Reaching.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Hulk, Thor, Superman, Captain Marvel, Hal Jordan, Silver Surfer, Sinestro, X-Man, Sentry..........at their best these are just a few examples of what I would call elite high heralds. The cream of the crop, these heroes are the go to guys for their respective universes. Literal powerhouses each, with varying powersets and characteristics they have displayed time and time again that they are a force to be reckoned with. Often times thru plot, furthering storylines, inept writers, or what have you. These characters transcend their ranks and perform feats that eclipse their peers, placing them firmly into the trans tier and beyond...for a time. Until they are brought back down to a more easily written level.

My question to the forum is who out of these characters (and others that you may think of) has the potential and overall likelihood to permanently remain at that level. As a natural progression of the character, not something forced thru plot.

Who can and under their own power not thru some outside force permanently move up the ranks?

CosmicComet
I would say Surfer.

-Pr-
Any out of Surfer, Thor, Sentry and Superman, imo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Any out of Surfer, Thor, Sentry and Superman, imo.

the only problem i have with thor is that i dont see that happeneing outside of artifacts or his fathers death. Superman yes, thru continued sunlight absorption, sentry is easily forseen, and norrin is a given.

-Pr-
I don't think It would be hard to write Thor as a trans level character at all, tbh, but that's me. All they'd have to do is focus more on his casting abilities.

Sin I AM
I don't think It would be hard to write Thor as a trans level character at all, tbh, but that's me. All they'd have to do is focus more on his casting abilities.

casting?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
casting?

His exotic powers using the hammer. Sorry, used an rpg term.

Sin I AM
His exotic powers using the hammer. Sorry, used an rpg term.

You know marvel has an old rpg game similar to D&D. In a scenario we ran thru, i created a storyline where mjolnir was actually just a manifestation of thors powers. I theorized that everything that it (the hammer) was able to do Thor could do on his own...he just put mental blocks on himself (similar to what clark and hulk do) that made him reliant on the weapon. I think thats a good angle that a writer could run with.

-Pr-
You know marvel has an old rpg game similar to D&D. In a scenario we ran thru, i created a storyline where mjolnir was actually just a manifestation of thors powers. I theorized that everything that it (the hammer) was able to do Thor could do on his own...he just put mental blocks on himself (similar to what clark and hulk do) that made him reliant on the weapon. I think thats a good angle that a writer could run with.

I like that idea, tbh. Way too many people say he's reliant on the hammer.

TheLordofMurder
Thor is the offspring of an elite Skyfather and an Elder God...

As a result it would be very easy to write him as "achieving his true potential" and manifesting more and more of his Elder God-like traits as time goes on...

He could easily be written as a character superior to Odin without any outside amps/Runes/inherenting the Odinforce/ect...

TheLordofMurder

This is a very good way to write it as well...

thumb up

PS, it does contradict Odin creating the hammer for Thor and imbuing it with power however...

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor is the offspring of an elite Skyfather and an Elder God...

As a result it would be very easy to write him as "achieving his true potential" and manifesting more and more of his Elder God-like traits as time goes on...

He could easily be written as a character superior to Odin without any outside amps/Runes/inherenting the Odinforce/ect...

I forgot about Gaea.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This is a very good way to write it as well...

thumb up

PS, it does contradict Odin creating the hammer for Thor and imbuing it with power however...

Thanks. And I considered that maybe it could be alluded to that Loki at a young age attempted to leech a piece of thors essence and the spell went awry sending the forces into the hammer...or the same premise with Odin. Or Odin knowing (and fearing) that Thor may someday surpass him decided to take a portion of his power and place it in the hammer...it would be one hell of a retcon

"Id"
If the writers actually follow the ground work laid out. X-Man should shoot into GodHood, on the pretense of evolution.

Physical, and Mental barriers keep him from evolving (uncorking his power).
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3121/xman046page13image0001.jpg
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/543/xman046page14image0001.jpg

Than you have to factor in the AoA mythos of the Phoenix Force. Where the decedents of Omega the First Mutant, are the next of kin to become Phoenix Host.

all the characters you listed could be plausibly written in the trans tier stably. most would only need to get over self-imposed mental blocks.

jitay
Bump

SamZED
Sentry by Voiding out.

Odekahn
Hal also

abhilegend
Superman has been written like a trans tier character several times when he drops his mental blocks. Read OWAW.

Digi
Well, Thor has been explicitly at this level in several arcs. Anything King Thor related, for example. It wouldn't be hard for him to assume such power again. With all the power available for the taking via Asgard/Odin, he has the easiest route to permanent Trans. or Skyfather.

I'd say Sentry is already > HH on average, so I'm not sure if he should apply in this thread.

They're all quite bound by story though. As long as they have Thor on the Avengers, for example, which will be always...he'll need to stay around current levels.

Maybe if they ran with the Keeper story for Surfer.

All are capable, of course, but I don't see it as likely with any but Sentry.

pym-ftw
On the Less likely side...

Man-thing as the Guardian of the Nexus of realities has a real shot of being above HH, probably around starbrand level.

Blue Marvel is literally just needing feats to confirm he is above elite, so it could go either way.

Warlord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.