DBZ: Battle of Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
I'm sure a lot of your are really exited to see this when it comes out. From some brief footage looks like Goku will be in SS4 with Gold Hair which they are calling SS God Mode. Im really exited to see this new release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWTw09V4UQ Japanese with English Subs (Best one IMO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlmbmNZP9s Japanese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKcToC2frzw English

AuraAngel
Shit man every time I hear Sean Schemmel say "Ka-me-ha-me-ha!" I feel the nostalgia hit me in the face like a ton of bricks.

Man I miss being a kid and having Toonami on weekdays with a new DBZ everyday. Those were the good ol' days.

NemeBro
Honestly I think it looks like shit.

SevenShackles
Seems fun.

CosmicComet
Sean Schemmel is Goku.

**** the old lady who still voices him to this day in Japan.

Seniority be damned here.

Supra
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Shit man every time I hear Sean Schemmel say "Ka-me-ha-me-ha!" I feel the nostalgia hit me in the face like a ton of bricks.

Man I miss being a kid and having Toonami on weekdays with a new DBZ everyday. Those were the good ol' days.

I know it was always a race on the bus to get home from school and catch the last 20 minutes of DBZ. I think DBZ still comes on on Cartoon Network though if you wanna catch it.

Im really happy this is from Akira Toriyama

Astner
Saiyan master race.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because it is.

Astner
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Because it is.
No one is forcing you to torrent it.

Gecko4lif
I saw ss4 in that trailer. Shit tier confirmed

Supra
Originally posted by Astner
No one is forcing you to torrent it.

laughing

KAIKAGE
Originally posted by NemeBro
Honestly I think it looks like shit. Well it is likely to have crap voice acting, and a furless cat villain is a bit of a lame look. But we will probably never know anyway because it probably won't be english dubbed like the other new special episodes. And to be honest replacing super saiyan 4 with super saiyan god is a bit stupid because not only does it destroy the GT timeline but it sounds like a final form to me, which ruins the unlimited potential for super saiyans like goku to keep ascending to knew levels, that was the advantage for numbering each new level it left room for story continuation and new heights to reach.

Astner
Update.

mHhiPFYEv94

BloodRain
And potential spoiler if true..?

Q99
Some cool bits, that sounds really boss, but that Pan thing ^^;;

Supra
SS4 God Mode is all I needed to hear.

danteiscool
if even one thing in that video is true, I'm going to be happy as hell.

BloodRain
He was only using that image, its not canon. He even says he hasn't seen the new form yet.

I don't really trust everything said.
Vegeta being not only stronger than Goku but his SS3 form just because he got mad? Sure rage has made saiyans stronger but not that much.

Also everything he said is on the DBwiki, with no source: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Battle_of_Gods

Q99
It sounds, at least, plausible.

Supra
15 days and we will know

BloodRain
Originally posted by Q99
It sounds, at least, plausible.
The idea does, sure. Whats sketchy is the whole plot of the movie being known with no sources, when nobody has even seen a glimps of SSG.

ares834
Eh? There was a private screening in Japan and one of the attendants spoiled the plot.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20803&start=8640

Anyway SSG supposedly looks like that one Toei poster which shows Goku surrounded by yellow energy but instead of yellow energy it's red.

http://images.saiyanisland.com/showphoto.php?photo=12258

BloodRain
Oh, well that sucks. Yay for everything besides Vegeta's rage boost.

So SSG looks like kaioken? Hm..

Supra
Originally posted by ares834
Eh? There was a private screening in Japan and one of the attendants spoiled the plot.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20803&start=8640

Anyway SSG supposedly looks like that one Toei poster which shows Goku surrounded by yellow energy but instead of yellow energy it's red.

http://images.saiyanisland.com/showphoto.php?photo=12258

That second part made no sense

CosmicComet
Most of the things I'm hearing hear do not please me.

Vegeta will get shafted again.

SSG has no special look whatsoever.

Bils seems to have been a mere distraction the whole time.

Though yay, a multiverse seemingly confirmed at last.

AuraAngel
Vegeta's character is supposed to get shafted.

Granted that was more of a thing in the series, where it was thematically important. In the movie there isn't any reason for him not to win. Then again Bills is stronger than Goku, who is better than Vegeta so...yeah.

Supra
If Vegeta didnt get the shaft it would not be DBZ.

Does anyone know when the movie takes place? Im guessing before GT

ares834
Originally posted by Supra
That second part made no sense

What was confusing?

CosmicComet

GT is not canon, so it never happened.

Get it out of your mind.

It takes place before the last issue of the manga. Within that 10 year period before Goku fights Uub.

Q99

A few years before the end-of-DBZ ep with Pan and Uub.

CosmicComet
Why would Goku still be interested in fighting a weaker reincarnation of
Buu now that we know Bills exists?

Unless they do something with that, Uub's role and importance seems to be completely trivialized. Goku wanted to fight Buu again because he was his most powerful opponent, and thus hoped he would be resurrected as a better person in the future.

AuraAngel

Oh wow I just realized Trunks and Goten look the same as they did before. That means Videl got pregnant from the victory secks against Buu.

She also looks different.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/4/41/Pregnant_Videl_%28BOG%29.png

Q99
She changes her look occasionally.

AuraAngel
That's the girliest I think I've ever seen her lol.

But it looks fine. Just surprised.

Kento

Oh wow I just realized Trunks and Goten look the same as they did before. That means Videl got pregnant from the victory secks against Buu.
erm Goten, and Trunks look the same, but wouldn't they have to be about 13, and 14 now, and Marron 9? Bra should already be alive iirc she's a year older. Pan was 4 end of Z which was ten years after Buu..so yea... Timeline is so lost..

Supra
What was confusing?

Do u have a picture of the poster, was he surrounded by a red or yellow aura?

Supra
Originally posted by CosmicComet
GT is not canon, so it never happened.

Get it out of your mind.

It takes place before the last issue of the manga. Within that 10 year period before Goku fights Uub.

I wish I could but its hard not to like SS4 Gogeta

Ridley_Prime
Don't know if it's because I don't believe it or just don't want to believe it or what, but I'm not really buying the whole SSG being a Kaioken lookalike thing. erm Then again, Gohan's "Mystic" form had him look as though he was in his normal state, so I guess anything's possible. The thing with Bills sounds like it could be an interesting plot twist though at least.

AuraAngel
I really don't get the problem people have with Bills. He's a cat! Cats go around killing shit all the time just for their own amusement. It's just what they do.

But yeah, Bills actually beating Goku sounds pretty cool.

Zack Fair
Uh I am liking the spoilers. Only thing bothering me is how SSJG sounds underwhelming. Don't see how Vegetable got shafted when he apparently managed to summon more strength/power than SSJ3 Goku for a moment when Bulma got slapped. Hope that is true. Would be a nice thing for Veggie fans after all this time. Then again who knows how accurate these spoilers are.

Astner

Endless Mike
Tell me when a subbed version appears online

dadudemon
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Tell me when a subbed version appears online

That shouldn't happen until after it releases on video...unless you want a theater recorded sub?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by dadudemon
That shouldn't happen until after it releases on video...unless you want a theater recorded sub? You naive child

Endless Mike
As long as the translations are accurate and I can tell what's going on I'll take it.

Ridley_Prime
I really don't get the problem people have with Bills. He's a cat! Cats go around killing shit all the time just for their own amusement. It's just what they do.
Then why isn't Puar a villain?

In all seriousness though I don't really have a problem with him.

If Bills really is the weakest out of the twelve gods then it seems like they're setting up for a new arc.
If that and everything the guy said in the video is true, there will probably be a SSG level 2 and so forth used to combat the stronger Gods. Calling it.

Astner
Considering how plain the Super Saiyan God form is I don't think it would be hard to design a Super Saiyan God 2.

danteiscool
or a super saiyan god 3 form for that matter. if the video is true then SSG form would let Goku fight on par with Bills until apparently Bills wins, so either there are more forms of SSG out there or Goku does some crazy training to get stronger on his own.

Supra
Its Goku, never underestimate him!

Zack Fair
The whole Super Saiyan god thing is kind of meh. Looks like they didn't really bother.

Supra
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The whole Super Saiyan god thing is kind of meh. Looks like they didn't really bother.

We dont even know what its going to be or look like. Who cares what form or what he looks like, as long as he's SSJ Goku thats enough for me.

ares834

Agreed. It's a stupid concept and looks way to plain.

Supra
Agreed. It's a stupid concept and looks way to plain.

Where is a pic of SSG?

Zack Fair
We dont even know what its going to be or look like. Who cares what form or what he looks like, as long as he's SSJ Goku thats enough for me. Except we do know it looks very generic. That is the problem with some fans...they can be fed crapand they won't care.

I think they should have come up with a kickass look instead of a bland SSJ1 Kaiokenish aura thing.

Some of the SSJ5-1 million fan designs kick its ass.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Then why isn't Puar a villain?
He was.

Q99
And Bills is a creepy skinny egyptian-pharaoh cat at that.

Supra
Except we do know it looks very generic. That is the problem with some fans...they can be fed crapand they won't care.

I think they should have come up with a kickass look instead of a bland SSJ1 Kaiokenish aura thing.

Some of the SSJ5-1 million fan designs kick its ass.

We dont know what Goku is going to look like in SSG mode, so lets not jump the gun and think the worst.

Zack Fair
over

Supra
over

Poor smiley

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by danteiscool
or a super saiyan god 3 form for that matter. if the video is true then SSG form would let Goku fight on par with Bills until apparently Bills wins, so either there are more forms of SSG out there or Goku does some crazy training to get stronger on his own.
Hopefully it'll be the former. As it is now though even the fake golden SSJ4 thing would've been preferable compared to what we're apparently getting.

Supra
Golden SS4 would be cool, but we still dont know guys. You can't take fan art and automatically think that is what should be in the movie otherwise it would not be magna.

dadudemon
You naive child

Hey, I used to participate in a fansubbing group. I didn't do shit, for the most part, but our group was vividly aware of when shit was available and when it wasn't...when it came to anime.

Endless Mike
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/a/ac/SSaiyanGod3.png

This is what it looks like

BloodRain
Besides the same colour and look as Kaio-ken, it also has a short duration like it. Lazy.

CosmicComet

This is what it looks like

So correspondingly...

SSG2 = Red haired, red eyed Super Saiyan

SSG3 = Red haired, red eyed Super Saiyan 2

SSG4 = Red haired, red eyed Super Saiyan 3

I would lol if that happens.

Astner
Originally posted by BloodRain
Besides the same colour and look as Kaio-ken, it also has a short duration like it. Lazy.
Gohan's Mystic form was even lazier.

Gecko4lif
Gohan's Mystic form was even lazier.
Hard to top a transformation where literally nothing happens

KAIKAGE

This is what it looks like It better not look like that because that's just sad, what on earth made them think that was a good look for a super saiyan god. Heck even for kaioken it looks weak, hell the golden super saiyan 4 look replacing the original and replacing the gt timeline doesn't sound so bad now.

Astner
Hard to top a transformation where literally nothing happens
That's true. But the cool thing about Mystic Gohan was how his character had changed.

BloodRain
Originally posted by KAIKAGE
It better not look like that because that's just sad, what on earth made them think that was a good look for a super saiyan god. Heck even for kaioken it looks weak, hell the golden super saiyan 4 look replacing the original and replacing the gt timeline doesn't sound so bad now.
I still like the look and idea of SS4 ermmnone
That's true. But the cool thing about Mystic Gohan was how his character had changed.
His character changed? I don't remember much that wasn't like his SS/2 self.

danteiscool
well, let's not jump the gun just yet. that pic could have just been meant to screw with us. personally, I kinda look forward to the SSg form provided it doesn't look bland. given the difference though between SS2 and SS3 in hair length, style, and Goku now having pupils, who knows, the changes could be radical when in SSG form.

and when Gohan went mystic, he became an uber confident fighter who didn't lose his cool at all, a bit of a difference from when he first went SS2 since he was more or less pissed off and was kinda sadistic towards Cell.

Astner
Super Saiyan Ginger.

stargun
0sCC2qh1Rfk

So apparently chopsticks > Piccolo laughing

Kento
And Tien

KAIKAGE
Originally posted by stargun
0sCC2qh1Rfk

So apparently chopsticks > Piccolo laughing What happened was Bills hit Piccolo's pressure points, but thumbs up on finding a descent sneak peek of how Bills fights.

Astner
That was a quick battle.

Ridley_Prime
And making Buu and Gohan hit each other like that, ouch.

Zack Fair
0sCC2qh1Rfk

So apparently chopsticks > Piccolo laughing Is that old hag the one that voices Goku?

stargun
And making Buu and Gohan hit each other like that, ouch.

I'm just sad Gohan's strongest non-fuse status went down the toilet like that, he couldn't even give Bills a warm up fight.

Is that old hag the one that voices Goku?

hR9WqmtW4-s

You tell me...

Astner
I'm just sad Gohan's strongest non-fuse status went down the toilet like that, he couldn't even give Bills a warm up fight.
Goku fanboys would've denied that either way.

Galan007
SSJ3 Goku vs. Bills:

vAmtkSraJaE

AuraAngel
Freakin love Bills.

Also, just wondering if the 12 Gods thing is true then would they maybe follow the 12 Zodiac signs of the Easten Zodiac? Goku is the Super Sayain God(Monkey) and Bills is a Cat, widely regarded as the unofficial 13th one. Or maybe he's the tiger but no stripes would render that unlikely.

If we even get to see the other Gods of Destruction. I hope we do.

Kento
Just punched a hole through King Kai's planet.......LOL

danteiscool
damn, talk about one-sided. Bills wasn't even trying.

Zack Fair
Heh. That is what Superman vs Goku would be like

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/246/d/c/sasuke_trollface_by_limbothelost-d48ohmz.png

The fight was fun though. Liked the animation. Still loath Goku's Japanese voice actress.

Want more movies. Possibly 12 of them. Or a show.

One can dream right?

danteiscool
yes, yes we can dream. assuming that there are 12 gods of destruction, then we probably have a whole new series on our hands here.

Ridley_Prime
I just hope the fights with the other Gods aren't something short, one-sided, or anticlimactic like with most of the Shadow Dragons in GT.

Bentley
I just hope Gohan it's the main character again.

Effect Veiler
Originally posted by Bentley
I just hope Gohan it's the main character again.
Gohan is the shittiest Z-Fighter of them all. Then again I'm speaking to someone who doesn't know the difference between "it's" and "is", so I'm not expecting an intelligence response.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Effect Veiler
Gohan is the shittiest Z-Fighter of them all. Then again I'm speaking to someone who doesn't know the difference between "it's" and "is", so I'm not expecting an intelligence response.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL!!!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Bentley
I just hope Gohan it's the main character again. It is Vegetable's time in the spotlight.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkymtx6u7o1qiqegzo1_r1_400.gif

NemeBro

*intelligent

I'd say that was ironic, but honestly this is expected from you.

Astner
Originally posted by Galan007
SSJ3 Goku vs. Bills:

vAmtkSraJaE
That's pretty sweet.

Kento
It is Vegetable's time in the spotlight.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkymtx6u7o1qiqegzo1_r1_400.gif Vegeta get any spotlight? Impossible, never gonna happen.

Yamcha
I was stoked for a new form but...WOW...that's...pretty bland...like someone mentioned earlier why couldn't they look at the fan art and stuff for ideas lord knows there's enough that's been around, I remember thinking this one was badass seeing it years ago
http://i50.tinypic.com/27xmff8.jpg

Idk where it came from but it looks more God status then that one, hell throw some light hawk wings on Goku I don't mind, but this Kaioken looking stuff truly does just come off as lazy ;~;

Buuuuuut it does make sense if they're gonna have more levels for it and maybe a new series, that would truly be a dream come true O.O

That's my only complaint though, so far the movie looks phenomenal big grin

Bentley

?

You're cute honey.

Kento
There's a problem with this movie already, from what I've seen about it. Six Saiyans are needed to made Super Saiyan God Mode....1/4th Saiyan Fetus Pan is used as sixth Saiyan....But no mention of Half Blood Daughter of the Prince Bra is mentioned who would be born...WTF Akira? Forgetting Vegeta had a daughter?

Ridley_Prime
Wasn't Bra only in GT anyway?

CosmicComet
Wasn't Bra only in GT anyway?

Nope. They showed her in Z.

Kento
Bra was in the End of Z with everyone else. She's not a fighter but she's there.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c016/

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Yamcha
I was stoked for a new form but...WOW...that's...pretty bland...like someone mentioned earlier why couldn't they look at the fan art and stuff for ideas lord knows there's enough that's been around, I remember thinking this one was badass seeing it years ago
http://i50.tinypic.com/27xmff8.jpg

Idk where it came from but it looks more God status then that one, hell throw some light hawk wings on Goku I don't mind, but this Kaioken looking stuff truly does just come off as lazy ;~;

Buuuuuut it does make sense if they're gonna have more levels for it and maybe a new series, that would truly be a dream come true O.O

That's my only complaint though, so far the movie looks phenomenal big grin Problem with the SSJ god thing is that it looks too much like the kaioken and therefor feels lazy as all ****

CosmicComet
Does this retcon Pan's age at the end of z (seeing as goten and trunks don't look much if any older), as well as retcon that Bra is supposed to be older than her?

Or does the last manga chapter still take precedence over this even though its older, for the simple fact that it takes place after this movie?

Also, doesn't this movie diminish the purpose of Uub? He was a re-incarnation of what was supposed to be Goku's most powerful foe. That's why Goku wanted him to come back one day as a better person. Why would Goku be excited about this kid's power--, after he fought Bils?

Zack Fair
I'd wait to see what happens after this movie. If the movie doesn't have any sequels in the form of a show/or movies(pushing it though) then we should just treat the nonsense like we do every other DBZ movie.

If it does follow with more movies or show then I think it would be fair to assess the movie retconned things post buu saga.

KAIKAGE
Freakin love Bills.

Also, just wondering if the 12 Gods thing is true then would they maybe follow the 12 Zodiac signs of the Easten Zodiac? Goku is the Super Sayain God(Monkey) and Bills is a Cat, widely regarded as the unofficial 13th one. Or maybe he's the tiger but no stripes would render that unlikely.

If we even get to see the other Gods of Destruction. I hope we do. If that's true does that mean Omega Shenron will be the dragon part of the zodiac.

Bentley
Omega Shenron doesn't exist.

Kento
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Does this retcon Pan's age at the end of z (seeing as goten and trunks don't look much if any older), as well as retcon that Bra is supposed to be older than her?

Or does the last manga chapter still take precedence over this even though its older, for the simple fact that it takes place after this movie?

Also, doesn't this movie diminish the purpose of Uub? He was a re-incarnation of what was supposed to be Goku's most powerful foe. That's why Goku wanted him to come back one day as a better person. Why would Goku be excited about this kid's power--, after he fought Bils? I just think Akira forgets his time line. Akira usually forgets a lot.

Depends on how he beats Bills, if its only through Super Saiyan God Mode Power Up which takes the power of the other saiyans then I doubt it diminishes Uub, since Goku wants an opponent on his level, and also trains him to take over protecting the world after him.

Astner
This movie takes place in-between the Buu saga and the last chapter of the manga.

BloodRain
Not that Uub would even be on Goku's level.

Goku was already at Buu's level 10 years of training prior to meeting Uub.. Vegeta was likely stronger than Buu at that point.

psycho gundam
I'm sure a lot of your are really exited to see this when it comes out. From some brief footage looks like Goku will be in SS4 with Gold Hair which they are calling SS God Mode. Im really exited to see this new release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWTw09V4UQ Japanese with English Subs (Best one IMO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlmbmNZP9s Japanese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKcToC2frzw English Originally posted by NemeBro

Bentley
Not that Uub would even be on Goku's level.

Goku was already at Buu's level 10 years of training prior to meeting Uub.. Vegeta was likely stronger than Buu at that point.

Considering Vegeta spent years in the Hyperbolic Chamber and still failed to be more powerful than Perfect Cell I wouldn't count on that.

BloodRain
Only one year, and he went from being knocked around by #18 to overpowering Imperfect Cell.

Kento
Pretty sure he went back in again during the free week before Perfect Cell battle.

dadudemon
Only one year, and he went from being knocked around by #18 to overpowering Imperfect Cell.

What this guy said:

Originally posted by Kento
Pretty sure he went back in again during the free week before Perfect Cell battle.

Both Vegeta and Trunks went back to train, again, after Goku and Gohan came out as a FPSSJ.

Also, I think the power level of Goku works just fine if we stick to the Anime as the source: GT.

This is an Anime film, not a manga. So there is no reason to conclude that it follows a different timeline just because Toriyama was involved.

Goku, in his Base Form, is supposed to be as strong as Uub. We are supposed to assume Uub is as strong as or stronger than Kid Buu. Kid Buu is around SSJ3 Goku.

So there is that much of a different between the 10-15 years that is GT and the time the movie takes place. That fits just fine in the timeline we have been provided, as far as Goku's power goes.

Galan007
Trunks and Vegeta each spent the equivalent of two years inside the time chamber, and were still vastly inferior to Goku and Gohan, who'd spent less than a single year inside the chamber. Lulz, all Saiyans are NOT created equal.

Goku, in his Base Form, is supposed to be as strong as Uub. We are supposed to assume Uub is as strong as or stronger than Kid Buu. Kid Buu is around SSJ3 Goku. Which makes sense given that Goku claimed base form Rildo was "even MORE powerful than Majin Buu", yet was tooling him as a SSJ1.

Astner
Goku and Gohan trained differently though.

BloodRain
VnS2KaaRbXA

Astner
VnS2KaaRbXA
Vegeta: There's one thing I'd like to know. Will I meet that clown Kakarott on the other side?

Piccolo: I'm not going to lie to you Vegeta although the answer might be difficult for you to hear. Goku devoted his life to protecting the lives of others. Because of his selflessness, when he died, he was allowed to keep his body and travel to King Kai's planet. You on the other hand have spent your life in pursuit of your own selfish desires, when you die, you will not receive the same reward.

Vegeta: Oh well, so be it. Go now, and hurry.

RIP Vegeta, 2013.

dadudemon
Which makes sense given that Goku claimed base form Rildo was "even MORE powerful than Majin Buu", yet was tooling him as a SSJ1.

So, to me, there is still tons of room in the "power scale of things" to fit Goku and others. No need to force PIS n'stuff.

Q99
Super Saiyan God alternates

Galan007
So, to me, there is still tons of room in the "power scale of things" to fit Goku and others. No need to force PIS n'stuff. thumb up

Originally posted by Q99
Super Saiyan God alternates Would've liked to have seen this characterization get used:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15519022_Untitled2.jpg

Has a SSJ4 quality about it, yet still retains the look of a standard SSJ.

Astner
I think it was based on the first viral fan-art of Super Saiyan God Goku.

http://i.imgur.com/dHq8Lgfl.jpg

KAIKAGE
VnS2KaaRbXA What the hell, was he drunk or something, this goes completely against his character.

Endless Mike
He's trying to entertain Bills so he doesn't kill everyone...

but yeah, OOC. I've complained about this before.

Galan007
I think it was based on the first viral fan-art of Super Saiyan God Goku.

http://i.imgur.com/dHq8Lgfl.jpg That looks badass, imo.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, if only that had been the real SSG.

And trying to entertain Bills so he doesn't kill everyone sounds out of character even for Vegeta, but at least I know there's a reason for it now, unlike Krillen's terrible but funny singing at the beginning of the first Broly movie. laughing out loud

Kento
Vegeta sat around crying about Broli's power in Broli movie after being all like I will take the lssj on and kill him. Him trying to appease someone who dwarfs everyone in power doesn't seem to out of character in movie terms.

TheHulk
Somehow I ain't excited...I was more like meh...and I'm a ****ing huge DBZ fan! But yea it will be a fun watch...and the new SS God already being wanked.....

atv2
The Super Saiyan God Mode is the big feature. I would like to see what Goku does in this form. When I first saw it I thought it was Kaioken Goku but Goku never had red eyes and his hair was red. I'm lookin forward to what God form will have to offer. Another question I would have is could the producers be satisfied with calling the form Super Saiyan God? They've had to alter the names of different forms and people because of the religious aspect of it. Will they keep the form as Super Saiyan God or will they call it a Super Saiyan Something Else? Will this be the established new form of Super Saiyan 4?

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by KAIKAGE
And to be honest replacing super saiyan 4 with super saiyan god is a bit stupid because not only does it destroy the GT timeline but it sounds like a final form to me, which ruins the unlimited potential for super saiyans like goku to keep ascending to knew levels, that was the advantage for numbering each new level it left room for story continuation and new heights to reach.

Well it's not like GT was canon in the first place.

BloodRawEngine
^Or good.

Astner
So has the movie been dubbed yet or?

SevenShackles
First off I'm one of those people who thought the monkey fur transformation was a bit stupid... All that gold hair and then it -poof- monkeys out. Which would of been more acceptable if it was gold fur not just randomly red with black hair on top. It's kinda grown on me but I still think it was stupid but honestly all of GT was stupid aside from hell fighter 17 but I know I'm bias due to liking android 17 and even that was stupid tbh.

Super saiyan god can work, more so due to it's initial underwhelming nature. It can simply be the first step in a new direction. 2nd form can have spiked red hair like SSJ or something of that nature. It can be build upon.

Im just waiting for idiots to claim goku went super sayian God while fighting lord slug since they portrayed super saiyan in the form of a transcended kaio Ken. That will be 'fun' watching people argue that lol

BloodRain
Originally posted by atv2
The Super Saiyan God Mode is the big feature. I would like to see what Goku does in this form. When I first saw it I thought it was Kaioken Goku but Goku never had red eyes and his hair was red. I'm lookin forward to what God form will have to offer. Another question I would have is could the producers be satisfied with calling the form Super Saiyan God? They've had to alter the names of different forms and people because of the religious aspect of it. Will they keep the form as Super Saiyan God or will they call it a Super Saiyan Something Else? Will this be the established new form of Super Saiyan 4?

Super Saiyan Kami~

JakeTheBank
Hopefully, judging from the movie's ending, this leads into more movies.

Zack Fair
o_O Did you watch it? If so...LINK.

JakeTheBank
o_O Did you watch it? If so...LINK.

Nah, I didn't watch it, but I read the synopsis of the movie's plot, including its ending.

Supra
Originally posted by SevenShackles
First off I'm one of those people who thought the monkey fur transformation was a bit stupid... All that gold hair and then it -poof- monkeys out. Which would of been more acceptable if it was gold fur not just randomly red with black hair on top. It's kinda grown on me but I still think it was stupid but honestly all of GT was stupid aside from hell fighter 17 but I know I'm bias due to liking android 17 and even that was stupid tbh.

Super saiyan god can work, more so due to it's initial underwhelming nature. It can simply be the first step in a new direction. 2nd form can have spiked red hair like SSJ or something of that nature. It can be build upon.

Im just waiting for idiots to claim goku went super sayian God while fighting lord slug since they portrayed super saiyan in the form of a transcended kaio Ken. That will be 'fun' watching people argue that lol

Why does Goku never use Kaio Ken in SSJ Form?

Supra
Has anyone seen the movie yet?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Nah, I didn't watch it, but I read the synopsis of the movie's plot, including its ending. Damn it.

Q99

I don't think he can and/or it's been made redundant, probably only serving as a power modifier off base form.

JakeTheBank

He did in a filler ep.

One theory is that "Super Kaioken" would burn through his body at an exponential rate due to the level of energy required to sustain Kaioken and Super Saiyan. Of course, when Goku used said technique in the filler, he was already dead and him being dead allowed him to later use the Super Saiyan 3 form for a longer duration than he was able to when he was alive.

Personally, I think Super Saiyan + Kaioken is more or less unneeded when Goku can use Super Saiyan 2 or 3 when he needs to.

Supra
He did in a filler ep.

One theory is that "Super Kaioken" would burn through his body at an exponential rate due to the level of energy required to sustain Kaioken and Super Saiyan. Of course, when Goku used said technique in the filler, he was already dead and him being dead allowed him to later use the Super Saiyan 3 form for a longer duration than he was able to when he was alive.

Personally, I think Super Saiyan + Kaioken is more or less unneeded when Goku can use Super Saiyan 2 or 3 when he needs to.

He did super Kaioken when he was fighting in the other world, however it looks like it took him from SSY 2 back to normal form yet he became more powerful then SSJ 2 at that split second.

However SSJ3 as you said, much better and sustainable transformations.
Heres a good clipsmile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7HvJMFZo7Y

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Personally, even though it didn't make sense and was filler to begin with, I liked that scene, however brief it was.

Supra
thumb up

Personally, even though it didn't make sense and was filler to begin with, I liked that scene, however brief it was.

Me too I got exited..weird looking back on it, but Goku can do as he pleases.

Supra
Anyone seen a sneek preview?

Zack Fair
T0cfC-ldBj4#!

Astner
T0cfC-ldBj4#!
Whoever made that should get into toy commercials.

Galan007
He did in a filler ep.

Personally, I think Super Saiyan + Kaioken is more or less unneeded when Goku can use Super Saiyan 2 or 3 when he needs to. Super kaio-ken wasn't used in the manga because it's too phucking haxxed.

Just think:
When Goku used that standard/power-doubling super kaio-ken against Pikkon, his power level instantly became equal to that of his SSJ2 form(as a SSJ2 is 2x more powerful than a SSJ1.) So if he were able to use higher kaio-ken multipliers, then he'd attain power FAR beyond what he ever displayed in the manga.

For instance, a SSJ3 is, per canon, 6x more powerful than a SSJ1(as it is 4x more powerful than a SSJ2.) If Goku were to use a x20 kaio-ken as a SSJ1(which is the greatest kaio-ken multiplier he ever used in the manga), then he would become over 3x more powerful than a SSJ3. Just imagine if he were able to use high-multiplier kaio-kens as a SSJ2 or 3... He could have soloed nearly every villain in Z at the same time.

dadudemon
Super kaio-ken wasn't used in the manga because it's too phucking haxxed.

Just think:
When Goku used that standard/power-doubling super kaio-ken against Pikkon, his power level instantly became equal to that of his SSJ2 form(as a SSJ2 is 2x more powerful than a SSJ1.) So if he were able to use higher kaio-ken multipliers, then he'd attain power FAR beyond what he ever displayed in the manga.

For instance, a SSJ3 is, per canon, 6x more powerful than a SSJ1(as it is 4x more powerful than a SSJ2.) If Goku were to use a x20 kaio-ken as a SSJ1(which is the greatest kaio-ken multiplier he ever used in the manga), then he would become over 3x more powerful than a SSJ3. Just imagine if he were able to use high-multiplier kaio-kens as a SSJ2 or 3... He could have soloed nearly every villain in Z at the same time.

SSJ3 is supposedly 4x more powerful than SSJ2. 2 is 2x more powerful than 1. 1 is 50x more powerful than base. So 3 is 8 times more powerful than 1.

So that's 50*2*4 = SSJ3 is 400x than base. You got the end result right but not sure how you got 6x. lol

Galan007
SSJ3 is supposedly 4x more powerful than SSJ2. 2 is 2x more powerful than 1. 1 is 50x more powerful than base. So 3 is 8 times more powerful than 1.

So that's 50*2*4 = SSJ3 is 400x than base. You got the end result right but not sure how you got 6x. lol doh

Typo.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>