once other heroes joined him (eg, Captain America), the effect could snowball.

The Surfer could finally be on an Earth that would actually like him (and he seemed to much appreciate being appreciated, based on the Superman/Silver Surfer crossover). He could be motivated to be much more involved in human affairs, helping where he can (and with his powerset, the possibilities are endless).

Originally posted by -Pr-
Why choose Superman and Surfer? Superman would die rather than work for Galactus... Apparently, my default version when thinking of Surfer is 'former herald'.

what is more likely is that superman would only generate all that much more paranoia, if he operated on earth.

neither would do well in the other's shoes

SevenShackles
Odin switching places with the wizard shazam? That would be hilarious. Poor poor Billy.

ColossusGrundy
Galactus and Spectre...

Spectre in the Marvel U would be bestial. I don't see the FF turning him away, prep or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.