The Sentry VS The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
The Sentry- CIS off

VS

The Avengers- CIS on.

Captain America
Black Panther
Iron-Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Wonder Man
Thor

Avenger or Avengers?

SamZED
Scarlet Witch is the only hope for the team but CIS on she'd probably end up dead.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The Sentry- CIS off

VS

The Avengers- CIS on.

Captain America
Black Panther
Iron-Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Wonder Man
Thor

Avenger or Avengers?

are u fishing ?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
are u fishing ?

No, are you on the Rainbow Bridge?

Sin I AM
No, are you on the Rainbow Bridge?

yes...........and popping pill, so stop baiting

LordofBrooklyn
yes...........and popping pill, so stop baiting

The pills make it seem like I'm baiting.

Sin I AM
The pills make it seem like I'm baiting.

ahhh i see, i gotta question then. who do you think would win? The fight seems spite to me. Captain America is useless and so is T'challa. Vision, Iron Man, and Simon are next and they would be made short work of. That leaves SW and Thor. Now with CIS off either of these characters could give Sentry a run for his money. however you handicapped them. Meaning Thor will bragg and try and fight h2h, and wanda would forget she went toe to toe with the pf.

imo

zeel
thor wins. thor alone is to much for sentry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zeel
thor wins. thor alone is to much for sentry. laughing out loud

Sentry clearly wins.

Tornatic
thor wins. thor alone is to much for sentry. Lol that's funny. Rune King Thor would be too much but standard Thor hell nah!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tornatic
Lol that's funny. Rune King Thor would be too much but standard Thor hell nah! He's ignoring the context of the comic, Siege.

zeel
Originally posted by quanchi112
He's ignoring the context of the comic, Siege.

No im just stateing a opinion. thor is a match for sentry (no void). The rest of the field is overkill.

quanchi112
No im just stateing a opinion. thor is a match for sentry (no void). The rest of the field is overkill. I don't think he is. Sentry is stronger, faster, more durable,more powerful, etc.

LordofBrooklyn
ahhh i see, i gotta question then. who do you think would win? The fight seems spite to me. Captain America is useless and so is T'challa. Vision, Iron Man, and Simon are next and they would be made short work of. That leaves SW and Thor. Now with CIS off either of these characters could give Sentry a run for his money. however you handicapped them. Meaning Thor will bragg and try and fight h2h, and wanda would forget she went toe to toe with the pf.

imo

Thor- Mjolnir. H2H until he realizes as he always does that he has one of the most powerful weapons in the MU.

Simon- Speed, Stamina, and high level of invulnerability.

Scarlet Witch- Wanda is much more capable than you are giving her credit for.

Vision- An intangible attack machine. He should be able to get close enough for a solid arm through the head. It won't kill him but it would be interesting.

Iron-Man- Hi-tech diversion but enough to give the 3 heavy-hitters what they need.

Black Panther- T'Challa is always prepared. An herb, The Panther God, something anything!

Captain America- Coordinates the heavy-hitters.

DTM
IMO, WWHulk and Sentry are rough equals, and as I believe this team of Avengers able to beat WWH, I have to also support them being Sentry (or Surfer, or Superman) as well.

TheHulk
You really need to stop this character vs The Avengers(same line up that fought Count) seriously as if the WWH vs Avengers thread was not a bait enough....

DTM
No im just stateing a opinion. thor is a match for sentry (no void). The rest of the field is overkill.

Agree, 100%.

Branlor Swift
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Siege_1.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
IMO, WWHulk and Sentry are rough equals, and as I believe this team of Avengers able to beat WWH, I have to also support them being Sentry (or Surfer, or Superman) as well. You mean WW Hulk and the Sentry of that issue when they fought were around the same. Take Sentry at his best and he's beyond even Hulk at his best.

ThereIsHope
Senty at his best? What has sentry done at his best? I havent follow the character. If you mean at his best. You are talking about the void. Which are two diffrent characters.

yaadaveyaa
ok i think we need a rule on this that void and sentry are the same its like an alter ego almost hes a psycho and the void is just what takes over his bad side its the same guy sentry at his best is by far the strongest of the herald group no hulk no thor no superman no thing is beating him 1 on 1 at full on power no shot

quanchi112
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Senty at his best? What has sentry done at his best? I havent follow the character. If you mean at his best. You are talking about the void. Which are two diffrent characters. They are the same person.

yaadaveyaa
the sentry is the good guy the one who does good if u read his comics ud understand this the void undoes whatever sentry does good the void is his opposite counter part that is unkillable and out of its gd mind lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
the sentry is the good guy the one who does good if u read his comics ud understand this the void undoes whatever sentry does good the void is his opposite counter part that is unkillable and out of its gd mind lol They can also overlap with both personalities being there. That was the case in Dark Avengers.

yaadaveyaa
They can also overlap with both personalities being there. That was the case in Dark Avengers.

oh yes very much so when he tore down asgard i am hoping they bring him back in the near future i miss ol sentry

quanchi112
oh yes very much so when he tore down asgard i am hoping they bring him back in the near future i miss ol sentry I like him on the sidelines. If they do bring him back I hope it's years down the road. More appearances usually isn't better.

yaadaveyaa
I like him on the sidelines. If they do bring him back I hope it's years down the road. More appearances usually isn't better.

i want a whole new series with him rebooted and actually show a good display of power even remotely close to what is stated not just whiney sentry

Golgo13
The Avengers.

-Pr-
ok i think we need a rule on this that void and sentry are the same its like an alter ego almost hes a psycho and the void is just what takes over his bad side its the same guy sentry at his best is by far the strongest of the herald group no hulk no thor no superman no thing is beating him 1 on 1 at full on power no shot

There was a mod ruling on it a while back. They're separate people.

pym-ftw
I don't think he is. Sentry is stronger, faster, more durable,more powerful, etc.
Sentry isn't stronger, or more powerful, Danvers has stunned him while he was enraged so his very highs as the void in durability are balanced out.

Thor solos for a majority, Wanda makes this a stomp...

quanchi112
i want a whole new series with him rebooted and actually show a good display of power even remotely close to what is stated not just whiney sentry I for sure do not.

quanchi112
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Sentry isn't stronger, or more powerful, Danvers has stunned him while he was enraged so his very highs as the void in durability are balanced out.

Thor solos for a majority, Wanda makes this a stomp... Yes, he is. I mean he took down asgard while restraining Thor. He also burned out the Hulk prior to discovering far more potent abilities.

Thor needs an entire team to even make a fight of it. He still loses.

yaadaveyaa
ok number 1 sentry and void are the same being i dont care what anyone says it is the same being that needs changed now and sentry is a ton stronger then thor in every single aspect of fighting sorry thor fans

zeel
I don't think he is. Sentry is stronger, faster, more durable,more powerful, etc.

Stronger possibly,yah, more durable hmmm mabey, but more powerful not really.

zeel
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Siege_1.jpg

sentry looks like hes having a bad day there.

-Pr-
ok number 1 sentry and void are the same being i dont care what anyone says it is the same being that needs changed now and sentry is a ton stronger then thor in every single aspect of fighting sorry thor fans

On this forum we separate Sentry from Void. Sorry.

yaadaveyaa
and that needs to be changed is what im saying ^^ that is incorrect it is the same being

Tornatic
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Thor solos for a majority, Wanda makes this a stomp... Lol Thor would not solo Sentry.

quanchi112
Stronger possibly,yah, more durable hmmm mabey, but more powerful not really. Based on ?

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by -Pr-
On this forum we separate Sentry from Void. Sorry.

how would i go about getting this changed because that is 100% incorrect they are the same being and need to be treated as such

tkitna
Sentry at his best (trying not to include the Void in any way) was probably the one we saw throwing down with Photon.

He wins.

-Pr-
how would i go about getting this changed because that is 100% incorrect they are the same being and need to be treated as such

The vs mods came to a consensus about it, so don't expect it to be changed. It was needed, after all, with how inexplicably inconsistent his showings were at times. For reference:

yaadaveyaa
The vs mods came to a consensus about it, so don't expect it to be changed. It was needed, after all, with how inexplicably inconsistent his showings were at times. For reference:

sounds like someone doesnt like sentry and wanted to hamstring him is all that sounds like but thats cool gotta keep the strongest herald of em all down no biggie

-Pr-
sounds like someone doesnt like sentry and wanted to hamstring him is all that sounds like but thats cool gotta keep the strongest herald of em all down no biggie

lol, no, that's not it at all.

And like I said, there were two of us in it. It wasn't one mod unilaterally deciding.

pym-ftw
Sentry doesn't void out on purpose, so its not a viable option on the boards

Same reason we have Pis/Cis rulings...

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry at his best (trying not to include the Void in any way) was probably the one we saw throwing down with Photon.

He wins.
Which makes him what, high herald? Hyperion was also throwing down with Photon and did actually better than Sentry.

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
Which makes him what, high herald? Hyperion was also throwing down with Photon and did actually better than Sentry.

Can you post that fight.

I'm just saying Sentry and Photon were punching each other hard enough to bust planets in the microverse and then Photon bolted before they both decided to take the kid gloves off.

quanchi112
Can you post that fight.

I'm just saying Sentry and Photon were punching each other hard enough to bust planets in the microverse and then Photon bolted before they both decided to take the kid gloves off. Exactly. Sentry was holding back against Photon pre MM. Awesome showing.

abhilegend
Can you post that fight.

I'm just saying Sentry and Photon were punching each other hard enough to bust planets in the microverse and then Photon bolted before they both decided to take the kid gloves off.
Hyperion vs Photon? Here you go

http://img62.imageshack.us/i/genisphysical1.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/genisphysical2.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/i/genisphysical3.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/i/genisphysical4.jpg

And of course there was this scene of Atlas killing him.

There were no planets being blown up, it was just a hyperbolic statement and only a mesa of rock was being destroyed which Cap was trying to dodge in the very next page.
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15434864_1371770-14_vssentry4_super.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15434888_newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

Also Photon didn't bolt out, he was totally un-affected while sentry was on his knees.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15434890_newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

He just BFR'ed sentry for an easy win.

tkitna
Ok so planets didnt actually get destroyed, but that was the measure being used. BFR or whatever, when Sentry said he was going to cut the BS, Photon decided that was a good time to get out of dodge. I'm not saying Sentry would have won (which I doubt), but I would have liked to see what would have happened. Genis might have been worried more about the collateral damage or he might have been unsure of himself. Probably the first, but who knows. Still a good showing in my opinion.

Thanks for the scans too by the way.

quanchi112
Ok so planets didnt actually get destroyed, but that was the measure being used. BFR or whatever, when Sentry said he was going to cut the BS, Photon decided that was a good time to get out of dodge. I'm not saying Sentry would have won (which I doubt), but I would have liked to see what would have happened. Genis might have been worried more about the collateral damage or he might have been unsure of himself. Probably the first, but who knows. Still a good showing in my opinion.

Thanks for the scans too by the way. I think it's telling that as soon as the Sentry decided not to hold back Photon got out of dodge. That was pre MM powers to boot.

abhilegend

Thanks for the scans too by the way.
Yeah, "energy to wreck worlds" have been tossed around in a lot of battles. They are merely hyperbole.

He might've, might not. But in the fight we witnessed photon had the upper hand. Also photon isn't that impressive.

You're welcome.

yaadaveyaa
lol, no, that's not it at all.

And like I said, there were two of us in it. It wasn't one mod unilaterally deciding.

im just giving ya shit he just happens to b my 3rd favorite comic book character is all he doesnt get to choose when he voids out but its still the same being when it happens get the hell out of the way hells let loose but i concede to the void and sentry being the same in forum FOR NOW big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, "energy to wreck worlds" have been tossed around in a lot of battles. They are merely hyperbole.

He might've, might not. But in the fight we witnessed photon had the upper hand. Also photon isn't that impressive.

You're welcome. Wrecking worlds isn't that impressive anyways but what is is holding your own against Photon here while holding back pre MM.

Tony Stark
Bob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.