ROTJ Darth Vader vs Darth Maul and Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vensai
Setting: Death Star (Force Unleashed 1)
Restrictions: Maul uses one saber unless Opress goes down first

I'm interested in what people think of Darth Vader's strength after the prequels. How does he fare against the Maul Brothers?

DARTH POWER
Vader can win via his far far superior Force powers.

But I'd give the majority to the Brothers. They will just overwhelm him in Sabers.

Maul alone is superior to Vader in a pure Saber match Imho.

NewGuy01
I agree the brothers win. HOWEVER--I think Vader vs Maul in sabers is practically even.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Vader can win via his far far superior Force powers.

But I'd give the majority to the Brothers. They will just overwhelm him in Sabers.
I don't think his force powers are that superior to Maul's honestly. Maul has tooled Kenobi, ripped shuttles from their landed position.

I doubt it. Vader~Old Kenobi>Maul imo

Galan007
Vader is vastly superior to either of the brothers with the force, as he force-choked Xizor from halfway across the galaxy.

The bros tool him in sabers, though.

NTJack0
They're too quick for him in a duel, but he stomps them with the force.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda

Vader~Old Kenobi>Maul imo

I thought it was a pretty agreed up on thing that Old Ben was no where near the duelist that ROTS Kenobi was.

I personally don't see Vader doing as well against Sidious in Sabers as Maul did. Even if you had Opress aiding Vader I just can't see Vader holding his own for very long. But that's just me.

Originally posted by Galan007
Vader is vastly superior to either of the brothers with the force,

Probably vastly superior to both together. It wouldn't surprise me if Vader's TK rivals Sidious's.

Galan007
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It wouldn't surprise me if Vader's TK rivals Sidious's. OT Vader's TK was honestly god-like.

mnat801
Only way ROTJ Vader will win is by using force choke or something similiar. Otherwise Team overwhelms him imo.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Galan007
Vader is vastly superior to either of the brothers with the force, as he force-choked Xizor from halfway across the galaxy.
Fair point...and it very well may rival Sidious' with that 80% statement.

Jedi Mom
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Fair point...and it very well may rival Sidious' with that 80% statement.
Source?

Vensai
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
Source?

George Lucas himself

Jedi Mom
Anyone got a link, interview, anything?

Mizukage Yoda

I can vouch for GL saying it.

Jedi Mom
I can vouch for the opposite though.

DARTH POWER
Apparently it's from the Empire of Dreams documentary from the Anakin "behind the scenes" section.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:KBbig grinarth_Vader%27s_lightsaber_abilities

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker#Behind_the_scenes

It's a quote that's known on pretty much any and every SW discussion sites. So I highly doubt it was made up.

The_Tempest

Silver2467, the Star Wars scholar who kicked Nephthys's ass almost as effortlessly as I do, has scoured the web for a source and can't find it.

I've used the quote myself since time immemorial, but can't provide the source either. It may very well be fabricated.

DARTH POWER
I've watched "Empire of Dreams" and that quote isn't in it.

In fact it was quite clear a few minutes in that it wouldn't be there as the documentary had nothing to do with the actual story just the production of the SW Trilogy.

So looks like it really might be made up.

Jedi Mom
Yep. Just like the Qui-Gon=Mace stuff.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Silver2467, the Star Wars scholar who kicked Nephthys's ass almost as effortlessly as I do, has scoured the web for a source and can't find it.

I've used the quote myself since time immemorial, but can't provide the source either. It may very well be fabricated.

No I am almost certain it is in the ROTS commentary or the bonus disk. In fact I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar it's there.

The_Tempest
Silver has looked there and still can't find it. Not sure about the "Empire of Dreams" documentary, though. It's been years since I've seen it.

ROTJ Vader
Vader defeats both of them.

ares834
I can vouch for the opposite though.

Nah. It's in the Vanity Fair Interview from February 2005.

"Anakin, as Skywalker, as a human being, was going to be extremely powerful," he says. "But he ended up losing his arms and a leg and became partly a robot. So a lot of his ability to use the Force, a lot of his powers, are curbed at this point, because, as a living form, there's not that much of him left. So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he's maybe 20 percent less than the Emperor. So that isn't what the Emperor had in mind. He wanted this really super guy, but that got derailed by Obi-Wan. So he finds that, with Luke, he can get a more primo version if he can turn Luke to the Dark Side. You'll see, as this goes on, Luke is faced with the same issues and practically the same scenes that Anakin is faced with. Anakin says yes and Luke says no."

I don't actually have the issue mind you and am using an online version of it.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NTJack0
They're too quick for him in a duel, but he stomps them with the force.

Agreed smile

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ares834
Nah. It's in the Vanity Fair Interview from February 2005.

"Anakin, as Skywalker, as a human being, was going to be extremely powerful," he says. "But he ended up losing his arms and a leg and became partly a robot. So a lot of his ability to use the Force, a lot of his powers, are curbed at this point, because, as a living form, there's not that much of him left. So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he's maybe 20 percent less than the Emperor. So that isn't what the Emperor had in mind. He wanted this really super guy, but that got derailed by Obi-Wan. So he finds that, with Luke, he can get a more primo version if he can turn Luke to the Dark Side. You'll see, as this goes on, Luke is faced with the same issues and practically the same scenes that Anakin is faced with. Anakin says yes and Luke says no."

I don't actually have the issue mind you and am using an online version of it.

thumb up

Nice one ares. We almost started ignoring that quote for good.

I had a feeling it was used way too often on too many sites to be made up.

Jedi Mom
Interesting. It does say ''maybe'' so it's kind of unstable, like with the ''perhaps'' in the Dooku quote from DR.

But good find.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.