Hannibal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I recently watched Red Dragon and loved it, anyways I was skimming through wikipedia and found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_(TV_series)

It's a prequel, set before Red Dragon and after Hannibal rising (it's rising right?), anyways I for one am looking forward to seeing this. I loved Ed Norton and Sir Anthony Hopkins in their respective roles as Will Graham and Hannibal Lector, so seeing how Hugh Dancy as Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal Lector should be interesting and I hope they can do a good job of it.

the ninjak
Mads Mikkelsen is one of the most ignored great actors of the present day.

He was amazing in A Royal Affair.

He's awesome in everything he's in but the Hollywood films he gets roles in seem to leave him unrecognized to the masses.

I have high hopes for this series. Few actors get my attention and Mads is my freakin hero these days.

steverules_2
I just realised somehow last night this thread managed to double itself erm

Anyways yeah I can't wait till April to see the first episode, it'll be interesting to see what happened in the lives on Hannibal and Will before Red Dragon...of course we all know that chances are in the last ever episode it'll be set right before Red Dragon and the capture of Hannibal..thats my theory anyway

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
I just realised somehow last night this thread managed to double itself erm

And linking Wikipedia pages keep failing on this forum site.

steverules_2
Did the link fail? Man KMC seems to have it's fair share of problems right now I guess

the ninjak
Links to Wiki seem to regress to a more common idea of what the poster is referring to.

I was sent to Hannibal the military tactician instead of the TV series.

Regardless....this forum is an old system. Move on.

BruceSkywalker
this show stinks... thought it was going to be good, but was wrong..

Mindset
Bruce, you are so wrong I feel like slapping you across your stupid face.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
Bruce, you are so wrong I feel like slapping you across your stupid face.

lol

Major_Lexington
Mads Mikkelsen was awesome in Pusher I, Pusher II and Valhalla Rising. I predicted this as House mixed with a Sherlock Holmes type show. Was I way off?

Kazenji
So is the show any good?

Originally posted by the ninjak

Regardless....this forum is an old system. Move on.

And it doesn't look like its going to be updated, Since our gods or no longer with us.

slupo
Mads is amazing in this show. I'm surprised how good Hannibal is.

super pr*xy
mads is making this show really good.. i cannot stop seeing norton as will graham.. this would have been so good if it was norton, fishburne and mikkelsen..

super pr*xy
the more i see this show, the more i dislike the guy playing will graham..

Nephthys
Yeah, this series is amazing. I feel bad for not giving it a chance until now.

the ninjak
Best show I've seen all year!

Mads knocks the Lecter role out of the ball park.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, this series is amazing. I feel bad for not giving it a chance until now.
Same. I felt a weird hesitation to watch this show from the start.

But I enjoyed this show alot more than the rest I've seen recently and am very pleased it got a second season.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this show stinks... thought it was going to be good, but was wrong..

DUDE!

Epicurus
Who thinks that Freddy Lounds isn't dead and that she will return in Season 3 as part of Graham's big set-up to capture Lecter?

Stealth Moose
Possibly. I need to rewatch season one again. I'm getting fuzzy.

Epicurus
^What I am talking about occurred in last week's episode of Hannibal. Or are you talking about rewatching season one in a generic tone?

HueyFreeman
Great episode. Jeez even in a show full of killers mason stands out as a full on scumbag.

Epicurus
Jeez, couldn't they f*cking wait until the next season to reveal that Freddie was still alive? Like they did with Giddeon.

It's almost as if the scenes in the previous episode meant nothing ultimately.

Epicurus
Lackluster finale.

Nephthys
Badass finale.

Epicurus
^False. It was almost too predictable. Though I am surprised that Hannibal's hot psychiatrist was in on his plan all along.

Arachnid1
I started watching this recently. Great show! I'm halfway through season 2.

marwash22
it really is great. Season 2 gave me high hopes.

AbnormalButSane
The trailer for the third season looks promising.

Arachnid1
I thought that the finale was pretty great! I just saw the trailer for the third season too. It looks like it completely leaves behind any of the familiarities of previous seasons. Looks like it's just Will pursuing Hannibal in France by himself. I'm optimistic.

It would be cool if we could get a Norman Bates crossover.

marwash22
awwwww, man. Red Dragon is upon us.

so goddamn pissed this is cancelled.

Shinobi Popcorn
I bought the season pass but haven't had any time to watch past the first episode. It's on my vacation list.

I really liked season 2, except for Not-Clarice. She served her purpose as Jack's guilt trip, but she had too many of Clarice's lines.

dadudemon
This show is amazing. I'm on episode 4 of the first season.

It is not the same but I think if you like Dexter, you'll also like this show. It's darker and not as "fun" as Dexter.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by dadudemon
This show is amazing. I'm on episode 4 of the first season.

It is not the same but I think if you like Dexter, you'll also like this show. It's darker and not as "fun" as Dexter. If you think season 1 is amazing, wait till season 2. It blows the first season out of the water like you wouldn't believe. One of the only seasons of any show with 100% ratings on RT. You're in for a treat.

Quincy
THIS SHOW IS TERRIFIC

Bardock42
I feel like this thread teaches us a good lesson about thread naming.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Arachnid1
If you think season 1 is amazing, wait till season 2. It blows the first season out of the water like you wouldn't believe. One of the only seasons of any show with 100% ratings on RT. You're in for a treat.

That's setting the bar rather high. Some of the very best moments in anything ever filmed, imo, were had in this show. When he re-enacts the scenes of murder and totally immerses himself, it is almost jaw-dropping. Especially because he's such a damn good actor. I wonder how many takes it takes for them to get him to act like that?

So, yeah, looking forward to watching more. Hannibal's character is very...how should I say? He's disgusting, obviously. But I like him. He's terrific!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I feel like this thread teaches us a good lesson about thread naming.

Ha.

Mistakes were made. But lessons were probably not learned.

Quincy
The show is gross but I couldn't stop watching

Mindset
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's setting the bar rather high. Some of the very best moments in anything ever filmed, imo, were had in this show. When he re-enacts the scenes of murder and totally immerses himself, it is almost jaw-dropping. Especially because he's such a damn good actor. I wonder how many takes it takes for them to get him to act like that?

So, yeah, looking forward to watching more. Hannibal's character is very...how should I say? He's disgusting, obviously. But I like him. He's terrific! If you haven't seen S2, you're in for a treat.

S3 isn't as good, but I'm still liking it.

Arachnid1
Just finished season 3

Originally posted by Mindset

S3 isn't as good, but I'm still liking it. I don't know how far you were when you posted that, but I disagree. It was somehow even better than the second season.

Fking love Mason Verger. Dude was by far my favorite psycho on this show. It was surprising they killed him off and finished him halfway through the season and started a new threat 3 years later. It felt like we got two seasons in one, which I'm thankful for since this show wont continue.

The Red Dragon was cool, but not as great as Verger. Still, everything with Dr. Chilton was some next level chit for this show. I like the guy, so I'm kind of sad it happened to him and not Dr. Bloom. The ending with both Will and Hannibal finally together and feeding on Bedelia was kind of depressing. I never liked her, but I'm disappointed that Will ended up embracing his murderous side. Looks like Freddie was right about him.

Great season, and easily the best this show had. Too bad it won't continue.

roughrider
I finally caught up with this show on Netflix. I read the books and saw all the movies back in the day, and this was a really cool modern remix of the elements, right down to when certain plot twists happen and who said what line. The gore level was equally impressive, as this was broadcast on NBC and not cable (it was like a cable/streaming show that somehow got onto a regular network.) Mads Mikkelsen manages to be Lecter without doing an imitation of Anthony Hopkins or Brian Cox & puts his own stamp on the character, while Hugh Dancy was the most tortured version of Will Graham yet.

That said, the third and final season left me with mixed feelings. Maybe getting told about the cancellation changed their plans, but it felt like two seasons crammed into one. The Tooth Fairy should have had an entire season to himself, as this was the case that finally retired Graham for good. But they did the end on an appropriate note, and was glad they didn't go beyond what we saw in those closing moments (I don't think I could have suspended my disbelief for one more season.)

DarthPlaguis12
Great show, the fact they cancelled it is bs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.