People who seek Hierarchy and Authority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anthony Stark
The hierarchy of everything in life has always bothered me. I'm bothered by power. And people who want it, whoever they might be, whether it's the government, or the policeman in the uniform, soldiers or the man on the door at a night club, even people who choose to be 'in charge' of something- they all irk me a bit. And I sit and watch politicians with great cynicism, total cynicism. Am I right to be bothered and worried by these type of people?

Symmetric Chaos
You are wrong to be worried by them. Instead you should amass as much power and authority as possible for yourself.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You are wrong to be worried by them. Instead you should amass as much power and authority as possible for yourself.

Why?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Anthony Stark
Why?

Power is its own reward.

Anthony Stark
Power is its own reward.

Isn't it a responsibility? I'm sure Spiderman taught me that.

Omega Vision
I extend a compromise that I think addresses both of your main points: Reward yourself responsibly once you've attained power and authority.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I extend a compromise that I think addresses both of your points: Reward yourself responsibly once you've attained power and authority.

You see, I've never felt the need to be defined by position. Power is always relative imo.

Omega Vision
You see, I've never felt the need to be defined by position. Power is always relative imo.
Relatively small compared to mine, I understand. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be ambitious.

Anthony Stark
Relatively small compared to mine, I understand. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be ambitious.

Haha, relatively small compared to those born into wealth. For most other people they will only ever be varying levels of serf. Even if they consider themselves self employed, professional or manager.

Symmetric Chaos
Isn't it a responsibility? I'm sure Spiderman taught me that.

Nah, responsibility if for people without enough power.

Anthony Stark
Nah, responsibility if for people without enough power.

Now you're worrying me....

Archaeopteryx
Humans will always follow leaders. It sucks but that's how it is.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
There's nothing inherently bad/wrong about deferring to leaders, so long as they aren't incompetent or malicious beyond reason and they don't control every aspect of their subjects' existence.

Dolos
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx

This could be an erroneous assertion.

Rebelliousness is intrinsic and therefore inevitably recurrent. Yet every such juncture has and continues to result only in affixing another au courant hegemony. Global anarchism via societal devolution is, however, a possible eventuality; given humanity's current destructive capacity. Alternatively, transformations in human nature can render the relevance of leadership obsolete.

Dolos
*Transformations in human nature could allow for leaderless societal symmetry, eliminating the exigence of hierarchy.

Dolos
**Nullifying the exigence of hierarchical command for maintaining societal order.

Symmetric Chaos
There's nothing inherently bad/wrong about deferring to leaders, so long as they aren't incompetent or malicious beyond reason and they don't control every aspect of their subjects' existence.

Who told you to say that?

Omega Vision
Who told you to say that?
Some big strong man with a taser.

Yurika
If you cannot change others, then you have to change yourself. You can choose to be apart from those people seeking hierarchy and authority, but no need to be bothered or worried. Just be yourself.

Mindship
The hierarchy of everything in life has always bothered me. I'm bothered by power. And people who want it...All living things want power, in one form or another. For humans, it bolsters the illusion of the ego and keeps death terror at bay. Even 'rejecting power' is its own form of (symbolic) empowerment.

There's no escape, dude. No escape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.