Skynet vs. The Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
In the very far future, the world is taken over by machines. Half of the world is run by Skynet, half is under the Matrix. An uneasy truce lies between them, their respective machines don't cross over the boundary to the other side.

Skynet however learns that the Matrix houses a human farm called Zion and Skynet perceives such a huge gathering of humans as a threat to itself. So Skynet decides to break the truce, invade the domain controlled by the Matrix, and attacks Zion with every robotic force he has (that we've seen through all 4 terminator movies).

The Matrix retaliates by sending all of it's sentinels against Skynet.

Which computer tyrant annihilates the other's forces? Who wins in the war of machines?

And just to make it more interesting, I wonder what would happen if aliens decided to invade Earth at this exact moment? Let's say the aliens from War of the Worlds. Would the Skynet and Matrix be able to stop an invasion?

Lestov16
I think the matrix machines win because the squiddies give them an aerial advantage nd IDK if the terminators have defense for the lasers

I think the machines and skynet could also take down the aliens, because iirc the heat ray only worked on organic matter (why clothes were left in tact). Then again, IDK , because the martians had the force fields. Toss up

Ascendancy
The sentinels would definitely be capable of taking on pretty much any form of Skynet's machines. They could tear apart the humanoid forms easily and the weaponry the larger machines have would have some difficulty taking down such small, agile bots.

Against the aliens the Skynet/Matrix combo takes the day.

The only thing I just thought about is that Skynet does have some nuclear devices, so that could make things interesting.

marwash22
This thread is built on the flawed premise that Skynet would have any beef at all with the Matrix machines, or vice versa.

anyhow...

Skynet's MO is sending machines back in time to snuff out it's threats before they happen.

Skynet would send T-800's through time to eliminate the cause of the Matrix Machine rebellion so that they never even come into power.

quanchi112
Matrix wins. Great thread. I'd be interested in battlezoning this in the future.

marwash22
Originally posted by quanchi112
Matrix wins. no.

quanchi112
Originally posted by marwash22
no. Hands down.

marwash22
excellent debate, Quan, your argument has swayed me.

quanchi112
excellent debate, Quan, your argument has swayed me. That's what I am here for.

FrothByte
This thread is built on the flawed premise that Skynet would have any beef at all with the Matrix machines, or vice versa.

anyhow...

Skynet's MO is sending machines back in time to snuff out it's threats before they happen.

Skynet would send T-800's through time to eliminate the cause of the Matrix Machine rebellion so that they never even come into power.

The "beef" comes out because Skynet is trying to eradicate humans while the Matrix needs the humans to feed off their energy.

marwash22
Originally posted by FrothByte
In the very far future, the world is taken over by machines. Half of the world is run by Skynet, half is under the Matrix. An uneasy truce lies between them

Skynet however learns that the Matrix houses a human farm called Zion and Skynet perceives such a huge gathering of humans as a threat to itself.

your setup (having an "uneasy truce"wink implies that the two factions don't trust or like each other before the humans are discovered... their truce being uneasy is weird because they're effectively on the same side and shouldn't have a problem coexisting at all UNTIL the human element is discovered.

but whatever, it's not that big of a deal.

Skynet wins.

quanchi112
Are they officially proceeding with another Terminator movie yet ?

quanchi112
Frothbyte, which side do you favor here ?

FrothByte
Frothbyte, which side do you favor here ?

Well as thread starter I normally try to avoid posting my side, but I guess I'd slightly favor the Matrix and it's sentinels, simply because of their flight and agility advantages. I do think it would be a good fight though, since I consider Skynet to have more firepower and more diversity in it's attacks and robots. But yeah, leaning more on the Matrix side.

As for the aliens, I just put that in there as an afterthought. Just thought how kickass it would be for aliens to try to invade us and be surprised when they get confronted with advanced robots instead. lol.

Mindset

anyhow...

Skynet would send T-800's through time to eliminate the cause of the Matrix Machine rebellion so that they never even come into power. /thread

Kazenji
This vs again

its already been done before.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
/thread That isn't a viable option and how well has that fared in the Terminator movies.

juggerman
That isn't a viable option and how well has that fared in the Terminator movies.

Are you sure it isn't? It is Skynet's M.O. and going back and destroying tech is much simpler than hunting down and killing a person with a protector who knows a shit ton about you.

If it is an option Skynet wins. In the very likely event it is not an option Matrix should stomp

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Are you sure it isn't? It is Skynet's M.O. and going back and destroying tech is much simpler than hunting down and killing a person with a protector who knows a shit ton about you.

If it is an option Skynet wins. In the very likely event it is not an option Matrix should stomp Time travel is a loophole to avoid the purpose of the thread. I doubt Skynet could even pinpoint what moment to even strike since human history has become muddled through their domination of mankind.

juggerman
Time travel is a loophole to avoid the purpose of the thread. I doubt Skynet could even pinpoint what moment to even strike since human history has become muddled through their domination of mankind.

It was muddled to the human who lack resources to research such things. Skynet would undoubttedly know the history. It does avoid the thread and normally i'd agree it should not be used but for Skynet it's how they roll. They've used time travel to eliminate opposition in 75% of the movies and even in the t.v. series

quanchi112
It was muddled to the human who lack resources to research such things. Skynet would undoubttedly know the history. It does avoid the thread and normally i'd agree it should not be used but for Skynet it's how they roll. They've used time travel to eliminate opposition in 75% of the movies and even in the t.v. series They have also failed and it's been used against them as well. How would Skynet possibly have access to their history ?

juggerman
They have also failed and it's been used against them as well. How would Skynet possibly have access to their history ?

It was used against them but i don't really see how Skynet would be doing that. In this created universe Skynet and the Matrix co-rule. That means Skynet would have been developed with all the knowledge and info of that world just like it was in it's own universe and would have access to every information source. Iirc they said it infected every computer and basically absorbed every piece of information from them. They would have easily learned when and where the "Solar Machines" were created and by whom

quanchi112
It was used against them but i don't really see how Skynet would be doing that. In this created universe Skynet and the Matrix co-rule. That means Skynet would have been developed with all the knowledge and info of that world just like it was in it's own universe and would have access to every information source. Iirc they said it infected every computer and basically absorbed every piece of information from them. They would have easily learned when and where the "Solar Machines" were created and by whom No, I take it as a merged history with only affecting the pc's from their own universe. They wouldn't know the dates and even if it's so they'd have stolen or copied the time traveling tech by now to combat against such a threat.

juggerman
No, I take it as a merged history with only affecting the pc's from their own universe. They wouldn't know the dates and even if it's so they'd have stolen or copied the time traveling tech by now to combat against such a threat.

I see it as they both came about at around the same time hence their truce. How would they follow when it only allows "living" things to travel? Matrix has no flesh covered robots

quanchi112
I see it as they both came about at around the same time hence their truce. How would they follow when it only allows "living" things to travel? Matrix has no flesh covered robots If it's a merged universe I see no reason why they can't adapt to this technology. I still don't see it this way but maybe the threadstarter will clarify.

Robtard
Skynet. Time Travel. Could also be argued that Skynet just hacks apart The Matrix from the real world.

juggerman
If it's a merged universe I see no reason why they can't adapt to this technology. I still don't see it this way but maybe the threadstarter will clarify.

Skynet couldn't even do so. And it's pretty stupid to invent a machine to travel back in time that requires you to go out of your way to use while the enemy can use it all willy nilly

Originally posted by Robtard
Skynet. Time Travel. Could also be argued that Skynet just hacks apart The Matrix from the real world.

Matrix had real world defenses like those giant squid robots and shit

Robtard
Matrix had real world defenses like those giant squid robots and shit

Humans didn't have too much trouble getting to the battery-cells, which would likely be connected to The Matrix. So a possibly hacking could happen that way.

I'd still say Skynet would use time travel, it's its MO.

quanchi112
Skynet. Time Travel. Could also be argued that Skynet just hacks apart The Matrix from the real world. Ridiculous thy name is rob of the tards.

quanchi112
Skynet couldn't even do so. And it's pretty stupid to invent a machine to travel back in time that requires you to go out of your way to use while the enemy can use it all willy nilly

Matrix had real world defenses like those giant squid robots and shit Matrix seemed superior to Skynet imo so I wouldn't rule it out. In any event I don't make it a habit of arguing out of speculation. I still don't see time travel as a viable option.

the ninjak
If Skynet can be defeated by the human resistance then it doesn't stand a chance against the complexities of the Matrix.

Robtard
Ridiculous thy name is rob of the tards.

As usual you can't counter the points I brought up so you just try to troll with silly nonsense games.

FrothByte
If it's a merged universe I see no reason why they can't adapt to this technology. I still don't see it this way but maybe the threadstarter will clarify.

The original concept was that Skynet and the Matrix came about at roughly the same time and tried to take over the world at the same time, but since they are both high tech computers, they managed to firewall their systems enough such that the other party has no decent intel on the other. Only knowledge they have of each other is what they physically see, and since they don't cross the boundary they don't see much of the other side.

As for time travel, it should be noted that Skynet only resorted to time travel once they were close to defeat. IIRC, in the first terminator movie Reese says that the terminator was sent back in time as a last effort by Skynet as the humans were already about to win. But even if Skynet did send a terminator back in time, like I said, both AI's only know superficial information about each other and thus Skynet may not have detailed info enough to know how exactly the Matrix came to be.

Just like Skynet, where no one person was responsible for it's rise (even killing Dyson didn't stop Skynet from coming into being) I believe that it's true for the Matrix as well. There isn't a rebel leader that SKynet can assassinate to end the Matrix. The matrix probably evolved from a host of humans working together and I seriously doubt that Skynet can eliminate ever strand connected to the Matrix's past.

Lestov16
So if it were just machine vs machine, Matrix would win, but if Skynet get time travel, they win.

marwash22
As usual you can't counter the points I brought up so you just try to troll with silly nonsense games.

thumb up

he can't counter the time travel argument.

this thread is over.

estahuh

jinXed by JaNx
neo destroys skynet single handedly. matrix machines also destroy skynet. skynet is the most dumb and impractical AI system in movie history.

marwash22
^ this takes place in the "real world", the Neo you're referring to is a program... there are no programs in this thread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
If Skynet can be defeated by the human resistance then it doesn't stand a chance against the complexities of the Matrix. Exactly.

quanchi112
As usual you can't counter the points I brought up so you just try to troll with silly nonsense games. No, the threadstarter backed me up and said their histories are both muddy waters ie. they have no idea when to send them back. it was also a last ditch effort so even bringing it up means they have zero faith in skynet.

Lestov16
So basically without time travel (which is clearly what the OP meant without you twisting his words) Skynet loses /thread

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
So basically without time travel (which is clearly what the OP meant without you twisting his words) Skynet loses /thread Even with time travel they will have no idea at which point to even travel back to since they rewrote history.

Lestov16
Even with time travel they will have no idea at which point to even travel back to since they rewrote history.

Truth.

Also you think that with time travel, Skynet could just go back to the Neolithic Revolution and pwn humanity without effort. They're so useless with their time travel. They're like the Borg in First Contact, but dumber.

Robtard
Truth.

Also you think that with time travel, Skynet could just go back to the Neolithic Revolution and pwn humanity without effort. They're so useless with their time travel. They're like the Borg in First Contact, but dumber.

Not truth.

Skynet would then erase itself from existence. It's not that stupid.

marwash22
Even with time travel they will have no idea at which point to even travel back to since they rewrote history. the hell are you talking about?

marwash22
So basically without time travel (which is clearly what the OP meant without you twisting his words) Skynet loses /thread i don't give a shit what the OP meant, the only thing that matters is what he said. It's not my fault that people don't put more thought into the threads they make.

overlooking time travel was dumb.

Matrix loses. erm

quanchi112
Truth.

Also you think that with time travel, Skynet could just go back to the Neolithic Revolution and pwn humanity without effort. They're so useless with their time travel. They're like the Borg in First Contact, but dumber. They are incredibly stupid with time travel. I mean they have failed countless times to kill one woman and one man. Horrible.

quanchi112
the hell are you talking about? Matrix has addled history by putting the humans in that era despite it being far past that time in reality. Skynet can't go back in time here.

Robtard
Someone didn't pay attention yet again. It was predestined, Judgement Day, John leading the humans to victory.

You want to watch T3 again, or watch it for the first time.

quanchi112
Someone didn't pay attention yet again. It was predestined, Judgement Day, John leading the humans to victory.

You want to watch T3 again, or watch it for the first time. Just as the Matrix is predestined. LOL at Skynet fighting against fate. Matrix crushes them. To fail to kill one human. What a weak A. I.

marwash22
Quan, please leave.

Robtard
Just as the Matrix is predestined. LOL at Skynet fighting against fate. Matrix crushes them. To fail to kill one human. What a weak A. I.

Skynet was bound to lose, it had to, just as Judgement Day had to happen (see T3).This thread does away with the predestined crap.

Skynet wins via easily via time travel. Accept and move on (you won't). Cry more now.

quanchi112
Quan, please leave. Concession accepted.

quanchi112
Skynet was bound to lose, it had to, just as Judgement Day had to happen (see T3).This thread does away with the predestined crap.

Skynet wins via easily via time travel. Accept and move on (you won't). Cry more now. Based on the films they can't even kill one person they hone in on. LOL. History is also altered by Matrix. That's just one lost terminator.

marwash22
Concession accepted. i conceded that you were an idiot a long time ago.

quanchi112
i conceded that you were an idiot a long time ago. You are clearly a terminator fanboy who is clearly upset. Time travel failed every time they used it. LOL. Matrix's history is addled. /thread.

Robtard
Based on the films they can't even kill one person they hone in on. LOL. History is also altered by Matrix. That's just one lost terminator.

Yeah, what I figured, you failed to understand the films.

quanchi112
Yeah, what I figured, you failed to understand the films. No, I clearly understand them. You cite methods in two movies now but ignore the results by these methods. In closing you are really slow witted.

Robtard
No, I clearly understand them. You cite methods in two movies now but ignore the results by these methods. In closing you are really slow witted.

Incorrect. you failed to grasp what was literally said (if you watched T3, which I suspect you didn't now). LoL, resorting to personal attacks, it's all you have, besides the usual tears.

quanchi112
Incorrect. you failed to grasp what was literally said (if you watched T3, which I suspect you didn't now). LoL, resorting to personal attacks, it's all you have, besides the usual tears. So now your point is they can't change what was going to happen and still have the balls to argue they can do so to the Matrix. Are you serious ?

FrothByte
i don't give a shit what the OP meant, the only thing that matters is what he said. It's not my fault that people don't put more thought into the threads they make.

overlooking time travel was dumb.

Matrix loses. erm

I didn't ban time travel, but if you want a better analogy of why time travel won't work then it's simply because:

The fact that the Matrix is already existing in the current timeline means that any and all attempts to destroy it in the past has failed. Any terminator sent back through time will fail in destroying the Matrix simply because the Matrix already exists in the future, which means that the Matrix is predestined to survive up till the current timeline.

That's the same reason why Skynet didn't fall even if Dyson was killed in T2. Judgement day and Skynet had to pass regardless of what was done in the past.

Same is true in this scenario.

Robtard
So now your point is they can't change what was going to happen and still have the balls to argue they can do so to the Matrix. Are you serious ?

Predestined crap is obviously not in this thread. Stop being so stupid.

quanchi112
I didn't ban time travel, but if you want a better analogy of why time travel won't work then it's simply because:

The fact that the Matrix is already existing in the current timeline means that any and all attempts to destroy it at it's origins failed. Any terminator sent back through time will fail in destroying the Matrix simply because the Matrix already exists in the future, which means that the Matrix is predestined to survive up till the current timeline.

That's the same reason why Skynet didn't fall even if Dyson was killed in T2. Judgement day and Skynet had to pass regardless of what was done in the past.

Same is true in this scenario. thumb up

Marwash and robtard are probably crying. Robbie is so damned hypocritical but I pointed it out a post above. Thanks for the assist.

quanchi112
Predestined crap is obviously not in this thread. Stop being so stupid. Wrong. The same rules applies to the Matrix as it did to judgment day. You don't comprehend what you even post at a theoretical level. Marwash rarely if ever posts in a versus matchup but I can now see why. Cry. Originally posted by FrothByte

The fact that the Matrix is already existing in the current timeline means that any and all attempts to destroy it in the past has failed. Any terminator sent back through time will fail in destroying the Matrix simply because the Matrix already exists in the future, which means that the Matrix is predestined to survive up till the current timeline.

marwash22

Same is true in this scenario. lolwut. you're making shit up.

quanchi112
lolwut. you're making shit up. Let the crying begin.

marwash22
Predestined crap is obviously not in this thread. Stop being so stupid. thumb up

Quan is a clown.

Robtard

So you made a thread with the premise that The Matrix is predestined to win.

What's the point then? Of course The Matrix wins if you're saying that the OP meant it can't lose all along.

quanchi112
thumb up

Quan is a clown. The op already reiterated my point/logic. It's the same reason that Skynet couldn't stop John Connor because he exists in the future you want to pretend doesn't count here. Just stick to the off topic thread. You are way out of your element.

marwash22
Let the crying begin. You have me confused with someone who will go back and forth with you for 10 pages about stupid shit.

talk to me when you have a legitimate argument to make.

quanchi112
You have me confused with someone who will go back and forth with you for 10 pages about stupid shit.

talk to me when you have a legitimate argument to make. I already destroyed your time travel argument. Same reason it never worked on John Connor it won't work on the Matrix. Done.

quanchi112

What's the point then? Of course The Matrix wins if you're saying that the OP meant it can't lose all along. You really can't comprehend what it is he is saying. He isn't saying Matrix wins but that this tactic will fail for the same reasons it failed against John Connor. Hypocrites and fanboys ignore this.

Robtard
Ssshh. Adults are talking, once it's settled, you can continue with your rage-cry. Good.

quanchi112
Ssshh. Adults are talking, once it's settled, you can continue with your rage-cry. Good. I have to explain to you what it is he is saying. You think wah you are saying the terminators lose when he explained the rationale behind why that tactic won't work. it's simple or so i thought but the fanboy sees past logic and reasoning only to the outcome. dark road.

Robtard
I have to explain to you what it is he is saying. You think wah you are saying the terminators lose when he explained the rationale behind why that tactic won't work. it's simple or so i thought but the fanboy sees past logic and reasoning only to the outcome. dark road.

Once again you failed to grasp the implications of what he said and I have to hold your hand and explain it to you. He didn't "ban" time travel, but he effectively made a ruling that time travel will be useless in this fight. Which we know from 3 Terminator films that time travel is Skynet's MO. So he's effectively neutering Skynet from the start and it's a no contest.

Now go away, as I said the adults are talking.

FrothByte

What's the point then? Of course The Matrix wins if you're saying that the OP meant it can't lose all along.

No. I made a thread where both Skynet and Matrix are alive and well at the present. That means that they both survived whatever attempts have been made in the past to shut them down. The predestined stuff comes in when you try to use time travelling back to the past to shut one of them down, regardless of whether it be Skynet or Matrix. Fact that they are both fully operational at present means that they were predestined to survive up till this point.

So what I'm trying to say here is, time travelling to disable one or the other from the past just isn't going to work. So let's focus instead on discussing who wins in an all out battle in the present.

FrothByte
lolwut. you're making shit up.

Just about every time travel movie/book/concept has used the same theory as I just pointed out. Even T3 used the same logic. Watch Time Machine if you want a clearer explanation.

Robtard
No. I made a thread where both Skynet and Matrix are alive and well at the present. That means that they both survived whatever attempts have been made in the past to shut them down. The predestined stuff comes in when you try to use time travelling back to the past to shut one of them down, regardless of whether it be Skynet or Matrix. Fact that they are both fully operational at present means that they were predestined to survive up till this point.

So what I'm trying to say here is, time travelling to disable one or the other from the past just isn't going to work. So let's focus instead on discussing who wins in an all out battle in the present.

ie You're not allowing Skynet's greatest strength from the OP cos of the predestined notion. Which is silly in a Vs match.

Time Travel could work here without it, as it's possible for Skynet to go back in time defeat The Matrix in the pas and create an alternate future time-line for itself (watch Star Trek as an example).

Lestov16
If John Connor could obtain time-travel tech and use it to counter Skynet time travel, there's no way in hell an army of squiddies shouldn't be able to do the same.

Robtard
If John Connor could obtain time-travel tech and use it to counter Skynet time travel, there's no way in hell an army of squiddies shouldn't be able to do the same.

The humans did so by fighting and taking over one of Skynets "time-displacement" facilities (I think that's the word Kyle used in T1), which we learned it was predestined they would in T3.

There's no way of saying that the Matrix squids will luck into this, or know how to use one if they happen to find and take one over.

quanchi112
Once again you failed to grasp the implications of what he said and I have to hold your hand and explain it to you. He didn't "ban" time travel, but he effectively made a ruling that time travel will be useless in this fight. Which we know from 3 Terminator films that time travel is Skynet's MO. So he's effectively neutering Skynet from the start and it's a no contest.

Now go away, as I said the adults are talking. I know that's exactly what I said. he said the tactic would be worthless here since they can't stop the Matrix anymore than they stopped John Connor. You really lack comprehension skills.

I had to spoonfeed to you what he meant. You took it as he decided the winner when he just explained how useless the tactic was just like in the terminator movies. Irony.

quanchi112
ie You're not allowing Skynet's greatest strength from the OP cos of the predestined notion. Which is silly in a Vs match.

Time Travel could work here without it, as it's possible for Skynet to go back in time defeat The Matrix in the pas and create an alternate future time-line for itself (watch Star Trek as an example). Hahaha. Forget the terminator films but instead watch time star trek. You are a fanboy of the highest order.

Kazenji
Skynet all the way.

FrothByte

Time Travel could work here without it, as it's possible for Skynet to go back in time defeat The Matrix in the pas and create an alternate future time-line for itself (watch Star Trek as an example).

The T3 and T4 movies have already addressed this issue. No matter what people/machines do in the past, they can only postpone the future but they can't alter it. This isn't Star Trek. All I'm doing is using rules already established in the terminator movies. I don't understand why you keep insisting that time travelling to the past can change anything despite the fact that 4 terminator movies have already proven otherwise.

And again, Skynet only resorted to time travel once they were about to be destroyed. Are you telling me that without the time travel, you believe the Matrix to have the upperhand in an all out war?

Lestov16

Same is true in this scenario. thumb up

juggerman
Matrix wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Skynet all the way. How ?

the ninjak
I've argued this before TIME TRAVEL SHOULD NOT BE PERMITTED IN VS THREADS.

Why?

1. It's leaving the battleground. BFR. Battlefield Removal.
2. Sending soldiers back in time alters the future in myriad ways. And destroys the battleground the present fight is taking place in.
3. Just what will the Terminators do to stop the machines from the Matrix from achieving their destiny anyways?

Time Travel is a poor reason to give Skynet a win in this fight. Besides if the humans received Time Travel tech in the Sarah Conner Chronicles it shouldn't be hard for the enemy to as well.

The machines in the Matrix Universe are more devastating as a force. More intelligent and more manipulative.
Skynet struggled with the human resistance whereas the machines from the Matrixverse utterly enslaved them and had no fear of their small human resistance.

Matrix wins this. The Sentinels would overwhelm most of Skynet's machines. And the Terminator universes' AI just doesn't compare.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
I've argued this before TIME TRAVEL SHOULD NOT BE PERMITTED IN VS THREADS.

Why?

1. It's leaving the battleground. BFR. Battlefield Removal.
2. Sending soldiers back in time alters the future in myriad ways. And destroys the battleground the present fight is taking place in.
3. Just what will the Terminators do to stop the machines from the Matrix from achieving their destiny anyways?

Time Travel is a poor reason to give Skynet a win in this fight. Besides if the humans received Time Travel tech in the Sarah Conner Chronicles it shouldn't be hard for the enemy to as well.

The machines in the Matrix Universe are more devastating as a force. More intelligent and more manipulative.
Skynet struggled with the human resistance whereas the machines from the Matrixverse utterly enslaved them and had no fear of their small human resistance.

Matrix wins this. The Sentinels would overwhelm most of Skynet's machines. And the Terminator universes' AI just doesn't compare. It is completely ridiculous too and defeats the whole purpose of the thread anyway. I just entertained it due to rob's whole "my guys must win because I like them more type mentality."

Rob's going to continue to cry though since his fave lost. Prepare yourself to comfort a grown tard.

Robtard
The T3 and T4 movies have already addressed this issue. No matter what people/machines do in the past, they can only postpone the future but they can't alter it. This isn't Star Trek. All I'm doing is using rules already established in the terminator movies. I don't understand why you keep insisting that time travelling to the past can change anything despite the fact that 4 terminator movies have already proven otherwise.

And again, Skynet only resorted to time travel once they were about to be destroyed. Are you telling me that without the time travel, you believe the Matrix to have the upperhand in an all out war?

You're ignoring that the time travel issue not working was due to the humans needing to win, cos they're the heroes and the movie isn't going to end in a down note. 'The hero must win' rules don't apply in the MVF, The Matrix isn't the hero here; those same "time travel didn't work against humanity" rules shouldn't apply to them.

That's the movie, if you're going to dictate that Skynet has to follow the same rules as it did in the film despite this being an entirely different scenario, then it's telling.

And no, without time travel Skynet still wins, it has nukes and it has machines that can hack into and control other machines.

quanchi112
You're ignoring that the time travel issue not working was due to the humans needing to win, cos they're the heroes and the movie isn't going to end in a down note. 'The hero must win' rules don't apply in the MVF, The Matrix isn't the hero here; those same "time travel didn't work against humanity" rules shouldn't apply to them.

That's the movie, if you're going to dictate that Skynet has to follow the same rules as it did in the film despite this being an entirely different scenario, then it's telling.

And no, without time travel Skynet still wins, it has nukes and it has machines that can hack into and control other machines. So you cried over a tactic not being used despite believing Skynet wins anyways ? laughing out loud

Robtard
So you cried over a tactic not being used despite believing Skynet wins anyways ? laughing out loud

It's the principle of fairness, you wouldn't understand with your constant 'argument from bias' approach.

Now go try and troll elsewhere, adults are discussing a decent match without troll attempts and rantings.

juggerman
And no, without time travel Skynet still wins, it has nukes and it has machines that can hack into and control other machines.

Oh shit son i forgot about nukes. I think i have to alter my answer. Besides Skynet could just target the "human fields" effectively cutting off the Matrix' power supply.

I'm still leaning toward Matrix but Skynet isn't getting stomped

Robtard
Oh shit son i forgot about nukes. I think i have to alter my answer. Besides Skynet could just target the "human fields" effectively cutting off the Matrix' power supply.

thumb up

quanchi112
It's the principle of fairness, you wouldn't understand with your constant 'argument from bias' approach.

Now go try and troll elsewhere, adults are discussing a decent match without troll attempts and rantings. So a tactic in which the two sides never oppose each other is fair while ignoring the same principles it didn't work in it's own movies.

laughing out loud

quanchi112

thumb up Rob has just changed sides. Finally.

Robtard
So a tactic in which the two sides never oppose each other is fair while ignoring the same principles it didn't work in it's own movies.

laughing out loud

Marwash already covered that. Already covered "the villain loses" clause not applying in the MVF.

Keep clowning and trying to ruin yet another thread, or you can try and add something on topic to why your favorite wins.

Robtard
Rob has just changed sides. Finally.

/derp

quanchi112
Marwash already covered that. Already covered "the villain loses" clause not applying in the MVF.

Keep clowning and trying to ruin yet another thread, or you can try and add something on topic to why your favorite wins. It has nothing to do with that. The reason it fails at it's core is because they already existed so they can't stop it just like with the Matrix. marwash just cracks jokes he can't debate worth a shit.

quanchi112
/derp You gave his entire post a thumbs up in which he still leans towards the Matrix.

Robtard
You gave his entire post a thumbs up in which he still leans towards the Matrix.

It was towards his open-mindedness and willingness to listen.

It has nothing to do with that. The reason it fails at it's core is because they already existed so they can't stop it just like with the Matrix. marwash just cracks jokes he can't debate worth a shit.

/derp

This is actually a decent match up, so I'm just going to ignore your clowning in this one, as to not derail it and reply to others that actually want to have a discussion. No hard feelings.

quanchi112
It was towards his open-mindedness and willingness to listen.

/derp

This is actually a decent match up, so I'm just going to ignore your clowning in this one, as to not derail it and reply to others that actually want to have a discussion. No hard feelings. No, you switched sides again.

Matrix wins. Far too many Sentinels here and with their maneuverability it's a win for the Matrix. They easily took over their earth while Skynet was losing to the human resistance and had to resort to repeated time travel fail to try and beat them.

Ignore me because you can't out debate me.

Scarlet Fox
I had made a large post about how the Sentinels would win in this over the Terminators but as I was about to hit 'Enter' something occured to me. I have never seen the Sentinels use any kind of 'Firepower' other than the laser they use to crack open the hull of a ship. With this in mind my whole thought on it changes. I WAS going to say Sentinels win. But since they attack physically and not with any weapons I would have to say it is tougher.

The Sentinels have more Maneuverability(sc?) then the Terminators. However the Terminators have superior weapons systems. T-800 have superior targeting. The T-1000 would be half way to imposible for a Sentinel to kill since it is Liquid Metal. And the T-X, with its superior design and weapons over all the previos T-Models, would be the biggest challenge.

The T-800 could be swarmed though.. So they would be considered the Grunt soldiers in this.

The T-1000 would be hard to kill but not immpossible. The sentinel lasers on their 'bellys' should be enough heat to damage a T-1000 Liquid Metal systems but also the T-1000 is the superior T-Model in close combat since it creates weapons that could hack/slash the Sentinels.

The T-X is far stronger then the previous models. Higher Durability. Integrated Weapon systems. And has the ability to take over other machines.

It is difficult to make an honest decision based on feats from both sides.

Sentinels have numbers while the T-Models are superior machines over all just fewer. The problem for the Sentinels would be how many could an army of Terminators take out before the Sentinels get within melee range?

If you look to the movies they seem to have an endless supply of Sentinels but the humans still managed to kill hundres, maybe thousands, before they were defeated. But they were humans self targeting and squishy flesh.

It comes to a simple question. Which would win? Numbers or Superior firepower?

Robtard
No, you switched sides again.

Matrix wins. Far too many Sentinels here and with their maneuverability it's a win for the Matrix. They easily took over their earth while Skynet was losing to the human resistance and had to resort to repeated time travel fail to try and beat them.

Ignore me because you can't out debate me.

/derp

Finally, an on topic reply. good job, Quanchi. It took one emp to wipe out thousands and thousands and thousands of squids in the final fight. Skynet has nukes. Even a damaged Terminator could potentially wipe out squids as it dies (see T3). So no, Matrix squids go down in droves, easily too.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp

Finally, an on topic reply. good job, Quanchi. It took one emp to wipe out thousands and thousands and thousands of squids in the final fight. Skynet has nukes. Even a damaged Terminator could potentially wipe out squids as it dies (see T3). So no, Matrix squids go down in droves, easily too.

/derp They have massive numbers and can afford to lose them in droves. watch Matrix 3 to see how many go down without it making one lick of a difference. The entire T force can't even wipe out a single human. The Matrix dominates the human race while the Terminators are their whipping machines.

Superior numbers/maneuverability and a smarter A.I. makes this a wrap.

Robtard
They have massive numbers and can afford to lose them in droves. watch Matrix 3 to see how many go down without it making one lick of a difference. The entire T force can't even wipe out a single human. The Matrix dominates the human race while the Terminators are their whipping machines.

Superior numbers/maneuverability and a smarter A.I. makes this a wrap.

Watch Matrix 3 and see the vast squid army go down to a single EMP blast.

Nukes = win. Condolences.

quanchi112
Watch Matrix 3 and see the vast squid army go down to a single EMP blast.

Nukes = win. Condolences. One blast didn't even dent their army. LOL. The humans were nothing to them. The terminators who are <<<small human resistance aren't on the same field as the Matrix.

Robtard
One blast didn't even dent their army. LOL. The humans were nothing to them. The terminators who are <<<small human resistance aren't on the same field as the Matrix.

The hell are you talking about, when The Hammer punches through into Zion and sets off its EMP, it knocks out all the squids in the area; we see them falling down like rain; that was just one EMP. Skynet has shitloads of nukes, which also destroy besides let loose an EMP.

Just a matter of enough nukes.

quanchi112
The hell are you talking about, when The Hammer punches through into Zion and sets off its EMP, it knocks out all the squids in the area; we see them falling down like rain; that was just one EMP. Skynet has shitloads of nukes, which also destroy besides let loose an EMP.

Just a matter of enough nukes. That's what the Sentinels or the Mtarix wanted. waste their weapons and then destroy them. Did you miss the part where the general was pissed at them for imploring such a stupid come and get me now tactic.

Robtard
That's what the Sentinels or the Mtarix wanted. waste their weapons and then destroy them. Did you miss the part where the general was pissed at them for imploring such a stupid come and get me now tactic.

Luckily for Skynet, it has more than a single nuke.

Because the EMP also knocked down Zion's defenses. Did you miss that crucial part?

quanchi112
Luckily for Skynet, it has more than a single nuke.

Because the EMP also knocked down Zion's defenses. Did you miss that crucial part? Their numbers will sustain the nukes. Watch matrix 3 again. How many nukes do the Terminators have in their arsenal in the future ?

FrothByte
I was considering the nuke option of Skynet and thought that would give them the edge, but then I thought: Don't us humans have nukes too? And yet the Matrix was able to dominate the human race, meaning they must have some way to protect or fight against nukes.

Robtard
I was considering the nuke option of Skynet and thought that would give them the edge, but then I thought: Don't us humans have nukes too? And yet the Matrix was able to dominate the human race, meaning they must have some way to protect or fight against nukes.

Going from the films, EMP blast take out the squids no problem.

Robtard
Their numbers will sustain the nukes. Watch matrix 3 again.

How many nukes do the Terminators have in their arsenal in the future ?

That's just pure speculation, Skynet has more nukes than the handful of EMP blast we see the humans employ, which they save for critical moments. Which tells us they don't have many.

Skynet can make its own nukes. Watch the Terminator films.

quanchi112
That's just pure speculation, Skynet has more nukes than the handful of EMP blast we see the humans employ, which they save for critical moments. Which tells us they don't have many.

Skynet can make its own nukes. Watch the Terminator films. So you don't know yet want to argue they take out a vastly superior numerical advantage despite it not working against a smaller inferior resistance.

It doesn't make sense. You can pretend they have 300 nukes but you can't prove it. Sorry. So sad.

Robtard
So you don't know yet want to argue they take out a vastly superior numerical advantage despite it not working against a smaller inferior resistance.

It doesn't make sense. You can pretend they have 300 nukes but you can't prove it. Sorry. So sad.

LoL, you want me to give you a specific exact number? That's obviously impossible. But did you miss the fact that Skynet can manufacture nukes? You did. Watch the Terminator films again.

How many squids does The Matrix have? Tell me an exact number or there's no squids. <--- This is your type of clown debate tactic. It is indeed sad.

FrothByte
Going from the films, EMP blast take out the squids no problem.

Yes. The EMP blast should work. Not sure though how that same EMP blast would affect the Terminators around. The EMP blast that the humans used against the sentinels disabled everything electro-mechanical within range. WOuldn't that disable Skynet's forces as well?

Robtard
Yes. The EMP blast should work. Not sure though how that same EMP blast would affect the Terminators around. The EMP blast that the humans used against the sentinels disabled everything electro-mechanical within range. WOuldn't that disable Skynet's forces as well?

IIRC, the T-850 (and T-X) was EMP proof, being upgraded. As Skynet evolved to fight humanity. I'd have to research and get back to you on specifics.

But going on the grounds that Skynet's forces aren't, sacrificing one Skynet ship or unit to take out thousands of squids or a Matrix human-battery-cell is still a massive advantage for Skynet.

quanchi112
LoL, you want me to give you a specific exact number? That's obviously impossible. But did you miss the fact that Skynet can manufacture nukes? You did. Watch the Terminator films again.

How many squids does The Matrix have? Tell me an exact number or there's no squids. <--- This is your type of clown debate tactic. It is indeed sad. This is taking place in the future. It's not in character in the future anyways. you are just trying to look for a way for your side to win.

Thousands. We see them in large droves but we have no idea how many nukes they have in the future. How many have they used in the future ?

Robtard
This is taking place in the future. It's not in character in the future anyways. you are just trying to look for a way for your side to win.

Thousands. We see them in large droves but we have no idea how many nukes they have in the future. How many have they used in the future ?

The hell are you on about? Watch the Terminator films again, okay. I'm talking about Skynet in the future. Also, the US would have had thousands of nukes by the time Skynet went sentient in the past. But that's another argument.

LoL, if you know even the basics of the Terminator franchise, you'd know that Skynet powers its units with nuclear fuel cells. Did you even watch T3 and Salvation? Seems you didn't. Why am I wasting my time with your antics.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
I had made a large post about how the Sentinels would win in this over the Terminators but as I was about to hit 'Enter' something occured to me. I have never seen the Sentinels use any kind of 'Firepower' other than the laser they use to crack open the hull of a ship. With this in mind my whole thought on it changes. I WAS going to say Sentinels win. But since they attack physically and not with any weapons I would have to say it is tougher.

The Sentinels have more Maneuverability(sc?) then the Terminators. However the Terminators have superior weapons systems. T-800 have superior targeting. The T-1000 would be half way to imposible for a Sentinel to kill since it is Liquid Metal. And the T-X, with its superior design and weapons over all the previos T-Models, would be the biggest challenge.

The T-800 could be swarmed though.. So they would be considered the Grunt soldiers in this.

The T-1000 would be hard to kill but not immpossible. The sentinel lasers on their 'bellys' should be enough heat to damage a T-1000 Liquid Metal systems but also the T-1000 is the superior T-Model in close combat since it creates weapons that could hack/slash the Sentinels.

The T-X is far stronger then the previous models. Higher Durability. Integrated Weapon systems. And has the ability to take over other machines.

It is difficult to make an honest decision based on feats from both sides.

Sentinels have numbers while the T-Models are superior machines over all just fewer. The problem for the Sentinels would be how many could an army of Terminators take out before the Sentinels get within melee range?

If you look to the movies they seem to have an endless supply of Sentinels but the humans still managed to kill hundres, maybe thousands, before they were defeated. But they were humans self targeting and squishy flesh.

It comes to a simple question. Which would win? Numbers or Superior firepower?

I had the pleasure of entering the Terminator 2 ride at Universal Studios Japan recently and that event had a gigantic T1000 Spider monster! 30 ft tall and the best 3D I've ever witnessed.

It fought an older Edward Furlong and Arnie whilst they attempted to destroy the Skynet mainframe in the future, and they beat it with nothing more than shooting a coolant tank then shooting it.

If the Matrix team ever became aware of such a threat I'm sure they'll adapt.

stick out tongue

Then there is the hacking. If Terminators can be captured and hacked to fight for the humans. And in the Matrix universe humans needed extensive psychological connections to the machines to gain a slight chance at gaining an ally. That says alot.

I see Matrixverse machine soldiers hacking the crap out of Terminators for they have no concept of personality whatsoever. And when it comes to data the matrixverse wins heavily.

Ascendancy
Rob, normally you do well in your little battles with Quan, but he has utterly destroyed you in this thread in every way possible. Every argument you have posted has been flawed and empty, and you have failed to grasp the basic premises that exist for this vs battle. Please just take a day and exit this thread to get it together.

I definitely wouldn't say that the T-models have superior targeting. They always had quite a time taking down humans, who aren't amazingly quick. Well, minus the fish in a barrel shootout in the police station. The squidies could literally rip them to pieces and move on rather quickly. Agreed that T-1000s and T-Xs would be more of a challenge, but they are far more limited in number, and only the T-X was designed to take on other machines.

The EMP argument really doesn't stand. Neither the machines nor the Matrix machines used them, so to think they would suddenly employ them is a stretch. They were used against the squiddies, but never by the Matrix faction of machines themselves. When taking down human vehicles we see that they went close range or used explosives.

FinalAnswer

As shown in the Animatrix, humanity did launch their nukes against the Machines. They weren't particularly effective.

quanchi112
The hell are you on about? Watch the Terminator films again, okay. I'm talking about Skynet in the future. Also, the US would have had thousands of nukes by the time Skynet went sentient in the past. But that's another argument.

LoL, if you know even the basics of the Terminator franchise, you'd know that Skynet powers its units with nuclear fuel cells. Did you even watch T3 and Salvation? Seems you didn't. Why am I wasting my time with your antics. You are all over the map in your flawed I can't prove anything type arguments. Once time travel was laughed at you went with the nukes argument despite nukes not being used to take out the human resistance itself. Show me an example of what you are arguing for them to do in the latest terminator film. If you can't then you forfeit the debate.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
As shown in the Animatrix, humanity did launch their nukes against the Machines. They weren't particularly effective. It's been a while since I saw that but I do own it. I might have to pop it in but if what you say is true then I am going to berate Robtard even further.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Rob, normally you do well in your little battles with Quan, but he has utterly destroyed you in this thread in every way possible. Every argument you have posted has been flawed and empty, and you have failed to grasp the basic premises that exist for this vs battle. Please just take a day and exit this thread to get it together.

I definitely wouldn't say that the T-models have superior targeting. They always had quite a time taking down humans, who aren't amazingly quick. Well, minus the fish in a barrel shootout in the police station. The squidies could literally rip them to pieces and move on rather quickly. Agreed that T-1000s and T-Xs would be more of a challenge, but they are far more limited in number, and only the T-X was designed to take on other machines.

The EMP argument really doesn't stand. Neither the machines nor the Matrix machines used them, so to think they would suddenly employ them is a stretch. They were used against the squiddies, but never by the Matrix faction of machines themselves. When taking down human vehicles we see that they went close range or used explosives. Profiled for all time.

Robtard

The EMP argument really doesn't stand. Neither the machines nor the Matrix machines used them, so to think they would suddenly employ them is a stretch. They were used against the squiddies, but never by the Matrix faction of machines themselves. When taking down human vehicles we see that they went close range or used explosives.

LoL. Quanchi hasn't really had an original post in here, he's copying Frostbyte's and others sentiments, he's basically just trolling with his antics "you changed sides", "fanboy" etc post. Did you just skim through the thread?

I wasn't the one who mentioned "superior targeting".

Skynet has employed nukes, ie what started "Judgement Day". Nukes set off an EMP when they detonate, besides the heat/blast. The T-Units are powered by nuclear power cells and when they explode, they set off a very nuclear like mushroom cloud (see T3 and Salvation). Skynet is also a "learning computer", it's effectively sentient and adapts. Ignoring all this, would be silly.

quanchi112
LoL. Quanchi hasn't really had an original post in here, he's copying Frostbyte's and others sentiments, he's basically just trolling with his antics "you changed sides", "fanboy" etc post. Did you just skim through the thread?

Skynet has employed nukes, ie what started "Judgement Day". Nukes set off an EMP when they detonate, besides the heat/blast. The T-Units are powered by nuclear power cells and when they explode, they set off a very nuclear like mushroom cloud (see T3 and Salvation). Skynet is also a "learning computer", it's effectively sentient and adapts. Ignoring all this, would be silly. Another poster called it. I destroyed you. he told you to take a few days off. I profiled this comment so you can always remember this day. Only you would argue T's win by the fight not taking place. Time travel, lol.

Lestov16

Skynet has employed nukes, ie what started "Judgement Day". Nukes set off an EMP when they detonate, besides the heat/blast. The T-Units are powered by nuclear power cells and when they explode, they set off a very nuclear like mushroom cloud (see T3 and Salvation). Skynet is also a "learning computer", it's effectively sentient and adapts. Ignoring all this, would be silly.

Kind of hard to activate a power cell when a laser has decapitated you in less than a millisecond.

quanchi112
Kind of hard to activate a power cell when a laser has decapitated you in less than a millisecond. This thread has really embarrassed robbie. I suspect he will hide behind another posters arguments until the shame of this fades into the past.

Lestov16
Every argument you have posted has been flawed and empty, and you have failed to grasp the basic premises that exist for this vs battle. Please just take a day and exit this thread to get it together.

^ can be applied to everything Robtard and Sadako post

quanchi112
^ can be applied to everything Robtard and Sadako post Agreed. I just find it so funny another poster reiterated to take some time off. You can tell his brain is fried and he cries when his faves lose.

Lestov16
They hatin' hard cool

quanchi112
They hatin' hard cool They have both retreated.

Lestov16
They don't want to shame themselves more than they have

Robtard
Another poster called it. I destroyed you. he told you to take a few days off. I profiled this comment so you can always remember this day. Only you would argue T's win by the fight not taking place. Time travel, lol.

Calm down.

Robtard
^ can be applied to everything Robtard and Sadako post

Butthurt is still that heavy with you, eh? Damn.

quanchi112
Calm down. I am opening people's eyes to you.

Ascendancy

As mentioned above, the nukes that humans launched against the machines did almost nothing except scorch the sky.

Secondly, those power cells only explode when directly damaged and allowed to go critical or when the cell is intentionally overloaded. Did you see Terminators exploding left and right during any of the war zone scenes? Did Arnie explode when he was crushed in the press or lowered into molten metal?

As for being a learning computer, great; Skynet still never defeated humanity. The machines in the Matrix have literally reduced the sum of the human population to fewer than 100 individuals on multiple occasions, excluding those kept alive as batteries during any times of re-population. As the father said, they had become "exceedingly efficient" at wiping out almost the entirety of the human race.

Robtard
As mentioned above, the nukes that humans launched against the machines did almost nothing except scorch the sky.

Secondly, those power cells only explode when directly damaged and allowed to go critical or when the cell is intentionally overloaded. Did you see Terminators exploding left and right during any of the war zone scenes? Did Arnie explode when he was crushed in the press or lowered into molten metal?

As for being a learning computer, great; Skynet still never defeated humanity. The machines in the Matrix have literally reduced the sum of the human population to fewer than 100 individuals on multiple occasions, excluding those kept alive as batteries during any times of re-population. As the father said, they had become "exceedingly efficient" at wiping out almost the entirety of the human race.

So the premise is the squids are nuke proof (heat etc), but an emp can take them out, which coincidentally nukes set off as well? Seems kinda silly, no? Also pretty sure the premise was that humanity darkened out the sun via some manner of pollution and this in turn was destructive to them as well. Though I've not seen the film in some time and would have to check to be 100% certain.

We don't see Arnold do a lot, doesn't mean it's out of his realm if the potential is there. Same with Skynet and its access to the United States nuclear arsenal. Just because it only did it once, doesn't mean it can't again. We even see it's capable of building large amounts of nuclear devices.

If the premise is "Skynet can't win since it didn't in the film", then pretty much all villains can't win in a Vs match, cos it's their lot to lose in films.

Humanity in The Matrix was seemingly a lot less capable than humanity in the Terminator franchise. Zion's defenses were laughable, a small amount of mini-mechs armed with machine guns and their operators being fully exposed, a few rocket teams and a few ships armed with apparently one EMP each.

Ascendancy
So the premise is the squids are nuke proof (heat etc), but an emp can take them out, which coincidentally nukes set off as well? Seems kinda silly, no? Also pretty sure the premise was that humanity darkened out the sun via some manner of pollution and this in turn was destructive to them as well. Though I've not seen the film in some time and would have to check to be 100% certain.

We don't see Arnold do a lot, doesn't mean it's out of his realm if the potential is there. Same with Skynet and its access to the United States nuclear arsenal. Just because it only did it once, doesn't mean it can't again. We even see it's capable of building large amounts of nuclear devices.

If the premise is "Skynet can't win since it didn't in the film", then pretty much all villains can't win in a Vs match, cos it's their lot to lose in films.

Humanity in The Matrix was seemingly a lot less capable than humanity in the Terminator franchise. Zion's defenses were laughable, a small amount of mini-mechs armed with machine guns and their operators being fully exposed, a few rocket teams and a few ships armed with apparently one EMP each.

The premise is nukes don't wipe out the machines because they didn't in the film. The film discusses that we nuke them and it did almost nothing, then we launched enough to cause a nuclear winter in hopes of shutting the machines down. The world's arsenal was turned against the machines to negligible effects in the end.

Humanity was weak in the film because the machines weakened them. It's simple: the machines won in the first war, and since have recreated humanity so to speak a number of times. The machines in many ways proved superior to humanity. Neo was literally the only one who could stand directly against them in the real world.

Skynet, on the other hand, was defeated time after time regardless of how the timelines shifted. They were not capable of doing to humanity what the machines in the Matrix accomplished.

Robtard
The premise is nukes don't wipe out the machines because they didn't in the film. The film discusses that we nuke them and it did almost nothing, then we launched enough to cause a nuclear winter in hopes of shutting the machines down. The world's arsenal was turned against the machines to negligible effects in the end.

Humanity was weak in the film because the machines weakened them. It's simple: the machines won in the first war, and since have recreated humanity so to speak a number of times. The machines in many ways proved superior to humanity. Neo was literally the only one who could stand directly against them in the real world.

Skynet, on the other hand, was defeated time after time regardless of how the timelines shifted. They were not capable of doing to humanity what the machines in the Matrix accomplished.

Fair enough. Can you find a vid or link the script that specifically claims humanity launched an all out nuclear war against the Matrix/machines? Cos we clearly see the squids get taken down in droves by just am EMP blast. A actual nuke would do far more. Though that logic is really no different than saying: "Conan (1982) was never defeated by a sword, so any opponent he's matched against with a sword can't defeat him."

That's pretty linear logic. Matrix beat humanity, ergo Matrix beats Skynet. When it seems humanity did it's fair share of damaging itself when trying to wipe out the machines.

Skynet brought humanity to near extinction as well, Kyle mentions this in the first film, iirc, it's the scene where he and Sarah are taking shelter under some bridge.

quanchi112
This is hilarious now Robbie is still arguing despite nukes themselves being ineffective. Just shut up troll. You have been annihilated and embarrassed exposing yourself as a girlie fanboy.

Lestov16
Fair enough. Can you find a vid or link the script that specifically claims humanity launched an all out nuclear war against the Matrix/machines? Cos we clearly see the squids get taken down in droves by just am EMP blast. A actual nuke would do far more. Though that logic is really no different than saying: "Conan (1982) was never defeated by a sword, so any opponent he's matched against with a sword can't defeat him."

That's pretty linear logic. Matrix beat humanity, ergo Matrix beats Skynet. When it seems humanity did it's fair share of damaging itself when trying to wipe out the machines.

Skynet brought humanity to near extinction as well, Kyle mentions this in the first film, iirc, it's the scene where he and Sarah are taking shelter under some bridge.

LOL your argument is beyond idiotic. If we are arguing which humans put up the better fight, I'd say the ones who had EMPs, floating ships, and Mechs were far better than the ones who only had automatic weapons. And nukes didn't work on the machines, so they won't here. Unless you're willing to argue that it will wipe out Skynet as well.

Robtard
This is hilarious now Robbie is still arguing despite nukes themselves being ineffective. Just shut up troll. You have been annihilated and embarrassed exposing yourself as a girlie fanboy.

Proof that nukes are ineffective? Just an EMP blast takes them out no problem.

Robtard
LOL your argument is beyond idiotic. If we are arguing which humans put up the better fight, I'd say the ones who had EMPs, floating ships, and Mechs were far better than the ones who only had automatic weapons. And nukes didn't work on the machines, so they won't here. Unless you're willing to argue that it will wipe out Skynet as well.

LoL, I see what your problem is(besides massive lingering butthurt over old shit), you've not seen or don't recall the Terminator films. There's energy based weapons in the future, we see them in the flashbacks in T1.

Proof that nukes don't work on the machines? Because we for certain know that a single EMP can take out waves of them.

Lestov16
Proof that nukes are ineffective?

Proof that they are going to bring humanity's entire nuclear arsenal to Zion with them? Will that nuclear arsenal even exist in the very far future where Earth has been conquered?

Robtard
Proof that they are going to bring humanity's entire nuclear arsenal to Zion with them? Will that nuclear arsenal even exist in the very far future where Earth has been conquered?

You need to calm down; stop trying to be so bellicose with every post.

Also, this fight can't happen if Skynet has to attack Zion first. Zion is buried miles underground and as far as I know, Skynet doesn't make massive drilling platforms.

So the only aspect that's left is this:

And just to make it more interesting, I wonder what would happen if aliens decided to invade Earth at this exact moment? Let's say the aliens from War of the Worlds. Would the Skynet and Matrix be able to stop an invasion?

Aliens dominate until they get affected by a human virus. If that angle is out, they destroy Skynet and The Matrix armies with impunity.

Lestov16
invade the domain controlled by the Matrix, and attacks Zion with every robotic force he has (that we've seen through all 4 terminator movies).

The Matrix retaliates by sending all of it's sentinels against Sky.net.

If Skynet try to drill their way to Zion, picking them off will be like shooting fish in a barrel, and drilling is pretty much the only way to get there.

"Fight can't happen"=Matrix wins

Robtard
If Skynet try to drill their way to Zion, picking them off will be like shooting fish in a barrel, and drilling is pretty much the only way to get there.

"Fight can't happen"=Matrix wins

There's nothing to suggest that Skynet has massive drilling machines.

Fight can't happen means the fight can't happen. Not "the thread was made with a stipulation that one opponent can't fulfill so I get pick my favorite to win."

Aliens defeat both machine factions, unless the virus factor is in.

Lestov16
No the fight happens. It's "Terminators fail to infiltrate Zion, so machines deploy every sentinel to the surface for revenge for trying". laughing You are so butthurt you are trying to invalidate the thread itself because your fav lost here. Grow up child.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>